Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Re: Individual RP: ChainReaction01

(OOC: This one bad too xD)

The snowstorm picked up, but thankfully the walk to the caves wasn't long. It was long enough to get damn freezing, though. Dual began to shake a bit, and even though he'd never admit it I knew the elements were starting to get to him. Without warning him I returned him to his PokeBall - if I'd given him a choice or a sign, he would have dodged or resisted the device's influence.

When we got inside the cave, I was immediately awe-struck by its beauty. The walls of the cavern were sheathed in ice, which caused light to play around in rainbows and dance across the floor. It was truly a magnificent sight.

I heard a loud thump, and then a strange hissing noise. A large block of ice slid straight past Ivy, causing her hair to flare up around her. She waited for another one to pass and then looked around the corner before pulling her head back to consult with me.

“Well, it's another warrior,” she said to me. “It looks kinda busy through, so we might be able to sneak past it without conflict if you don't want to fight.”

"Yeah, let's try that," I replied. "I want to get to that Froslass as soon as possible. And we still need to investigate the cavern that Leo found too."

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 09-02-2011, 12:18 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: I think they're fine.)

NBP#16

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Surprisingly, the Meditite let them through without a fuss. She guessed that it was too busy doing whatever sort of construction project it had been ordered to accomplish. It seemed like Froslass was redecorating. She hoped that didn't mean the ghost wanted to stay. If so, she had another thing coming.

Ivy nodded as they moved on through the new cave. She could say that she hadn't been here before, even though these caverns look like they went on for a long time. Surely such a thing had been visible from outside? Chainy hadn't been here either, and he had been a Ranger much longer than she was. She had her suspicions that this was the place Leo had mentioned.

Sure enough, they came into a room that was mostly open to the sky. The center of the room was marked by a giant snow pile, looking like the massive amount of snow had slid in from the north. Part of the ceiling was caved in, and she could see rock and ice chunks buried in the hill. It spilled south, continuing on over the broken wall into another large wall of snow beyond. It definitely hinted at avalanche. It had finally stopped snowing so hard. Now the flakes were coming down gently.

“I think you're right, Chainy,” she said. “I think this was what Leo found. I've never seen this place before, and this damage looks recent.” She pointed to the rough edges of the broken wall and ceiling. They weren't worn by wind and constant harsh weather.

It looked like there was a small side path around the snow if they hugged the north wall, and she made to move toward it when Haji's ears perked. She caught sight of a form against the shadowed part of the south wall, sitting down with its head tilted back. The blue fur and pointy ears revealed it to be another Lucario, and her whole body stopped for a second, remembering her battle.

“Another Lucario,” she said to Chainy, motioning toward it. “It looks like it's sleeping or meditating. Do you want a shot at it?”

He had already captured a Riolu, but who knew, he could want another. Ivy couldn't see any tell-tale signs of the warrior stricken on it, so maybe this one was okay. There was a medium-sized pile of snow next to it, slanted like it had been dug from the cave in. Maybe it had been looking for something?

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Lucario: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
4 Encounters Remaining
Timburr Disk: 5/5
Area Effects: It's snowing lightly.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover, Brave M Vanillite, Mild M Riolu
MCR: 0/35,000 [Rare Rank]

Picture Value: 1,500

Items: 2x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 83%
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Justified
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

Pokemon: Medicham @ 60%
Nickname: Sasha
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

Pokemon: Metagross @ 81%
Nickname: Meta
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Brave
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

We snuck past the warrior Pokemon, dodging from ice-cube to ice-cube. I had no idea why the Froslass wanted something constructed - knowing the ghost, it was probably blocking off a vital water source or something. Well, I wasn't going to stand for that. Either I'd capture the Pokemon before the wall was completed, or I'd come back afterwards and knock it down.

In the centre of the room was a huge snowdrift that led through the demolished wall. I looked up and saw a huge hole in the roof - no doubt some kind of avalanche had smashed its way through the ground, revealing this cavern. Ivy said that she thought this must have been the cavern Leo wanted us to check out. I agreed, but I didn't say anything. Something about this place felt wrong, despite its serene beauty.

Ivy pointed towards a shadowed part of the south wall, and through my visor I saw a Lucario. It was sitting there peacefully, almost like it was meditating.

“Another Lucario. It looks like it's sleeping or meditating. Do you want a shot at it?” Ivy asked me.

I debilitated for a second - Lucario were powerful Pokemon, and I certainly wouldn't mind catching one. However, I already caught the Riolu from before, and my main objective was to reach that Froslass and get it the hell out of Ivy's mind.

"No, let's just move on," I replied. However, Ivy nudged me and looked meaningfully at the small camera bag attached to the side of my pack. Derp. I could take a picture of it and sell it to the nerds at the Archive. I pulled out the camera and pointed it at the Lucario, hoping that the flash wouldn't attract attention from anything distasteful.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 09-03-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:27 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#17

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy snapped a picture after she reminded him with a slight shove. If the Lucario wasn't making any motions against them, it didn't hurt to snap a shot. Lots of collectors paid for pictures back at the Main Outpost, and they'd surely pay quite a bit for a picture of such a rare Pokémon. Thankfully, the fighter didn't stir as he got the image.

They continued on through the gap between the snowbank and the wall, sliding through sideways with just enough room for all of them. Mienfoo gave a disgruntled whine as they moved through the smaller gap, flattening himself against her. A small bit of snow fell on top of his head, and he shook it off with a rapid twist of his head.

They moved on into the next room, through a couple of smaller rooms and then a long tunnel that seemed to stretch for miles. There was light at the end of it, and the place got brighter as they came out into open air again. It was still snowing, but the flakes were falling gently. The white stars piled up on the tall snow towers, decorating the room like a forest of rocks. Some of them stretched high into the air, looming over the group of people. They'd have to get through them though, so she started weaving them in a path between the structures. There should be an exit somewhere on the other side, if the Froslass was actually here.

She went around a rock quickly then, and came face to face with a giant blue bird. Mienfoo squeaked in surprise, huddling down into her arms as low as he could go. His eyes were wide, staring into the red-tinted ones of the legendary bird.

Ivy stilled, her own eyes wide too. The large bird cooed quietly, shaking its whole body as snow dropped of of it. Three darker feathers sat on top of its head, sharp and crisp. A light blue crest poofed out of its chest, and she could see the long streaming tail wrapped around where it was perched in some sort of nest of snow and rock. Its feathers rustled as it shifted, looking at all of them.

She had been afraid at first, that Froslass had managed to snag Articuno. She should have known better though. Legends were not conquered easily, and this one looked perfectly fine. Its eyes were the correct shade. She couldn't help but feel it knew what was going on through, from the intense look it was giving them. It tilted its head to the side and looked to the west, looking back at them before looking off again.

Ivy nodded, getting the message. The Froslass was close. “We'll stop her,” she said confidently, knowing that their team could handle anything.

The bird preened happily with closed eyes while it flapped its wings for a second. It gained instants of lift, and an icy wind blew up around them. Mienfoo squeaked again and shivered, rubbing his hands up and down his arms. The bird chattered like it was laughing. Then Articuno looked at the camera bag that Chainy kept attached to his pack. It cocked its head to the side in question and puffed its chest out. It looked like this legend liked attention.

“I think Articuno wants a picture,” she said.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Articuno: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

3 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario, Articuno
MCR: 0

Picture Value: 3,000

Items: 2x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: If you want me to remove the Mienfoo part at the end, let me know.

I took a picture of the Lucario, and then we slipped through the thin gap. A bit of snow fell onto the Mienfoo's head - he whined and shook it off. I could tell he wasn't impressed. I didn't blame the little guy - snow be all cold n shiz.

