Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:44 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Re: Individual RP: ChainReaction01

OOC: Male, please. Also, sorry for bad post, late at night after a busy day.

The Hyper Beam blasted through the icicles, smashing into the Vanillite. Some of the fragments spun around and hit Meta, but he didn't take much damage. His hard steely exterior could ward off almost any kind of attack.

When the ice and haze cleared, I saw the Vanillite spinning around on its side, frantically trying to get up. Well, that wasn't going to happen. I took aim and threw the ParkBall at it. The machine easily absorbed the little Pokemon, sending red light playing all across the battlefield care of the dark night sky. The machine wobbled a couple times before laying still, having successfully captured the Pokemon.

Ivy weaved her way out to it as I knelt in front of Meta. "Good job," I said to him, thumping my arm against his left foreleg. He buzzed happily in reply and rolled all of his joints around as far as he could, cleaning out the snow and muck from the battle.

“Do you want to let Meta rest or should we keep going?” I heard Ivy call out. I stood up straight - my height was very handy sometimes. Other times, it was not.

"He's fine to go," I called back. Meta punctuated this with a roar. Instead of preparing to go back into his ball, though, he retracted his legs up against hit body and began to float in midair. Apparently he wanted to stay out with me. I shrugged and nodded to him - he didn't get much time out of his ball, and I couldn't see a reason why he should be returned, so I just met up with Ivy and we continued along the path, the hulking blue behemoth hovering along at my side.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 08-21-2011, 01:57 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#6

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy said that Meta was alright, and she watched as they weaved their way through the spikes. Instead of returning to its ball, the Metagross sucked its limbs in like a turtle and used its magnets to let it hover over the ground. Its motions were controlled, and it hardly bobbed, so the magnets must've been good ones.

Then they continued on the moon-illuminated path. The snow got deeper as they went up, and soon Ivy's boots were sinking several inches down before she could take another step. She kept her eye on Haji to see how he was faring since she knew he'd never say if he was having trouble. The cat was fairly light though, and his wider paws let him walk across the snow without having it cave in on him. He was up in front, guiding them around the twists and turns as his tail swished.

Soon the mountain drew near, and she could see several cave entrances on their level as well as higher up. A lot of those ones led to nowhere, and it would be very bad if someone fell from them. The chances you'd just fall straight down were slim though, as snow-capped rock protrusions made for a bumpy path.

She saw the road split around the mountain too, letting someone take either direction around if they didn't want to go through. She turned back to ask Chainy if he still wanted to go through the caves when a moving snowball caught her attention.

It was probably only a foot in diameter. None of them moved as the thing neared. The ball took a weaving path toward them, swerving back and froth like a drunk person would stumble. It made a beeline for Metagross, shooting into the space under his hovering body. It did several loops before shaking in place, and then the snow dropped off its body to reveal a small seel-like Pokémon.

It was shaped much like a basketball, with a cream-colored belly and a darker blue overcoat. Two nubs for tusks stuck out of its lip, and two tiny ears made small lumps on the top of its head. Its feet and stubby tail flapped up and down as it rocked back and forth. Its eyes were closed in happiness. At least someone was having a good time.

“Want to catch a Spheal?” she asked.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Spheal: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
12 Encounters Remaining
Timburr Disk: 3/5
Area Effects: It's calm and dark.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover, Brave M Vanillite
MCR: 1,524/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Items: 3x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 87%
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Justified
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

Pokemon: Medicham
Nickname: Sasha
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

Pokemon: Metagross @ 81%
Nickname: Meta
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Brave
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 08-21-2011, 10:37 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

Our little group forged onwards, drawing close to the mountain. Haji stayed out in front, scouting out the terrain. Ivy and I were next, with Meta hovering along at my side. Following up in the rear were Dual and Sasha. The Gallade was pointing out various features of the terrain and explaining to the Medicham how to best utilise them. I listened in on his lesson for a little while before tuning out - I knew it all already. I'd learned it so I could command Dual effectively in battle.

We got up onto the base of the mountain and I saw some of the caves. The one we were investigating was much higher up and around on the other side. We'd have to work our way there by either going around the mountain or through the caves. Personally, I didn't mind either way, but if I had a choice I'd choose the caves. I was about to bring this up with Ivy when a little round snowball suddenly rolled underneath Meta. It moved in a few circles before collapsing. However, a little blue Pokemon crawled out from underneath the pile of snow and began rocking from side to side. I wasn't even sure if it was aware that we were here.

“Want to catch a Spheal?” Ivy asked me.

"Nah, this guy looks pretty happy, I'd rather not disturb him," I replied.

Ivy knew how I operated, if the any Wild Pokemon ever took offense at my leaving I'd simply throw a PokeDoll. I had plenty of them, having won a crateful in a competition months ago. My hand inched behind to my pack, preparing to throw one if need be.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-22-2011, 03:55 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#7

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy wanted to just let the Spheal be, so they moved on. The little seel Pokémon didn't seem bothered by them at all, and it was happy to rock back and forth until it rolled forward and started traveling like a living snowball again. Ivy watched it roll back down the path and into a large snowbank on the side of the road before turning and continuing toward the mountain.

Rocks were scattered along the way, dotting the ground in all shapes and sizes as the path dissolved into a flatter snowy plain. She had decided they were going to the caves. Chainy probably still wanted to go there, and she hadn't been through them in a while. The last time had been one of her earlier runs when she took a Trainer named Neon through.

One of the cave entrances loomed behind the icy rocks and the piles of snow. A large gray Pokémon suddenly obscured her vision of the doorway as it went past. It was a muscular humanoid Pokémon, sporting four huge arms and what looked like a weightlifting belt. It was carrying two rocks, one high above its head and one in front of its middle. That it needed two hands on each rock showed how large they were.

