Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 08-10-2011, 04:05 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Individual RP: ChainReaction01

(OOC: This is going to either be awesome or really bad, and it'll be confusing for sure XD)

NBP#1

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Ivy looked at her dimly lit office from the doorway, seeing it for the first time in a few weeks. After the mental link between her and Haji, her Espeon, had exploded on their last run in Mount Deckbi, she had taken some time off to try and settle it. She hadn't been worth much up on that mountain, even going as far as blacking out and making Haji have to take over. She didn't want that happening on a run with a Trainer. At least she had been with two Rangers that could take care of herself.

So in the end she thought some time away from work stress would be good for her, thanks to Haji's insistence. She had rested some, got a handle on the new bond, and even found time to train her Pokémon more. They were well equipped for battle.

She was just checking on the space for now though. She already had the things she'd need, and she had a task already assigned to her. She looked down at the note from her boss on her phone, shaking her head and putting the device away so she could close her door. The boss wanted her to go out and check some sort of cave that had been uncovered by an avalanche in Mount Oktori and that it should be done immediately. They had to see if it was safe before any Trainers went out that way. If it wasn't, they'd have to call it in and make sure all the Rangers were rerouted. They'd probably have to rope off the area somehow too, since it was easy to get turned around and lost up there. Didn't want someone stumbling into it.

Also, since the boss believed in having a good time, he told her she should take another Ranger on a run and maybe go on one herself. He claimed that it was because two Rangers were more prepared for anything that happened out there, but she had her doubts. It figured that he'd find some way for them to have fun while doing work. She hadn't been told who she was taking yet or who would be taking her. She hadn't seen anybody yet, so whoever it was would be good with her. Nobody was in the Main Outpost. Then again, it was getting kind of late.

She adjusted her black cloak over her vest and cargos, knowing Oktori could get pretty cold. She checked her pockets one last time but found everything where it should be. She took another look around the mostly empty office and decided it was time to go.

“Are you ready, Haji?” she asked softly, and the purple cat nodded.

She felt the pull of his energy as the air around them shimmered, and then she couldn't see the hallway anymore. She was impressed that this teleporting hardly bothered her anymore. At first they used to make her feel dizzy, but now she could barely feel it.

The temperature dropped a little as they appeared in front of the snowy Outpost. It was quiet up here, as it usually was whenever there was snow. She liked the quiet, and she knew Haji did too. There was a light cloud cover, but the weather changed so often up here that it probably wouldn't stay like that. She liked the way the snow was illuminated though. Even nights were bright. That might come in handy now, since it was getting later. Traveling at night out here was dangerous, but they had to check that area out before any Trainers or Rangers came out here.

She spied the bench perched next to the Outpost doors and smiled. She always waited for her Trainers there, and it looked like today would be no different. She took a seat on the cold wood, and Haji jumped up next to her, like always, choosing to lay down and put his head on her lap.

It had been a while since she had been on a run as both Ranger and Trainer, but she figured it was like riding a bicycle. You never really forgot. Rangering had been the best thing that happened to her, so she was going to do her job well.

She leaned back on the wood and put her hand on Haji's head to stroke his ears. The swirling of the energy in the air and the earth didn't bother her anymore. Settling the bond had been one of the better choices she made. She felt calmer in general now, and she thought part of that had to due with Haji's nature. It didn't bother her one bit.

She listened to the quiet and enjoyed the peace while she waited for her Trainer.

---

Current Battle Stats: N/A

---

Trainer Stats

Name: Chainy
15 Encounters Remaining
Area Effects: It's snowy.
Pokémon Encountered: None
Pokémon Captured: None
MCR: 0

Items: 3x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Justified
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

Pokemon: Medicham
Nickname: Sasha
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

Pokemon: Metagross
Nickname: Meta
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Brave
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Re: Individual RP: ChainReaction01

I saw flashes of the world as Dual teleported me to Mount Oktori. A second's worth of the Woods, a couple of the dilapidated hotel out the front of the Outer Heavens, and a quick look at the plains around the base of Mount Deckbi. I had a sudden flashback to the run I'd had with Ivy there - we'd found strange broadcast devices all over the mountain. They had used some kind of mindwaves to enrage the local wildlife, and they'd affected us adversely. Ivy had left almost straight away the next day, and since she'd left no contact information I hadn't been able to get a hold of her. I was excited to see her again - she was one of my closest friends - but that was before. Things had happened on that run. There wasn't really much I could do besides hope she was okay. Although, I couldn't say I'd blame her if she didn't want to have anything to do with me. I'd been a real idiot up on that mountain.

