Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 08-21-2011, 03:16 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Individual RP: WinterVines

(OOC: This is probably the first time Infiltrator has ever came in handy. Also Air Cutter and Astonish if I didn't name them.)

TP#8

The Flamethrower had surprised her. It lit up the night and burned away wisps of Haxbat's fog with ease. Ivy didn't mind too much. She had mostly wanted the Haze to the Crobat would feel more comfortable. He tended to love sneaky attacks, and he usually didn't lash out until he felt safe enough to do so.

Then, Machop used Light Screen, but she was more annoyed by it than anything. It made for another obstacle they had to get around. Thankfully, having weaker attacks wasn't going to be a problem for them. The Crobat had recently mastered a new ability, allowing him to strike through screens and other guards like they weren't even there. Using his stealth, he'd be able to flash in and get around the barriers. She hadn't had a lot of time to test it outside of training, but it looked like the bat was going to get his chance.

“Nice work, Haxbat. Remember, screens don't scare you. We'll just sneak right in,” she called with a grin, and her words bounced off the Haze that was left, echoing around the field. She didn't have to worry about Haxbat hearing her, at least.

She took another look around the field. The Sludge Bomb had created pockets of poison that dotted the field. Thankfully it was just melting the snow. The spots wouldn't actually hurt the environment. If that was the case, they'd have to ban poison moves all together for Trainers in the Park. Only a few had hit Machop, deflecting off the screen since Haxbat wasn't prepared for it, but that was okay. There was material to work with now.

“Okay, Haxbat, kick up the wind and snow with an Air Cutter. Make it hard to see even more,” she said, hearing her words bounce around and echo like she was yelling. Hopefully, the flying snow would cover her Crobat's next move as well as inflict some damage. The thin slices of wind should be able to get past the screen if Haxbat controlled it right. “Then swoop in and surprise him. Make one of those faces like we saw on that Halloween poster last year. If you can knock him into one of the sludge pools, that'll do some of the work for us. Get out of there after that.”

It was a good thing Chainy didn't seem to be too bothered by the bat. If he caught sight of his next move, he might change his mind. The face had truly been frightening, with fangs extended and ears flat back and glowing orange eyes. It should be fun to see how it worked out anyway. If Haxbat could startle the Machop, there was a chance he'd fall into some of the poison that dotted the ground. If not, well, they'd figure something out from there.

Movement on the corner of her field of vision had her turning her head, and when she looked, she saw Sasha had a fear-stricken expression on her face. Dual was doing his best to soothe her, making gestures and waves with his arms while explaining something. He was probably discussing strategies to use against flyers. As long as they didn't try anything against hers, there wasn't going to be a problem.

She felt the air blow against her skin harder than it had been, and on the ground, the snow was starting to get caught in the current as Haxbat started his attack. All she could do was wait.

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 08-21-2011, 10:59 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“Nice work, Haxbat. Remember, screens don't scare you. We'll just sneak right in,” Ivy called out with a smile.

I scratched my head thoughtfully. I had heard that Crobat could master the Infiltrator Ability, but I had never met one that had done so. Apparently, Haxbat had. As I looked over at the Light Screen the Machop had put up, I noticed that the poison from the direct-hit Sludge Bombs was beginning to eat through the glowing shield and drip onto its body. It grimaced and began to sift through the snow, looking for something.

“Okay, Haxbat, kick up the wind and snow with an Air Cutter. Make it hard to see even more. Then swoop in and surprise him. Make one of those faces like we saw on that Halloween poster last year," Ivy ordered. "If you can knock him into one of the sludge pools, that'll do some of the work for us. Get out of there after that.”

Haxbat began to flap all four of his wings really hard, stirring up the wind. The moving air became visible and I could see it twisting all around the battlefield, messing with my line of sight. I closed my right eye and activated one of the filters on my lens. The battlefield reemerged, albeit red-tinged. The tornado-like lines of wind began twisting towards the Machop. The Fighting-type lowered the Light Screen to try and block the attack, but the Air Cutter smashed straight through the screen, turning it into tiny shards that peppered the snow around the Machop's feet. The wind moved through the Machop, making tiny slices all over its body.