We moved on through the caves, passing small caves and offshoot corridors. Ivy kept the lead, keeping an eye out for anything strange at all times. She quickly turned a corner and froze. The Mienfoo squeaked and huddled backwards against Ivy's chest, its eyes wide. I quickly darted forwards, in case it was a dangerous Pokemon or a falling rock slide or something. It WAS a dangerous Pokemon, alright, but it didn't seem to have a beef with us. The Articuno was sitting on top of a craggy nest formed of rock, ice, and snow. It rustled its feathers and looked pointedly down a side passage. Ivy seemed to get what was going on, but I had no idea.

"We'll stop her," she promised the Legendary Pokemon.

My eyebrow raised - I assumed from her inflection that she was talking about the Froslass, although I hadn't thought of it as a female before. It was always just some kind of genderless evil, floating about amongst my thoughts. In fact, that was probably why it had gone for Ivy as opposed to me.

The Articuno closed its eyes and preened happily as a few gusts of cold wind blew up around us. The Mienfoo wasn't happy about this - he rubbed his arms and climbed out of Ivy's grip over her shoulder. He jumped back up onto his perch on my pack, shivering and hiding from the cold. The Articuno's chest puffed out and it looked at me inquiringly.

"I think Articuno wants a picture," Ivy said.

"I can certainly do that," I responded, drawing the camera again and taking a few snapshots of the Ice-type. It tilted its head and fluffed its wings around, enjoying the attention. I decided to butter it up a bit for funsies.

"You truly are an amazing creature," I flattered the bird. I then turned to Ivy and jerked my head to the side, indicating that I was ready to go.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-03-2011, 11:43 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Nah, I like it. It works with what I'm going to do next. Hopefully there's some material for you.)

NBP#18

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Mienfoo scrambled onto the back of Chainy's pack as the other Ranger snapped a picture of the Legendary bird. He complimented it too, and Articuno seemed pleased. Then he jerked his head to the side when he was ready, and Ivy lead them through the forest of rocks to try and find another path on the other side.

She wasn't really sure how much of a role the bird took at Oktori. While she knew the Legendary Pokémon probably kept peace and order to some degree, she had never really seen any proof of that besides Groudon sleeping near the volcano. They had speculations that it was keeping the mountain quiet. If they failed to stop the Froslass, would the others come and do it? Or would they side with their fellow Pokémon and let the Ice-type have her reign?

She shook her head after a mental nudge from Haji. She cleared those thoughts, wondering if they were her own doubts or something the ghost had planted in her mind. Either one was possible.

The next tunnel closed off the sky as they ducked through. The small piles and sheets of snow that had blown in from the open room started to taper off the further down they went. More patches of ice appeared on the ground, and the walls started to crystallize. They shined in different colors from the stones frozen beneath them.

They followed the tunnel and eventually came to the edge of a large ice plane. Ivy looked, but the ice expanded to the whole rest of the room as far as she could tell. There were columns of ice-covered rock placed all over though, so if there was room on the other side, it might end. That wasn't the cool thing about the room through.

Ivy stepped out onto the ice and gave herself a little push, sliding across the surface just like she used to do on the pond at her old family home. It was like a skating rink in here. She looked around, and the walls were all alight with color. They were mostly blueish, but there were some purple and reds streaming too. Each surface was uneven, but the planes were smooth, and she could see parts of her reflections in them as she glided around.

She did a spin, sending her red hair arcing around her as she finished so she was drifting backward, looking at the rest on the bank. Haji's face was his usual blank, but there were warm thoughts coming through the bond. She had a small smile on her face. “Can you skate, Chainy?” she asked, turning again so she could go around one of the rock pillars.

When she came around the other side, her body funny. She was lightheaded, though the buzzing in her head hadn't gone away. Then, there was a sharp pain, and she hissed as she grabbed at her skull. Chainy said something, but she couldn't make out the words over the roaring in her ears. She grabbed the stone for support and turned her head to the side so she could get a good look at herself.

Her eyes widened a little as two bright orbs stared back at her, and she saw that kimono with the red bow again. Froslass was here. She violently tried to push the ghost out, and the power flared around her, warping the air as she tried to force her to stop. She felt rather than heard her snarl though, and then her body lost control of itself as Froslass slammed it up against the stone she was trying to hold onto.

Her body dropped to the ice, laying flat on her stomach as she moaned. She quit trying to push at the ghost in the process, being able to do nothing but sit there and try to keep her head from spinning. The room wouldn't stop twirling. She wanted to throw up.

A light brushing of a white dress was just past her red hair in the corner of her vision. Ivy turned slightly so she could look up without moving her head much, and the angry yellow and blue eyes of the Froslass looked down on her. The ghost waved her two arms outward violently, every motion she made screaming her rage. “That was for my warriors,” she growled. The words echoed off the walls and floor, filling the cavern with ominous promises. Since she was apparently talking, Froslass was still using part of her.

It was strange, she thought, seeing this Pokémon so full of anger. Jack had a Froslass, and she was sweet and docile, not vicious like this one. From what she understood, Froslass were very loving and protecting toward those they cared about. Ivy wondered what had happened to this one to make her act so damaging.

“Did you have fun with my little game?” she said next, putting that sickeningly sweet tint to the words. At least it wasn't using Ivy's voice this time.

The girl looked at Chainy and the rest, catching Haji's gaze. She still couldn't form words, and her head hurt too much to try any sort of mental speaking. She watched as the ghost got closer to them and wanted to do something. Unfortunately, she could only watch from the middle of the floor.

“She is my price if you cannot defeat me, for intruding on my mountain. If you lose, she stays,” Froslass said, pointing back at her still laying on the ground. Her tone held no place for arguments. “If you will not fight, I will keep her.” She could hear Haji growl low, a sound he hadn't been quick to make before today. “Make your choice. You can flee now with your pathetic life or try to best me.”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Froslass: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

2 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario, Articuno, Froslass
MCR: 1,999/45,000 [Special Rank]

Picture Value: 5,000

Pokemon Stats

Old 09-05-2011, 05:35 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: I like this post ^^

The large blue bird ruffled its feathers happily and preened its wings using its beak. It seemed to be done with us, although I saw it watching us as we left. I wondered why the Articuno hadn't done anything regarding the Froslass. Perhaps it thought the Froslass not worthy of its attention. Perhaps it was simply too lazy to do anything. Perhaps it trusted us to do our jobs and save the mountain from the ghost's clutches. Or perhaps this was just another random event in the Legendary Pokemon's long life, indistinguishable from any other "crisis" it had seen. Whatever the reason, it didn't seem inclined to help us. The last I saw of the giant bird was it settling down over its nest, wings spread wide and head held low.

I could tell that Ivy's thoughts were also tied up by the Legendary Pokemon. That didn't bother me - anything to keep her mind off of the invasive Froslass. I could feel a white-hot fist of rage grip me even as the thought of the Pokemon crossed my mind, and yet the analytical part of me knew that the Froslass couldn't be pure evil. Something had to have happened to turn it into the manipulative schadenfreude-loving beast it was today. Furthermore, if I intended to capture it, I'd have to deal with it, which felt like an incredibly daunting task.

As if he could feel my doubts, the little Mienfoo squeaked questioningly at me and rubbed his little nose into my neck, trying to reassure me. I reached back and scratched the top of his head, and the little Fighting-type began to purr and thump its leg reflexively against my back. I grinned - the motion reminded me of a dog's response to having its stomach scratched.

I followed Ivy as she ducked through a low-down tunnel. I had no idea where we were going, but I had a feeling Ivy did. Perhaps she could feel the Froslass through their (undesired) link. The ground became shiny and slippery and the bare rock walls were slowly sheathed in protective ice crystals. I was just about to tell Ivy I thought we should get out of here when the small corridor began to widen out. We turned a corner and an amazing sight was revealed to us. A huge underground ice plain stretched out almost as far as the eye could see. The walls were covered by the ice formations and pillars of crystals were speckled randomly throughout the huge room.