The Machamp ignored them for a second as it brought its packages to a small clearing on the right. Curious, they went to check it out. Ivy watched as it placed the two rocks down very deliberately, having spots picked out in its mind. There were already several rocks there, in some sort of pattern. She had heard of people leaving messages on the beach when they were stranded, but somehow she doubted this was the same.

The fighter got back up after it was done and brushed its hands together, getting the small traces of snow off its hands. Then it turned to them and grunted, asking a question of its own.

“Well what do you say, Chainy? Want to test your strength against Machamp?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Machamp: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

11 Encounters Remaining
Timburr Disk: 4/5
Area Effects: It's calm and dark.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp
MCR: 0/45,000 [Special Rank]

Items: 3x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 08-22-2011, 06:16 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

The Spheal left, rolling away and becoming a snowball again. I always liked seeing Pokemon relaxed and having fun in their natural environments. We kept on moving and it seemed that Ivy had read my mind, because we began to draw close to the one of the cave system entrances. I realised with a start that Ivy might actually have some of those capabilities now because of her link with Haji - I needed to start guarding my mind. I certainly did not want her getting into my inner sanctums and stumbling across some particular information.

We arrived at the entrance to the caves, but there was a Pokemon blocking the way. It was a Machamp, and it was constructing something out of large rocks. It was carrying two of the huge stones at a time, requiring all four hands to be in use at once. Chances were it was building for the exercise as opposed to creative impulses, but that was fine too. The large gray-skinned Pokemon put down the stones and huffed, asking me if I wished to battle.

“Well what do you say, Chainy? Want to test your strength against Machamp?” Ivy asked.

I threw a look backwards at Dual. He shook his head slighty and held Sasha back by her shoulder. I didn't blame him for not wanting to fight the Machamp - they were tricky Pokemon to fight. Their Dynamicpunch could literally smack a Pokemon silly, and as Jakk often demonstrated they could rip huge Fissures in the ground, swallowing up any Pokemon that couldn't fly.

"No, I don't think so, thanks," I said to the Machamp. "I will grab a picture though, if that's okay."

I pulled out my camera and took a couple steps back, hoping the Machamp would be compliant. I was actually quite anxious to get into the caves - these white open plains were starting to get on my nerves.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#8

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy asked his partners for their opinion. The Medicham seemed to pale a bit at her question, and even Dual didn't look too thrilled. With a negative response, Chainy chose to pass. “I will grab a picture though, if that's okay.”

Ivy looked to the Machamp, but it didn't seem to mind. As the man pulled out his camera, the Machamp even posed a bit, putting its two lower arms akimbo and raising the other two in a flexing position. Chainy snapped a shot and the fighter went back to work peacefully.

They moved into the caves next, and the effect of the moon-illuminated snow to the black murk of the tunnel was jarring. Ivy fished around in her vest for a flashlight to she wouldn't run them into any walls or send them tripping onto their noses from a rock in the path. As she did, she felt Haji still, and then she felt another presence.

Slowly and smoothly she turned on the light, moving it over to the purple cat. Then she laughed.

A cheery looking Smoochum was holding his nose. Her small pink body held green eyes and crinkled around the edges, and her yellow hair bobbed as she moved it back and forth happily. She was reminded of a movie she saw in which the little kid called the fuzzy guy kitty.

Thankfully Haji would never strike back violently, and while he kept the Ice-type busy, Ivy turned to Chainy and asked, “Want to catch this one and save poor Haji?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Smoochum: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

10 Encounters Remaining
Timburr Disk: 5/5
Area Effects: It's dark in the caves.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum
MCR: 0/4,000 [Common Rank]

Picture Value: 1,500

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

The Machamp seemed more than happy to show off for a picture. It raised its upper arms and flexed them as I took a quick snapshot. It grinned at me before turning around and going back to its work. I was glad it hadn't decided to start a fight with me - I didn't really have any wish to capture it, and seeing as I was in a Trainer capacity at the moment there were few good reasons for battling a Pokemon if you didn't intend to capture it.

Ivy led me into the caves and the sudden darkness was a very jarring change from the whiteness of the snow fields. She pulled out a torch to help her see, but I just activated the night vision on my visor. I felt some warmth at my back, and I could see that both Sasha and Dual had ignited their hands to use like torches. Meta hovered over my head, seeing as the tunnel was not wide enough to allow us to walk side by side. He'd probably have to return to his ball soon, but he was fine for now.

When Ivy flicked on the flashlight, I saw that a very young Smoochum had grabbed Haji playfully by the nose. Haji was very patient, so I wasn't particularly worried, but I could tell by the way his tail flicked every few seconds that he wasn't particularly pleased by this turn of events.

“Want to catch this one and save poor Haji?” Ivy laughed.

"I have a better idea," I said. I pulled out a PokeDoll and walked over to the Smoochum, kneeling down in front of it. There was no reason to fight the little baby Pokemon - it was nicer to give it a gift.

"How about you let our friend go and take this, little one?" I asked it, holding the plush toy out for the Ice-type to take.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-23-2011, 03:53 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#9

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Haji was quite patient as Chainy found a Pokédoll and offered it to the little Ice-type. Most of the time Trainers did this for baby Pokémon since battling or scaring them away was too cruel. They were mostly innocent, and a lot of the time they were just looking for attention. “How about you let our friend go and take this, little one?” he asked her, kneeling down and holding the doll out.

