Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Skeez Offline

Default iPhone app?

Since using the Internet on an iPhone is a rather tiresome activity (observe, I'm doing it now) why not make a PE2K iPhone application? I know a few forums that have done so for the pure fact that it is easier to navigate arous the forums if it is designed for just that reason.

Just an idea.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi
Default Re: iPhone app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeez View Post
Since using the Internet on an iPhone is a rather tiresome activity (observe, I'm doing it now) why not make a PE2K iPhone application? I know a few forums that have done so for the pure fact that it is easier to navigate arous the forums if it is designed for just that reason.

Just an idea.
That is a rather good idea might I say.. =D

Tho we would need to find members with the know how of doing so, I think Paperfairy could do something like this, but he's busy enough as it is with projects for the website that require coding and such, if memory serves correctly Randor could maybe have done something like this but I'm not sure what happened to him.

Also if this gets approved by other people I am 100% sure that if your interested you could probably create a thread in this section http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...splay.php?f=54 to gather members to help out making an app like that, but that's only if your interested in creating it I guess (assuming you wanted to work on making that app).. ^^;
Old 08-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Even though I don't have an iPhone/Android/whatever, I actually think this is a pretty cool idea. Not too long ago I got into thinking about asking for a mobile view of the forum or something, so I'm all for it. xD

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 08-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I agree with Jessu, simply having a mobile version of the site would be nice, since I tend to use my 3DS to access the site a lot and though it loads at a decent speed most of the time, other times it can be an absolute bear and having a mobile version(like Photobucket or FFNet) would be a massive help, though I have NO idea how to do that. XD

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 08-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Skeez Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That is a rather good idea might I say.. =D

Tho we would need to find members with the know how of doing so, I think Paperfairy could do something like this, but he's busy enough as it is with projects for the website that require coding and such, if memory serves correctly Randor could maybe have done something like this but I'm not sure what happened to him.

Also if this gets approved by other people I am 100% sure that if your interested you could probably create a thread in this section http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...splay.php?f=54 to gather members to help out making an app like that, but that's only if your interested in creating it I guess (assuming you wanted to work on making that app).. ^^;
I'd be more than happy to help bring PE2K to the iPhone/Android/3DS world. If a few more people think that this would be a good idea I'll post up a thread and get to work molding the basics. A mobile view would just make things a hell of a lot easier to manage when posting from an iPhone, etc. I'm on my iPhone now, and this message just took me 5 minutes to write. :|
Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I dunno why this wasn't implemented earlier. Good idea, brah!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:50 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

It's a good idea. The problem is finding someone who knows how to do it AND who has enough time to do it...
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

Commenting to say that I think this is a great idea. <3
Old 08-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Hey Hey! We've got ourselves a thinker. I like that.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:08 PM
most duded Offline

talk to the creators of it. it might be hard, but, worth a shot

Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

A mobile app would be cool, but if not a mobile forum skin would work just as well!