Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers Offline

Default Johto Chronicles [Su/Ds]

So, this is a RP for you who want to play a pokémon game, but not by the usual rules... and who want to RP without interacting with the other players at all times. You will mostly be playing "against" me, who is the dungeon master here. As soon as we've got enough SUs, I'll start it up.
{LINK TO main RPing THREAD}

Johto Chronicles
rated K+ or something like that

[click for RP theme song]

Mission
Johto is a beautiful region where people and pokémon mostly live in harmony. Mythology has strong roots in the citizens and legends are often told about the many kinds of pokémon that inhabit the region. Grassy fields, rocky mountains, dark caves and streaming rivers, Johto has something for everyone. There is even a lot of coastline for the ones who simply cannot live without seeing the horizon from time to time. There is a professor here, who lives in New Bark town and studies pokémon and their connection to the myths surrounding Johto and other regions. Currently he is very interested in the legendary beast trio. He seeks to capture them, only to be able to study them further. But he is not sure of their existence, even if things are pointing towards it being true. He needs help.

This professor's name is Pine. Professor Pine has announced on the radio from Goldenrod that he wants trainers to work for him, trying to find the legendaries. But no one replies on his job offer. No one really believes that the beasts do exist, even if they do make for good bedtime stories.

But then, kids started to call professor Pine up. They believed him and wanted to help. Pine wasn't sure what to do... but he really wanted to find the beasts. So he decided to do something that no one had done before him.

---

Normally when people became pokémon trainers, they got a pokémon as a gift, bought one or went out and captured or befriended one on their own. Then they started training. Every official battle they lost, they had to pay money to the winner, and in every battle they won, they earned money. That was how a trainer made a living. The good ones became better and better and went on competing against gym leaders for 8 badges what would allow them to enter the Pokémon League competition. The bad ones grew up and took other jobs in their lives.

What professor Pine wanted to do now was to let 6 trainers have the chance to get a rare pokémon from him and start their pokémon journey. He also had in his posession some mechanical devices known as pokédexes, small encyclopedias on pokémon. The kids who signed up would get one each. And then they would go out to explore Johto, battle others, capture pokémon and maybe even battle gym leaders for a spot in the Pokémon League competition... and all that time, they would be on the lookout for the legendary beasts. In Pine's eyes, it was rather brilliant. He would have 6 scouts around the region.

Trainers
You will choose a sprite to base your character on. Pick one that is not already taken. If you really hate the sprite that is left when 5 are taken, I can present new ones for you. But please. This is part of the challenge :3
sprite 1 TAKEN, sprite 2 TAKEN, sprite 3 TAKEN, sprite 4 TAKEN, sprite 5 TAKEN, sprite 6 TAKEN

You could have grown up anywhere in Johto, but you will all start at the laboratory in New Bark as the RP starts.

Pokémon
These are the starters you may choose from. Pick one that's not already taken.
Chikorita, lv 5, Tackle, Growl Taken by Eternal Moonlight
Cyndaquil, lv 5, Tackle, Leer Taken by Master Zorua
Totodile, lv 5, Scratch, Leer Taken by Charm
Aipom, lv 5, Scratch, Tail whip, Sand attack Taken by Magnetic_Zero
Pikachu, lv 5, Growl, Thundershock, Tail whip Taken by Thunderbolt
Cubone, lv 5, Growl, Bone Club Taken by sammy0295

Rules and things to know
- I will be expecting you to write at least a few paragraphs in each post. No need to write a novel everywhere you go, but still. The quality of your post will affect much in the RP.

- If you sign up, stay active. Don't just sign up because it seems like fun, and then leave. This is a commitment :3

- I will make a preparation-post for every route/town/cave or other area you'll enter. It will say what you will be able to do in that route, what pokémon can be caught and their levels and things like that. And what gym leaders there are. Many new ones.

- I will tell you when your pokémon gains levels, learns moves and evolves. The more (and better) posts you write, the faster this will come.