Her eyes got big as she looked at the offered gift. She released Haji's nose and then patted the doll with a happy look on her face. In a quick burst she hugged Chainy's leg, something she thought was adorable, and then she turned around and skipped down the path, toward the exit. At least she had gone peacefully. Some of them she encountered had started to cry when they tried to leave.

They continued on down the winding tunnels, going around long stalactites that hung from the ceiling and dodging icy rocks on the ground. Eventually they came into an open room that was covered in snow. None of the dark, frozen ground was visible. It brightened the room quite a bit, and the light bounced off the crystalline icicles that dripped from every surface. Ivy put her flashlight away and stepped into the room.

Immediately, the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. She felt Haji's guard go up, and she tried to do the same. Something was weird about this room, but she couldn't place what it was. All of them had stopped and were only making the slightest of movements. “Do you feel that?” she asked.

Her boots crunched lightly in the snow as she scanned the room. There was a large icicle hanging down from the center of the room. It was almost like a pillar, she thought, since the base did touch the floor with a thin point. The frozen water made the room look distorted on the surface, so it was interesting to look at. Then, she thought she saw something in it, perhaps something that got frozen inside.

She stepped closer, and a pair of yellow and blue eyes flashed. Ivy stumbled back, shaking her head. She was about to ask Chainy if he saw that when Haji sent out a warning growl. She looked around for the threat before she started to feel strange.

She looked down and noticed a red ribbon tied around her waste. That was weird. Where had it come from? She went to touch it with her hands when she noticed white and blue hangings on her arms. She whirled back to look at the icicle and saw the crystal-horned face of a Froslass staring back at her.

She tried to speak and couldn't, and then her body started acting on its own. “Greetings, Trainer,” the Pokémon said using her voice. It didn't sound quite right. There was a sassy and alluring hint to it that Ivy didn't possess. “Welcome to my mountain.”

The Froslass took Ivy's body around the large crystal, almost floating along the ground. The Ranger had no control. “Now that I've woken, I need something to entertain me. You humans are so frail, so predictable. You're going to participate in my little game,” she said confidently. “If you don't, I will crush part of this girl's mind.”

With a flash of light, pain blossomed in Ivy's head as she was sent to her knees. She clutched her head as the Froslass's modified voice rang out again.

“My warriors will be scattered along your path. Defeat them and prove your worth. If you can reach me, I'll release the hold I still have on her.” Then, with a gust of wind and snow, the presence was gone.

Ivy noticed right away, regaining the control of her body. She got to her feet shakily as she coughed. That presence she felt earlier was gone, but there was still a buzzing in her head that wouldn't leave. It seemed the Froslass wasn't kidding. “Ugh, that was ridiculous,” she said, then a Pokémon revealed itself from behind a rock across the room.

It was a bipedal dog Pokémon with black patches. The most noticeable one was the stripe across its eyes that continued to its ears. Instead of the usual red orbs though, these ones were tinged with an icy blue fog, mixing to a purple shade.

“That Froslass was pretty serious. Think she's the one behind that cave appearing? She mentioned waking up.” Ivy took a good look at the Riolu. If Froslass was controlling other Pokémon, they had to stop her. Not to mention the ghost still had some sort of hold on her with whatever tricks she used. “Do you want to take a shot at doing this? We can work something else out if you don't. This Riolu's your first test if you want to fight.”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Riolu: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

9 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite, Spheal, Machamp, Smoochum, Riolu
MCR: 0/25,000 [Intermediate Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: Since you're going to try and befriend the Mienfoo, I thought I'd include it in here. If you want me to remove it, just let me know.

The Smoochum's eyes widened as it saw the PokeDoll I was offering it. I shook the Pikachu-shaped plush toy gently, and the Smoochum let go of Haji's nose before tottering over to me. It petted the doll happily, crooning softly, before quickly hugging my leg. I felt a slight squeeze, and before I realised what was happening, it ran off, skipping towards the exit. A small smile crossed my face before I wiped it off. It wouldn't do to have Ivy see me all mushy.

The tunnels we walked through began to constrict themselves, becoming smaller and thinner. It didn't help that the stalagmites and stalactites became bigger and bigger, and there were other obstacles like partially collapsed floors and icy segments that threatened to make you slip and knock your head open. I reluctantly returned Meta to his PokeBall, promising to summon him the second we got into trouble. The warmth of Dual's and Sasha's flames and the licking movement of the firelight calmed me though, and we progressed deeper. To my surprise, the passage was leading down, as opposed to up. I didn't think there were any subterranean part of the Oktori tunnel network, but apparently I was wrong.

Finally, we found a large open room. There was snow on the ground, which surprised me - how did it get in here? I looked up to the ceiling, and it was closed in with rock. The snow certainly didn't fall from the sky. Curious.

There were many stalagmites and stalactites throughout the room, and the dripping sound of water was much more frequent than in the tunnels. In the very center of the room was a huge stalactite-like icicle which actually touched the ground. It would have taken hundreds of years to form naturally. Which, of course, made me suspicious. Ancient stuff always did that.

The dripping water sound was overridden by a crunching sound, and I looked over to see Ivy drawing closer to the ice pillar. My eyes narrowed - something felt wrong. I could feel the Mienfoo that was hiding under my coat shivering ferociously. Dual bumped me through our link, and Sasha was uneasy too. She was rubbing her arms with her hands, like she was cold, although considering one of her hands was on fire I doubted that was the case.

Suddenly, Haji growled, and that made me go cold. I'd never heard Haji growl before. I then heard Ivy breathe in sharply, and she went stiff. I took a few steps towards her.

"Ivy?" I asked, my voice echoing around the room. "Are you okay?"

