Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 08-26-2011, 10:56 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Re: Individual RP: WinterVines

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy didn't reply. I was a bit worried - her face began to take on the same expression she had worn on the latter half of our Deckbi run. I was about to step over and ask her if she was alright when I felt a calming wave of emotion wash outwards from Haji. Ivy's face calmed a bit, and she focused back on the battle. She must have sent her commands telepathically again. My eyes moved over to the Meditite, and I could see that it was watching Haji very carefully.

Small rocks and pieces of snow rose slowly into the air around Haji as the psychic cat charged his mental abilities. The Meditite held out its hand towards the Espeon and a white stream of energy flew towards Haji. The beam gently wrapped around Haji and some of the rocks and snow drifted back to hover around the Fighting-type. I recognised it as a Psych Up. How did the Meditite know that Haji was going to increase his strength?

I scratched my head, and I suddenly realised what was happening. No doubt the ghost was playing games with Ivy's head, trying to make her think that her thoughts were open. But the actual answer was much more simple. Meditite was one of the few Pokemon with access to the Telepathy Ability! The Wild Pokemon must have been intercepting Ivy's commands!

"Ivy, the Meditite has Telepathy!" I called out. "It can read your thoughts!"

Before Ivy could reply, all of the small objects near both Pokemon fell to the ground. The Meditite was faster than Haji - it plunged its hands into the ground and a small cluster of rocks fell from the ceiling, striking Haji. However, it didn't seem to do much damage, although one particularly big rock did strike his paw. Haji was quick to retaliate. He suddenly jerked forward, like he was feinting a headbutt. The Meditite was knocked backwards through the air. It backflipped through the air, landing with a large splash in the river. It didn't emerge for half a minute, and when it did it was chattering and rubbing its arms. That water must have been freezing cold.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Female Meditite: 55%, SATK+1, SDEF+1 (used Psych Up, Rock Tomb)

Calm Male Espeon: 93%, SATK+1, SDEF+1, SPD-1 (used Calm Mind, Psychic)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Ivy Frost
Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?)
Pokemon Captured: Docile Swinub(F); Hardy Machop(M)
Picture Value: 1500
CC since last Encounter: 9574 / 9000, (20187 / 13500)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - ACTIVE
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Calm
TM/HM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute, Protect, Psyshock
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell, Stored Power, Signal Beam, Growth

Haxbat (M) - Crobat - 84%
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Careful
TM/HM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Grass, Steel Wing
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird, Nasty Plot, Heatwave, Super Fang, Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt

Ambipom (M) - 69%
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-turn, Low Sweep, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Work Up
BM/SM/MT: Fake Out, Seed Bomb

Candle (F) - Chandelure - 100%
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Brave
TM/HM: Flame Charge, Calm Mind, Hidden Power Electric
BM/SM/MT: None

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: I changed my mind about trying to capture. If it fails, oh well.)

TP#16

Meditite copied Haji's strength increase just like it had knew their move before, and even though the Espeon didn't take much damage, she still didn't like it.

“Ivy, the Meditite has Telepathy,” Chainy called. “It can read your thoughts!”

She looked over to Chainy before back out onto the field just in time to see the fighter call down rocks on her cat. Haji was always good at dodging though, and he managed to evade and turn his momentum into a moment to attack. Meditite flew back into the river like she had hoped. Really, it was just a distraction, since the creature was chattering her teeth together and rubbing her arms. She didn't have much else, especially if her thoughts were being read.

That was interesting then, since Telepathy usually only made it easier to share thoughts with partners in order to plot and evade attacks and such. Could the ghost be helping it? Manipulating its powers into something more? It seemed like she learned very little from her break then, if random wild Pokémon were breaking into her head that easily. She always tried to keep a bit of a guard up, just in case, and she had thought she strengthened it earlier because of the ghost's messing around.

It seemed she had a lot to learn then, if a wild Pokémon could break through both her and Haji's defenses. What would happen if someone really skilled or dangerous tried to break through? Oh right, the Froslass already had, and now they were on some sort of battle quest as they tried to reach her. She made a frustrated sound as her nails dug into her palms. It shouldn't really matter anyway, as the Meditite would simply hear them if they called moves out loud anyway. Maybe hearing them as thoughts gave her a couple extra seconds to prepare?

“Are you okay, Haji?” she asked, not caring if Meditite heard her. The cat nodded in response and made his senses come alive again, waiting for her next idea.