The blue swirling began to fade, replaced by the soft white of lightly falling snow. Dual and Sasha were already waiting for me. Dual needed no introduction - he jerked his head upwards in the usual greeting. There was a light dusting of snow on his helmet and arms, which showed out vividly against the green. Sasha was standing next to him. She inclined her head to me, and I did the same back. Sasha and I got along pretty well, considering we didn't run across each other much. Dual had taken the Medicham under his wing, rather like an apprentice. She put her hands behind her poofy red legs and took a step back, silently showing her willingness to follow.

I stepped forwards and both of the Pokemon fell in line behind me. It wasn't long before I reached the top of the hill and I saw a familiar shape sitting in front of the gate.

"Hey, Ivy!" I called out as my pace increased. "How are you?"

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 08-10-2011, 02:57 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Uhh, sorry for the two NBPs in a row, I just didn't want to put an encounter in there because it feels forced. I guess if you want to use your disks right away this is a good time?)

NBP#2

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Haji's ears twitched as he felt a familiar energy, and after a second, she felt it too and smiled. She looked up as three forms came over the hill, the man in front being very familiar to her.

He had brown curly hair that had grown out since she last saw him, but he otherwise remained unchanged. His technical scouter was still over his eye and he still walked with confidence. He called out as he saw her, picking up his pace. “Hey, Ivy! How are you?”

Dual, his Gallade, followed, and she saw a Medicham was also with them. The red-panted Psychic Pokémon was identical to Dual in typing, though they learned a few different techniques. Ivy thought that maybe they were training together or something.

She couldn't help her grin as Chainy came near. While her Pokémon were excellent companions and she didn't have any complaints, she had missed her other friends too. She nodded a greeting to Dual and the Medicham. “I'm... better,” she said, for lack of another way to put it. She knew she was a little different now that her perspectives had been broadened, but she still felt like she was the same. “That time off really helped. We had a lot of opportunities to train.”

Ivy felt Haji greet the two Psychic-types through her mind link with him, and then he rubbed against Chainy's legs in greetings. He would probably never say it, but he had missed everyone at the Park too.

“So they roped you into a midnight run too, huh? The mountain might get a little dangerous at night, but I think we can handle it. Of course the avalanche was on the Southeast corner of the place, the farthest point away. I'm ready whenever you are. I'll let you pick the path since you've been here more recently than I have. How have you been?”

Talking with Chainy was good, and she almost forgot that they had work to do. It had just been a long time since she talked with others. She wasn't sure what he thought of her at this point, but hopefully it wasn't bad. She remembered when thoughts like that would've driven her into a down mood or a slight panic and grinned. She had learned a few things.

---

---

Trainer Stats

15 Encounters Remaining
Area Effects: It's snowy.
Pokémon Encountered: None
MCR: 1803

Items: 3x Park Ball; 3x SuperBall; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 21x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Blank Disk x2; Timburr Voice Disk; Sneasel Voice Disk; 2x Lava Cookie; Family Repellant (Tyrogue); Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch; Oak's Trinket; Digital Camera Zoom Lens

Pokemon Stats

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[ROCK], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, TM147-Low Sweep, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM29-Psychic, TM33-Reflect, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM65-Rain Dance, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM93-Bulk Up, TM96-Light Screen, TM98-Brick Break, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM111-Energy Ball, TM117-Drain Punch, Gravity, Psycho Cut, Bullet Punch, Fake Out, Dynamicpunch, Baton Pass, Role Play

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM26-Earthquake, TM135-Grass Knot, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Iron Head