Ivy stepped forward and slid easily on the ice, moving fluidly around one of the pillars. The sharply-cut faces of the ice reflected her in strange and interesting ways, almost like a kaleidoscope. I watched Ivy skate with wonder - her hair flowed like a living being, twisting around her and darting from side to side as she turned. I also felt a bit envious - I wished I could skate. I'd tried once, but all I'd ended up with was a sore butt and an eternal memory of Jakk's mocking laughter.

Ivy turned around so she was sliding backwards, a gentle smile on her face. "Can you skate, Chainy?" she asked me.

"No, I wish I could," I called back. My foot hovered forwards unconsciously - ever atom in my body was desperately crying out for me to join her on the ice plain. However, that was when the beautiful moment was tarnished forever.

Ivy suddenly cried out and grabbed her head. She then clung onto the rock pillar she was sliding past, and I knew something was wrong.

"Ivy!" I called out.

She didn't seem to hear me, though. She was clinging onto the rock and looking around confusedly. Suddenly she snarled, and her body threw itself towards the rock pillar. I winced as she made contact - the pillar was solid and it must have hurt. The Ranger crumpled to the ground, landing in a heap on the ice. She moaned and rolled onto her stomach, and the culprit was revealed. The Froslass slowly faded into view, drifting towards Ivy. The Wild Pokemon was silent until it was right in front of Ivy.

"That was for my warriors," it hissed, throwing its hands forwards and using Ivy's voice. Ivy cried out and the sounds echoed around the cavern, intermingling and together forming a sound exponentially worse than the two separate noises by themselves. The Mienfoo was shaking badly, and suddenly there was no doubt in my mind that whatever had happened to the little Pokemon originally was somehow linked to this Froslass. Ivy just happening to wake it up was faaar too coincidental. There was a larger threat on this mountain somewhere. I wanted to share this thought with Haji, but the Espeon's tail was held high and his fur was erect. You didn't have to be a genius to figure out that the cat was seriously pissed off.

The Froslass turned to me, menace in its eyes. "Did you have fun with my little game?" it asked in its natural voice, adding in the sickly-sweet honeyed overtones that I recognised from before.

"I did," I replied firmly. "I captured the Riolu, sent the Makuhita running, and snuck past the Meditite. Either your Pokemon-controlling abilities are rubbish or you didn't pick your fighters very wisely."

The Ghost-type hissed and began to float towards me, away from Ivy. “She is my price if you cannot defeat me, for intruding on my mountain," my opponent sneered. "If you lose, she stays. If you will not fight, I will keep her. Make your choice. You can flee now with your pathetic life or try to best me.”

I smiled, rather gently. This wasn't a choice at all. "I'm going to take you on and ruin your s**t completely," I informed the Wild Pokemon. "You'll be living inside a Super Ball within the next thirty minutes."

I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Meta was a great match-up versus the Froslass. Its Ghost-type moves weren't very effective and its Ice moves were virtually useless, not to mention that his Steel-type moves would hit for supereffective damage. The Froslass wouldn't be able to take more than two Meteor Mashes before accepting its fate like the little b***h that it is. I reached for his PokeBall when I saw Dual stepping forward.

No! I yelled through our link. Stay back, Dual!

Dual opened his connection to me fully, and I could suddenly feel a burning rage wash over me. Dual was great at containing his emotions, but never once had I even considered that he was as angry about all this as me. I knew that Dual was fairly close to Ivy, but this was completely unexpected.

<As you can see, you can't stop me from doing this,> he said quietly.

I disagree, I sent firmly, even shaking my head. I am not allowing you to battle.

For the first time ever, Dual exploded at me. <How dare you presume to tell me what I may and may not do?> he demanded. <Are we not partners?>

Exactly, I replied, and as your partner I'm begging you to think. If you go out there now, the Froslass will send you packing. It's a Ghost type, Dual, and your Fighting moves will be useless on it!

<Well then what would you have me do?>

I would have you trust me. I would have you wait, and allow Meta to soften the Ghost before I send you in to fight the final leg.

Dual was silent for a couple of seconds. <Very well,> he grudgingly accepted, stepping back behind me. I reached for Meta's PokeBall when I suddenly saw a second figure step in front of me. It was Sasha. She moved in front of me confidently, onto the ice and opposite the Froslass.

"Sasha, get back from there!" I yelled. I couldn't battle with Sasha any more than I could Dual - she shared his weakness to Ghost-typed attacks, and furthermore she was even more frail than Dual was. And this was all forgetting that she wasn't even in tip-top shape - her battle with the Riolu had taken its toll on her, and I could see it in her slightly-slumped battle stance. Still, she didn't move.

"That Froslass is going to wipe the floor with you!" I screamed.

<Then I guess you'll have to command me well,> a new voice slipped into my mind. It was feminine and yet strong, sure of itself. There was no doubt as to who had spoken to me. I stared at Sasha dumbstruck, and she gazed at me over her shoulder. The act was so unexpected that I simply nodded. I flicked a look at Dual, and he nodded at me.

<This will be a good test for her,> he said, having apparently regained his composure. <For you both.>

"Alright then," I muttered under my breath, before raising it to call my commands. "Sasha, you're going to have to be really careful. This Froslass could take you by surprise and knock you out completely, so we have to set up some defenses. Use your Calm Mind technique, and Meditate while you do it too. Then, use Acupressure on yourself."

Acupressure was a risky move. It made the Pokemon stronger, but in an unpredictable way. It might do something good like make Sasha faster, or it might be a useless gesture, like making her take physical hits better. Seeing as the Froslass was mostly a special attacker, a defense raise would almost be a waste, which was why I commanded a Calm Mind as well. Now she would be able to take the damage that Froslass doled out a bit better. A plan began to rise in my head, but I knew it wouldn't be enough to bring the Froslass down.

Sasha folded her legs underneath her, and placed her hands on her knees. Her red helmet began to glow blue and the Psychic-type began to levitate off the ground - a side effect of her meditation. The Meditate technique focused the user's muscles and fighting spirit, increasing the user's attack. This would help when I commanded an attack. I considered ordering a Bulk Up, but that required physical muscle stimulation. Meditating was essentially the same thing as calming one's mind, so hopefully Sasha could take advantage of both stat boosts at the same time.

When Sasha was finished with these commands, she would begin the acupressure. A hundred needles made of pure blue energy would appear all around her, and at a silent command they would plunge into her body, bypassing her physical presence and striking her pressure points, releasing her potential. Hopefully it would be something that helped against the Froslass. Arceus knew I'd need the boost to try to take this evil Ghost down. However, that wasn't the only thing I needed. I needed a real concrete plan aside from just stat up and pray. I was almost too scared to try thinking of one, though - if the Froslass could reach into my mind and pick it out, she could probably counter it. Seeing as she got into Ivy's mind fairly easily, I had no doubt she could do it to mine. What I needed was help. I was fairly adequate at mental defenses, and Dual was as well. We needed a professional though, one who could hold off the Froslass' superb mind invasion techniques. A bolt of lightning seemed to pass through me as I realised the answer was literally standing beside me.

Haji, can I have your help? I asked the Espeon nervously. For Ivy?

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-06-2011, 07:45 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: It's a good post. Mfw my posts for you are longer than my posts for me.)

BP#9

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Haji tried to force down his rage as it threatened to bubble up inside him. He beat it back just barely, drowning it in the cool waters of his calmness. He knew it would not help them, yet his anger still rippled at the surface of his conscious. The Froslass had dared to hurt Ivy, and for that he would not forgive.