She supposed it didn't matter if the fighter heard her or not with the idea she was letting form in her mind. She shielded extra hard just in case that'd make a difference. She took another look around the room, seeing the flowing water and the glowing spots of plants in the enclosed room. Then she got Haji's attention. “The room would be pretty bright if we could light it up, don't you think?” she said, hoping Haji would get the reference. It wouldn't hurt to try and code their messages. “As Janice would say, kill it with fire,”she spoke silently, quoting someone from the office.

She wasn't sure Haji was going to get what she was telling him to do, but then she felt the amused waves coming off of him. He was smart, she knew, so he'd probably be fine. She got the idea from the glowing things in the room. Haji was supposedly going to use Sunny Day to make it seem like they were under the sun. The light that radiated from the burning ball that appeared should reflect off of everything, making it an ultra bright setting.

Then, using the power from the sun, Haji would unleash his Hidden Power. Espeon weren't able to learn any fire moves naturally, but Haji's power allowed him to manipulate the flames. If the light distracted Meditite too much, they could probably hit pretty hard. That was their goal now. She didn't want them stuck here all day. The fire would maybe help dry off the wild Pokémon too. Sure, they were battling, but she wasn't going to make it suffer. It wasn't her fault the Froslass picked on her.

“Then, kill the lights so you can use that art you taught to Candle. Just be careful not to knock her out.”

The art she was referring to was Shadow Ball of course, a Ghost-type move that tended to really wear down a Psychic-type's spirit. It was crafted a spinning energy ball from the shadows. It was neat to watch the darkness streak forward and join in the attack. That's why Haji would have to kill the power to the makeshift sun. If there was too much light, there wouldn't be enough shadows for him to use. The darkest place was between two objects, but even so, that might not be enough. Going from super light to very dark again might throw her off too, and that was going to help for what Ivy was going to do next.

The two attacks should be enough to wear the fighter out to capture. She pulled a Park Ball from her vest pocket and palmed it, twisting the ball around in her hand as she waited for the action to start. She'd wait to throw until after the Shadow Ball was launched.

Haji gathered energy, and the flow of the room changed. The stone on his forehead began to glow bright, and the Espeon prepared to bray to the ceiling. Ivy tensed to throw.

