Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Latisiblings Offline

Post PO UU- HeavyStall!

So, because of the comparative lack of RMTs, I decided to make one! In PO UU where I play, people don't use Stall because of the offensive powerhouses, like Mamoswine, Darmanitan, V-Create Victini, and so on. Well, I've made a team based around total and complete stall, and it has been quite successful so far. I'd like to introduce to you: Team HeavyStall!

Team at a glance:

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Protect
- U-turn
- Night Shade

Xatu is usually my starter; he is phenomenal against starters like Mienshao, and can reflect many threatening status, such as Toxic and Will-o-Wisp back at the opposition. Also, it can prevent their own entry hazards being set up by reflecting them right back. It might even save me the time to do the work myself! But Xatu isn't only here for his ability, Magic Bounce. He can also do a tremendous job of supporting the team by using Wish; the recipients are usually Dusclops and Empoleon, who have no means of recovering by themselves. Xatu can also take Fighting-types exceptionally well, by the means of its quadruple resistance. Although many Fighting-types use moves such as Stone Edge and Payback, the ability to handle Choice-locked Fighting moves are great. I have considered using Toxic over U-turn, since Wish+Protect+Toxic induces many ragequits, as shown by Blissey/Chansey.

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Confuse Ray

Dusclops is the Spinblocker of the team; he is also the bulkiest Ghost-type in UU, and certainly makes it known. WOW is just phenomenal for covering every Physical threat bar Heracross, Arcanine and Victini, while Confuse Ray is just a general move to hit switch-ins with. As it is his job, he can just about put Donphan, the most common Rapid Spinner, in a Checkmate position; Stealth Rock means Will-o-Wisp will put him out of commision, while any attacking moves are swiftly turned into Dusclops' health by Pain Split. All switch-ins are frustrated by Confuse Ray. Dusclops also checks many Fighting-types and Normal-types like no other (well, maybe Slowbro), and is an effective wall. Did I mention that Dusclops boasts more defense stats in both areas than Deoxys-D?

Scolipede (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Scolipede is the Spiker/Toxic Spiker in my team, and does the job well. He also gives my team much needed Speed to check slow yet powerful threats. Megahorn is a great STAB and kills off many weakened Pokemon. Spikes and Toxic Spikes need no explanation; they are core moves of any stall team and is certainly needed here, when most of my team is based around PHazing.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Empoleon is, in short, the emperor of UU. He checks so many Pokemon it isn't even funny. His phenomenal typing, Water/Steel, gives him a total of 11 resistances and an important immunity to Poison. The typing leaves him with some disappointing weaknesses like Ground and Fighting among others, but his teammates cover him well. Stealth Rock is one of the most vital moves in the game, because without it many sweepers have a chance of ripping a team apart by itself, such as Yanmega and Moltres. Roar is a great move in general, and works well with Empoleon's ability to force switches thanks to its great resistances.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast

Slowbro checks so many Pokemon it's not even funny. He checks Snorlax, Mamoswine (to an extent- nothing checks Mamo), Braviary, etc. It's all thanks to his Regenerator, which did help him out a lot. Scald gives phenomenal Burn chance, Psychic just about massacres Fighting-types, and Fire Blast is there for hitting Escavalier on switch-in since I have basically no counter to it. I'm considering replacing FB with Toxic though, since it's generally more useful when I don't have Toxic Spikes up.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Snorlax is my team's ace once the hazards are up. ResTalk and Whirlwind basically makes him impossible to kill, and Body Slam's Paralysis chance have caused me so many wins it's not even funny. He's basically Blissey against Special attacks and can take a variety of attacks, like Yanmega and Zapdos while simultaneously absorbing Sleep. Which is all kinds of awesome.

So, rate and review!

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 08-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: PO UU- HeavyStall!

Oops, took me a while to notice this. Sorry =P

But yeah, by and large it looks very good. The flaws I can see, however, are quite significant.

First and foremost, no rapid spin support. Major flaw in any stall team if you ask me. Toxic Spikes being the main concern, with the potential to screw over half your team. If Scollipede should go down early, a clever opponent should be able to work around Xatu, or if they're using the most common UU TSpiker Nidoking, they'll just OHKO you with a Sheer Force LO boosted Thunderbolt/Ice Beam and then set up anyway.

Which leads onto my next point, there's a big electric weakness here. Three weaks and no resistences is just asking something like Zapdos or Nidoking to come in and tear chunks out of your team any time they get a switch in.

Donphan can remedy the above two situations to some degree, providing Spin Support and tanking Electric while hitting most common users back with super effective STAB Earthquake or (In the case of Zapdos) Ice Shard. I'm not sure who you'd put him in over, but it could be worth playing around, and could save your skin against opposing stall teams where latent damage is paramount.

Finally, I'd go 252Def/252SpDef/6HP@Careful on Snorlax. The HP EVs only increase the stat by roughly 12.5%, whereas the maximised defence would make it almost 50% better at taking physical hits, allowing it to survive a wider range if threats.
Closed Thread