He reached out to her with his mind, seeing her still form motionless on the ice. Just one peek into what she was feeling made him recoil and retreat into his own mind. Her mind was a nightmare, churning with too many thoughts and feelings to get anything straight out of it. She didn't respond to him, and he rather doubted she could at the moment.

“Ivy, get up,” he urged. Out in the middle of the battlefield, she was in danger. He had half a mind to move her himself, but he didn't dare make too many motions. He wouldn't risk the Froslass doing something else to her, and he feared any mental attempt to move her would just damage her mind more. She would have to be moved soon through, if she did not rise by herself.

The Espeon figured Chainy knew this. The man would not ignore her, so he relaxed slightly, focusing on what was happening. The other Ranger seemed to be forming a plan, but then an echoing shouting filled his mind, and he clenched his eyes at the volume.

Sometimes telepathic communication was like regular speech to him. There was a point where his mental capacity expanded so much that his mind picked up on things like that without meaning too. Seeing how Dual and Chainy were shouting at each other, it was hard to miss. He took all of it in like the incoming tide, letting his brain process all of the information before he formed an opinion on it.

He understood Dual's point, and he was thankful the fighter was angry at the Froslass almost to the same degree as Chainy. He could understand the rage at being ordered around as well. It was a fairly thin line, he thought, between partner and slave. With Pokémon, this was always a touchy subject, though Haji did not believe that following commands made one a slave. He knew there were times that you led and times that you followed. Neither made you weaker.

He would always trust Ivy's judgment, since he knew she would never willingly cause him harm or wish for him to only serve her. Ever since she saved him from those terrible dark days, he would always know. Dual calmed down and came to the same realization soon after, but then Sasha stepped forward to fight, to the Ranger's dismay.

He understood that air about her though, and the calm way she communicated with the man. Chainy had earned her respect in this run, which was very impressive, considering they had not spent much time together. Haji did not doubt that quick judgment, however, as he had made the same decision long ago when he chose to fight next to Ivy without knowing her at all. He had not regretted it, and he could tell the Medicham would not either. This would be their first true test against a very formidable opponent.

Energy swirled as Chainy gave his commands, and Sasha did not hesitate to follow them. To ready herself, she went down into her meditation stance, sitting with her legs folded with her arms resting on her knees. The Espeon felt her energy ripple and shift as her hat began to glow, and then she rose, hovering inches above the ground as she boosted her strength.

A questioning ping on the edge of his senses brought his attention back to Chainy as the man asked a question. “Haji, can I have your help? For Ivy?”

He sounded hesitant, like he was nervous to be asking such a thing. Instantly, Haji felt his mind and knew what he was referring to. Just like when Ivy and he battled the Meditite, Chainy was worried the ghost was going to read the plans right out of his mind. He wanted some sort of defense in place so she wouldn't be able to counter everything. He felt a glimpse of something to do with Ivy before the man smartly cleared his head before his thoughts wandered. Haji was hoping he was going to get her off the field. It would be wise to have the ghost unknowing.

The purple cat nodded and expended his power. Instead of the pulsing flare, it built up like a bubbling pot, slowly rising to the surface to make the air hum. It was quieter that way, and out of notice. Even though the ghost shouldn't be able to interfere, he wasn't taking a chance. He had thought Ivy safe from her wrath as well. He connected his own mind to the link of Chainy and Dual, feeling how thick and intertwined the chords really were. They had a tight bond, one that he hoped he and Ivy would one day have. It was impressive considering Chainy wasn't even Dual's original Trainer.

He hooked onto the edge of that power and chased it around in circles, going around the perimeter with his own senses much like a guard Growlithe did at the prison. Then, he added his power into it layer by layer, swaying back and forth and building up an imaginary wall between their minds and the outside world. While it wasn't perfect, it should help. He was confident in his mental capabilities, much like the Gallade was confident in his strength.

“Be wary of the Froslass,” Haji warned the man, knowing he probably knew it but unable to not remind him. It was for Ivy. “There is something off about her, some memory that drives her. She is unlike the other peaceful souls here and may fight unfairly. She may use Ivy as a hostage,” he semi-growled, hating the idea of it. “The longer she stays there, the more danger she is in.” All he could do was hope the ghost didn't notice her before they could act.

The Froslass didn't seem concerned with what they were doing though, instead readying her own plans. The smooth surface coating the floor rippled, and Haji felt the ground's energy stir as sharp spikes rose out of the once calm plain. They scattered and sprouted all around the room, creating a minefield of dangerous objects. Sasha would have to leave the stable shore eventually, and they could prove to be a problem.

Then there was snow. It began to fall at an increasing rate, and Haji knew that soon the flakes would turn to chunk of ice to pelt them. He could feel the ghost manipulating them. He wanted Ivy safe before then. Unprotected, the ice would cut into her skin. Then the wind started to stir as the Froslass prepared an Icy Wind. She was keeping it back though, waiting for the Medicham to make her move.

The cat felt the energy around Sasha spike as he saw dozens of aura needles pierce her skin. He felt her senses rise sharply, as the Acupressure technique did. The energy in her veins increased its velocity, rippling like it had been charged. The shot had increased her movement nerves, making her more limber for her next move. She would need it if she was going against that wind. The ice tended to seep into the muscles and slow a warrior down, and Sasha would have to be quick in order to out-maneuver the ghost.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Hasty F Froslass: 100% [Used Spikes, Hail, and preparing Icy Wind]
Hardy F Medicham: 60% [SpAtk/Atk/SpDef+1][Spe+2][Used Meditate, Calm Mind, and Acupressure]

Area Effects: It's beginning to snow.

---

Trainer Stats

2 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite, Lucario, Articuno, Froslass
MCR: 12,634/45,000 [Special Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Old 09-08-2011, 05:07 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

The purple cat took a couple moments to look at me. I could feel his thoughts racing through my mind, trying to determine exactly what I was asking for. I used the techniques Dual had taught me to hide a few select pieces of information but otherwise left myself bare. Haji nodded, indicating that he would help me. The Espeon’s spirit swirled around my connection to Dual, circling and covering it, strengthening the protection on our bond. Unfortunately I would not be able to communicate telepathically to Sasha, but there was nothing to be done there. Hopefully this would at least keep the Froslass out of my head. Not that I had a plan at the moment anyway.

As Sasha hovered in midair and glowed bright blue, the Froslass made its own move. Its arms were slowly raised, and the ice plain started to ripple like it was water and a stone had been cast into it. Sharp spikes of all sizes rose out of the ground, made of dirt as opposed to ice. They would cause a problem when I commanded an attack, and I needed to get rid of them.

The trouble didn’t stop there. Gentle flecks of snow began to fall, and initially I disregarded them. However, something didn’t feel right, and it took me a couple of seconds to realise that there was no natural explanation for the snowfall. We were in a cave! It had to be the precursor to Hail. I could sense Haji’s worry for Ivy and he opened a line of communication with me.

<There is something off about her, some memory that drives her. She is unlike the other peaceful souls here and may fight unfairly,> Haji warned me, sounding a little angry. <She may use Ivy as a hostage. The longer she stays there, the more danger she is in.>

Don’t worry, I’ll get her out of there as soon as possible, I promised the Espeon. I wasn’t going to let anything happen to Ivy.

Sasha touched back down on the ground, and she clapped her hands together. The beat echoed throughout the canyon, and a mass of blue needles appeared all around her body. They hovered silently for a second, before all zipping into Sasha. As they hit her skin, they collapsed into mist. I could see her muscles bunch slightly – not at the pain (there was none) but as testament to her increased power.

Do you know what happened? I asked Dual.

<It looks to me like her speed has been increased,> he replied slowly.