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 08-27-2011, 11:18 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Not counting the Mienfoo MCR from here on cos you've buried it at this point.

~~~~~

Ivy threw me a look, a frustrated one. I could tell she wasn't very happy with the latest turn of events. Perhaps she was expecting too much out of her bond? I knew when my bond with Dual had settled down, I tried using his power to create and throw energy projectiles like his Psycho Cut. It had not gone well. I shuddered and looked at my hand - that was an experience I wasn't going to repeat any time soon, although Dual assured me that it was theoretically possible for me to do so. I'd stick to my pistol, thanks.

I'd almost forgotten the firearm underneath my jacket. I put my hand over it - even though it would be useless against whatever spectre was using us, it lent me a familiar comfort. It helped me to calm down as I watched the battle.

Ivy still hadn't said a word, so I assumed she was still communicating to Haji telepathically. I was about to ask if she was okay when a bright yellow orb rose upwards from the Espeon, blinding me temporarily. I looked away and rubbed my eyes, trying to fix the blue spots that had appeared. When I looked back, I saw several small fireballs flying towards the Meditite. They pelted the Fighting-type like stones, forcing it to its knees.

Then, surprisingly, the faux-Sun disappeared. My eyes had already begun to adjust to the light though, so I turned on the night vision mode of my lens. I could just see that Haji had begun to form a dark purple sphere. The Meditite slammed its hands into the ground, and I saw small forms shudder underneath the earth, going towards Haji. Large vines erupted from the ground and wrapped around Haji, pulling him hard into the ground. He mewled a little bit as his legs splayed out and around, but he continued to charge the Shadow Ball. The Medite increased the power of the Grass Knot, trying to get Haji to break off the attack, but the Espeon would not. He fired the orb at the Meditite, and it whipped towards its target unbelievably quickly. When it struck the Meditite firmly in its chest, it exploded, and the Meditite fell forward onto its face. The vines slackened and Haji was able to slip out and slowly limp backwards. He wasn't too badly hurt, but his legs had been stretched in a weird way.

Ivy threw a ParkBall towards the fallen Meditite. It arced through the air and tapped the Fighting-type on its helmeted head. The Wild Pokemon was absorbed and captured inside of a couple seconds - it must have been too tired to fight.

I stood up to go get the capture device, but Dual teleported it into my hand for me. I murmured my thanks and walked quickly towards Ivy, intending to check on Haji. Hopefully he was alright - if not, Ivy had healing items. Worst case, Dual's Wish technique could restore him to health.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?)
Pokemon Captured: Docile Swinub(F); Hardy Machop(M)
CC since last Encounter: 0 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 79%
TM/HM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute, Protect, Psyshock

TM/HM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Grass, Steel Wing
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird, Nasty Plot, Heatwave, Super Fang, Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt

Ambipom (M) - 69%
TM/HM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-turn, Low Sweep, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Work Up

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x2, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-27-2011, 04:32 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Okay. So I got enough of the extra MCR for 100% rate? And short post is shoooort.)

TP#17

For once, their impromptu plan had worked out, and Ivy felt the relief wash over her. Meditite was captured without any more trouble, and that fuzzy part of her brain had even calmed its buzzing down a little. She didn't celebrate yet though; Haji had gotten hurt by that last attack.

Immediately she was kneeling at his side where he was still downed. The purple cat was pushing to his feet, but he was doing it slowly. That Grass Knot had pinned him hard.

“Are you okay?” she asked him quietly.

He got his feet under him and sat down, perching like a cat would. His soft voice was only slightly strained against her mind. “I am fine. The fighter will be a strong battler. The ghost is down a warrior.” He seemed rather pleased with himself. Even though he was calm, there was that satisfied aura around him that cats got.

She reached out and hugged him tight, closing her eyes and just being thankful he was okay. “Thank you,” she told him. “I know you don't like straightforward rapid fighting like that.”

“It was my pleasure."

She let him go and stood up, watching Haji carefully as he rose to walk around. He didn't limp, so she just had to trust he knew his body best. Then she turned to Chainy. “I'm ready to move on whenever you are. I wonder how many others she's manipulated,” she mused, talking about the Froslass they would still have to deal with.

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 08-28-2011, 05:10 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy moved quickly towards her Espeon and knelt down, hugging him tight.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

I couldn't hear the cat's reply, but he affectionally rubbed his head against her chin.

“Thank you,” she murmured. “I know you don't like straightforward rapid fighting like that.”

Ivy then stood up and watched Haji carefully as he began to walk around again. It looked like he was recovering - his legs were working okay again. Satisfied, Ivy turned to me and spoke up.

“I'm ready to move on whenever you are," Ivy said to me. "I wonder how many others she's manipulated."

"Too many," I replied stonily.

We forded the stream at its most shallow point - the water only came up to our shoes. Ivy's tall boots protected her feet completely, but some managed to slip in over the top of my black sneakers. Before heading up the staircase, I was intending to sit down on a small white stone to get the water out of my shoes. However, just before I sat down I recognised the rock's pattern of ridges. It was an inanimate Shelgon, probably sleeping.

"I don't suppose you want to battle that?" I asked Ivy. "We can probably sneak past it."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 7 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?); ??? Shelgon(?)
Pokemon Captured: Docile Swinub(F); Hardy Machop(M); Naive Meditite(F)
CC since last Encounter: 1366

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 79%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x2, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-28-2011, 02:43 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Just in case 23,500 – 500 = 23,000)

TP#18

They continued on without much of a fuss after that, traveling down the length of the river until they found a shallow point. It was just a several inches, more than enough to let them through without risk of chills or being swept into the current. Ivy's boots let her slosh through it without a problem, and she lifted Haji over so he wouldn't get his paws wet. She didn't want him trying to jump the distance, even though it wasn't that far, because of the previous battle. He could still be sore and just not be saying anything.

Chainy, however, got some in his sneakers as he trekked through, something he was going to have to take care of right away or risk frostbite. Even though they were in a cave, it was still cold. She could still see her breath, and wet things froze even faster. She didn't want to cut his toes off. Only the current of the river kept it thawed.

The Ranger was about to sit down to empty the water out when he realized what his seat was going to be. A sleeping Shelgon was there, the ridges coming into view only after she had looked at it for a minute. It blended in pretty well.

“I don't suppose you want to battle that?” he asked.

She shook her head, liking the idea of sneaking past it. If it woke and grumbled, she'd use a doll of course, but for now, if they were quiet, maybe they could get away. “We'll have to stop up there so you can get rid of that water.”

Last edited by WinterVines; 08-29-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:54 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy shook her head in response. “We'll have to stop up there so you can get rid of that water," she added, pointing up the staircase.

"Yeah, I'd better," I replied. "I'd kinda like to keep my feet."

We snuck quietly past the Shelgon, walking on tiptoes and everything. The Dragon-type didn't move, though - it would probably never realise how close it had come to being captured. That was good.

We moved partway up the staircase and I took a seat, pulling off my shoes. A bit of water sloshed out and ran down the stairs, past the immobile Shelgon. I could already feel the chill in my toes, but I had a plan. I pulled out my medkit and retrieved a small plastic bag filled with blue liquid. I twisted it sharply around the middle and a soft bubbling sound filled the air. The liquid inside the bag foamed up and emitted a gentle but steady heat. I placed it on the top of my feet and exhaled as the warmth spread back into my feet. I closed my eyes, and listened to the dripping water.

Until I realised that what I hearing was footsteps and not dripping water. I quickly turned around to see a Smoochum standing a few steps above us. It jumped the steps one at a time and pulled on Ivy's boot like it wanted to be picked up. The Mienfoo sitting on my back narrowed its eyes and emitted shaky little hiss, clearly jealous and warning the Ice-type to be careful.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 7 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?); ??? Shelgon(?); ??? Smoochum(?)
CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 79%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-29-2011, 03:10 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: In case 17,500 – 500 = 17,000)

TP#19

Thankfully the Shelgon stayed sleeping, and they snuck by without any trouble. Eventually the path twisted and turned to take them to a staircase. There were ice patches and snow piles covering the slightly wider steps, so they'd have to be careful. Ivy went up a couple before Chainy stopped to fix his shoes.

He pulled out a medkit from his pack, getting one of those liquid warming packets out. He twisted the thing, activating the heat, and then dumped out his shoe before fitting his foot and the heat source inside. They all rested for a moment until tiny footsteps were heard. Ivy looked down at a pressure, seeing a Smoochum tug at her boot. She looked like she wanted to be picked up.

To Ivy's surprise, Mienfoo narrowed his eyes and hissed, the little ears on the top of his head flattening as far down as they could. It looked like someone was jealous. The girl had to smile a little at that, shaking her head slightly. The little fighter stepped off of Chainy's pack and moved over to her, crawling close and wrapping his arms around her leg, as if he was claiming his property.

Ivy reached down to pick him up, and he made pleased sounds as he nuzzled into her. She didn't miss the look Mienfoo gave the Ice-type though. “Sorry, little girl,” she said, trying to soothe it. The Pokémon had begun to pout. “We've got something very dangerous to take care of. Maybe next time.”

She gave a nod to Chainy, indicating that they should move on. She'd use a doll of the Smoochum was insistent though; she didn't want the little thing to cry.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:51 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Yeah, pay up.