A ghostly chuckle pervaded throughout the room. It was creepy, but the really scary part was how it had undertones of Ivy's own laugh mixed in. She turned around, and was grinning at me. I liked Ivy's smile, but for some reason it was freaking me out.

"Greetings, Trainer. Welcome to my mountain," Ivy spoke. Her voice was different, though - higher pitched and much more inviting than usual. She was lingering on her vowels and accentuating her esses much more than usual.

"Ivy, you're freaking me out," I said nervously, stepping backwards a bit.

<James, that's not Ivy,> Dual muttered quietly through our link. <Something's got a hold of her.>

Is she alright?

<I'm not sure.>

“Now that I've woken, I need something to entertain me," she replied, not dropping that ghostly grin. "You humans are so frail, so predictable. You're going to participate in my little game. If you don't, I will crush part of this girl's mind.”

"My face when I slap your s**t silly," I challenged the strange presence, my eyes narrowed.

Ivy dropped to her knees, and I started forwards again. Her head jerked up, and I could see a flicker of yellow light in her eyes, amongst the normal hazel. “My warriors will be scattered along your path. Defeat them and prove your worth. If you can reach me, I'll release the hold I still have on her.”

Some of the snow suddenly flew up into the air and surrounded Ivy, pulling her long red hair out and dancing with it before falling back down to the ground. Ivy got to her feet and coughed a couple times. Haji darted over to her and began winding between her legs. I could tell from the urgency of his actions that he was worried.

"Ugh, that was ridiculous," Ivy said to me wryly. Her tone was back to normal, which was something at least. The Mienfoo's death grip on my back reminded me that the little creature was there, so I carefully detached it and handed him to Ivy. The little Fighting-type was trembling violently, and as soon as she took it the Mienfoo hid its face against her chest and clutched her coat with its claws.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She waved me off and pointed to one of the stalagmite-like structures that was close to the tunnel leading out of the room. I looked as a Wild Pokemon emerged from behind the rock and took a defensive stance. It was blue and black in colour, and fox-like overall. Long black ears dangled down the side of its face, framing it. The Riolu watched all of us carefully, its purple eyes zipping from one person to the other.

“That Froslass was pretty serious. Think she's the one behind that cave appearing? She mentioned waking up,” Ivy mused.

"Not sure," I said shortly. I was watching the Riolu carefully, but it didn't seem too aggressive. I wondered if the ghostly voice was controlling the Fighting-type like it was us.

“Do you want to take a shot at doing this?" Ivy asked me. "We can work something else out if you don't. This Riolu's your first test if you want to fight.”

"I'm not risking that thing doing anything to you," I said firmly. "I'll take this Riolu on. Dual, let's do this thing."

I heard crunching as Dual stepped forward. However, I was surprised when I saw that it was Sasha who was stepping in front of me as opposed to the familiar form of a Gallade. I pinged my partner quickly through our network, and I heard him quickly telling Sasha that even though I was a human I actually knew what I was doing.

Geez, thanks, I muttered wryly.

<Hey, it's a compliment,> he retorted, <and I'm trusting you not to screw up.>

Rather than argue with the stubborn Gallade, I began to strategise. Medicham were great physical fighters, like the Riolu that was our opponent, but unlike the Emanation Pokemon Medicham had a fair grasp of special-based attacks. That might come in handy later on. I remembered that Sasha had a move that most professional battlers would kill for.

"Alright Sasha, open with a Fake Out!" I called. "Once that's done, set up a Reflect!"

Snow flew up into the air as Sasha darted towards the Riolu, both hands outstretched. I was surprised to see that she was just about as fast as Dual. Hopefully the sheer shock of both of her palms slapping the Riolu's face at once would cause it to flinch, which would give Sasha time to complete my follow up command. I knew that Lucario could fight with energy attacks as well as they could with sheer physical prowess, but luckily for me Riolu didn't have these abilities. A Reflect would severely decrease the amount of damage Sasha would take from the little fox-like Pokemon. Once that was set up, I could go on the attack, and being a Psychic-type, Sasha was perfectly suited to rout the Riolu.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-23-2011, 05:37 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Including him is good. Gives you more to talk about if anything else. Gender?)

BP#4

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Haji was rubbing her legs, and she fought through the buzzing in her mind to tell him that she was okay. He didn't feel like he completely believed her, but his energy calmed down from where it had spiked. She wasn't sure if the ghost could still control her like this, but she was going to have a hell of a time trying. Ivy threw her guard up and made it as solid as she could. It was probably too late, but if the Froslass tried it again, she was going to know about it.

Chainy asked if she was okay, and she somewhat nodded. She didn't quite know yet, and even if she wasn't, there wasn't a lot they could do about it right now except press on. He handed Mienfoo back to her, and he immediately buried his face against her turtleneck and clutched at her vest ends with his tiny paws. He was trembling violently, and she tried to soothe him best she could. She couldn't imagine what he thought of that whole event.

“Shhh,” she called, holding the little fighter tight. Then, she felt the strings of dizziness try to pull her to the floor. It was like her mind was swimming. “I think I need to sit down,” she said, and carefully she lowered herself onto one of the icy rocks. It wasn't too cold.

Thankfully, Chainy wanted to fight. He seemed quite adamant about it too. She was mostly glad. While the Froslass was dangerous, she didn't really want to find out what would happen if they didn't cooperate. Images of her sitting like a vegetable on the couch made her shudder.

“I'm no risking that thing doing anything to you,” he said, and part of her was relieved. “I'll take this Riolu on. Dual, let's do this thing.”