The second the Air Cutter finished, the Crobat was suddenly right in front of the Machop. I couldn't see what it did, but the Machop yelled in fright and stumbled backwards. Some of the poisoney goop got around its legs, and it grimaced again, but it was quick to retaliate. Small darts of electricity began to play around its left fist, and it lashed out at the Crobat even as it retreated. The Thunderpunch caught Haxbat on his left lower wing, but he didn't seem too fazed by it - it must have been a glancing blow at best.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Male Machop: 19% (used Thunderpunch)

Careful Male Crobat: 84%, SATK+2 (used Air Cutter, Astonish)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Ivy Frost
Area Effects: N/A
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); ??? Machop(M)
Pokemon Captured: Docile Swinub(F)
CC since last Encounter: 6856 / 4000

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Calm
TM/HM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute, Protect, Psyshock
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell, Stored Power, Signal Beam, Growth

Haxbat (M) - Crobat - ACTIVE
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Careful
TM/HM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Grass, Steel Wing
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird, Nasty Plot, Heatwave, Super Fang, Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt

Ambipom (M) - 69%
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-turn, Low Sweep, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Work Up
BM/SM/MT: Fake Out, Seed Bomb

Candle (F) - Chandelure - 100%
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Brave
TM/HM: Flame Charge, Calm Mind, Hidden Power Electric
BM/SM/MT: None

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x4, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 08-22-2011, 04:05 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#9

The Crobat was shocked a little by the Thunderpunch Machop lashed out with. He didn't look too hurt though, thanks to getting mostly out of the way. That wasn't the first time his swiftness came in handy.

Her plans worked out more or less just how they were supposed to, and by now she could see the Machop panting a little in exertion. They weren't too fast to begin with, but this one had definitely slowed down a bit. His cruel streak wasn't even showing that much since he was focused on the battle. That made her believe he was just acting tough even more.

“Okay, Haxbat, good job. Get back here.”

The Crobat obeyed and circled around to her, hovering just ahead on her right. She rummaged around in her vest pocket again, digging through the items until she pulled out a Park Ball. It wouldn't hurt to try and capture now, seeing how the little fighter was worn out a bit. He'd be a fierce battler if she ended up taking him with her. Then she could really see if that mean streak was just an act or a phase he was going through.

“And here it goes,” she said. Then she threw the device and hoped for the best.

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 08-22-2011, 10:21 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Yay for bad posts

~~~~~

“Okay, Haxbat, good job. Get back here," Ivy called out.

The Crobat flew back over to her and began circling as she rummaged around in her bag for a ball. She pulled out one of the standard Park Balls and tossed it into the air a couple times, preparing to throw.

“And here it goes,” Ivy muttered as she threw it towards the Wild Pokemon. It arced through the air and tapped the human-shape Pokemon on its right shoulder. The Machop's form was converted into red light and absorbed into the ball. The little camo-painted sphere fell to the ground and began to shake from side to side. After a couple of seconds, the ball stilled and emitted a low-pitched tone. A red light shone out as if to greet us, signaling that the capture had worked perfectly. I walked out and picked up the ball, rubbing it against my jacket to remove the snow. I then dropped it into my pack and waved Ivy over.

"Good battle," I said to her, "Haxbat has certainly got some skills. Do you want to move on now, or take a quick break first?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: N/A
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M)
Pokemon Captured: Docile Swinub(F); Hardy Machop(M)
CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%
TM/HM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute, Protect, Psyshock

Haxbat (M) - Crobat - 84%
TM/HM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Grass, Steel Wing
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird, Nasty Plot, Heatwave, Super Fang, Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt

Ambipom (M) - 69%
TM/HM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-turn, Low Sweep, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Work Up

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-22-2011, 01:33 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#10

Ivy breathed a sigh of relief as the device closed in a successful capture. Chainy pocketed it and said, “Good Battle. Haxbat has certainly got some skills. Do you want to move on now or take a quick break first?”

The Crobat crooned at the praise, doing circles in the air above them before coming down to nuzzle her shoulder. Ivy smiled. She was glad Chainy didn't seem to have anything against the bat anymore. “Great job, you,” she said to Haxbat, scratching the top of his head again. “Back you go for now. Moving around in the caves might be difficult.” The Crobat nodded as she returned him to his ball.

“I think I'm good,” she said to Chainy after she had adjusted her vest. It was pretty peaceful out here when it was so calm and bright, but she could use a change of scenery. “The caves sound pretty good. That's our quickest way to the destination.”

She didn't know what they'd find, but it was better than just staying around at home. They had needed the training and the rest, but after the first week she had been a little restless and wanting to get back to work.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:23 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Stealin all your disk rolls =P

~~~~~

Haxbat circled down and rubbed affectionately at Ivy's shoulder. I couldn't help but grin - the Crobat had such a friendly and loving nature. Of course, it evolved through friendship so I kind of expected it, but certainly not to this extent.