~~~~~

As the Smoochum continued to pull insistently on Ivy's leg, the Mienfoo became even less happy. He climbed down from my pack and hugged Ivy's other leg, looking daggers at the Ice-type.. Ivy shook her head and picked up the little Fighting-type, who promptly began rubbing his head against her shoulder. This didn't seem to deter the Smoochum though, and neither did the ominous looks the Mienfoo was shooting at the baby Pokemon.

“Sorry, little girl,” Ivy said in a gentle voice to the Smoochum. “We've got something very dangerous to take care of. Maybe next time.”

The Smoochum began to pout, which became even more pronounced. Tears began to well up in her eyes.

I walked over to Ivy and nudged her gently with my shoulder. "Give the little one a doll," I whispered to her.

Ivy nodded and pulled a doll out of her bag and handed it to the Smoochum. It was one of the traditional Clefairy-shaped ones. The tears immediately vanished from the Wild Pokemon's eyes and it laughed happily as it squeezed its new friend. It ran away from us down the staircase, dragging the doll behind it, which bounced off every step. The Mienfoo watched it go from over Ivy's shoulder, and then huffed, as if to say Good riddance. I grinned and took the lead.

After another couple minutes climbing, we arrived in a long thin room about five metres high. There were small outcroppings of rock at various heights that were well-worn - this room screamed of training grounds. The rocks were probably used as gym equipment.

I looked closer at a thin brown rock in the middle of the room, and I realised that it wasn't a rock at all. It was a perfectly motionless Hitmonlee. As soon as I saw it for what it was the ghostly chuckle of the Froslass pervaded the room.