Instead of the Gallade, Sasha was the one that stepped up. Ivy noticed that the Medicham had a similar stance to Dual, so it was good that she was taking his advice seriously. The Ranger worried a little, since Sasha really wasn't one of Chainy's good partners. She might be hesitant to follow his orders and not trust his judgment. Sure, Dual probably told her that Chainy was a good Trainer, but until she saw it for herself, the Medicham might be skeptical.

“This is his chance to prove himself in her eyes,” Haji said against her mind, and she nodded. He had planted himself over her feet, laying across her shoes like he could anchor her there. He was warm.

“I'm sure he'll do just fine,” she replied, knowing what he was capable of. They'd get along great in no time.

“Alright Sasha, open with a Fake Out!” he called. “Once that's done, set up a Reflect!”

The Medicham dashed off with her hands outstretched. This attack usually knocked the target out of focus since they couldn't really tell what the user was going to do. She was faster than Ivy thought she'd be, with confident strides across the snow.

The Riolu simply watched with narrowed eyes, still giving off that purple haze. At the last second it tried to dodge, but Sasha anticipated this and jumped to the right to strike both of her hands against the sides of its head. Riolu stumbled backwards and closed its eyes, shaking its head as it tried to regain its balance.

The Medicham was already gone though, backing up toward Chainy as she moved her arms. A thin, almost-invisible screen appeared, and Ivy knew the Reflect would ward off attacks if she could maneuver it around. Thankfully, the screens operated with a touch of power, and since Medicham were pretty proficient in that area, Sasha probably wouldn't have a problem.

The small dog recovered, shaking its head back and forth as its ears flopped. Then it narrowed its eyes and darted toward the Medicham, zipping from the right to left in a jagged pattern. Sasha watched carefully, trying to keep the screen at the ready as the wild Pokémon approached.

Riolu suddenly picked up speed in the left direction, looking like he was about to strike. Suddenly, he jumped to the right and ducked low, aiming to catch Sasha off guard. The Medicham was fast, but not exactly fast enough. Part of the Reflect clipped the Riolu's paw as it went to hit, lessoning the blow. She wasn't prepared for the low sweep it used next through, sliding down and arcing out its leg to send her toppling over into the snow.

She wasn't that hurt, but the distraction allowed for the Riolu to get away with a counterstrike. It quickly jumped up on one of the rocks and then used them as stepping stones. It quickly ducked behind some of the stalactites and disappeared from view. They looked, but all was quiet. There wasn't even snow crunching.

Sasha got up slowly but carefully, her eyes scanning the field. Riolu could be pretty quick because of its size, so the Medicham would have to be careful.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Riolu: 87% [Used Feint and Low Sweep]
Hardy F Medicham: 92% Ref1 [Spe-1][Used Fake Out and Reflect]

---

Trainer Stats

9 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 7,068/25,000 [Intermediate Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Medicham @ 89%

Last edited by WinterVines; 08-24-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Sasha started to yell a battle cry as she neared the Riolu, a uluatingiai-iai-iai sound. Her opponent tried to dodge to the left but she anticipated this, shoving her left leg into the ground so that she was propelled in the same direction. Her hands whipped forward, crashing into the Riolu's temples. The Emanation Pokemon was thrown backwards, and it just barely avoided losing its balance. It shook its fox-like head, sending its ears flapping from side to side. No doubt the sheer force of the blow had flinched the young Pokemon.

As Sasha sprang backwards, my mind was working in overdrive. The true purpose of Sasha's Fake Out hadn't been to cause damage, it had been to determine the Riolu's Ability. If it had Inner Focus, the Fake Out wouldn't have flinched it. Seeing as it was still trying to regain its senses, its Ability was either Steadfast or Prankster. Either was bad news - if it was Steadfast, the Riolu would come out of the flinch faster than before. If it was Prankster, it would be able to twist and combine status moves in interesting and lightning-fast ways. Thankfully, Riolu didn't have access to many status moves.

Sasha skidded to a stop right in front of me, her arms moving in graceful circles at her sides. A thin, barely-pink screen faded into existance, and the Medicham moved her right hand forwards. Her palm touched the screen and a few pink sparks crawled over her knuckles, linking the Reflect to her hand. I recognised this as a variation of Dual's own Reflect - he tended to wear them like shields on his forearms, similar to warriors of old.

The Riolu shook its head one last time and then shot towards Sasha, snow kicking up behind him. He launched a Feint towards Sasha's right, and she brought the Reflect low to block it. The Emanation Pokemon's paw clipped her hip, before falling down onto the ground. It used the balance gained from this brace to bring its black feet sweeping around. They scythed underneath Sasha, smashing into her calves and knocking her over. The little nimble Pokemon then planted its feet into the ground and launched itself up into the air. It jumped from pillar to pillar up into the air, disappearing behind one of the stalactites clinging to the roof.

Sasha got to her feet, grumbling unhappily. She threw a quick look at Dual, but the Gallade just nodded. The Medicham was probably just worried that she was letting her mentor down, but I knew Dual wouldn't see it that way. He had a healthy respect for the ebb and flow of battle - it was unrealistic to expect a win without earning it. Personally, I was happy with how Sasha had performed - it was true she might be a bit slower because of the damage to her calves, but considering Riolu had access to one of two speed-boosting Abilities, I wasn't unduly bothered by this.

My problem was quite simple. The Riolu was nowhere to be seen, which meant that Sasha couldn't attack it directly. And while her strength was no doubt her physical attacks, like Dual, she could use long-range attacks too if need be. Luckily, she also had access to strengthening moves. I decided to make use of them.

"Alright Sasha, use Calm Mind to heighten your senses, and then use Psychic to find that Riolu and rip it out into the open," I ordered.