[i]Excellent. I’m going to command her to try and draw the Froslass away from Ivy. The second you see an opening, Teleport over to Ivy and bring her back here.”

The Gallade nodded, and I smiled. This fit in perfectly with my next move. Unfortunately, the Froslass’ response did not. I noticed that some of the falling snow was drifting around the Froslass, and lots of it was swirling around in a ball between the Froslass’ palms. No doubt it was an Ice-type attack, probably an Icy Wind, to try and bring Sasha back down to her original speed. That wouldn’t do – her reflexes would need to be as sharp as possible.

“Sasha, put up a Light Screen to try and ward off the majority of that attack,” I called out. “Then jump high and Rock Smash some of those Spikes off to the left. We need a safe area to work with. Once that’s done, Bulk Up a little bit.”

<Aren’t you commanding a few too many reinforcing moves?> Dual asked me even as he lowered his centre of gravity.

Nah, if Sasha is going to stand a chance against that Froslass she needs to be as powerful as possible, I replied. Truth was, I’d already considered this as a potential weakness in my general idea, but there wasn’t anything else I could do yet. Thankfully, when I DID go on the offense, Sasha had a large array of moves I could take advantage of. Fire Punch, Rock Tomb, Bullet Punch… myriad combinations flashed through my mind but I forced it back to the present.

Sasha held out her palms and a pink shield swirled into existence in front of her. As she did so, I saw her leg muscles bunch up – she was no doubt preparing for the jump I had commanded earlier. Her bloodflow had been stimulated by the Acupressure, and if she was anything like Dual, I was very familiar with the explosive power that Fighting-type Pokemon packed. I prepared to shield my face with my arm from the inevitable spray of ice slivers – perhaps if I was lucky, they might hit the Froslass and distract her for a little bit.

I waited nervously for the jump to the left. Hopefully the Froslass would keep an eye on Sasha and move away from Ivy. That’d give Dual a chance to teleport out there. I saw Sasha jump up into the air, and I felt a brief flash of warmth as the Gallade flashed out of existence. I knew the Froslass would see Dual leave, but my thought was that she would be too preoccupied by Sasha smashing down her Spikes to worry about exactly where. Dual wasn’t stupid, though – if I was underestimating the Ghost-type, he’d be able to adapt. All I could do was wait.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

BP#10

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

The ghost was putting pressure on Chainy's mind. Haji could feel the foreign energy brushing up against the barrier, trying to find a way inside to spy on what he was thinking. Between all of them though, they pushed her back, and the purple cat felt her energy flare in agitation. She seemed to stop, but he wasn't going to let his guard down. She would try again.

“Sasha, put up a Light Screen to try and ward off the majority of that attack,” the man said, seeing the wind Froslass was creating. “Then jump high and Rock Smash some of those Spikes off to the left. We need a safe area to work with. Once that's done, Bulk Up a little bit.”

He was ordering a lot of preparation moves, but Haji understood the need for them. The Froslass would be vicious, and if they weren't careful, she would destroy Sasha easily. The fighter was a little worn from her previous show of strength.

An almost-invisible screen of light appeared under the Medicham's palms as she put her hands up. The Light Screen should help her ward off the attack a little, letting her advance to the next stage. Her muscles tensed as she prepared to jump, avoiding as much of the ice plain as she could and giving her momentum for her attack. This was smart, as ice was difficult to travel on if you didn't know how. Froslass would outclass the fighter here.

As soon as Sasha jumped, Dual blinked out of existence. Haji caught a brief flash of the Gallade's mind and saw Ivy, so he knew she was probably going to be alright. That was good, since the Froslass had started moving.

She followed the Medicham thankfully, shrieking in a rage as she sent her frosty wind toward Sasha. The fighter came down on the ice hard, shattering the spikes that had built up and leveling out a platform for her to try and stand on. It was still slippery though, and as Sasha got into her stance to Bulk Up, the Icy Wind came down on her and swept her off her feet. Haji could see she didn't take too much damage though. Her muscles had increased enough for her to get up easily, and the screen had deflected some of the damage.

Dual flashed in by the pillar, scooping up Ivy as he teleported again. The Froslass saw it too late, and in a howl of rage, she called on the Hail. A snowstorm whipped up as the Gallade reached shore, and it whited out the entire battlefield. Sasha and the ghost were lost in the whirling snow.

Dual set Ivy down on the ground, but she was unresponsive as she laid on her side. Haji went up to her, but she didn't move. He saw that her eyes were active, but it was as if she couldn't speak. Another peek at her mind showed it just as jumbled as before. However, there were glimpses of images, something not from either of their memories. He saw the flash of a garment and darkness, and a horrible wailing sound that made his eyes cringe shut.

It seemed like Ivy was trapped in her own mind for now, and there probably wasn't anything they could do until the Froslass was dealt with. Haji was confident she'd be able to break out of it, so instead of worrying, he settled to curl up against her, pressing against her stomach. She would be okay, as long as she was kept out of the ghost's reach. He silently thanked the Gallade, grateful his own partner was okay.

Another wail was heard, and then a sharp cracking pierced the howling of the snow. Haji saw a dark strands of wind form in the thick cover, and he watched as they swirled with the falling snow and raced toward where they had last seen Sasha. The darkness arced high and flared before coming down on where the Medicham could've been. He heard her cry out, a sound that was lost on the wind after a few seconds.

The snow died down a little, though it was falling at a faster pace than it had been before. Small chunks of ice were also blowing around, and they make small clings on the surfaces as they struck. The ambiance quieted a little as the storm let up, and when they could see again, the Froslass had sparks trailing between her limbs. The ghost's sight was locked onto Sasha.

A glance over at the fighter showed her ready to respond, but thanks to the Froslass's attacks, she had been surrounded in a cage of icy spikes. They jagged up from the floor, and Haji could see where they had been cut off from the roof. A lot of them were waist high on Sasha, and all of them had pointed edges that were sure to hurt if she touched them. The floor was slippery too. Any hard attack would probably bowl her over right into the ice barrier.

As the electricity the Froslass was holding crackled, they all waited to see what Chainy would do next.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Hasty F Froslass: 100% [Used Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, and is preparing Thunderbolt]
Hardy F Medicham: 48% LS-1[SpAtk/Def/SpDef/Spe+1][Atk+2][Used Light Screen, Rock Smash, and Bulk Up]

Area Effects: It's beginning to snow.

---

Trainer Stats

2 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 17,461/45,000 [Special Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Medicham @ 48%

Old 09-10-2011, 10:13 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

I watched the Froslass desperately as Sasha flew through the air, slowly backing her fist up towards the ceiling. It shrieked angrily and turned to keep its eyes on the Medicham. My pent-up breath exploded out of me and I sent my thanks up to any benevolent entities that might have been watching over us. I saw Dual flash into existence behind the Ghost-type and bend down to pick Ivy up. Hopefully he could get out of there before the Froslass noticed.

Sasha smashed into the ground hard, performing the most wince-inducing ground pound I'd ever seen, in real life or a video game. Shockwaves emanated out from the Rock Smash, leveling most of the Spikes next the Fighting-type. I was glad to see that - any switch-in damage would be negated, if I decided to send Meta or Dual in. Despite my promise to Dual, I certainly wasn't going to send him in half-assed - there was no use wasting all of Sasha's stat-increasing moves just to satisfy his warrior's pride.

The Froslass pushed her sleeves towards Sasha, and a blinding gust of white wind lashed towards the Medicham. The Icy Wind assailed Sasha as she tried to stretch out her muscles and improve her physical abilities. I lost sight of her for a couple of seconds, but when the attack faded I saw that she had indeed been performing the move. She was also shivering - testament to the incredibly chilly nature of the Froslass' move - but otherwise looked okay, and even from here I could see her muscles bunching. But it wasn't enough, not yet. At least she was standing on solid rock, having punched clear through the ice earlier, but I didn't like the way things were going.