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

(OOC: YOU ***** jk that's cool)

~~~~~

Ivy smiled back at me in greeting. She looked a lot more stable than the last time I had seen her. It was probably the bond with Haji - psychic bonds tended to temper the personality of the people involved. I'd become a lot more serious since joining with Dual, and he'd picked up a (marginal) sense of humour.

“I'm... better,” she replied to my question. “That time off really helped. We had a lot of opportunities to train.”

Haji got up off Ivy's lap and walked over to me, brushing up against my leg like cats did when showing affection. I scratched his head gently as he did so - apparently the Espeon bore me no ill will regarding the events up on Deckbi. Well, either that, or he was really good at hiding it. I could also feel him greeting Dual through our link.

“So they roped you into a midnight run too, huh? The mountain might get a little dangerous at night, but I think we can handle it. Of course the avalanche was on the Southeast corner of the place, the farthest point away. I'm ready whenever you are. I'll let you pick the path since you've been here more recently than I have. How have you been?” Ivy asked.

"I've been okay," I said, kicking at a pebble. I couldn't bring myself to tell her how much I had missed her. "Things run much as they always do I guess. And I don't really mind which way we go. The fastest way to get from one point to another is a straight line, I guess."

I realised this was Ivy's first time meeting the Medicham that was semi-hiding behind Dual. "Ivy, this is Sasha," I said, introducing her. "Dual picked her up as an apprentice of sorts a couple of weeks ago from the Valley. He's been teaching her techniques since, and she's going to be joining us on this run."

Before we set out, I pulled out my Pokeplayer and inserted the Timburr disk. My elder brother Jakk said he'd pay me well if I could capture one of the Conkeldurr line for him to use in his Gym. I guess he didn't have enough priority attacks yet.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 08-11-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:10 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#3

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy introduced the Medicham to her, saying Dual was training her as an apprentice. Ivy nodded to her, glad to have another person along on the run. She'd probably end up doing a few battles for whatever Chainy decided to capture.

It would be nice to have another Pokémon watching their backs too. Since they were both probably going to capture Pokémon on this trip, she'd be doing a little bit of battling too. Her main goal was making sure Chainy did well though, since her Ranger instincts were always stronger than her Trainer ones.

She watched him pull out a Poképlayer and a disk of some sort. Putting it in and pressing play, the call of a Timburr rang out and echoed throughout the area. Because of the snow, the call echoed far, and she hoped that one would come along eventually.

Not to waste any time, they walked on, Haji making small prints in the snow at her side. The path sloped gently upward, and the snow became deeper. They came across a Swinub that was interested in her, and after sorting that out, they kept going in the hopes of finding something the other Ranger would want.

The sun finally extinguished its orange glow from the sky when it started to snow lightly. It fell down mostly straight, so it didn't really bother her. She simply popped her hood up over her head and continued on. As time went on though, the snow started falling harder, and then the wind picked up. The snow turned to chunks of ice, and the gusts blew it more into a forty-five degree angle. Bits of frozen water stung her cheeks as she stopped.

“Do you feel that?” she asked Haji, peering through the area. She could've sworn she felt another life force besides theirs, but she couldn't pinpoint where it was.

Then, a small mountain of snow moved. It shook, and bits of snow fell off until two greenish limbs were uncovered. Then she caught sight of the brown stump and the beady green eyes underneath the mountain-shaped hat.

“Hey, a Snover,” she said to Chainy. “Weren't you looking for one of those?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Snover: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

14 Encounters Remaining
Timburr Disk: 1/5
Area Effects: It's snowing/hailing.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover
MCR: 3,756/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

(OOC: Let me know if this post needs to be edited. For... obvious reasons >///> Also, Chidori is kinda the inspiration behind my move xD)

We came across a Swinub, and Ivy chose to battle it. Her skills certainly hadn't degraded during her time off - if anything, they'd gotten much better. If I wasn't careful, she'd soon be outstripping me. I'd never hear the end of it from Dual or Buzz if that happened.

After the Swinub was dealt with, we moved on. The fields of snow were sloping gently upwards but they weren't yet hard to traverse as long as you knew how to walk in snow. Lift your foot, move it forward, put it down. It didn't sound hard, but the straight motions were violently different to my usual method of walking, and so I soon built up an ache in my ankles and calves. I didn't say anything to Ivy, though - she looked fine, and I wasn't going to ask to stop unless I started feeling some serious pain.

It didn't take long for the sun to drop, and with it a fair snow started falling. I was looking forward to an enjoyable walk through a snowy field - romantic, don't ya know - when the snow became hardened and much more noticeable. Ivy pulled her hood up over her head, tucking her wealth of long red hair inside the jacket. I almost whined - Ivy's hair was beautiful, and it was so fun to watch it move as she walked. However, I managed to keep my mouth shut. The last I needed was River finding out about my growing problem and Buzz never letting me hear the end of it.