Sasha put her fingers to her temples, the Reflect screen dutifully hovering in front of her while she calmed her nerves. Slight blue tinges of energy flickered around her red helmet. The energy pulses began to increase in size and rapidity as the Medicham began her mental search of the room. As soon as she encountered the Riolu's thoughts, she'd grab a hold of it with her telekinetic abilities and fling it into the middle of the room, where she could keep an eye on it.

I realised that I could help out. I pulled out a small bottle that I had received long ago. It wasn't designed to be used in a battle, but I figured I could use it to disorient the Riolu. I tampered with the Fragrance bottle, applying pressure to the pump and weakening the seal. Now, instead of a spray-bottle, I had a crude explosive device, one that would break on impact and release the gases within. This wasn't a particularly potent version, but it would hopefully distract the Riolu just enough for me to come up with a plan depending on what it did. I prepared to throw it, hoping that everything would go as planned.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-24-2011, 04:19 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: I hope I did that throwing thing right D: )

BP#5

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

While the Riolu hid, Chainy plotted. It was difficult to battle when you couldn't see your opponent, but luckily the man had a plan for this. “Alright, Sasha, use Calm Mind to heighten your senses, and then use Psychic to find that Riolu and rip it out into the open,” he said.

One advantage the Medicham had over her Gallade mentor was that her range of special attacks was much better than his. Dual usually stuck to the physical side of things because that's what he was best at. He liked to get up close and personal. While Sasha's skills were similar, she had a bit more maneuverability.

She put her fingers to her temples as the Reflect materialized in front of her, and Ivy felt the energy in the air spike as the Medicham gathered it to herself. She felt the Pokémon send that energy sweeping across the room, searching for her opponent. While she worked, Chainy got out a bottle and fiddled with the top. She recognized the label as a fragrance, something they kept in the Park Shop in order to soothe Pokémon and make them easier to capture. He looked ready to throw it, so Ivy wasn't sure what he was doing with it. Usually one just popped the top off and let it wander through an area.

Suddenly, Ivy felt Sasha's energy flare as she found something. A form came soaring out from behind a rock with a strangled cry. The Ranger could see the mystic blue energy surrounding the Riolu, and as the Pokémon was jerked to the open space in the center of the room, he crashed through one of the stalactites hanging from the ceiling. The rock bits crumbled and littered the ground like a chocolate-filled cookie.

Riolu slammed into the ground, now in open sight. He struggled to get up but stumbled, his mind disoriented by the Psychic blast. He turned to run again, but Chainy chose that time to throw his bottle. It landed a few feet in front of the blue fighter, and the glass shattered upon impact. Ivy could smell the faint scent from where she was, and even the little Mienfoo was leaning forward a bit, eyes locked onto the battle that was happening.

Riolu caught the scent too, and that paired with his disorientation sent him plopping to the ground like he had planned to sit. He didn't stay motionless though, instead studying Sasha intently. Then, with a flare of power, he picked the Medicham up using his mind, just like she had done. He sent her flying to the right, crashing into the wall. The jutted rocks above shook ominously.

Then the fighter got a nasty look on his face, and Ivy could almost see the plans he was scheming. Then he held out both of his arms in thirty degree angles from the center of his body. The air began to shake, and then it was whipping backwards, like a vacuum. The rocks above knocked loose and prepared to fall. Chainy was going to have to act fast.

“Chainy, look out!”

Ivy stood as she warned him, holding Mienfoo tight against her and ushering Haji backward in case they had to move fast.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? M Riolu: 59% [SpAtk+2][Used Copycat, Nasty Plot, and Vacuum Wave. Rocks are falling.]
Hardy F Medicham: 83% Ref2 [SpAtk/SpDef+1][Spe-1][Used Calm Mind and Psychic]

---

Trainer Stats

9 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 11,417/24,900 [Intermediate Rank, Fragrance used]

Items: 3x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Medicham @ 83%

Old 08-25-2011, 06:05 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

As soon as I heard the Riolu squawk surprise, I knew my plan had worked. The Fighting-type's little body sailed out ungracefully from his hiding spot, his legs and arms flailing in all directions. He crashed into one of the hanging rock pillars, crumbling it into small pieces and falling to the ground. I threw the Fragrance overarm towards him, and the improvised grenade cracked open, releasing a fine pink mist into the air.

The Riolu stumbled out of the pile of rocks and fell face-first onto the ground. He got back up onto his feet, but then he fell back onto his rear end. His head was rolling slightly, but I could tell he was watching Sasha very closely. Suddenly, a blue flare erupted from his head, and Sasha was knocked into the air like she'd been hit by a baseball bat. She crashed into the right-most wall, and the cavern shook ominously. As the Medicham got to her feet, the Riolu watched her closely. His eyes slowly narrowed, as if he was concentrating very carefully and imagining all possible plans of attacks. I had been right in remembering that Riolu didn't have great special attack, but they DID have Nasty Plot, which could make up for their laughable long-range base stat.

Just as Sasha had finished picking itself up, the Riolu jumped skilfully to his feet. He raised his arms into the air, and I felt some wind begin to stir, which was impossible underground. However, I could see air distorting and bending throughout the cave, winding around the ceiling and weakening it. I could hear and feel the hanging rocks threatening to fall and crush up.

Apparently Ivy noticed this as well. She backed up, herding Haji away with her feet.

"Chainy, look out!" she cried.

I looked back at her. She looked worried - no doubt she was afraid that this was a big problem. In actuality, it was not.

I grinned at her.