- Don't write too much about blood, broken bones and gorey stuff. Keep violence somewhat to the level shown in the anime... well, a little more realistic is ok, actually.

- Don't just think about the routes as if they are tiles on a Nintendo DS screen. Try to picture the real nature in Johto, swaying trees and mighty mountains... makes for a better RP experience. And better posts.

---

>> If only one of your pokémon battles, that pokémon will gain 2 levels, unless the battle is very short or of rather poor quality (meaning, boring to read).

>> If several of your pokémon performs in a battle, they will normally gain 1 level each.

>>> If you write a good (i.e. interesting to read) post where there is no battle, but maybe some adventure, conversation or story where a pokémon takes part, that pokémon may get 1 level.

>>> If several pokémon are seen a lot in a non-battle post, only one of them will still get a level... so make sure to more prominently feature the pokémon you want to give a level, since I will level up the pokémon I thought showed up the most or learned the most.

>>>> For gym battles... other rules are.

---

Of course, there are bonuses. If I really enjoyed reading a post, I might throw in an extra level here and there. Don't get jealous of each other. Have a healthy rivalry :3

Name: (first and last)
Sprite choice: (1-6, one that isn't taken by a previous SU)
Appearance: (describe what your character looks like, more than the sprite shows)
Biography: (history of your character, flesh it out a bit. include descriptions of personality as well, to make us understand your character)
Pokémon: (pick from the list of starters, one that isn't taken already)

Oh, and I prefer no reservations. Just post your SU if you want in.
Have fun and let's start soon :3

---

Current players:

Charm - Selma Sanderton, 13
Pokédex: 4
Badges: 0
Pokémon:
Spoiler:
On hand
Toto (Totodile M), lv 10: Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Rage [Ability: Sheer Force]
Star (Starly F), lv 5: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack [Ability: Keen Eye]
Ledyba F, lv 11: Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch [Ability: Rattled]
Mareep F, lv 8: Tackle, Growl [Ability: Static]

Thunderbolt - Christopher Knight, 14
Pokédex: 3
Pokémon:
Spoiler:
On hand
Light (Pikachu M) lv 11: Growl, Thundershock, Tail whip, Thunder Wave [Ability: Static]
Noctus (Hoothoot M) lv 8: Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis [Ability: Keen Eye]
Spinarak F lv 8: Poison sting, String shot, Scary face [Ability: Sniper]

sammy0295 - Sam Sage, 14
Pokédex: 2
Pokémon:
Spoiler:
On hand
Solir (Cubone M) lv 8: Growl, Bone Club [Ability: Battle Armor]
Athena (Hoothoot F) lv 6: Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis [Ability: Insomnia]
Mareep F lv 7: Tackle, Growl [Ability: Static]

Eternal Moonlight - Summer Bluestone, 15
Pokédex: 3
Pokémon:
Spoiler:
On hand
Mint (Chikorita F) lv 11: Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Poisonpowder [Ability: Leaf Guard]
Scout (Sentret M) lv 8: Scratch, Foresight, Defense curl, Quick Attack [Ability: Keen Eye]
Shinx F lv 8: Tackle, Leer [Ability: Guts]

Master Zorua - Robert Masters, 12
Pokédex: 2
Pokémon:
Spoiler:
On hand
Flare (Cyndaquil F) lv 9: Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen [Ability: Flash Fire]
Vivi (Starly M) lv 3: Tackle, Growl [Ability: Keen Eye]

Last edited by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers; 08-29-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 AM
White Knight Offline

Default Re: Johto Chronicles [Su/Ds]

Name: Christopher Knight

Sprite choice: 4

Appearance: Chris has almost-hazel eyes and a fairly pale complexion. He is about 5'6 and has a fairly lean frame, although more on the pudgy side. His hair is reminescent of a bad anime character; sticking up in several spikes down his head. On an average day, he wears a navy blue hoodie with dark jeans and a silver necklace with a small circle. He keeps his Pokeballs on a plain black belt and carries a brand new black and blue backpack on one shoulder. Chris also wears black basketball shoes, and a striped headband that is almost impossible to see because of his vast amounts of hair.