We struggled on through the hail - at least it wasn't too bad. The chunks were only the size of M&Ms as opposed to the tissue-box-sized ones I'd seen whipped up by Abomasnow. The thought of Abomasnow made me realise something - there was a lifeform not far from us. I looked around, but couldn't see anything. Dual pinged me through our link. He was pleased that I was passively using the abilities I'd been granted.

"Do you feel that?" Ivy murmured towards Haji, who was padding along delicately at her side. Apparently she could feel something too. It was probably from her own link. I was interested in how deep the connection was - it had to have been pretty deep considering the trauma she'd gone through.

I didn't know if the Espeon replied, but if he did it was unnecessary. A small lump of hill, much more vertical than the surrounding hills, suddenly shook. A pair of green branches were revealed, and I thought it was just a tree. However, a triangular head burst out of of the hill, sending snow flying everywhere, and the Pokemon climbed out of the snow pile using its brown, root-like legs. I didn't blame myself for thinking it was a tree - it certainly was Grass-typed, at least. The sudden Hail occurrence had been explained, too.

"Hey, a Snover. Weren't you looking for one of those?" Ivy asked me.

"Yeah, it was on my list," I laughed. "Jathan's getting sick of being destroyed by Salamence."

Truth was, he had a Weavile for a Dragon counter, but the little Dark-type had gone off on a quest with another Trainer a few months ago. The Trainer had promised to return Weavile after defeating Blackthorn Gym, but the two of them had really hit off and Jathan wasn't expecting to see Weavile back any time soon. Still, he said that was okay - part of a Breeder's job was knowing when to let go. That didn't stop him missing his friend, though, and he still needed a good Ice-type for his Pokemon battles.

"Alright Dual, let's start this off good," I said to him, beckoning him forward. The Psychic-type nodded and exchanged a quick message with Sasha before stepping forward. I'd love to know what went on between them, but I didn't have a link with Sasha and Dual kept that part of his mind sealed off from me. I'd suspect a romantic entanglement except I knew Dual - he wouldn't be teaching someone he was interested in like a teacher. Far more likely they exchanged secrets that were only to be known to Psychic Pokemon.

"Let's hit this thing hard and fast," I suggested. "That way we can move on to the cave. Hit it with a Fire Punch and mix in a Will-o-Wisp too - be sure not to knock it out, though."

Dual spread his legs and extended his right hand downwards. Small red sparks began gathering around his lower arm and trailing down to his hand, where a small fireball ignited. The flame expanded until it engulfed his hand, although barely. Dual then clamped his left hand onto his right wrist - the hand was glowing purple, writhing with a ghostly flame. Purple sparks joined the red ones, and the fireball in his hand suddenly expanded, flash-melting a good portion of the snow at Dual's feet. The fireball was still mostly red, but it had a barely-visible purple covering that was the Will-o-Wisp. The Gallade took a giant step forward, beginning to run towards the Snover. I knew he wouldn't come out of this battle unscathed - the hail would cause some damage at least - but Abomasnow (and by extension, Snover) had some powerful attacks and were known to be tricky. I couldn't help being a little worried for my friend.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-12-2011, 01:18 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: M or F?)

BP#1

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy motioned Dual forward, and the Psychic-type gave Sasha a nod as he entered the makeshift battlefield. They probably had some sort of communication going on, but she and Haji weren't going to intrude. If Dual was mentoring her, there could be a ton of things they were talking about. More than likely he was telling her to watch closely.

“Let's hit this thing hard and fast,” Chainy said to his partner, wanting to move on as soon as possible. There was a lot of sense to his words; they probably shouldn't be out here in the old for too long at night. “Hit it with a Fire Punch and mix in a Will-o-Wisp too – be sure not to knock it out though,” he added.

Dual focused and extended his fist toward the snow, and then fire started to form around it. He then brought his other hand over, and a purplish smoke curled out of it. The energy moved from one hand to the one hosting the fire, and the two mixed. The gas curled around his fist and joined the flame, moving around in coils.

It was hot. She could tell from the snow that was melting around Dual's feet. She could see a ring of dirt below him. It would probably do a ton of damage to the Ice-type, and since he had used Will-o-Wisp, it would probably leave a burn too.

Dual dashed off in order to strike the wild Pokémon, but the tree had its eyes locked onto the flame. It seemed to know what was coming, and it wasn't going to lay down and get hit. The wind blew up in powerful gusts, flinging chunks of ice and snow at the Gallade in order to slow him down.

She saw an annoyed look pass over his face, but he didn't stop, instead extending his fist back and slamming it forward. It plowed into the Snover and sent it head over foot, rolling it away several feet in a medium-sized snowball. It landed right side up and shook itself off. The snow fell down with a hiss, and the Snover flinched. She could see a few scorch marks on its chest; probably result of the burn.