This was a perfect opportunity to use one of my favourite moves of all time. One that Specialle knew, and that Dual had a working knowledge of, even if he couldn't use it too well in battle. It was a truly powerful technique, only granted to some few Pokemon. Luckily, Medicham had access to it, and I intended to use it to thrash the Riolu.

"Sasha, use Gravity to take hold of the rocks and throw them towards the Riolu," I commanded. "Then, keep the Gravity field going - considering your Calm Mind and the Riolu's Fighting type his movement will be hampered. That's the perfect time to really f**k it up good with a Dynamicpunch."

The combination of Gravity and Dynamicpunch was a brilliant combination, one that Jakk often used successfully. Medicham were not affected by their own gravitational fields - in fact, with sufficient training they could use their Gravity techniques to fly, if only temporarily. Unluckily for the Riolu, it would not be able to resist the technique. This was where Dynamicpunch came in. Normally, it was an incredibly inaccurate attack, usually due to the concentration and careful aiming required. However, considering the Riolu would be pinned down by its own weight, Sasha should easily be able to deliver the blow. The strike would also jar the Riolu's head - hopefully that'd slow it down and confuse it a bit, allowing Sasha to get the upper hand. I hadn't used her strongest move yet - that was being saved for the finishing blow.

Sasha stepped forwards confidently, raising her hands into the air, her posture a perfect mirror image of the Riolu's. Blue pulses of energy began to shoot out of her as her own gravitational fields established themselves throughout the cavern. Once they were ready, she would have complete control over the force of Gravity inside this area. I considered asking Dual to shield us from the effects, but I knew Sasha would lessen them here by herself. It'd still be a bit harder to stand for a while, though.

The rumbling stalactites threatened to fall faster with the increased gravity in effect, but they also started to glow blue. Sasha was deliberately altering the flow of gravity around them so that it was actually easier for them physically to fly towards the Riolu as opposed to falling straight down. I knew as soon as those rock structures took flight, the Medicham would dart towards her opponent, her fist glowing bright white. Seeing as she was part-Fighting type and her Pure Power boosted her physical prowess immensely, I couldn't see a way this wouldn't sting.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: That Gravity messed up everything I was planning ;-; Icky post is icky.)

BP#6

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Apparently Chainy thought the rocks weren't a big deal since he grinned, Ivy thought, just as she moved away from a rock crashing down inches where she had been. It clipped the edge of her coat, and she had to give it a strong pull to release it from under the stone. A small bit of the corner tore off, the frayed edge reminding her what they could've been. The Mienfoo whimpered in her arms, but she shushed him, telling him gently that they were fine.

“Sasha, use Gravity to take hold of the rocks and throw them towards the Riolu,” Chainy said. Then he told her to use a Dynamicpunch, a very strong, but inaccurate move.

The Gravity would probably help her aim, keeping the Riolu mostly still. She could still see him struggling to get up from his planted seat on the ground, even as the rocks broke off their hinges. He wouldn't be moving a lot, even though his body mass wasn't super heavy. Since he was weakened a bit, it'd still be harder for him to move.

Sasha stepped forward and rose her hands, gathering energy to her as she tried to establish her own gravitational field inside the room. A rock came down hard, clipping her in the shoulder as she stood there. She recovered quickly though, and then Ivy felt the gravity take effect.

She staggered a bit as she tried to move backward, checking above to make sure there were no loose rocks falling. She pressed against the wall, trying to stay out of the way. The wall helped keep her standing, and Mienfoo gave out a little whine.

The falling rocks soon glowed with a light blue energy, almost coming to a stop as they slowed down to a hover. Then, the Medicham twisted the energy and sent the large stones barreling toward the Riolu. She was hot on their heels though, darting toward the target with her fist shining white. She was moving fast, not hindered at all by the gravity. She must've been able to manipulate the space around her so she wasn't affected. That was pretty smart, since she weighed more than the Riolu, so the gravity would affect her more.

The Riolu watched the rocks and incoming attacker. He quit trying to get up, instead placing his palms flat on the ground. Energy rolled through the surface, and just before he was about to get hit, he sent a pulse surging into it. The rocks slammed into him as the ground below rippled and rolled, flowing out in a wave of earth. It hit Sasha's legs and sent her flying forward, making her attack only clip the downed Riolu as she was sent sprawling forward.

The blue Pokémon tried to crawl forward, but Ivy recognized a fog in his eyes, different from the color the Froslass gave him. He was probably jarred, an after effect that happened due to being hit from such a strong attack. The color in his eyes flickered though, and Ivy thought that maybe the ghost's hold on him was weakening due to him being worn out.

The dog-like creature tried to stand one more time before falling back to the cold ground. He seemed to realize that he couldn't go up, even through his daze, so he went the only place he could: down. With a flurry of limbs, dirt flew up as the Riolu dug. Sasha was still down, and by the time she got up, the wild Pokémon had disappeared under the earth.

Ivy tried to sense where he was, but between the buzzing in her brain, courtesy of Froslass, and the gravity that seemed to pull her head toward the ground, she was too bothered to do it correctly. Hopefully Sasha would have a better time of it.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Mild M Riolu: 32% [Con1][Digging][SpAtk+2][Used Bulldoze and Dig]
Hardy F Medicham: 68% Grav-1 Ref3 [SpAtk/SpDef+1][Spe-2][Used Gravity and Dynamic Punch]

---

Trainer Stats

9 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 15,788/24,900 [Intermediate Rank, Fragrance used]

Items: 3x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Medicham @ 68%

Old 08-26-2011, 12:36 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

The blue pulses Sasha was emanating began to quicken, and with each one the rocks shook less. A couple of smaller stalactites fell before the Gravity field established itself, and one of them clipped Sasha's shoulder. I could see her bite her lip and her arms begin to shake, but she continued following my order. I turned around to see Ivy back up against the wall, and see the Mienfoo tuck its head under her arm and whine. A bit of sadness crept up into my eyes - I had complete faith in Sasha's control of her Gravity technique, and even if a rock managed to break through Dual would easily intercept it before it could hit us. Apparently Ivy didn't have the same faith. While that was fair - Ivy hadn't spent much time with Dual, and literally none with Sasha - it was still a little sad, especially when I took into account my complete faith in Haji. Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of Haxbat, but at least I'd made the effort to overcome my fear, and partially succeeded.