“Great job, you,” Ivy praised him. “Back you go for now. Moving around in the caves might be difficult.”

The Crobat nodded and stood still as Ivy returned him to his PokeBall. The snow around us was temporarily illuminated with a flash of red, and then the female Ranger tucked the shrunken ball back inside her vest.

“I think I'm good,” Ivy replied to my earlier question. “The caves sound pretty good. That's our quickest way to the destination.”

"Sounds fine to me," I said, and we continued along the path. We met a few interesting Pokemon along the way, like a Machamp and a Smoochum who temporarily accosted Haji, but there were no major problems. The caves were a very surreal environment to travel through - there were small stalagtites everywhere, and the dripping of water was the only natural sound to be heard, save for the occasional gust of wind. Of course, Ivy's Mienfoo voice disk kept playing, emitting the cat-like squeal of the species in question.

I heard a small scuffling behind us, and I turned around quickly. A small Pokemon was hiding behind a cluster of rocks. I whistled loudly, and its head shot straight up into the air. The head in question was cat-like, but with rounded ears and a sharp nose that was reminiscent of a fox. The Wild Pokemon moved cautiously forward on all fours. Its legs and arms were maroon-coloured but its body and head were cream. There were signs of a small brush-like tail, but the pseudo-limb was being kept tucked tightly between the Pokemon's legs.

I nudged Ivy. "Hey, there's the Mienfoo you've been looking for," I said slowly, "but I think something is a little off."

The Mienfoo carefully moved up to us, being sure to keep distance between itself and our crew of Psychic Pokemon. It eyed me carefully before walking over to Ivy and tugging on her boot.

"I think it's scared of something," I murmured. "What do you think we should do?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[THREE USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?)
CC since last Encounter: 1080 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Mienfoo), Uncommon Voice Disk (Meditite), Blank Disk, Poképlayer, Max Revive x2

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-23-2011, 12:06 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Wee, disk ^^ M Please.)

TP#11

The caves were winding in dark, and scattered rocks and ice patches always kept them on their guard so they didn't fall or hurt themselves. They were dark too, but between her flashlight and Dual and Sasha igniting their hands, the way was bright enough to see.

She had an uneasy feeling, but she couldn't tell what it was from. There wasn't anything that unusual really. The caves looked about normal. There were no massive gouges in the rock, the paths hadn't unfrozen, and there wasn't blood splattered everywhere. The caves were a little empty though. She hadn't seen a Pokémon since that Smoochum Chainy entertained for a minute. Maybe that was it.

Suddenly, Chainy stopped as a small scuffling echoed through the tunnel. They turned around, and Chainy whistled. A small weasel-like Pokémon shot his head up from behind a rock, revealing nub ears and two purple ovals on his cream colored face. He had a pointy nose and small whiskers too. He watched them warily, and Ivy's eyes were glued.

Chainy brought her out of her daze with a nudge to her shoulder. “Hey, there's the Mienfoo you've been looking for, but I think something is a little off.”

She nodded as the small Pokémon came out from behind the rock cluster. He was a little smaller than normal, hinting that he was still young. He seemed subdued as well, as he crawled on four of his legs instead of walking upright like his kind tended to fight. The pinkish fur on his arms and legs seemed to lack their usual luster, and his tail sagged.

He shook as he neared, keeping his eyes wary of both Chainy and their Pokémon. To her surprise, he came right up to her and began tugging on her shoe. Carefully, she crouched down and rubbed the top of his head. It nuzzled into her, and she wondered what was making such a sweet Pokémon upset.

“I think it's scared of something,” Chainy said. “What do you think we should do?”

She remembered the dreams she had before coming back, of darkness and wind and snow. The Mienfoo in the dream was a little different, but the message had seemed clear at the time. The night images made her lose three nights of sleep before she decided enough was enough and headed back to the Park. She thought she was just missing all the action as a Ranger or maybe just recalling memories of past runs. This seemed like something more though, so maybe she had seen those things for a reason.

“We'll take him with us,” she said, holding onto the little fighter as she rose. He huddled close. “At least until he wants to go or we find out what's going on.” She was suddenly glad Haxbat was back in his Pokéball at the moment. The bat was very caring, but if you couldn't get past being in the same room with him, you'd never learn that. The little Mienfoo was already scared enough. “We'll just be careful,” she added, keeping her eyes alert for anything off.

