Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 08-27-2011, 04:28 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Individual RP: ChainReaction01

BP#7

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

It was probably a good thing for the Riolu that Sasha didn't know how to make earthquakes. He'd be in for a world of hurt them. Now at least, diving underground was a good move for him if the Medicham hadn't extended her energy into the hard soil. Considering that would waste unnecessary energy, she probably wasn't. That at least gave the little fighter some reprieve from the damage he was taking. He even had the surprise aspect going on for him if Sasha wasn't able to sense him.

“Sasha, see if you can Detect when it's coming back up,” Chainy called. “I know you're tired, and I certainly don't expect you to dodge, but try to jump away from that blow so the damage is minimized. Also, you can cut the Gravity if it gets too tiring.” The Medicham nodded and placed a palm to the ground, sensing the movement in the earth. “When the Riolu emerges, strike it with a Psycho Cut,” he added, and then reminded her not to hit too hard. Any wrong move and they could knock the little blue Pokémon out by accident.

A purple haze began to envelop Sasha's other hand, fitting around it like a gauntlet would. It didn't flare yet, instead pulsing and flickering like fire. The Medicham kept the gravitational energy going strong though, finding a good balance between her strengths. She followed Chainy's commands easily, like they had been operating like that for a while.

Ivy's head wasn't too fond of the Gravity though. Her head pulsed like some mutated headache, throbbing like it was its down life form. She was still slouching a bit, trying very hard not to throw up. She remembered that her brother sometimes got sick at those spinning gravity rides at the fair. Then, suddenly the pressure around her ceased. Her head instantly felt clearer. She snapped her attention to Dual and Chainy, offering them a small smile. She felt the energy coming from the Gallade; he was changing the air pressure using his mental powers.

Mienfoo gave a soft coo in relaxation, wiggling more comfortably into her arms. Then, his ears twitched and his head poked up. He was watching the earth intently, and Ivy only had seconds to sense before Riolu burst out of the ground. Sasha did as Chainy asked, trying to jump to the side to lesson the blow. She did, sort of, but Riolu managed to clip her leg.

Riolu went sprawling in a rolling heap. Ivy could see his chest moving up and down with his heavy breathing as he tried to combat the harsh pressure due to the gravity. He seemed to be learning though, so instead of a physical move that used his body, he opted for a long-ranged attack. A wobbly orb of of reddish brown energy formed in front of him, spinning with strings of the attack. He fired the shot off with a slower flick of his wrist, and it took off in a drunken arc.

Sasha was busy making her own attack. The gauntlet of energy waved around her hand, forming to it as she stuck her fingers out. Then, a blade of sorts came out from the center, extending about half a foot. Ivy had a feeling that in a stronger version, that blade would be much longer. She focused, and then with a powerful swing of her arm, a sliver of pinkish energy peeled off her fist. It twirled and arced through the air, clipping part of the Focus Blast and knocking it slightly off course.

The Blast hit Sasha in the shoulder, but she didn't go down, instead stumbling slightly backward as she caught her balance. The Psycho Cut whipped toward the little fighter, slicing down at the last second and crashing into him. Dust billowed up at the impact from bits of the energy blade striking the ground. They all waited for the smoke to clear, and when it did, the Riolu was still conscious.

He was struggling to get up, but his thin arms were shaking as he tried to brace himself. He was severely weakened, and Chainy would probably be able to capture him soon. Ivy watched as the Riolu's eyes flickered from their natural and inherited colors and wondered if the hold Froslass had on him would end if he was too exhausted to fight.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Mild M Riolu: 8% [SpAtk+2][Used Dig and Focus Blast]
Hardy F Medicham: 60% Grav-2 Ref4 [SpAtk/SpDef+1][Spe-2][Used Detect and Psycho Cut]

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
9 Encounters Remaining
Timburr Disk: 5/5
Area Effects: It's dark in the caves.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover, Brave M Vanillite
MCR: 22,474/24,900 [Intermediate Rank, Fragrance used]

Picture Value: 1,500

Items: 3x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 87%
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Justified
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

Pokemon: Medicham @ 60%
Nickname: Sasha
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

Pokemon: Metagross @ 81%
Nickname: Meta
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Brave
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

I watched carefully, waiting for the Riolu to burst up out of the ground. I could feel that Dual had lessened the Gravity modifiers around us, which was awesome. I didn't look back to see if Ivy was better - I refused to take my eyes off this battle for more than one second - but I heard the Mienfoo sigh happily, so I figured it was working for them too.