I tire of your pathetic pace, it said languidly. Here is another challenge for you to surpass.

"What do you think, Ivy?" I turned my head to look at her.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 6 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?); ??? Shelgon(?); ??? Smoochum(?); ??? Hitmonlee(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 79%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:
Disk
Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x2, Intermediate Voice (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#20

Now they had a problem. The ghastly remnants of the Froslass's words still echoed in her ears along with the buzzing in her head. Mienfoo shivered once all traces of the ghost where gone, and Ivy held him tight.

She didn't want to fight the Hitmonlee, but she was wary of what would happen if they didn't. They had to be close to reaching the Froslass, but, depending on how many warriors were still running around, that could take a long time. The buzzing in her head reminded her of what could happen if this didn't work out. She didn't really want to be a vegetable.

The Hitmonlee opened his eyes, and they were coated with a misty blue, just like she thought they would be. She faced him squarely, trying to see what was left of the original Pokémon in there. She couldn't really tell without probing his mind, but that might stir him. So far he had just stayed still. Was it possible for the wild Pokémon to fight the ghost's hold on them?

“I don't want to fight,” she said slowly. “If we can defeat the ghost, the hold she has on all these Pokémon will probably break. I think we should get to her as fast as we can.” Haji nodded beside her, still tense, waiting for the fighting Pokémon to move. Mienfoo was still in her arms. “I'll fight if I have to.”

She could maybe break the mind stuff Froslass was using if they had to battle, but it made the most sense to her to go straight to the source. However, she wouldn't let this Pokémon suffer if the ghost tried to make him fight. She nodded to Chainy, prepared to go, but also prepared to fight.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy faced the tall Fighting-type without any fear whatsoever. She moved a little closer to it and spoke to it in a cool and calming tone.

“I don't want to fight. If we can defeat the ghost, the hold she has on all these Pokémon will probably break. I think we should get to her as fast as we can,” she suggested. I couldn't really tell who she was talking to - me or the Hitmonlee. However, she did inform me that she would fight if she had to.

The Hitmonlee looked her over, as if it was considering it. Suddenly, one of its clunky hands shot to its forehead as if a sudden migraine had sprung up. It fell to its knees started making a low groaning noise. It just managed to open its eyes and use its other arm to wave us past. I grabbed Ivy's arm and we rushed past it, heading for the passage on the other side of the makeshift gym. As we moved I heard an inhuman shriek of rage - apparently the Froslass didn't like it when we denied her her sport.

The tunnel we rushed into was much like any other, except it had started to level out. There were small patches of the glowing moss here and there, but it wasn't as common as before - apparently that was a subterranean feature of the mountain. I was feeling confident until suddenly the passageway forked into two directions. The left fork sloped upwards, but when I took a good look I realised that it faded into darkness. The right fork stayed leveled out, but at least visibility wasn't impeded.

"What do you think, Ivy?" I asked her.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?); ??? Shelgon(?); ??? Smoochum(?); ??? Hitmonlee(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 79%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-30-2011, 01:04 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#21

Ivy felt horrible as she heard the echoing cries of the Hitmonlee, knowing he was putting himself through a mental anguish for defying the ghost. Most Fighting-types were honorable, and by her saying that she didn't want to fight, he decided he wasn't going to make her. She couldn't really say no if he was waving them on. Ultimately it was his choice, and she was glad to see that Froslass's magic wasn't absolute.

Mienfoo was a bit subdued in her arms, with his ears folded down from the terrible noise. She hoped he wasn't getting scared again, seeing how he was just starting to get used to them. He stayed huddled close as they continued on in the tunnel, silently watching the patches of moss they passed.

The buzzing in her head hadn't increased in pace, still keeping to that same rhythmic haze. Ivy wasn't sure what that meant. The ghost could be too busy with Hitmonlee to deal with her just yet, or maybe she was waiting until they reached her. The other hopeful possibility was that the ghost was just leaving her alone or maybe couldn't get through the extra barriers she put up on her mind. One could hope.

Eventually they came to a split in the path. One side led on to the right, an even path that continued on the room they were in. The path to the left led up though, and it was probably closer to the exit. They still had to get to the other cave network. The only downside was that the left path was the looming darkness. They weren't going to be able to see a thing.

Chainy asked her what she thought, and she didn't take long to think. “Ghosts like the dark right? Arceus hates a coward. Let's go left.”