The Froslass sneered and turned back to check on Ivy just as Dual grabbed her and Teleported back over to us. She screamed, making a noise that tore at my eardrums, even over the sound of the winds.

"Ha ha, I have her now," I taunted the Ghost-type. "You aint got s**t on me, honey."

The scream morphed from one of frustration to one of pure and utter rage. Suddenly, the gently drifting snow turned into a vicious hailstorm, and I completely lost sight of Sasha. However, she'd have to wait for now - I needed to quickly check on Ivy. I kneeled down next to her, quite worried. She'd gone foetal, and seemed stuck in a trance of some sort. No doubt the Froslass' work. Haji nudged her with his head a couple of times, but apparently there was nothing extremely wrong because he sat contentedly next to her stomach and looked up at Dual and me somewhat expectantly. I knew what he was saying without opening a connection - it was time for me to really lay the smack-down on that Froslass.

I nodded and turned around just in time to see thin strands of dark wind intermingling with the falling hail and rushing snow. The ominous attack suddenly lashed forward and Sasha cried out in pain. There was no doubt in my mind that the attack the Froslass had just used was a Ghost-typed one - nothing else could hurt Sasha like that, at least, no other technique that the Froslass possessed. My mind quickly flew to Haxbat's Brave Bird attack, but I pushed the thought out of my mind. Now wasn't the time to dwell on a fear I thought I had under control - Sasha needed me, and now.

Luckily, the snowstorm began to calm down, and Sasha's predicament revealed itself to me. She was trapped inside a pseudo-cage of spiky icicles. Touching them would hurt her, and crashing into them would seriously injure her. I needed them gone as soon as possible. A crackling sound interrupted my thoughts, and I saw that the Froslass was charging a powerful Electric-type attack. I gritted my teeth - I knew what I had to do, but I didn't like it. Sasha would just have to deal with that attack - her Light Shield was still up, so hopefully that would take the bite out of the attack.

"Alright Sasha, listen up," I yelled across the wind. "You need to use Psycho Cut to clear that cage. Launch it and spin it around so it removes all the spikes, and try to spiral it towards Froslass afterwards. However, you won't be able to do that just yet - get in one last Bulk Up first. That Froslass is going to hit you hard with something, and you probably won't clear the spikes before it does, so you need to dig in hard. Don't let whatever it fired at you knock you over!"

I took a deep breath, and then continued, "Once you're free of that cage, use the rocks underneath your feet to slam that ghostie with a Rock Tomb!"

Sasha nodded, and she began to flex her muscles again. The Light Screen shivered a little bit, but it flew out in front of her body, through the icicles, getting ready to defend its principal from whatever horror the Froslass was about to unleash. There was always a chance that Sasha would get the Psycho cut off before the Froslass got her electric attack off, but I severely doubted that. All I could do was hope.

Sasha's muscles grew again. She was starting to look truly bulky - like she'd actually pose a threat to the Froslass. However, she also looked very tired. The battle with the Riolu from before had really taken its toll on her. Fortunately, I had an idea of how to combat that, but I'd need to take advantage of a lull in the battle, and I doubted the Froslass would give me one to work with. I'd just have to wait and see. A pink glint began to grow inside Sasha's right hand, and I realised she was charging the Psycho Cut while she was Bulking Up. Risky, but it just might work...

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-11-2011, 05:48 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

BP#11

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Ivy's mind continued to ebb and flow in and out of making sense. Haji kept checking, hoping she would break out of the ghost's hold as the Froslass got more involved with the battle. Her brain would almost get to a coherent thought, but then the idea would be lost in a sea of tumbling darkness that crashed around like waves. At least Froslass had stopped pushing up against Chainy's mind.

“Alright Sasha, listen up,” he said, going into his next commands. His first concern was getting rid of the spiky cage that surrounded the Medicham, but in order to do that, the man wanted her to Bulk Up more. Then she could use a Psycho Cut to clear the obstacles in the way. After that, a Rock Tomb was in order.

The only problem is that Froslass wouldn't wait around forever to attack, especially since she was already charging a Thunderbolt. Chainy asked Sasha to dig in, however, to make sure she wouldn't be knocked over onto the ice when Froslass did attack.

The Medicham got to work right away as she went into a ready stance. Haji could feel the energy swirling through her limbs in an attempt to strengthen them. He did notice one of her fists were glowing a pinkish color though, one that felt similar to his own Psychic attacks. Charging up her Psycho Cut was risky while strengthening herself. Her split attention could make both techniques less than what they were able to be, and if the ghost decided to attack, Sasha could lose focus of her move.

It worked out well enough however. The Medicham finished her preparations and swung her arm out. Slices of energy peeled off her glowing fist, traveling all around her in pink blades, shattering the icicles that surrounded her. Froslass chose that time to attack, streaking out with her lightning. The Light Screen came to call, and the bolt was veered slightly, saving Sasha from part of the blast. She did as she was told though, keeping her feet under her until the attack was through.

Then she began to focus, bracing her feet against the now dusty ground. Some of the icicles had been trapping dirt, and the wreckage created a semi-solid debris coat for the Psychic-type to stand on. She called forth the rocks in the ceiling and beneath her, cracking the ice as she willed them to attack.

Rocks of all sizes shot out at the Froslass, hitting her and the floor all around her, creating mini explosions of dust and a loud booming that echoed through their area. The ghost shrieked louder than before, trying to cover herself with her wispy sleeves as she backed up. The rocks were somewhat barricading her though, giving her little places to go.

Then, Haji felt something click in Ivy's mind. She responded suddenly, reaching out with a hand to grab Chainy's arm, who was still crouching next to her. The Espeon felt her mind reach out, and thinking that she wouldn't be able to get through the barrier they had made, he grabbed onto the energy to let her through. She was already in motion though, transferring what she was seeing to Chainy, and because he had grabbed on, Haji too.

There were explosions, somewhat like the ones created by the rock tomb. The room was shaking, and the dust that was kicked up prevented hardly anything to be seen. It was like a fog that wove around the room. He could see the Froslass, and she was fighting something unseen, using her powerful ice gusts and ghastly energies. Memories came in flashes and sounds in clipped chords. There was confusion and a fear that could only be the ghost's.

Another tremble rocked the place, and then the Froslass cried out and called for something behind her. There was a flash of pale skin and red before the vision cut off with a snap, like a lid being slammed shut. A haunting wail followed, and then the rocks trapping the ghost burst open with a surge of power.

They came back to the present as Froslass's energy shot toward Medicham. She made dark faces and motions as the mental energy surrounded the fighter. Chilling screams and nasty laughter pierced the air, and Sasha looked a bit unfocused, like she wasn't sure what she had been doing. Haji recognized the technique as a Torment. With each move she used, the Froslass's power would trick her mind with those sights and sounds, and it would shake her enough where she wouldn't use that move again for fear of the consequences.

Then the Froslass began to gesture and call out to Sasha, trying to appear confident and in control. She was trying to bait the fighter into attacking her. Haji wasn't sure what Chainy had planned next, but hopefully he was done increasing Sasha's defenses. It was extremely difficult to break out of a Taunt.

Ivy let go of the other Ranger's arm as she rolled onto her back. She closed her eyes and just breathed, but Haji wasn't sure if she was back to them or not. The snow kept falling on the field, and if they weren't in an intense battle, it would almost be pleasant.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Hasty F Froslass: 74% [Spe-1][Used Thunderbolt, Torment, and Taunt]
Hardy F Medicham: 40% LS-2 Taunt-0 Torment-0 [SpAtk/SpDef/Spe+1][Def+2][Atk+3][Used Bulk Up, Psycho Cut, and Rock Tomb]

Area Effects: It's snowing.