Suddenly, the Riolu burst out of the ground. Instead of the dirt spraying up like it normally would have, it just kind of fell around in large clumps. Sasha pushed off the ground with her legs and hand, avoiding most of the blow, but part of the Riolu's attack just managed to make contact. Still, it didn't look like she'd been hurt too badly. She managed to retain her balance, and she brought her glowing purple fist in front of her chest. Sasha then swung her arm back outwards, and a short plasma blade (about a quarter of a metre long) ejected out of her wrists. It reminded me a bit of the way cats stored their claws, except this claw was made of pure energy.

The Emanation Pokemon wasn't just standing around. It was having a hard time under the Medicham's Gravity, but nonetheless it had managed to create an ruddy brown energy ball that slowly grew in between his hands. It looked sloppy and unformed, like if chunky soup could be made spherical. He launched it towards Sasha with a weak toss of his hand, and the attack went on its way, comparatively slowly and its course veering sharply all over the place.

Sasha's own attack was ready. She slashed the blade down and a bit of it detached, spinning towards the Riolu. I'd seen Gallade fire long-range Psycho Cuts many times, and it appeared that Sasha could do the same. The spinning purple crescent collided with the strange gloppy Riolu attack, slicing a small piece of it off. This caused the attack to lose what little stability it had. The sloppy orb curved upwards and struck Sasha in her shoulder, pushing her backwards but not over.

Sasha's attack, on the other hand, was much more effective. After passing through the Riolu's energy orb, it whipped around and crashed into its target almost from behind. Dust and small fragments of stone were knocked up into the air, only staying up for seconds before the Gravity knocked them back down. Thankfully, the Riolu was still conscious, and it was also incredibly weak. I could see its thin little arms shaking violently as it tried to get to its feet. Well, that wasn't going to happen. The time to attempt my capture was now.

I dropped my pack onto the ground and zipped it open, pulling out an ordinary Park Ball. I didn't have many of them left - I'd have to purchase some when we got back to Headquarters.

"Alright Sasha, drop the Gravity!" I called out. Throwing a PokeBall with it up would be next to impossible.

The Medicham raised her arms again, and began emitting blue pulses, like she had before, except now the Gravity was being weakened as opposed to strengthened. I held the ParkBall in my hand nervously, swinging my arm in a constant back-and-forth arc, testing the gravitational field as it fell. As soon as it was lowered enough, I'd ditch the capture device as hard as possible towards the Riolu. Hopefully Sasha could remove the Gravity before the Riolu could get another attack in.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 08-27-2011, 02:03 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#10

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

The Riolu was still struggling, looking super close to passing out. The pull from the Gravity was just getting to be too much for him along with his battle injuries. Thankfully, Chainy was on top of that.

“Alright, Sasha, drop the Gravity!” he called.

He dropped to his knee to pull his pack to the ground, rummaging through it until he found a Park Ball. It was good that he called off the room effects; that ball would sink like a rock under the pressure, even though it was light.

Sasha put her hands up again, and they pulsed a cool blue, like when she had put the field up. Since Dual was lessening the effect for them, Ivy couldn't tell if it was working on the outside or not. The Riolu was still trying and failing to get up, but that could've been due to his tiredness instead of the Gravity.

Then, Chainy chose a moment to throw the ball, so Sasha must've removed the effect. Her arms stopped pulsing and she rested them at her sides instead, still watching the Riolu for any more attacks. She looked a little tired but mostly okay. In Ivy's opinion, she had done very well. Chainy and her didn't have any qualms about trusting each other at all, it seemed. Though she did think Dual may have had something to do with that.