Last edited by WinterVines; 08-23-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: This post will take place before the Froslass Incident.

~~~~~

Ivy bent down and rubbed the Mienfoo's head. It rubbed its face against her leg, trying to hide from the world. I wondered what could have spooked the little Pokemon so much. Even though it was clearly just a child, Fighting types were really hard to scare, so something hardcore must have gone down. I was also surprised there was no Mienshao - they were incredibly protective of their children. Perhaps this Mienfoo was an orphan - it was sad, but not uncommon.

“We'll take him with us,” Ivy said, lifting the Mienfoo up with her, “At least until he wants to go or we find out what's going on. We'll just be careful."

I nodded and led Ivy onwards down the tunnel. It was sloping slightly downwards, which didn't really bother me as I wasn't a huge fan of physical exertion. The Mienfoo was very quiet, staying still in Ivy's arms, the only reminder of its presence being the occasional squeak. I caught it watching me a couple times, though - it was probably curious about me or something.

We entered a long straight passageway that I would have sworn had been carved if I knew that wasn't completely preposterous. Strangely, there were no icicles on the ceiling, and the floor was only lightly dusted with snow. There were lots of low-lying holes, though, and I wondered what they were for.

As we stepped out into the room, walking towards the exit on the other side, I found my answer. A little Swinub, pretty much identical to the one Ivy had caught earlier, wandered out of one of the small holes a way in front of us, heading towards another one. It made sense that the tunnel networks weren't all human-sized, but I'd just never thought of that possibility before.

"I don't suppose you want to try catching another Swinub?" I asked Ivy.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?)
CC since last Encounter: 0 / 4000, (3931 / 9000)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-23-2011, 04:13 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#12

Mienfoo was pretty silent as they walked on. She could still feel him trembling a bit though, so to soothe him, she started humming a soft tune that her mother used to sing to her and her brother when there was a thunderstorm. It was a small gesture, but she didn't know what else to do, and it had usually worked enough for them to get to sleep as kids. She hadn't really hated the storms, but her brother did, and she didn't want him to feel alone.

She really wanted to try and talk to the little fighter more, but she worried that any sudden intrusion would cause him to panic. She knew that when she was younger, the last thing she wanted to do when she was scared was talk about it. Instead she decided to just comfort him. She hated seeing Pokémon upset.

The path sloped a little downward, and she had to be careful not to slip on the icy patches. Mienfoo squeaked a few times as she stumbled, but she managed to catch herself each time before they fell or slammed into anything. Since it was still a little dim, Haji helped, warning her where the dangerous places to step were.

His mind was active and buzzing, seemingly worried about the little Pokémon. There was always the option of scanning his mind to see what had bothered him, but sometimes that was an intruding feeling, and she didn't want to upset the little fighter even more. Haji and she had an agreement that they'd keep to basic stuff until he was more comfortable. He'd be more susceptible to their psychic waves because of his type, and if it was a very bad memory, they didn't want him to have to relive it. Sometimes that happened.

Mienfoo kept watching Chainy too, whenever he dared to unhide his face from her clothes. He had responded to the man's whistle pretty obediently too. Maybe it was because Chainy had a lot of Fighting-type companions? Dual and Sasha were in plain sight, so perhaps Mienfoo caught on to the bond between them.

They eventually came to a room full of tiny holes in the floor. There were few icicles, so it made the area dark. There was a light dusting of snow though, and it crunched underneath their boots as they walked on. Suddenly, a tiny brown lump poked out of one of the holes, trying to make it to another one. She rarely saw Swinub here. It was pretty strange to see two of them so close together. Maybe their had been a mass hatching lately?

“I don't suppose you want to try catching another Swinub?” Chainy asked, and she shook her head.

“Nah, let's try to leave him be.” She glanced down at the cream and magenta Pokémon in her arms and back up at Chainy, hoping he got the hint. The last thing she wanted was to demonstrate more noise and violence. If they battled, though it wasn't cruel or anything, it might scare him more. She didn't want to traumatize him any more than he already was.

She rubbed her hand up and down the Pokémon's back gently and got a cute, pleased sound out of him. She smiled softly at him, wondering who would ever hurt a Pokémon so sweet.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:41 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Nah, let's try to leave him be," Ivy said, petting the Mienfoo. It made a cooing baby sound, and Ivy smiled tenderly at the young Pokemon.