Snover wasn't finished yet though. In fact, it looked a little angry. Suddenly, piles of snow around the Gallade began shaking. Snover pointed one of his green-coated arms at the Psychic-type, and then the snow shot upward in a dome cloud. Globs of earth shot toward Dual, and as they impacted, they exploded in clumps of dirt and small rocks.

The Gallade had put up his arms to cover his face, but the miniature bombs still damaged him a little bit. He was a fierce fighter though, so he would be fine. The burn was also affecting Snover's movement. It was sort of curling over the burned spot.

Chainy was off to a good start, and she was sure he'd cap this Pokémon in no time. It was nice to see that his battling skill had only improved since she'd been gone. She had missed a lot of the little things.

---

Current Battle Stats:

Lax ??? Snover: 45% [BRN][Used Icy Wind and Seed Bomb]
Serious M Gallade: 87% [Spe-1][Used Fire Punch and Will-o-Wisp]

---

Trainer Stats

14 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 8,642/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Gallade @ 87%

Old 08-12-2011, 03:04 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

As Dual got closer to the the Snover, the wind began to pick up. Snow and ice flew through the air, crashing into into the Gallade. The ice stuck to his arms and legs, slowing him down, but he didn't stop for long. He pushed his arm forwards through the snow, ramming the red-purple fireball right into the Snover's chest. The Grass-type was thrown backwards through the snow, flipping head over roots. Snow gathered around it as it spun, becoming a snowball. It stopped right way up and shook the snow off. Something told me the Snover wasn't finished.

I was right. It held out its branch-hands towards Dual, and mounds of brown dirt exploded through the snow, attaching to the Gallade. They then detonated like little fireworks, spreading a light brown haze through the air. When it cleared, I saw that Dual had covered his face with both of his arms, one crossed over the other - this was a standard defensive pose that he automatically fell into.

I looked over at the Snover - there were black burn marks on its chest, and it was slightly curled over, like it was hurting. That meant the Burn must have taken effect. I couldn't screw around much longer - that Burn would lower its health beyond capturable if I wasn't careful. Still, one combination attack couldn't possibly be enough to deserve a capture attempt, no matter how super-effective it was. I'd have to get one more good attack in.

"Good job, Dual," I congratulated him. "Let's hit the Snover once more. Ram it with an X-Scissor, and then I'll throw a ball."

Dual grunted, and he held his right blade out in front of him. It began to glow a sickly light green, lighter than the horn on his head. He drew his arm back and then flung it forward. The energy detached from his blade and formed into crescent that buzzed towards his opponent. I was about to ask him why he used it long-range style when I realised why - his Special Attack wasn't as good as his physical attack, so there was less danger of the Snover being knocked out. I pulled a Park Ball out of my pocket and prepared to throw it.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-12-2011, 08:53 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#4

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Like she thought, Dual brushed off the attack like it didn't bother him that much. The Snover was weakening, and Ivy didn't doubt that he'd be captured soon.

“Good job, Dual,” Chainy said. “Let's hit the Snover once more. Ram it with an X-Scizzor, and then I'll throw a ball.”

The man pulled out a Park Ball from his pocket and tensed to throw it, waiting for the Gallade to strike one last time. The burn would make the capture easier, and since he'd already hit the little tree hard, it was pretty hurt.

Dual went into action, extending one of his blades in front of him as it began to glow a dim green color. Instead of the usual run and slice technique she had usually seen though, Dual instead slashed his arm from long range. A burst of energy came off his arm in an X pattern in that same color he glowed. It smashed into the Snover and sent him rolling backwards again.

Ivy was still pretty amazed at how well Pokémon battled on their own even though she trained with hers. Granted they did it in the wild all the time, but it was still cool to see how they could gage their affects. Dual had used the attack in a long range special way because he wasn't as good with it, meaning he'd do less damage to his already weakened opponent.

Chainy then threw the ball while the Snover was trying to get up. It hit him right on the snowy cap. She saw the second flash of his eyes going wide before the beam of red light sucked him into the device. It fell to the snow and went quiet, lighting up the center with red. The ping must've been lost in the wind.

As she thought it, the snow slowed down until it stopped all together, revealing the moon again. Other than where they had been battling, the snow was smooth and undisturbed, with little piles here and there where the new flakes had fallen.

Ivy made her way past Dual to go collect the ball. She brushed the snow off on the font of her cloak before reaching into her vest to add it into a pocket. “Well, check that off your list, unless you find a bunch of other 'mons you want to catch. Are you okay to go on, or do you want to rest at all? The caves could wait a few minutes.”

---

---

Trainer Stats

14 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-13-2011, 01:30 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

The crescent slammed into the Snover, knocking it backwards. I wasted no time in throwing the ParkBall. It arced through the air and tapped the Snover on the head, absorbing it in a red flash. The ball wiggled a little bit before flashing red, signaling the success of the capture. Still, I had a funny feeling it had been close.