The device bounced off the Riolu and engulfed the Pokémon in a wave of red, sucking it up into the ball. It dropped solidly to the floor with a heavy thunk against the cold ground, shaking very weakly. Then the center lit up in red and the device pinged, signaling a successful capture.

The buzzing in Ivy's head dimmed down to a dull roar. She wondered if Froslass's hold on her got lessened with every warrior Chainy defeated. “One warrior down,” she said to him. “That one put up a good fight. You were pretty pro out there, Sasha,” she praised, impressed with how well the two worked together after little time of knowing each other. Ivy hoped she'd stay around. Then she turned to Chainy. “Do you want to rest at all? It might be battle after battle after this, unless we find some other way to break the hold the ghost has over these Pokémon.”

---

Current Battle Stats: N/A

---

Trainer Stats

9 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover, Brave M Vanillite, Mild M Riolu
MCR: 0

Items: 3x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Last edited by WinterVines; 08-28-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:20 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

When my arm felt less burdened, I knew it was time to throw the ball. I whipped my arm back and threw the sphere towards the tired-out Riolu. The ParkBall struck the Pokemon's shoulder and absorbed it in a flash of red light. The ball rocked from side to side a couple times before flashing red. Sasha picked up the ball and brought it over to Ivy - apparently battling wasn't the only thing Dual had taught her.

“One warrior down,” Ivy said. She then turned to Sasha. “That one put up a good fight. You were pretty pro out there, Sasha."

Sasha smiled and avoided eye contact, apparently embarassed. She skipped over to behind Dual and rocked back and forth on her feet. Dual told me that he was very impressed with her, and I told him to tell her that I thought the same.

“Do you want to rest at all? It might be battle after battle after this, unless we find some other way to break the hold the ghost has over these Pokémon.”

"No," I said firmly. "If something is knocking around in your head, I want it out as soon as possible. Let's move on."

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-28-2011, 03:24 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#11

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy didn't even think about her question, instead shaking his head firmly. “No. If something is knocking around in your head, I want it out as soon as possible. Let's move on.”

She nodded, leading them on through the tunnels. Her mind was buzzing the entire time though, and not all of it was from where the Froslass had left her mark. If the Pokémon was this dangerous, they were probably going to have to either capture her or imprison her again. Ivy hated the thought of doing that to something, but if she was terrorizing the other creatures on the mountain, they didn't have a lot of choice. In that case it was saving one versus saving possibly hundreds or more.

They continued on, and Ivy wondered when the caves were going to lead back to the outside. She didn't know exactly how far they had traveled, and it was easy to get turned around through the curves and bends in the path. It stayed only a semi-bright though. Ivy didn't take her flashlight back out. She was adjusting pretty well, and she hadn't heard any complaints yet.

Soon they came to a stone staircase, the top layered with thin sheets of ice and small piles of snow. “Watch your step,” she called, going up them carefully herself. They were wider at least, and they seemed to go pretty high up.

Suddenly, she had to stop when another form was coming toward them on the steps. A small, gray Pokémon was going down and climbing back up, probably some sort of training. It looked similar to the Machamp, with three reddish fins on top of a muscled body. It paused mid-step to look at them, and it didn't move. Maybe it was waiting for them to join it or leave.

Ivy looked carefully, but there were no glowing eyes. She heaved a sigh of relief. “This one looks unaffected,” she said, turning to Chainy. “Do you want to do a normal battle?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Machop: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

8 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop
MCR: 1,043/4,000 [Common Rank]

Items: 2x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Ivy nodded and led me onwards. There were plenty of rooms and passages that we passed through, and along the way Ivy captured a Meditite that was under the Froslass' control. We kept on moving though, and after fording a small stream we arrived at a staircase.