"Alright, let's just move on," I said, and we continued down the long, large corridor. The Swinub didn't even seem to notice that we existed - it just walked across the room to one of the other small holes and disappeared into the darkness. As we walked down, I noticed that quite a few Swinub were emerging from the holes and travelling down others - it was almost like this was right in the middle of a superhighway or something.

The Mienfoo voice disk let out one last shaky cry before I heard a whirring, and the Pokeplayer shut down. I remembered that a recent technology breakthrough had managed to preserve the information carried in the disks, so they didn't lose their calls after a while. It was really quite amazing, involving the preservation of the DNA encoded within the hardware.

I heard a loud thumping, and the walls began to shake. I looked around nervously, and what I saw made my jaw drop. It turned out my earlier superhighway metaphor wasn't entirely incorrect. Coming out of the large tunnel we were heading towards was a large Mamoswine, its long brown hair swinging from side to side as it thudded inexorably towards us.

"Oh damn, I think we'd better get out of that thing's way," I said to Ivy. "Unless you want to try catching it?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 9 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?)
CC since last Encounter: 0 / 4000, (6922 / 9000)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-24-2011, 02:59 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: This one would lead into the Froslass one then I think, if I got the timeline right.)

TP#13

The little Swinub continued on like they weren't there, finding another one of those tunnels in the floor and disappearing down it. There were more as they traveled through the cave, but none of them seemed interested in them. Mienfoo liked to watch though. She saw his eyes get bigger as they tracked the little pig-moles going from place to place.

Then, there was a loud thumping as the walls shook. Mienfoo cried out as the girl stumbled. Ivy quickly grabbed on to the nearest stable object, a large rock in the path that was covered with snow. The frozen water was cold on her hands, but soon the shaking mostly stopped. Smaller shakes were being shocked through the floor at a more regular pace now, signaling that something big was moving. Then, down the tunnel, a Pokémon appeared.

It was a Mamoswine. The tusks were slightly smaller than normal, telling her it was a female. Her shaggy brown hair swayed back and froth, and her pig nose moved up and down slightly as it used the appendage to take in the scents. Her eyes were surrounded by an blue oval ringed with white, looking like a pair of snow goggles.

Mienfoo let out a tiny squeak at the large Pokémon, and Ivy laughed a little, soothing him. “Isn't she pretty?” she asked, pointing out the grace the big mammoth had despite her size. She had always liked Mamoswine. “Maybe the Swinub in the other room are her flock.”

“Oh damn, I think we'd better get out of that thing's way,” Chainy said. She agreed. She had no desire to get trampled today. “Unless you want to try catching it?”

Ivy shook her head, getting behind the large rock she had braced herself on and motioning for Chainy to do the same. She already had the Swinub, and if this Mamoswine was a mother, she definitely wasn't taking her from her young. Ivy knew all about that.

“I think I'll get a picture though,” she said. Then she looked at the Mienfoo. “Do you wanna sit with Chainy for a bit?” It would be hard to get a stable shot if she had the little fighter in her arms, as hesitant as she was to put him down.

The cream-colored weasel looked from one Ranger to the other for a second before nodding and holding one of his tiny paws out. Chainy lifted him out of her arms and put him on his back, and the little fighter automatically took a liking to the pack that was hooked around his belt. Mienfoo used it as a stepping stool, bracing his arms on Chainy's shoulders. He looked quite content to watch the large mammoth from there. Maybe he felt safe.

Ivy reached into a pocket in her cargos as she pulled out her digital camera. It was one of the newer, smaller versions, and it proved for easier picture taking. Now she could just print off as many copies as she needed instead of just having the one that she usually posted on the boards for collectors. She had a few nice ones that hung around her office from sights in the Park.

The way the light reflected off the ice patches was pretty interesting, and luckily there was enough of it for a good picture. She left the flash on anyway, and she snapped the shot just as Mamoswine was reaching their rock, so the angle was a little upward and to the side, making her seem like she was looking over the viewer in the shot. A collector would definitely want it if it turned out well.

Satisfied, she put the device away and nodded her head for them to continue on. Mienfoo looked content to stay with Chainy, so letting him get used to the man didn't bother her at all. She hoped he was feeling more comfortable now. Haji brushed her legs in affection as they took the lead, and then they continued down the path. She could see a room with a light dusting of snow and some hanging icicles ahead.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:12 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Yeah, I'm not recapping all that shiz.