---

Trainer Stats

2 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 22,877/45,000 [Special Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Medicham @ 40%

Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Thankfully, the Psycho Cut did as I was hoping. Sasha finished flexing her muscles, and immediately fired off the attack. She swung her fist around and down, smashing it into the ground. A small flurry of pink crescents swirled up around the Medicham, slicing through the ice cage with ease before shattering into tiny petal-like pieces. These pieces further shredded the cage until there was almost nothing left of it.

Immediately afterwards, I heard a thunderous boom, and the Thunderbolt streaked out from the Froslass towards Sasha. The electricity crashed into her Light Screen, forcing it backwards. She held up her hands to brace the defensive shield, but parts of the electrical stream bent around the shield or phased through it. Sparks crawled over Sasha's body, and I could almost see her gritting her teeth as the short sharp shocks zapped her all over her body. Thankfully, the attack didn't last too long, and at least there were no dangerous objects nearby for her to be thrown into.

I saw Sasha begin to concentrate really hard, and I heard cracking sounds. I began to subconsciously rub Haji's fur, without realising what I was doing. The cracking sounds increased in quantity and volume until finally a cluster of rocks shot towards the Froslass from both the floor and the ceiling. The Ghost-type screeched and backed away, but the rocks still smashed into it. It looked around and it seemed a little panicky. The Rock Tomb must have bruised it or been impeding its movement or something. The rocks continued to smash into the Wild Pokemon, hiding it from sight.

Suddenly, I felt a vision rise unbided up into my thoughts. I couldn't see it clearly and I didn't understand what was going on, but I felt colors, and was pretty sure the Froslass was the cause of them. Some of the colors were light and felt cold. Most of the others were dark and cold, but in a different way. Soul-chilling as opposed to low-temperature. I also began to hear some noises, but I couldn't distinguish them from the crackling static overlaying my vision that I was only just now realising had been there the whole time.

The mental pictured ended as soon as they started, and I saw and heard the Froslass break free of the rocks. It immediately gave Sasha some dirty looks, dark energy staining the air behind it as it did so. I wasn't sure of the point of this, but I knew what the next move was. The Ghost-type gestured to herself confidently, and used obvious pseudo-sign-language to insult and dismiss Sasha. I swore - my original plan had been for Sasha to use Recover to regain some of her lost health. That wasn't going to be an option now, not with Taunt in effect.

"Sasha, you need to try and calm down," I called out, knowing it was essentially futile. Sasha's teeth were clenched and her hands were balled into fists. "Please try to break out as soon as possible. Don't let the Froslass control you."

Despite my pleading, I knew Sasha wouldn't be able to break out, at least not straight away. I'd have to order some attacking moves to give her time to get past the Froslass' deadly insults.

"Okay Sasha, I want you to launch lots of little Energy Balls towards the Froslass, but these are just distractions. While it's worried about those, get close and ram it hard with a Fire Punch. You shouldn't have much trouble considering your increased speed."

Sasha began to run towards her opponent, and for a second I was afraid that I was being ignored. However, after a couple of seconds, the Light Screen parted into two separate sections and a multitude of little green spheres the size of marbles sprayed towards the Froslass. Energy Balls burst on contact, so even though the attack would do next to no damage, hopefully it would keep the Froslass occupied long enough for Sasha to charge a nicely-sized Fire Punch and then ram the fireball down the Froslass' throat.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-16-2011, 12:25 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

BP#12

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Haji sat next to Ivy as the next events played out. Chainy was rubbing his fur without really thinking about it, and despite the circumstances, the purple cat rumbled slightly with a purr against Ivy's side. She was still staring up at the ceiling, but he wasn't sure what she was doing. Her mind was active, like she was searching for something.

“What are you doing?” he calmly asked her, trying not to upset her mind with any other emotions.

“Seeing,” she murmured in reply, out loud. She was probably concentrating too hard to communicate in the mind. “I'm seeing.” Her eyes were wide as she looked upward.

Chainy's voice drew Haji's attention back to the field as he said, “Sasha, you need to try and calm down. Please try to break out as soon as possible. Don't let the Froslass control you.” He tried to plead with her, but the Espeon didn't think she was going to be able to break out of it just yet. In response, the Froslass's eerie laughter rang out through the room. Chainy had a hard look on his face, but he wasn't giving up. “Okay, Sasha, I want you to launch lots of little Energy Balls towards the Froslass, but these are just distractions. While it's worried about those, get close and ram it hard with a Fire Punch. You shouldn't have much trouble considering your increased speed.”

The Medicham immediately took off, splitting her screen apart to shoot dozens of small green orbs of energy. They shot like a Bullet Seed, but they were clearly Energy Balls. They struck the ghost in a rapid fashion, creating mini explosions of smoke as they pelted her. Sasha ducked in then, hitting her hard in the center with a Fire Punch.

Froslass was blown back in a burst of flame, staggering as she tried to stay standing. She ended up on her knees, on that strange kimono that made up her legs. Her body was turned slightly away, and she appeared to be rubbing at her face. Then, a mournful sniffling could be heard, and Froslass appeared to burst into tears. Haji's head cocked to the side as he observed. Certainly just one hit like that hadn't broken the vengeful ghost?

Sasha was curious too, and the fighter stepped forward carefully to investigate. Froslass let her get several feet closer, and then she revealed that that was exactly what she wanted. The ghost suddenly sprung from her seated position, streaking out with an icy fist, much like how Sasha had done with fire. The Medicham was thrown backward a bit from the punch. It hadn't hurt her too much, but the ice was causing her to slide, and the momentum she gained pushed her far back.

Then, the Froslass began wailing for real. It was eerie, like her laughter, and Haji could almost hear the sweet notes in it. Then he realized what she was doing. She was trying to sing.

The act seemed to evoke a response out of Ivy. The Espeon turned back to see her eyes widen even further if that was possible. Then the girl turned herself, trying to grab onto Chainy's arm. “Stop her!” she yelled. The man turned to her, and she immediately touched the side of his head, the easiest part of the body to communicate mentally with.

Haji connected to her mind to go along for the ride, and they were all whisked away to that dark, foggy room again. There was shrieking that echoed in his ears, and the room was still shaking, although it seemed to be the person they were seeing from that was the one trembling. Two pale, sashed arms were digging through the rocks, pulling loose ones down rapidly. Growls sounded from behind, and Haji could tell something was moving on the side. He heard the faint sound of voices before who he thought was Froslass found what she was looking for.

A slightly tanned arm fell out of the pile, with a red and white Pokéball loosely hanging from lifeless fingers. A red shirt sleeve was barely visible among the rocks, but that wasn't the only red in sight. A trail ran down the arm and dripped onto the ground, and when Froslass looked down, Haji caught sight of a growing pool of red leaking out by her feet.

An inhuman rage fell from the Froslass as she shrieked, making Haji flinch even though he was just seeing a memory. The noise got louder until it was a screaming song. The ghost whirled, and he saw humans with gold-colored sashes covering their ears in agony. Their Pokémon tried to do the same, but eventually they couldn't fight the tune, and they dropped to the ground, put to sleep by the sound.

Their breath became more visible, staining the air in clouds of white as the temperature plummeted. The Froslass quieted, and after a few moments of silence, she looked back at the spreading blood. Then, the ghost began a blood bath of her own, and Haji could do nothing but watch as she began to slay those that had attacked her.

The group ejected from the memory in a rush, but the Espeon didn't know if it was Froslass expelling them or Ivy taking them out. She was breathing hard, bracing both of her hands against the ground as she sort of sat up. Haji was breathing harder too, trying to make sense of what he had seen.