“Watch your step,” Ivy advised me. I could see why - the stone steps were slippery and covered in snow and ice. Nevertheless, we proceeded up them. We passed a Smoochum along the way, but that wasn't the only Pokemon we saw. A Machop was striding up and down the staircase, probably some form of cardio training. When it drew level with us, it stopped suddenly and turned its head to stare at us. It was incredibly intimidating.

“This one looks unaffected. Do you want to do a normal battle?” Ivy asked me.

"No, I'm right thanks," I said nervously. The Machop was really creeping me out. "Let's just keep going - we've got to get out of these caves as soon as possible."

I moved in front of Ivy to take the lead, and as I did so my hand drifted backwards to my pack. My fingers grasped ahold of a PokeDoll, preparing to give it to the Machop if the Fighting-type took offense at us leaving.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-29-2011, 04:26 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Doll used ;-;)

NBP#12

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

“No, I'm right thanks,” he said, stepping around her carefully on the icy steps. “Let's just keep going – we've got to get out of these caves as soon as possible.”

She agreed, letting him take the lead as they tried to continue up. The Machop wasn't going to have any of that though. It huffed and put its arms akimbo, giving them all a pointed look. Mienfoo gave a surprised chirp at the sound. The Machop was either put out that they didn't want to train with it or maybe that they didn't want to watch. Some Pokémon loved having an audience.

Chainy was prepared for this though, swiftly pulling out a Pokédoll and offering it. The fighter accepted, nodding at them as it deliberated for a moment on where to put the doll. It decided on one of the top steps, and then continued going up and down the icy slopes. Satisfied, they moved on.

The top of the stairs led into an open room that only had a few larger rocks here and there. She wondered if they were getting closer to the exit at all. A rapid crunching sound drew her attention away though, sending her guard up. If it was the ghost, they were going to be prepared.

A small form zipped around the boulder furthest from them, zooming back to loop around another one and then making a jag across the room to circle one more. It kept speeding around, the thing rolling in between the rocks like it was a racer. Finally, it stopped, revealing another round-bodied Spheal.

“Spheal!” it cried happily, rocking from side to side. It's eyes were the normal shade.

“Changed your mind at all?” she asked.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Spheal: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

7 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal
MCR: 0/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Items: 2x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 20x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-29-2011, 01:18 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

The Machop didn't seem too happy about us leaving. I acted quickly though, passing it a doll. The Fighting-type looked quite pleased at the present and looked around for a place to put the toy. It eventually settled on one of the higher-up steps. It huffed happily and returned to its exercise, jogging down the stairs and out of sight. I shrugged and continued upwards, leading our little crew towards the outside (hopefully).

We emerged in a fair-sized room that was mostly empty, barring a few large boulders. I was about to ask Ivy what we should do now when a small sphere whipped around from behind one of the boulders. It did figure eights and loops around the randomly scattered rocks until it finally came to rest in front of me. It was a Spheal, physically identical to the one from before.

“Changed your mind at all?” Ivy asked me.

"Nah," I replied, shaking my head. I pulled out a doll and prepared to throw it. Then a thought struck me.

"Smoochum and Machop and Meditite and stuff being in underground caves is perfectly natural, but I'm not so sure a Spheal is, especially when so far away from water," I mused. "Maybe we're getting close to the exit!"

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Another doll used.)

NBP#13

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy shook his head, saying no to her question. He pulled out a doll just in case. Then he commented on the Spheal's presence in the cave, finding it odd that it would be here. They were probably close to the exit then, since it probably did frequent some of the ground-level caves sometimes. They had gone up stairs, so maybe that had brought them up to the right level. Then again, they could just be heading to one of those drop-offs. She could feel a slight draft though, so they followed it.

The Spheal wasn't just going to let them leave though. As soon as they took a few steps, the Ice-type wheeled its tiny body around the room and landed in front of them, doing small circles and making a whining-like noise. Maybe it was lonely. She nodded to Chainy and he thew his Pokédoll somewhere to the side. The Spheal immediately chased after it and kept itself busy by ringing loops around it.