~~~~~

Ivy agreed with me but wanted to take a picture. She asked the Mienfoo if it wanted to sit with me a bit. The Mienfoo looked me over again and nodded. I took the little weasel, but I wasn't great with holding children or young Pokemon, so I lifted him over my shoulders. He put his feet down on my pack and rested against my back. He seemed perfectly content to hold onto my shoulders.

Ivy pulled out a camera and took a picture of the Mamoswine as it lumbered past. Once the coast was clear, we entered the tunnel it had come out of. The tunnel began to get smaller and smaller, and we had to double back multiple times because of impassable terrain. We finally ended up in a room with a large ice pillar. However, when Ivy approached it, some ghostly apparition spoke to me through her and commanded me to fight her warriors. The first one was a Riolu. After dealing with it, our group decided to move on. There were a few paths leading out of the room, but only one that lead upwards. I chose that path, and up we went, led by the light of Dual's Fire Punch.

After a few minutes we emerged in a rocky cavern that was lit up by glowing moss. A river ran through the middle of the cave and large rocks were dotted around the area. I felt cold, and I suddenly heard the voice again. I shot a look at Ivy, but she wasn't being controlled like before.

"Your battle was interesting, I suppose," it said languidly, "but I wish to test your companion. Let us see if she is truly worth saving."

I heard a snap, like something snapped a pair of fingers, and a Meditite stepped out from behind one of the rocks, just like the Riolu had. It looked at us with strange eyes, almost like it was in pain but not quite. I turned to Ivy.

"Well, I guess it's your turn," I said to her. "Unless you don't want to battle. We can probably figure something out if that's the case."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?)
Picture Value: 1500
CC since last Encounter: 0 / 9000, (10613 / 16000)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-25-2011, 05:43 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: I don't blame you. I normally dislike recaps. I only do it here for MCR. And uh...Female please.)

TP#14

Mienfoo was back in her arms, and though he had been scared by the Froslass a little, he seemed okay. He wasn't trembling at least, and he was actively looking at their surroundings. She thought that maybe he was getting a little more comfortable around them.

Dual's flaming fist was lighting their way well enough to see; after the Froslass thing she hadn't taken her flashlight back out. The rocky cavern was similar to all the other ones, but soon it opened up into a space that allowed for a lot of movement. The ceiling was higher, and rocks jutted out of the walls as well as dotting the floor. There was some strange moss growing on the surfaces too, and they glowed enough to light up the room pretty well. The unfrozen river that flowed through the middle of the room interrupted the otherwise-silent space.

They stepped into the cavern, and the hair on her skin stood up on end again. Haji growled, the sound echoing throughout the room. It was so strange of him that she jumped a little, surprised at his actions. Then the buzzing in her head increased to a steady thrum, and she had to close her eyes to keep from making a sound.

“Your battle was interesting, I suppose, but I wish to test your companion.” a ghostly voice said. Ivy shivered slightly, but she still had control of her own body. Apparently the ghost had gained a few strengths just from that one contact. “Let us see if she is truly worth saving.”

Ivy clenched her jaw and narrowed her eyes, knowing it wasn't going to affect the Froslass but making her feel better anyway. Implementing she needed to be saved. She could save herself if she had to. Chainy was doing her a favor by helping, but if the ghost thought she was helpless, she was in for a big surprise.

There was a crack, and then the voice faded. A Pokémon stepped out from behind one of the rocks, and the first thing the girl noticed was the glowing eyes. It was another one of the Froslass's warriors. It was another Fighting type. This one had a bright blue body with gray training bands on his wrists and feet. An onion-shaped head finished the look, with two curled ears on the side. They sat a little lower, meaning this one was a girl. It was a Meditite, the first of Medicham's evolution family.

Chainy turned to her and said, “Well, I guess it's your turn. Unless you don't want to battle. We can probably figure something out if that's the case.”

She nodded, knowing that if they could snap the warriors out of the trance they were under, they could break free of the Froslass's control. There had to be other ways than battle to do it, but they hadn't got the chance to experiment yet. She thought about trying something different, maybe disorienting it with the flash of a camera or using the calls of a disk to distract it. She wasn't sure it would work, but the more they knew about what was going on, the better.