Even if it didn't lead to Froslass, it was sure to be interesting. Ivy started humming a quiet tune as she marched onward, and the tones echoed off the stone.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:50 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Ghosts like the dark right?" Ivy asked me. "Arceus hates a coward. Let's go left.”

I nodded and we progressed into the darkness. It never really got pitch-black, although it certainly was dark enough to give me pause. I felt a small stir of wind, which encouraged me and drove me onwards. The passage opened up into an bowl-shaped room, with many small pillars sticking up out of the floor. It looked almost like a section of a river with stepping stones but drained of all the water. Standing on the middle pillar was a black and blue fox-like Pokemon, staring straight at us and daring us to try to get past it.

The Mienfoo started squeaking and struggling to get free of Ivy's arms. The Ranger wasn't ready so the little weasel slipped out of her arms and jumped across the pillars towards the Lucario. When it reached the Steel-type it jumped up and down happily, asking to be picked up. The Lucario's eyes snapped open, and even from all the way over here I could see that the normally red eyes were deepest blue.

The Lucario raised its right arm and I quickly snapped a message to Dual. The Gallade was on top of it though - he teleported out there, grabbed the Mienfoo, and teleported back just in time. The Lucario's swing swooshed through thin air. Dual and the Mienfoo reappeared in front of Ivy. The Mienfoo was staring at the Lucario with lost eyes, tears welling up.

What's going on? I asked Dual.

<I think the Mienfoo knows that Lucario somehow,> my partner replied. <Probably a foster parent or something. It must be devastating to see it under the control of the Froslass.>

Yeah, I replied sadly. I considered relaying this news to Ivy, but I knew Haji would do so if he thought it was a good idea. So instead, I just played the part of the good little Ranger, asking Ivy if she wanted to battle the Lucario. However, my heart was breaking, watching the little Mienfoo being in abject horror.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?); ??? Shelgon(?); ??? Smoochum(?); ??? Hitmonlee(?); ??? Lucario(?)
CC since last Encounter: 1791 / 35000

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 79%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-31-2011, 05:36 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: This is probably one of my favorite posts. Of all time. XD Just sayin'. You picked a great battle ground. Also M please.)

TP#22

The path was black, but it wasn't blindingly so. She may have just gotten used to the lack of light, or maybe there was some hidden brightness slightly illuminating their way. She had her hand trailing on the wall to her right anyway, just in case there was a sharp turn or a dip in the path. The stone eventually went from its rocky, cold surface to something a little smoother.

Mienfoo's mind was mostly settled, as far as she could tell. She and Haji had tried a little bit of mental connecting after he seemed to get used to them. Haji asked first, of course, with the idea that anchoring himself to their minds would help him not feel so alone and scared. The little fighter had been on board for that, and the humming resonance their connected minds created made Ivy feel a little better too.

When her hand ran out of wall, the way had brightened up quite a bit and they had managed to make it to a large room. It was bowl-shaped, the middle sinking down like it had once held a body of water. Rocks jutted up out of it, making pillars in the dirt dish. A form on top of the center structure drew her eyes immediately.

It was a mix between a dog and a fox, but it stood upright like a human. Blue fur coated its body, and its middle was cream-colored in the shape of a tunic. Spikes protruded from its dark-colored hands and its chest, and its ears stood up straight on the top of its head in a mirror image. A dark band wrapped around its face and pointed snout to bleed out into its ears, like a mask. Every inch of this Pokémon screamed fighter. She already knew that though, from what it was. Chainy had run into a Riolu earlier, and now she had come across the final evolution stage: Lucario.

Mienfoo started crying out in his squeaking voice as soon as they spotted the blue fighter, and Ivy was so surprised that he easily slid out of her arms and jumped on to the nearest raised platform. The little one skipped across them until he landed on the one with the Lucario, a happy aura waving out from him. Ivy's heart jumped as she felt a fraction of what the Mienfoo was feeling from the small connection they made with him. He jumped up and down with her pulse, asking the bigger Pokémon to pick him up.

The buzzing in her head picked up at the same time though, distorting the happiness. Haji's voice was instantly brushing up against her mind, sending his smooth inquiries to her. “Something is not right,” he said, and she agreed. She could feel it.

Then, the Lucario's eyes snapped open. Even from where she was, she could see the blue tint they had to them instead of their regular red. Her eyes widened and she made to call out as the blue fighter rose his right arm back to strike the Mienfoo.