Biography: Chris was born to a single mother, who died shortly after childbirth. He was assigned to a kind foster family, the Knights. The Knights lived in Goldenrod City, not far from the Radio Tower. They had a Growlithe and a Raichu who played with the kids, and Chris grew extremely close to them. He grew up with the Knights, eventually taking their last name as his own. The love and attention they gave him made him a loving and caring person, but this also made him more on the soft side. He did not have to do much around the house, and so was a bit on the weak side physically. Not particularly "tough", he was subjected to bullying at school. However, he came home each day to his Pokemon, who comforted him. Since then, he has always prefered Pokemon over most people, except those who showed love for Pokemon. Both his childhood bullying and his parents made him into what he is now; a kind, quiet person who prefers to be with Pokemon. At 14, the Knights decided he was old enough to go on an adventure and told him about Professor Pine's ad. He became much tougher on his expedition to New Bark Town, but still is slightly wary of humans. When Chris left the Knights, he decided that he would like either a Growlithe or a Pikachu to start his journey; anything to remind him of the people who had raised him.

Pokémon: Light the Pikachu

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Name: Christopher Knight

Sprite choice: 4

Appearance: Chris has almost-hazel eyes and a fairly pale complexion. He is about 5'6 and has a fairly lean frame, although more on the pudgy side. His hair is reminescent of a bad anime character; sticking up in several spikes down his head. On an average day, he wears a navy blue hoodie with dark jeans and a silver necklace with a small circle. He keeps his Pokeballs on a plain black belt and carries a brand new black and blue backpack on one shoulder. Chris also wears black basketball shoes, and a striped headband that is almost impossible to see because of his vast amounts of hair.

Biography: Chris was born to a single mother, who died shortly after childbirth. He was assigned to a kind foster family, the Knights. The Knights lived in Goldenrod City, not far from the Radio Tower. They had a Growlithe and a Raichu who played with the kids, and Chris grew extremely close to them. He grew up with the Knights, eventually taking their last name as his own. The love and attention they gave him made him a loving and caring person, but this also made him more on the soft side. He did not have to do much around the house, and so was a bit on the weak side physically. Not particularly "tough", he was subjected to bullying at school. However, he came home each day to his Pokemon, who comforted him. Since then, he has always prefered Pokemon over most people, except those who showed love for Pokemon. Both his childhood bullying and his parents made him into what he is now; a kind, quiet person who prefers to be with Pokemon. At 14, the Knights decided he was old enough to go on an adventure and told him about Professor Pine's ad. He became much tougher on his expedition to New Bark Town, but still is slightly wary of humans. When Chris left the Knights, he decided that he would like either a Growlithe or a Pikachu to start his journey; anything to remind him of the people who had raised him.

Pokémon: Light the Pikachu
Accepted with sprite 4 and Pikachu, Thunderbolt :] now we wait for a few more.

Actually, I'll sign up for a spot myself so that I can show what I mean in posts. I might drop out later and do only dungeonmaster stuff (the "act of god") though.

Name: Selma Sanderton
Sprite choice: 3

Appearance: Selma is of average height and weight of a 13 year old. Her hair is brightly red and she's got freckles all over her face. Her eyes are brightly blue, almost icy, and her face is most often giving off an open and content look. She is muscular from having exercised in different sports her whole life. She usually wears short beige shorts and brightly colored tube tops with a jeans jacket on top of it. Sometimes she wears a brightly blue bandana, especially when she's doing sports or like now when she's going on the journey for professor Pine. She has gotten a special belt from the store where her mother works. On it, she can put up to 6 pokéballs and she made sure to fix it up to be able to hold the pokédex as well.