Before she could answer, Haji stepped in front of her and tensed his body like he was going to pounce. His voice surprised her with its fierceness as it echoed in her mind. “No. We will fight and capture this foe. The ice witch does not rule here.”

Ivy listened to his words, amazed at how personal he was taking this. She supposed it made sense. Even though he was calm in nature, he tended to respond badly to threats, especially if they were against her. He would still keep a level head while battling, but some sort of motivation never hurt. Froslass was abusing these wild Pokémon, making them do whatever she wanted them to just for her amusement. Haji knew all about that. No wonder he was upset.

“You're right, Haji,” she said. “Froslass doesn't rule here, and we're not gonna let her get away with this.” The purple cat nodded, his limbs braced against the cold floor.

She turned to Chainy and said, “We're going to battle.” She looked down at the little fighter in her arms and hoped he wasn't going to get too upset. He seemed fine during Chainy's battle, but one never knew. “Sorry, little guy. This is something we have to do.” She handed the Mienfoo to the other Ranger and stepped back onto the field, watching her surroundings closely.

The moss really intrigued her. It was rare for anything to really grow on Oktori, and this stuff looked like it was thriving. She wondered how it would respond to energy, and she shared the thought with the Espeon. He seemed curious about it too, so maybe it was something they would try later.

She made a mental note to keep Haji away from the water. The icy cold liquid would numb his limbs and could give him hypothermia if he didn't warm up right away. They might be able to use it to their advantage though, and the gears in her mind started to turn as she thought of a plan.

She spared a glance at Sasha and couldn't really read her expression. Ivy wondered what she thought about all of this. Maybe she would take it as a lesson, like the Ranger hoped she would, about learning weaknesses and strengths. She just hoped it didn't offend her that Ivy wanted to fight.

“Alright, Haji,” she said, thinking furiously. “Throw a Confusion at her to keep her off balance. It doesn't need to be super powerful, but just keep her disoriented for a little bit. We need a distraction.”

Haji was good at sneaking into other minds, and thought Meditite was a Psychic-type as well, all the Espeon had to do was bother her a little bit. If she was focusing on keeping Haji out, he could move on to the next part of her plan. It might wear her out a little, since Ivy knew how tiring dealing with the mental stuff could be.

She nodded to herself, satisfied with how things were going. Because of her link to the purple cat, she was feeling his adrenaline and battle vibe kicking in, and it was giving her energy. She shifted the balls of her feet slightly, a sound barely audible over the running water.

The next part she told the cat silently, in case the Meditite overheard and tried something funny. “After that use your Psychic to stir the water. Let's make our own Surf attack. The cold water could stun him for a little bit, and that'll give you time to put up a...” She hesitated for a moment, unsure of which move to call. The problem with this Pokémon is that she got many different types of attacks, both physical and special based. “Light Screen, use a Light Screen,” she finally decided. The almost-invisible screen would help ward off the special attacks Meditite decided to throw at them, though it wasn't full proof. Haji would still have to be on his toes.

She felt Haji focus as his energy start to spike, and she could feel the currents of energy hone in on the water and the wild Pokémon. “Be on your guard. This probably won't be easy.”

Old 08-26-2011, 04:30 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Ivy was silent, and I knew she was considering all the options. Haji stood out in front of her and tensed up. I knew he was talking to his Trainer, but I had no idea what he was saying. Whatever it was, I could see that it gave Ivy resolve. She nodded.

“You're right, Haji. Froslass doesn't rule here, and we're not gonna let her get away with this.” Ivy turned to me. "We're going to battle," she said, and she handed me the Mienfoo again. “Sorry, little guy. This is something we have to do," she murmured. The baby Pokemon didn't seem upset to be back with me - he chuckled happily and scampered over my shoulder back to his post on my back. He really seemed to like it there and it left my hands free so I was more than happy with the arrangement.

The Meditite crouched low and began gently swaying from side to side, which was apparently its default battle stance. I'd never seen one before, but it was much different from Sasha's look. Maybe the ghost's influence was affecting it physically somehow. I already knew that was a possibility, considering what happened with Ivy back in the other chamber.

“Alright, Haji,” Ivy announced, her voice echoing throughout the room, “throw a Confusion at her to keep her off balance. It doesn't need to be super powerful, but just keep her disoriented for a little bit. We need a distraction.”

Haji nodded and a slight purple sheen coloured the air around his head. I saw the Meditite go rigid and take a small step back. Its eyes roamed around the cavern, like it was seeing things that weren't there.