Ivy walked past Dual to pick up the PokeBall and stow it away. I followed her but made no attempt for the sphere, being aware of Ranger regulations. It didn't matter that I was an Elite. In fact, because I was an Elite I was more bound by the rules than any other Rangers, a few exceptions permitted.

“Well, check that off your list, unless you find a bunch of other 'mons you want to catch. Are you okay to go on, or do you want to rest at all? The caves could wait a few minutes.”

"I could do with a bit of a rest I guess," I replied, locating a smallish rock to sit on. I certainly had a list, but a Timburr was right at the top. Jakk would owe me huge if I couold locate one, and I already knew the favour I was going to call in.

I looked over at Dual, who had wasted no time in returning to Sasha. He was kneeling in front of her and making the same motion he had made when he launched the X-Scissor. As far as I knew, Medicham couldn't learn X-Scissor, but perhaps the firing style could be used to launch Psycho Cuts or something. I'd occasionally seen Dual throw them long range, but I'd just figured that was because of his Psychic affinity as opposed to any kind of deliverance technique.

"So, Ivy, how have you been?" I asked, looking straight at her. "How was your vacation? We all missed you, even Buzz, although he'll never admit it."

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

NBP#5

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

“I could do with a bit of a rest I guess,” Chainy said, taking a seat on a rock. Dual went over to Sasha and half demonstrated the last attack he used, probably showing her the specifics of his moves. She liked to see Pokémon working together like that. Haji had helped her Chandelure master her Hidden Power in the same way.

“So, Ivy, how have you been? How was your vacation? We all missed you, even Buzz, although he'll never admit it.”

She laughed at his words, able to imagine Buzz grudgingly avoiding the topic and changing the subject by getting into a fight with the other Ranger. She went over and sat next to him, looking out into the calm field of snow and realizing how much she had missed her job and the people in it. Haji curled up at her feet for a few moments of rest, and she scratched his ears before answering Chainy's quesiton.

“On the whole it was good. I think I needed it. The beginning started off rough because I got sick immediately. We think it was from the heat, though it was probably because my head was swimming from all those feelings. That mountain...” She trailed off, thinking back to how strange everything had been on that run. She shrugged. “I don't really want to repeat it.”

The weather wasn't too chilly, but she thought this would be a good time for hot chocolate or something. Chainy was one of the people she missed the most since he actually took a lot of the stuff she said seriously. Sure, she joked around with him too, but he was one of the few people she could talk to. She had been worried that the events on the mountain would damage the friendship they had, but so far she hadn't seen any evidence of it. She hoped it hadn't.

Haji's ears perked up as he rose his head, and Ivy immediately reached out with her own senses to see what was up. A snowball was rolling toward them, crunching the snow as it approached. The form stopped about three feet from them in a whoosh of snow that flung toward them.

A small ice cream cone chirped at them, its blue eyes curling with the smile on its face. It had a swirly top, and its base was shaped just like a waffle cone. Tiny stub arms waved around at them.

“There's a Vanillite. Anyone you know looking for one?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Vanillite: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

13 Encounters Remaining
Timburr Disk: 2/5
Area Effects: It's calm and dark.
Pokémon Encountered: Snover, Vanillite
MCR: 1,673/4,000 [Common Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Old 08-13-2011, 11:51 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Ivy talked about how the vacation had been good, and she'd needed it. Apparently she still thought about the Deckbi run too - my heart ached when I remembered it. I'd done so much wrong up there. All I could do was hope that Ivy had forgiven me, but so far she'd given no sign of that. I sighed quietly but made no other outward sign of my distress. Dual shot me a quick look but returned to his conference with Sasha.

We sat in silence as the snow gently drifted down. A crunching rolling sound soon pervaded the air. I looked up and saw something pretty random. A sphere of snow was rolling towards us. When it was about a metre away, the ball exploded, revealing a strange looking Pokemon. It chirped happily and waved its arms around in some kind of dance. It occurred to me that this Vanillite was very young.

“There's a Vanillite. Anyone you know looking for one?” Ivy asked me.

I wasn't sure. Jakk didn't want one and I wasn't sure about Jathan. My contact probably didn't want one either. Still, it was against my nature to pass up rare Pokemon, and I could always just release it if something more powerful crossed my path later on.

The question was to choose which Pokemon to use. Dual was immediately out - he'd smash the little Ice-type far too hard. I kind of felt like trying to battle with Sasha - she wasn't quite as strong with Dual, and I wanted to get to know her better, but something in her eyes told me she wasn't ready to accept commands from me yet. Perhaps if I demonstrated skills with my other Pokemon she'd come to respect me. I detached Meta's PokeBall from my belt and dropped it onto the ground. A white light flared up, revealing the large blue crab-like Pokemon. He murmured a greeting to me and I rapped his underside.

