Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Crackerjack Offline

Arrow Musharna's appearance

Not trying to sound like an EarthBound theorist, but am I the only one who thinks Musharna looks like a fetus? I mean, it's got the umbillical cord, the shape and everything.

If you want me to rescue you in PMD1, just ask. There is nothing a Lv. 100 Flareon and Meganium cannot do.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:25 PM
EpicZekrom Offline

Default Re: Musharna's appearance

I always thought it looked like some sort of animal...but now that you mention it..It is sort of in a fetal position though i never really saw a umbical cord...i thought it was cute up till now...
Old 08-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Crackerjack Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicZekrom View Post
I always thought it looked like some sort of animal...but now that you mention it..It is sort of in a fetal position though i never really saw a umbical cord...i thought it was cute up till now...
Haha sorry I ruined that for you. The pink thingy is kind of like one even though it's attatched weird, it could be overlapping between the "legs." I was wondering, is a fetus what Musharna is supposed to be?

If you want me to rescue you in PMD1, just ask. There is nothing a Lv. 100 Flareon and Meganium cannot do.

Last edited by Crackerjack; 08-26-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Pink not purple. I haven't the slightest idea why I typed purple.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

Musharna is based on the same dream-eating tapir that Drowzee is based on, but it could have had multiple inspirations. I always thought the way it hangs there in the air was creepy, unsure if it's because it's based on a fetus or because that's just how they chose to animate "floating."

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Umm... Yeah.. It's a tapir.. What kind of feti (plural of fetus) are you looking at?

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Crackerjack Offline

Just looked at Bulbapedia on Musharna.

Quote:
Origin
Musharna appears to be based on traditional Japanese incense burners called koro. These are used in traditional tea ceremonies, but many styles of koro have been developed to be used with insect repellent incense. These insect repellent koro are popularly shaped like a pig. Musharna, like Drowzee, also seems to share some inspiration from the myth of the Baku, tapir-like creatures that eat dreams. Its curled up, sleeping appearance is similar to that of a fetus.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

to each thier own, I always kinda had a different perspective on Musharna..

more like the Catapiller from Alice in Wonderland in that I see it smoking so it attains an ethereal (dreamlike) state of mind.

Pokérus Empire
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Skylands Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
Musharna is a rounded, pig- or tapir-like Pokémon, with a beige head that is separated from its purple body by a petal-like rounded pattern distinction. It has oval pink markings on its cheeks; the tips of its stubby limbs are also colored pink, as is the Dream Mist that comes out of its forehead. Since its eyes, which have discernible eyelashes, have been seen closed and its body in a curled position, it conveys the impression that it can be commonly seen asleep.
Apparently, it's dream mist. Not a cord. I can agree though, at first glance it looked a bit absurd.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:42 PM
atucker22 Offline

I can see where you are coming from, but to me, it always looked like an anteater or aardvark.
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Closed Thread