There had been reports of a 'Gold League' that had been terrorizing the mainland. Had the Froslass been in conflict with them? Either way, if Chainy didn't stop the ghost, she could put them all to sleep and do the same as she did in the fog.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Hasty F Froslass: 48% [Spe-1][Used Fake Tears, Ice Punch, and is starting to Sing]
Hardy F Medicham: 28% LS-3 Taunt-1 Torment-1 [SpAtk/Spe+1][Def+2][Atk+3][SpDef-1][Used Energy Ball and Fire Punch]

Area Effects: It's snowing.

---

Trainer Stats

2 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 26,745/45,000 [Special Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Medicham @ 28%

Last edited by WinterVines; 09-16-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Sasha sprinted towards the Froslass, her hands up, little green marbles spraying in front of her. The screens stayed split apart as the Energy Balls flew across the ice plains and collided into the Ghost-type like bullets out of a rapid fire machine gun. The Energy Balls cracked open and released green puffs of dust that obscured the Froslass' sight. It was knocked back repeatedly, and it was only when the Froslass was completely hidden in that green mist that the Light Screen reformed, except it did so over her back, like how a warrior slung their shield over their shoulder when they weren't in combat. Sasha dropped her arms, and a ring of fire ignited around her right wrist. She dashed into the cloud, igniting it and burning it away as she did so. The Froslass was hovering still, somewhat shocked and/or bemused by the attack. The Medicham brought her fist up in a traditional uppercut, and the wrist-fire flared up into a full-sized fireball before catching the Ice-type cleanly in the middle of the chest. It was knocked backwards, and it stumbled on the ice somehow, ending up hunched over. If it had legs I would say that it had been knocked to its knees, but instead it just looked like the Ghost-type was hunching over the ground. It rubbed its face with its white sleeves and I thought I could hear some snuffling.

Suddenly, a racking sob echoed throughout the cave. The Froslass' thin shoulders shook as it began to cry. I was caught unaware by the sudden outburst, and I could tell that Sasha was too. Despite being stoic and hard-as-nails, Sasha was not a cruel or mean person, so she unthinkingly stepped forward to see what the problem was. I realised the trick too late - it was crying crocodile tears, to lure the Medicham close! Before I could warn the Medicham, the Froslass lunged forwards, the tip of its right sleeve inside a blocky icicle. It rammed the Ice Punch into Sasha's gut, similar to the way Sasha had sucker-punched the Froslass not ten seconds ago. The strike wasn't that powerful, but it was strong enough to cause Sasha to slide backwards on the ice, and since it was a physical attack the Medicham's Light Screen didn't take any of the edge off.

It was at this second that I realised Ivy had actually been muttering for quite some time. I turned down and saw that she was rigid, and her eyes were wide and staring straight up. Haji didn't look too happy about this, but there wasn't really anything he could do. He curled around the Ranger, brushing repeatedly against her. She stopped speaking, but her mouth continued to move, and she hadn't yet blinked. There were very few things that could have made me look away. Unluckily, one of them happened - the Froslass began to screech, and loudly. Small chunks of ice shattered into tiny pieces, and I threw my hands over my ears to try and block out the horrific sound. It was a failure, though. After a couple of seconds I realised that the pitch varied, and the volume was too, although nowhere near as much. It was actually a strange kind of singing!

Suddenly, Ivy reared up and grabbed onto my arm. I turned to look at her, and there was a sense of desperation in her eyes that I'd never seen there before. They went even wider as she grabbed onto my arm, clutching at it with surprising strength.

"Stop her!" she yelled, the sudden shout echoing throughout the room. Before I could command anything though, Ivy reached out and touched the side of my face. I could continue to hear the Froslass' shrieks as my vision faded, although they gradually changed from the incensed singing to sounds of pure unadulterated rage.

When my vision returned, I was looking at a rock slide, which was bobbing and swaying uncontrollably. I'd played enough video games and spent enough time drunk to realise that I was watching from someone's point of view, and that person wasn't in complete control of themselves. The field of vision dipped and I saw two very familiar white sleeves frantically digging through the rock slide. They were damaged and seemed unresponsive as the Ghost-type tried to reach under the rock pile. It was crying and shrieking as small stones fell down onto the ground. After moving a particularly big rock, an arm flopped down. It was lightly clasping a PokeBall which had been damaged and was dulled. Blood dripped down the arm and across the wrist, eventually falling off of the fingers. The red pool grew in size, and I realised the Froslass had gone silent. It didn't say that way for long, though. An unbelievable rage erupted from the Ice-type, bouncing off the walls, testament to the infinite pain the Froslass felt.

It opened my eyes a little bit, figuratively speaking. The Froslass had been twisted by the death of its trainer. I couldn't refer to the Pokemon as genderless anymore - the Froslass was definitely female, and I could kind of understand the sadness she had gone through. But that wasn't the point, and this wasn't excusable. I was going to teach that Froslass a lesson.

I thought the vision would end, but I realised it hadn't. The Froslass turned around and saw a collection of people and Pokemon. I couldn't see them clearly - the Froslass' tears and incessant shaking blurred the vision - but one of the Pokemon was small and doglike and another was humanshaped. One thing I could make out was a golden sash present on all the people. It kind of rung a bell, but I was too busy concentrating on any number of other things to run through my memory looking for some random item of clothing.

The Froslass didn't waste any time. It began to shriek in the modulated tones that the Froslass was using on Sasha at this very moment. The humans yelled and tried to cover their ears, as did all the Pokemon, but it didn't work. When they had all fallen asleep, I saw the Froslass' right sleeve enter my field of vision, shaking uncontrollably. Slowly a blade of ice emerged from her sleeve, and she drifted close to one of the humans. Shaking even harder, she brought the dagger slashing down across his throat. Bright red blood, just like that of the Froslass' Trainer, sprayed across the ground. She moved slowly from Trainer to Trainer and Pokemon to Pokemon, killing them all systematically with the stained blade, never stopping the shaking. I couldn't tell whether it was because she was scared, raging, or what, but the jerking around of the vision lent an extra feeling of horror to it.

Thankfully, my vision dimmed again, and I realised I was leaving the vision. The screaming gently raised itself back up, and I knew I didn't have long. My priority was to shut that noise up before we got slaughtered like that group. At least Ivy was propping herself up on her hands - maybe she was getting a bit better. I doubted that the Froslass would be able to keep her mind control up when she was fatigued from battle.

"Alright Sasha, get over there and shoot it in the throat with a Bullet Punch, that should shut it up," I yelled, my teeth on edge from the sound. Or so I told myself. "Then, back up away from it - let's use that Light Screen as much as possible before it fades."

As Sasha kicked off against one of the few remaining Spikes, the world slowed down. I could feel Dual contacting me - no doubt he'd already reviewed the vision Ivy had passed onto me.

<Are you okay?> he asked me.

I'm perfectly fine, I replied strongly. I'm just committed to bringing this ghost down.

<Even after what she went through?>

Just because she's had some bad stuff happen doesn't give her the right to screw with people for funsies. I'm gunna capture her, even if its for no other reason than to bury her so deep in the storage system that she becomes mentally incapable of even imagining hurting another person ever again.

<Just be careful not to let your rage control you,> the Gallade advised.

I cut the connection and the world sped back up. Sasha held her fist out in front of her and silver streaks were left floating behind in the air as she sped towards her opponent. As she did so, I realised something. Something important. The main reason that Dual had taken such an interest in training her. I needed her out of that Taunt as soon as possible. Hopefully she'd snap out of it soon. I asked Dual to contact her through their mind link - maybe he could calm her down a bit.

SCROLL OF CHAINS