With that done, they continued on around some of the larger rocks. The room turned sharply to the right, and when they were around the corner, Ivy saw the cave opening, leading to the outside. It was a glowing white, with streaks of snow falling down rapidly in a diagonal angle. It looked like the good weather they had previously didn't last.

Ivy peeked out of the opening carefully, making sure they had 't landed at one of the steep roads to nowhere off the side of the mountain. There was a snowy bank though, sloping down into another set of caves. They had managed to get to the other side of the mountain without too much of a hassle. A challenge waited for them ahead though.

They started making their way down the hill, their feet dragging in the snow that piled up. Mienfoo huddled close to her chest as she pulled her hood up to block the blowing ice chunks. She turned back to check behind them, and then she stopped, calling to Chainy and pointing.

There was a Pokémon standing next to the exit they had just came out of, sitting to the side enough that they wouldn't have seen it even if they were looking. It was yellow, with a tied knot on top of its head. Small blue boxing gloves ended its arms and two red circles painted its cheeks. Its eyes were shut in two tight lines, but Ivy could see a light blue glow coming from the crevices, even through the snow.

“Another warrior,” she said, letting Chainy make up his mind what they were going to do about the Makuhita.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Makuhita: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

6 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita
MCR: 0/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Items: 2x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

We tried to leave the Spheal behind but it skid around in front of us, doing swirls and spins. Ivy nodded at me and I tossed the doll in my hand over to the side away from us. The Spheal tore after it and began spinning around it instead. I nodded back to Ivy and we continued onwards. There was a sharp right turn, but after it we were finally greeted by the sight of falling snow.

"Finally!" I exclaimed, rushing outside. Maybe the Froslass' hold on Ivy would be less pronounced out here. There was a set of caves lower down on the mountain, and somehow I knew that the Froslass was waiting in there for us. I pulled the hood on my cloak down and we began to walk down the slope. However, Ivy shouted, and I turned around to see another Fighting-type Pokemon looking menacingly at us. There was no doubt in my mind that it was another of the Froslass' warriors. However, I had no wish to battle the Makuhita - all I wanted was to capture the Froslass and get it out of Ivy's mind.

"Let's just move on, we're already past it," I called to Ivy over the wind. "If it chases after us Dual will send it packing."

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: lol shooooort. Then again, that's why its NBP.)

NBP#14

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

“Let's just move on. We're already past it,” he said, and Ivy nodded.

They tried to just keep going, but that spurred the Makuhita into action. It seemed this warrior wasn't going to let them go so easy. That would make sense if warriors closer to the Froslass were more adamant about their guard posts, unlike the poor Hitmonlee they saw earlier. Chainy would have to fight to break this one's connection to the ghost.

The wind and snow howled, but the Makuhita didn't seem to mind. It shifted its position in the snow, squaring its shoulders and bracing its fists close to its body. It was setting up something big. “He's charging,” she called through the wind, trying to turn her body so she could shield Mienfoo from most of the blast.

Dual's energy flared, so he was probably the one Chainy was going to fend off this fighter with. She didn't think the battle would last too long if he was just going to try and scare it off or knock some sense into it. Unfortunately, since the ghost had a hold on it, they couldn't be too gentle.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Makuhita: 100% [Charging]

---

Trainer Stats

6 Encounters Remaining
Area Effects: It's snowing.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita
MCR: 1,107/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Items: 2x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 19x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-31-2011, 02:05 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

I turned around to walk away from the Makuhita, but it had other ideas. I heard some heavy padding and suddenly it jumped straight over us, blocking our path. It put its fist outwards and then pulled them in slowly. I didn't understand what it was doing, until Ivy called out that it was charging something. That could be bad - charged attacks were usually incredibly powerful. I was about to call out for Dual when I felt his aura explode. I turned to see his helmet and blades glowing bright green, cutting through the muted tones of the snow. It looked like he was preparing a physical attack, but I knew better. This was his Calm Mind preparation. His blades were linked psychically so occasionally when he was really upset they glowed too. My guess was Dual was just as unhappy as me about being delayed.