"Hey buddy, you're up," I said to him.

He nodded. Technically, Metagross didn't have genders, but Meta liked to pretend he was male, and I felt closer to him when he assumed this facade, because he was more easily relatable. He was already more intelligent and powerful than myself, so having something in common, even something small like a gender helped immensely.

"Okay, this should be nice and quick," I said to Meta. "Let's hit this thing hard and fast. Use your Meteor Mash, but combine it with a Bullet Punch to help with the accuracy and speed."

Meta made the strange low-pitched whining sound that experience had taught me he made when he was charging up an attack. His two fists began to glow bright white. I'd seen a Metagross fire Meteor Mashes from orbit once, but that was overkill on a little Pokemon like this. Best to just use it in its normal style - a punch imbued with the essence of Metagross' otherworldly metal body. However, instead of throwing an unwieldy swing towards the Vanillite Meta blurred forwards, leaving gray streaks in the air behind him.

Strictly speaking, Bullet Punch's speed wouldn't directly improve Meteor Mash's accuracy, but considering Metagross had four supercomputer brains and insanely quick reflexes he should have enough time to redirect the attack if it strayed off course. At least, that's what I hoped.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: M or F?)

BP#2

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

She didn't think Chainy would go for it at first. He didn't show any signs of wanting to battle, so she prepared to try and move on. From what she heard, Vanillite were pretty common up here on the cold mountain. A lot of Trainers had been leaving with them, and there hadn't been a lot of Disks purchased from the shop.

He surprised her then, when he dropped a Pokéball off of his belt to release his Metagross. The large, blue steel Pokémon made dents in the snow with all of its crab legs as it got used to the new surroundings. The Pokémon weighed a ton and was almost as tall as she was. She just hoped Chainy was careful with the little ice cream Pokémon.

He rapped the underside of the metal behemoth affectionately as Metagross rumbled its greeting, sort of like how football players knocked each others shoulders before a match. “Hey, buddy, you're up,” he said, and the Metagross responded with a nod. “Okay, this should be nice and quick. Let's hit this thing hard and fast. Use your Meteor Mash, but combine it with a Bullet Punch to help with the accuracy and speed.”

The mecha's parts started to whine as they charged up its attacks. Combining the two attacks was probably a good idea because Metagross was pretty slow until it got running for a bit. It was kinda like the old truck her father used to have. In the Winter, they had to let it run for about ten minutes before they trusted it enough to drive in it.

The Vanillite wasn't dormant though, and while Metagross was busy, it was doing work of its own. Ivy saw it concentrating with a focused look on its face. It shook as it expelled power, and soon the Ranger saw pointed spears made of ice rise out of the ground. There were tons of tiny points growing out of the earth in no particular pattern. The snow parted for them, and they continued growing even after Metagross was ready to strike.

In a streak of gray, it charged with its fist out, propelled by the working parts inside. It shot like a rocket, sailing toward the Ice-type. Metagross knocked through one of the sill-rising ice towers and broke it clean off, sending the ice shards flying everywhere. It smashed into the little Vanillite with a loud smack, and she though she heard ice cracking.

At first she was worried for the little Pokémon, since it didn't get up right away. She was about to go check on it when it sat up and shook its head back and forth to clear the sticky snow off. Then, with a loud cry, it got up and blew into the air.

A fog of crystalline ice breath spewed out, thick with chunks of snow and ice that sprayed with a little force behind it. The Vanillite adjusted its body and rotated to the left, to the right, and then back again, like someone would use a flamethrower.

The frost hit Metagross hard, seeping into its joints to freeze its parts while shooting it backward. It reflectively drew its limbs in, and then it was knocked around like a game of pinball. Metagross slammed into one tower then was shot off toward another until it banged around enough to get out of the spiky trap and back toward Chainy. The spears were thicker near the base, so they didn't break this time even with Meta's weight.

Now it looked like they had to go through a forest of weapons to get to the small Vanillite that was taking a breather on the other side. It was pretty worn out already, probably because it was so small compared to the other Pokémon. It'd probably be ready for capture soon if they could get over to it.

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Vanillite: 54% [Used Icicle Spear and Frost Breath]
Brave M Metagross: 85% [Used Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch]

---

Trainer Stats

13 Encounters Remaining
MCR: 4,775/4,000 [Common Rank]

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Metagross @ 85%

Old 08-15-2011, 11:10 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

As Meta streaked towards the Vanillite, small white needles began to rise out of the snow. Meta kept on charging, snapping the tips of the points like twigs as he rushed towards his target. I was interested in what the Ice-type was trying to accomplish - originally I thought that it was trying to make a barricade of ice to stop the Metagross from completing his attack, but the spires behind him continued to grow.