Something bothered me though. Ivy had mentioned the attack being a diversion. If that was the case, why wasn't she commanding a follow-up attack? I shot her a look, and I realised that she was probably communicating the attack to Haji via her mindlink so the Meditite wouldn't be able to counter. Clever idea, and one I used frequently with Dual. However, the Meditite's eyes had stopped rolling, and they were narrowed in Ivy's direction. I couldn't help but have a bad feeling.

Suddenly, the water in the stream behind the Meditite swelled up until it was a few metres high. It rushed forwards as it did so, preparing to wash over the small fighter. The waves rushed over it, and I lost sight of Ivy’s opponent completely. As the water lowered and began to turn to the stream, I looked all around for the Meditite. Surprisingly, it was right where I’d last saw it. A white shield was covering the Fighting-type, protecting it from the onslaught of the water.

The white shield flickered up, and the Meditite began to run towards us. The Mienfoo squeaked a warning, and I quickly looked at Haji. A bright yellow square was swirling around in front of him – one of the reflective screens, no doubt. The Espeon’s eyes were closed – he probably wasn’t aware of the danger he was in. The Medicham’s left hand began to glow the exact same colour as Haji’s shield, and it sprung towards Haji, its hand held out like a spear. Luckily, Haji’s eyes opened in time for him to leap backwards and avoid the blow, but his shield wasn’t so lucky. The attack pierced it right in the centre, shattering it into tiny pieces. The fighter grinned cheekily and backflipped away from the psychic cat.

“How did it know what you were planning?” I asked in wonderment.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? Female Meditite: 91% (used Detect, Brick Break)

Calm Male Espeon: 100% (used Confusion, Psychic, Light Screen)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining, Mienfoo Voice Disk[USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Docile Swinub(F); ??? Tyrogue(?); Hardy Machop(M); ??? Mienfoo(?); ??? Swinub (?); ??? Mamoswine(?); ??? Meditite(?)
Picture Value: 1500
CC since last Encounter: 6687 / 9000, (17300 / 13500)

Pokemon Statistics:

Haji (M) - Espeon - 100%

Ambipom (M) - 69%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-26-2011, 05:31 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#15

Ivy watched the Meditite shield itself with a protective barrier and then proceed to eliminate Haji's protection. The plans she had spent a while constructing crumbled away into dust as she was sent spiraling back to square one. Now she was in trouble. She had no idea what to do.

“How did she know what you were planning?” Chainy asked, and she was thinking the same thing.

The slight buzzing in her mind gave her the answer she might've been looking for. It was possible, although unlikely, that the Froslass could use the small hold she had on her to peek into her thoughts and know what she was thinking. If by some way she could transfer those to the Meditite, that would allow for what had just happened. Though maybe some higher power was working against her. Either that or she just wasn't battling good enough.

The small seed of doubt started to bloom in her mind, and it was very hard to fight back that uneasy feeling. She clenched her eyes for a moment, trying to chase those thoughts away. She had spent her mini-vacation trying to overcome those overwhelming feelings. They had almost drowned her in Deckbi. She could feel it start to well up inside her though, despite her efforts to keep it down.

A soothing wave from Haji helped calm her, and through their bond he shared her feelings to lessen her load. She hated doing that, but he always insisted, and since he was much more proficient at using the mental powers than she was, she couldn't keep him out. She silently thanked him and thought about what they were going to do next.

If Froslass really was getting into her head, there was no room for making delicate plans. They just had to go on the offensive. “We're just gonna have to hit hard, Haji. Use a Calm Mind first to clear your head from all... this, whatever it is. Then use your Psychic to blast her. Launch her right into the river if you can.”

The purple cat nodded as she felt his mind clearing from all her borrowed troubling thoughts. His senses heightened as the energy in the air became more receptive to his power. His mind then whirled as he focused on the Meditite, locking on to her energy with his own.

Ivy didn't like short, quick moves like this, but they weren't going to have a lot of options. This battle couldn't drag on forever since they still had a destination to get to. At least if they were quick, Meditite wouldn't have a lot of time to form a counterstrike. While it was almost impossible to avoid damage, they would at least hopefully damage her a little bit. It was impractical to protect yourself like that constantly. The moves would drain on energy faster with more time spent.

She braced herself as Haji readied his attack, fighting the buzzing in her head that was trying to distract her. It would either work or it wouldn't, and she'd have to think of something better than what she was doing if she wanted to win.