It was interesting that Dual had chosen to power up his long-range attack power as opposed to his physical abilities. It made sense, though - the Makuhita's strength lay in close-combat attacks, so attacking from long range would give Dual the advantage. While it was true that Gallade weren't especially proficient with special attacks, with his Calm Mind technique he could become powerful enough to take the Makuhita with ease.

"Nice choice buddy," I called. "Now, let's keep this short and sweet. Stay away from him and fire off your strongest long-range attacks!"

Dual nodded - he knew exactly what I was commanding. I avoided commanding out loud just in case the Makuhita could use the information against us, much like Ivy had versus the Meditite. However, Dual and I had long trained on these two particular techniques, and I was sure he'd pull them off with flair.

Dual raised his fist and electrical sparks began to play around his fingers and run down his glowing green blades. He pointed his palm at the immobile Makuhita and the playing lines of electricity doubled in size. They wrapped around his fingers and a bright yellow energy ball began expanding. If one looked closely at the sphere they'd see a tornado's worth of energy crackling around inside. When the Thunderbolt attack was ready, the stream would fly towards the Makuhita and hopefully blast it off its feet and convince it to leave us alone. I found it hard to believe that the Froslass' hold on a Pokemon could override its basic instinct to survive. And the Thunderbolt wasn't all - it would be quickly followed up by a blindingly-fast Vacuum Wave, Dual's only long-range Fighting move. We had trained long and hard, and it was only after visiting a move tutor for tips that Dual had perfected the technique. It was one of his favourites, seeing as it could simulate the base-level power of the Gravity technique. He'd throw his other hand forward and the pure power of his attack would lance forward, striking Makuhita hard and fast, hopefully at the same time as the Thunderbolt.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

BP#8

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Dual started preparing his attack as soon as the Makuhita started focusing. His aura shifted, the energy swirling around him much like the blowing snow was doing. The Gallade was focusing himself, raising his senses and concentrating his energy using the Calm Mind technique, just like Sasha had done. It would help him direct his longer-range moves more effectively, since he wasn't so proficient with special attacks.

“Nice choice buddy,” Chainy called, recognizing what Dual was doing. “Now, let's keep this short and sweet. Stay away from him and fire off your strongest long-range attacks!”

The other Ranger was keeping his instructions discreet just in case the Froslass interfered, like she had done with Ivy's battle against the Meditite. They knew each other well enough that this type of veiled conversation shouldn't be an issue.

The first thing the Gallade did was summon sparks between his fingers. They danced along the edge of his blade, and when he rose his arm up, the played around his palm and grew in size. She recognized it as a Thunderbolt, one of the many moves Gallade was able to learn. Maybe that would be able to jolt some sense into the Makuhita.

The smaller fighter was still focusing when Dual unleashed the bolt, and it jolted it hard enough that it stumbled, losing the focus it had on its attack. It gave up on that one, instead streaking forward blindingly fast with its fist stretched out to hit the Gallade.

Dual wasn't done though, and he brought up his other hand. In a blur of energy, the air shifted and a pressurized blast was sent toward the coming Pokémon. It was a Vacuum Wave, something that they had seen the Riolu do. The air knocked him forward though, instead of back, so Makuhita came crashing into the Gallade, knocking them both into the snow.

Dual shifted so the other fighter rolled off of him, and then got up, mostly unhurt. The Makuhita took a little longer, and it paused to shake the show off its body. When it was done, it looked back at them with a somewhat confused expression. Ivy saw the haze from his eyes was gone, and she sighed in relief. After a hesitant and puzzled wave, the fighter retreated back into the cave for shelter, leaving them.

“At least that didn't take too long,” Ivy said, resisting the urge to shiver. It was hard to see in the falling snow. She gazed down the hill toward the other set of caves at the bottom. “Think those are the ones we were told to check out? It could be where the Froslass is.”