The attack made contact with the Vanillite, smashing into the little Ice-type's body. It was launched backwards and it fell onto a drift of snow, which poofed out in all directions. The Vanillite took ages to get up - I thought I had accidentally knocked it out in one hit until it got up and shook the snow off of its head. I smiled, because I certainly didn't want to go to the trouble of battling this Pokemon just to have it faint on me.

The Vanillite began shaking a little bit, and it emitted a strange cry. A visible, pervasive mist drifted out of its mouth. Its body jittered from side to side as more and more of the mist was expelled, reminding me somewhat of a lawn sprinkler. The mist suddenly leaped toward Meta and crashed into him, knocking him backwards. I was moderately shocked - it was hard to believe that something with such a small physical presence had the raw strength required to push the heavy Metagross backwards. It also appeared to sink into his joints, and he quickly retracted them to spare them any damage. Unfortunately, this meant that he lost all traction on the snowy surface and the mist knocked him around between many of the icy towers, which were now taller than me. I was again surprised - the icicles weren't broken by Meta knocking into them, so they must have been made of very stern stuff indeed.

Meta finally came to rest in front of me, and I considered my options. There was a whole battlefield of dangerous objects between Meta and the Vanillite, which made me feel less inclined to order a physical attack. Furthermore, as demonstrated by its Frost Breath attack, the Vanillite's stronger moves were close-range ones. That would indicate that the best course of action was to attack from a distance.

Unfortunately, I had concentrated on enhancing my Metagross' physical abilities due to the powerhouse that he is. He knew very few special attacks, and the ones that I had taught him (like Grass Knot) would be worse than useless here. I was stumped until I remembered a move that was often overlooked. A move that many Pokemon got, but not until they were fully evolved. A move that Metagross learned naturally, and therefore was more proficient with.

"Meta, hit that Vanillite with a Hyper Beam!" I cried.

Meta extended his front two legs and clamped them into the snow. They'd provide the counterbalance needed to offset the power of the Hyper Beam. A blindingly bright orb began to materialise and grow in front of his eyes. It spun around as it enlarged, slight wisps of gray the only imperfection visible to the naked eye. The attack cast light across the whole battlefield, illuminating the ice spires and casting rainbows through some of the clearer ones.

Thankfully, Hyper Beam required a recharge rest as opposed to a charge time, so it was ready to fire quickly, especially considering Meta was already proficient with the move. A huge column of bright white light burst out of the ball, towards the Vanillite. I could only hope that it would hit - in addition to requiring the user to rest, Hyper Beam was also inaccurate. Still, I palmed a Park Ball and waited for the attack to complete. At least the illumination would help make my throw easier.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-20-2011, 07:16 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Hey, listen! /annoying fairy voice. M or F?)

BP#3

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Chainy deliberated for a moment, and then his face brightened as he seemed to think of something. “Meta, hit that Vanillite with a Hyper Beam!” he called.

Hyper Beam was a super powerful attack that made the user stop for a rest after shooting the massive beam off. Ivy was surprised Metagross could learn it, and even moreso that he was something they learned in the wild too, without any human interaction. It would probably be strong enough to make it through the spikes, unless of course, it missed. Strong attacks had a nasty habit of doing that at the most crucial time.

The metal behemoth got ready to attack, bracing its front crab legs into the snow so it had some form of support when it shot. It'd probably make the shot more accurate if the Pokémon wasn't getting jostled around while trying to do it. A glowing white orb began to spin and grow in front of the Metagross then, and Ivy heard the engines start to charge up.

Chainy got out a Park Ball when Metagross fired, probably hoping to use the attack as a distraction. Vanillite was already pretty tired out, and if this move connected, it was going to be even worse off.

The battlefield lit up as a solid beam of light shot out from the orb, reflecting off the icy spires and bouncing off the pure white snow. It crashed through the towers, sending them crumbling into tiny shards and dust.

The Vanillite saw what was coming, and with a cry and an energy that shot through the air, the icy shards that Metagross had broken flew straight back at it, making sharp clunks in his armor. The Ice-type was blasted by the attack, knocked backward and onto its side. It spun around like a top from the impact dizzy and tired.

Chainy picked that time to throw, and the ball enclosed around the Pokémon with ease. Ivy had to go around the remains of the ice towers to get to it. She put the ball in her pocket as she debated what to do about the ice chunks. She sort of wanted to leave them, since Pokémon made improvements to their environment all the time up here, but another part of her wanted to clear them away to make it easier for other Trainers and Rangers to come through.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she turned toward Chainy, his height allowing her to see him through the spikes. “Do you want to let Meta rest or should we keep going?”

---

---

Trainer Stats

13 Encounters Remaining
Pokémon Captured: Lax M Snover, Brave ??? Vanillite

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Metagross @ 81%