Dual was on top of that though, and before any of them could blink, he was there, grabbing Mienfoo and teleporting back to the shelf they were standing on.

Ivy's heart felt like it was going to burst. She felt Mienfoo's despair before she saw the tears welling up in his eyes. It was like a bolt right through her. That empty, lost feeling bubbled up inside her as she felt what the little fighter was feeling. It was like finding her brother was gone all over again. She was lost, and there was no getting out of the black pit.

She brought her hands up to cover her mouth with her fingers bridging her nose. A clipped-off wail came out of her, and she clenched her eyes as she tried to fight back the rush of pain. The Lucario must've been the little one's guardian or pseudo family for him to be feeling this. It was awful, but she wasn't going to sever the bond. She wouldn't let Mienfoo go through it alone. She knew Haji felt the same.

Ivy's hand was already reaching inside her vest when the buzzing in her head increased and the images started to flash across her vision. She saw herself curled up under her covers for days, lost and alone with no other family left. She was walking down a busy street in another, dragging her feet like she was a zombie, seeing nothing that was really there as she tried to function normally. She didn't think it could get much worse, but then she saw a flickering image of Haji, curled up and shaking, and that's when she snapped.

“Stop it!” she shouted, glaring into the murky dark of the cavern. It was one thing to try and torture her, but she wasn't going to let it happen to her partners too.

Her limbs shook with rage at what the ghost was playing at. She couldn't prevent Haji from seeing what she saw, and apparently that channel worked both ways. Not only was she playing memories from Ivy's own mind, but she was playing Haji's as well. She didn't want him to have to relive that.

A Park Ball fell from her vest, the swirled green ball a token from her last run. It bounced on the ground once before opening in a flash of light. A chandelier-like Pokémon appeared, her five bluish flames lighting up the dim area. She wobbled and cooed her ghastly call in a question as the ghost took in the scene. Her arms curled and uncurled slightly, and her yellow eyes immediately scanned over Ivy and Haji to make sure they were alright. Her head flame dimmed a bit as she hummed again, and Ivy looked up to nod at her.

The girl stood up straighter and took her hands off her face, brushing away the traitor tears that had tried to leak out of her eyes. Haji was pressed tightly against her legs, his own eyes clenched as he was forced to see things he didn't want to remember. Ivy tried to block hers out, and her head flared in response to the defiance. “We'll be okay, Candle,” she whispered to her Chandelure.

Of all her Pokémon save Haxbat, the Chandelure had evolved the fastest. She had just gotten her as a little Litwick on her last run, and during her few weeks of vacation, she had evolved into her most powerful form. Ivy thought that maybe it was because she loved to battle, and she could do so better when she was stronger. She had always been ready for training, and that had been helpful. Other members of her team had gotten tired after a while, so they could cycle in and out less if Candle wanted to fight more.

“Do you mind fighting now?” she asked the ghost, already knowing what the answer probably was. The Chandelure hovered up and down in response, smiling happily. Her head flame danced brightly.

Every negative feeling Froslass was sending her way fueled her drive. Where once she would have broke down and succumbed to the horrible things she was feeling, she wasn't going to be helpless any more. The bond with Haji had shown her that she was never alone as long as they had each other, and she would never be that helpless little girl again. She had become a Ranger so she could gain the knowledge she needed to find her brother, and one vengeful ghost was not going to ruin that.

“Do you think this is just a game?” she called into the ceiling. “Toying with others like they don't have feelings, it makes me sick! We're not playing your games anymore. This ends,” she finished quietly. Candle called out her battle cry, the brave little ghost never backing down from a fight. Ivy turned to her and said, “I'd never ask you to do something I didn't think you could. Show them how it's done, Candle.” The ghost bobbed happily and floated out to the nearest stone pillar, facing the Lucario with a set look on her face.

Then Ivy addressed the blue fighter, thinking of how everyone was suffering. The poor Mienfoo was shaking in Dual's arms, ready to cry. She could hear the Hitmonlee's inhuman shrieks echoing her ears. She saw Haji cowering in pain in her mind. She could still feel the emptiness that wanted to consume her. She used all of it, and it gave her a steady stream of confidence and strength. Calmness, probably learned from her Espeon partner, leaked out of her, and she could feel the energy around them swirling.