---

Current Battle Stats: N/A

---

Trainer Stats

6 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 0

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 83%

Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: Yaaaaay for horrific posts

The Thunderbolt lanced towards the Makuhita, crashing into it and breaking the concentration that Makuhita had on its attack. It grunted angrily and launched itself towards my Gallade, its palm outstretched and covered in a shiny white aura. However, Dual was on top of that too - his other arm pushed forwards and an air pocket blasted into the Wild Pokemon's feet, knocking it over. It stumbled into Dual, and both Pokemon went down into a snowdrift.

The Makuhita was the first to get up, and when it did, I saw that it looked a bit confused, and much less angry. It gave us a timid wave before retreating inside the cave we had just exited. It seemed like Dual's attacks had knocked some sense into it, or at least fought the Froslass off. Unfortunately, as much as Dual wanted to, I couldn't let him fight the Froslass. At least not at full strength - his typing didn't bode well regarding Ghost attacks.

“At least that didn't take too long,” Ivy commented. “Think those are the ones we were told to check out? It could be where the Froslass is.”

"We don't have any other ideas, so we might as well," I replied. I waited for Ivy to lead us onwards, but I wasn't particularly looking forward to what we were going to find.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: I don't think it's that bad. Some of mine are lol)

NBP#15

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Ivy wasn't really looking forward to the cave ahead, but they didn't have anywhere else to go. Besides, it was their job to check it out. The Froslass could be inside too. There was no way they could leave her here on the mountain when other people were going to be around. She could get to all of them if she wanted, and they couldn't let anyone else be in danger like that. If the two of them failed somehow, they'd have to get a message to the Main Outpost to close Oktori until Froslass was dealt with.

Luckily, the entrance to the new set of caves was visible as they made their way down the snowy slope. The weather didn't let up, still blowing ice chunks across their vision in a torrent of chilly wind. Ivy wrapped her cloak tighter around the little shaking Mienfoo, trying to keep most of the cold off of him. They were able to make it inside the shelter, the winds howling behind them as they shook themselves from the snow that clung to their clothes. Haji snuck out from under her cloak, where he had made his own shelter as they traveled. He, at least, was pretty dry.

She looked around their setting, now that she could see more than a foot in front of her nose. A glance outside showed the snowbanks on the sides of the path coming up almost to the ceiling. She could believe this cave had just recently opened up. Inside too, there were piles of snow, like it had been shoveled away. It was beautiful though. The walls were almost completely covered in ice, and light from somewhere gleamed off of the smooth plates, casting the illusions of different chords of color all around the room. There were even patches of ice on the floor, perhaps where water had once dripped and then froze.

“Wow,” she said, appreciating the beauty even though this place was probably dangerous. It was probably fitting as a villain's lair.

A light scraping noise drew her attention up ahead, and after carefully checking where they walked, they went to check it out. Ivy abruptly stopped in the arch to another room, watching as a waist-high ice cube went sliding over the floor. It smacked into another one on the other side, and the girl watched it rise and stack itself on top of the first one. Another ice cube then slid by with a whoosh, the wind knocking her hair to the sides as it flew by.

Timing it right, she stepped across when she wasn't in danger of being run over and then found the source. A meditating Pokémon sat somewhere in front of the ice wall that was being constructed, holding its hands in a comfortable position on top of its knees. It's blue body and onion-shaped head gave it away as a Meditite, like the one they had seen earlier. It's eyes snapped open, and Ivy saw them glow that icy blue color, just like the rest of the mind-warped Pokémon. This one didn't stop its work though, still commanding blocks from the other side of the room to slide over and keep the building going.

“Well, it's another warrior,” she said to Chainy, eying the fighter warily. Mienfoo backed into her a little bit. “It looks kinda busy through, so we might be able to sneak past it without conflict if you don't want to fight.”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Meditite: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

5 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu, Machop, Spheal, Makuhita, Meditite
MCR: 1,222/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 83%