Nevertheless, I shook my head to clear the unwanted thoughts and turned back to watch Sasha. The blue light around the larger rocks had grown until they encompassed the entire base. Sasha twisted her wrists so that her thumbs pointed towards the Riolu, and the rocks began to fall. However, instead of falling towards the ground like 99.999999% of all the rocks before it, these rocks fell horizontally, towards the Emanation Pokemon. They picked up speed, just like they would have normally. I looked over towards the Riolu and I saw that the Gravity's effects had reached it. Its behind was planted firmly on the ground, and it was pushing up with its palms, no doubt trying to get to its feet. That wasn't going to happen, though. Even though gravity was the weakest force in the universe, we were all subject to it and it simply could not be fought. Especially when it was tweaked to be more than four times its natural strength.

When I looked back to Sasha, I saw that she had begun her approach to the Wild Pokemon. She was running as fast as she could towards the Riolu, which sadly was not as fast as her normal speed because of the Riolu's earlier Low Sweep attack. Still, she was only barely falling behind the rocks, which was impressive. Her right hand was trailing behind her, and it was glowing bright white. Small white sparks or lines of light (it was hard to see amongst the distorted space and all the falling rocks) fell off of her fist, trailing back through the air before winking out on the ground.

At the last second, something unexpected happened. The Riolu stopped trying to get up, and instead pushed its little paws into the ground. Before I could see what happened, the cluster of rocks smashed into the Riolu. Luckily their momentum kept them rolling off of the small Fighting-type, which was good because I'd soon as not have Sasha bashing her way through the solid stone just to hit her opponent. However, it turned out she wasn't going to be able to do even that. A wave of dirt rolled outwards, looking just like a wave in a lake except made of solid earth as opposed to water. The rolling Bulldoze attack crashed into the Medicham’s legs, knocking her over. Her fist flailed forwards, lightly clipping the Riolu’s shoulder as opposed to smashing full force into its chest like I’d hoped. However, the white light of the Dynamicpunch flared up, and I saw the Riolu’s head began to spin slightly, like it was dazed. At least that part of the Dynamicpunch had worked out.

Sasha and the Riolu both struggled to get up – the Riolu fighting against the Gravity and the Medicham trying to get over the shock of the sudden attack. The Emanation Pokemon managed to raise himself a little off the ground before falling back down. So, instead of trying to go up, he went the other way. Dirt flew up into the air and obscured my vision. When the dust settled, I saw that Sasha was standing again, but that the Riolu was nowhere to be seen. It had dug into the ground.

It was an incredibly clever move. Sasha’s Gravity manipulation affected the entire room, but not the ground or the walls, so the Riolu was safe from the hyper-force while it was Digging. Furthermore, Sasha had no way to attack it – she wasn’t strong enough to perform Earthquakes, unlike Dual. My only option was to wait for it to come back up – it would have to, at some point in time.

“Sasha, see if you can Detect when it’s going to come back up,” I called out. “I know you’re tired, and I certainly don’t expect you to dodge, but try to jump away from the blow so that damage is minimised. Also, you can cut the Gravity if it gets too tiring.”

Sasha nodded, and placed one of her palms on the ground. I figured she was trying to read the vibrations in the earth – a way as good as any other way, I guessed. My mind was working fast – I wanted to attempt a capture soon, but it wasn’t quite weak enough yet. I needed to get one last solid hit in.

“When the Riolu emerges, strike it with a Psycho Cut,” I added, “but don’t go overboard. We don’t want it knocked out.”

Purple energy began to gather around Sasha’s unused hand. I didn’t know what form it was going to take, considering Dual’s Psycho Cut charged along his blade and Sasha didn’t have any. However, it was one of the strongest moves the Medicham could learn, especially since it was affected by her Pure Power and supereffective against the Riolu’s Fighting type. If the attack made contact, hopefully I would be in a good position to attempt to capture the Riolu.

I took another look at Ivy, and her head was partially bowed. I had forgotten that Ivy hadn’t spent any time training with the Gravity technique, whereas I had spent a lot of time. I couldn’t count the number of training sessions I’d attended where Specialle had tried (mostly unsuccessfully) to teach Dual how to control gravity. No matter how many times I explained to him that Gallade couldn’t master the technique, he kept on trying. In the end, he’d picked up the very basics, although certainly not enough to use in battle. As its most base level, he was really just using his Psychic technique to emulate the effects of Gravity. In fact, maybe that’s what he saw in Sasha – someone similar to himself who could learn a technique he could not. Maybe he was hoping Sasha would teach him after he taught her.

Dual, can you try to negate the Gravity around us? I asked him silently through our link. I don’t think Ivy’s doing too well.

Dual nodded and raised his arms into the air. The effects of the gravitational field lessened slightly – hopefully it’d make it a bit easier on Ivy and the Mienfoo. The ghost had taken an interest in me – it wasn’t fair that Ivy should suffer during my fights.

SCROLL OF CHAINS