“We will battle now, and we'll free you from your mind prison or go down trying.” Ivy knew that the Froslass probably had a very deep hold on this one, and it would take more than a few hits to knock him to his senses. She'd have to capture him. That was okay though, if he was willing. Part of her wanted to take Mienfoo home too, and if she had his other guardian, he might be more pliant. If not, she'd release them back into the Park once their business was finished. She'd be saddened if that was the case though. She was a bit attached to the little fighter.

She looked to Dual and nodded. “Keep him safe.” Then she looked back to Candle. “Alright, let's start off strong. First make a web of electricity between the pillars using your Hidden Power. If Lucario tries to step off, he should get shocked. He'll probably come over the top through. If he tries to get up close and personal, ram him with a Flame Charge and take advantage of the back spring. If he goes long distance, fire back with bolts from your electro-net.”

If this worked out well, Candle would use her power to manipulate the sparks that thunder Pokémon were able to generate. She could link it like a spiders web between all the stepping places. Just passing over it should let the bolts come up and strike the Lucario if he moved, and the Chandelure would be able to control them further if she needed to use them as an attack. It wasn't fool-proof though, especially if Candle was knocked off her platform.

“If he tries to hit you, flare up the fire around you and try to burn him with your ability. We're not taking any chances today. If you fall, try to avoid the electricity. At least if you're down in the bowl you can direct the bolts easier. Try to keep the net closer to the top of the pillars.”

Everything else was going to be in the Chandelure's hands. Ivy bent down to rub Haji's ears, and he finally opened his eyes. She could feel him trying to solidify the barrier between them and the ghost even more, and she lent him her strength. She didn't think they'd be able to completely keep her out since that buzzing in her head wouldn't go away, but it was a start.

Lightning started to cackle between the rungs on Candle's arms, and all they could do now was wait.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:32 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Yay for being too lazy to recap your speech.

~~~~~

"Stop it!" Ivy shouted, presumably at the Lucario. The Steel type just stared impassively at her and returned its arm to its side, in what was obviously its fighting pose. I knew it wasn't the Lucario's fault, but that didn't stop me from wanting to jump out there and smash its face into the ground to teach it a lesson.

I was interrupted from my vengeful thoughts by a bright red light. I turned and saw a spooky Chandelure hovering in the air next to Ivy. Somehow I knew it was the Litwick that she had captured back on Deckbi. I wondered how she had afforded the Dusk Stone needed to evolve it from Lampent - rumour was our Ivy was actually pretty poor. I wasn't sure I believed it though. Nothing that fine-looking was destitute.

“Do you think this is just a game?” Ivy suddenly yelled, raising her head. “Toying with others like they don't have feelings, it makes me sick! We're not playing your games anymore."

She then moved to look at the Lucario and said to it, "“We will battle now, and we'll free you from your mind prison or go down trying."

The Lucario's eyes narrowed, and I knew the Froslass was doubting Ivy's ability to do what she said. I, however, had no doubt. Even though the Froslass was fully evolved and powerful and controlling an equally powerful fully evolved Pokemon, Candle was fully evolved too and had supereffective attacks vs both the Pokemon. If Ivy said she was going to rescue the Lucario, I considered it already rescued. This battle was just paperwork.

I watched the Lucario as Ivy rattled off her orders. It had closed its eyes and a gentle purple aura was growing around its head. It didn't even flinch as long yellow streams of electricity poured out of Candle, flowing into the battlefield like water, attaching to the pillars near the top. When the net was complete, it looked almost like yellow water was flowing through the room again.

The Lucario held both of its arms above its head and the purple glow faded, to be replaced by a disk of utter blackness hovering above the Lucario. The disk grew in size as sparks and streams of lightning jumped around, some striking the Fighting-type. Even though it flinched and shied away from the electrical attacks, it didn't stop charging the disk. When it was the size of a door, it threw the disk with one hand towards Candle. The disk spun around and danced from side to side before striking Candle and exploding into tiny little pieces of blackness that disappeared. The Chandelure was pushed backwards, closer to Ivy, but at least it didn't look too badly damaged. This was going to be a great battle.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Male Lucario: 88%, SATK+1, SDEF+1 (used Calm Mind, Dark Pulse)

Brave Female Chandelure: 90% (used Hidden Power[Electric])

~~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?); ??? Shelgon(?); ??? Smoochum(?); ??? Hitmonlee(?); ??? Lucario(?)
CC since last Encounter: 11883 / 35000

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 79%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Candle (F) - Chandelure - ACTIVE

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 09-01-2011 at 01:40 PM.