Biography: Selma grew up in Olivine and loved the ocean from her first day in life. She loves water and goes swimming as often as she can. She also goes running in the countryside and skating or biking through the city once in a while. She enjoys a game of volleyball or basketball whenever she can and generally dislikes to sit still for too long.

Her mother worked in the biggest pokémart of Olivine and Selma helped her sometimes, just because she liked meeting trainers and see their pokémon. Her father works at the ferry that's traveling between Kanto and Johto, so he's not at home much, but when he is he makes sure to spend time with Selma. She is an only child so she is a bit spoiled, but she still knows competition since she's sporting so much. She was never really good in school, but not very bad either. She just didn't like sitting indoors when the sun was shining outdoors. Or even when it rained and stormed. Selma liked the rain almost as much as she loved the sun.

As a person, Selma is generally happy and friendly without being too naive or too caring. She likes to help people out when she can, but she has a rather competitive side that makes her choose rivalry before cooperation. Somehow, her father and mother heard about professor Pine's offer at the same time and approached Selma with it on the same evening. Selma had never planned to become a pokémon trainer. She wanted to say in Olivine or maybe travel the sea sometime. But maybe it could be fun, at least if she got a water pokémon.

Pokémon: Totodile

Last edited by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers; 08-02-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

The RP has a nice feel to it, and I think I'll take a reserve on sprite one and Chikorita please. I'd post something along with the reseveration, but it's past 4 in the morning and I'm starting to tire out ^^'

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 08-02-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Moonlight View Post
The RP has a nice feel to it, and I think I'll take a reserve on sprite one and Chikorita please. I'd post something along with the reseveration, but it's past 4 in the morning and I'm starting to tire out ^^'
Omg, go to bed you! xD Thank you, I want it to have a light feeling and not a dark and gloomy story. Yet.

I'm not completely against reservations, it's just that I hate when people reserve stuff and then never return to post the SU. But Chikorita can be yours for a day or so at least, don't worry.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 AM
The Luna Diviner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm View Post
Omg, go to bed you! xD Thank you, I want it to have a light feeling and not a dark and gloomy story. Yet.

I'm not completely against reservations, it's just that I hate when people reserve stuff and then never return to post the SU. But Chikorita can be yours for a day or so at least, don't worry.
OH! Yet eh... *the plot thickens...*
Haha, I probably should, summer nights go too fast XD

Don't worry, I'm planning on at least starting it tommorow (or later today XD) once I get up.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

Name: Zac Dawson

Sprite choice: sprite 5

Appearance: He has black hair and is 5'6. He has red shirt, blue jeans and green shoes.
He has a blue poke gear and a yellow bag. He has a green jacket with a pocket for his pokedex.

Biography: Zac grew up at Euratch City (can't spell it) and loved to explore Burned Tower. He was fasinated by fire types and their strength. He wished to see the pokemon that burnt the tower and catch it. When he was 13 he went to Prof Elm's lab and got his starter. He chose Cyndaquil for his fasination for fire. He spent a month training and writing his findings of fire types. Then one day it was his birthday and as a birthday present his parents told him about the legend of Ho-oh the one from burnt tower. He asked Professor Pine to help find the beasts. He hpes he could find some powerful fire types.

Pokémon: Cyndaquil
Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon of Destruction View Post
Name: Zac Dawson

Sprite choice: sprite 5

Appearance: He has black hair and is 5'6. He has red shirt, blue jeans and green shoes.
He has a blue poke gear and a yellow bag. He has a green jacket with a pocket for his pokedex.

Biography: Zac grew up at Euratch City (can't spell it) and loved to explore Burned Tower. He was fasinated by fire types and their strength. He wished to see the pokemon that burnt the tower and catch it. When he was 13 he went to Prof Elm's lab and got his starter. He chose Cyndaquil for his fasination for fire. He spent a month training and writing his findings of fire types. Then one day it was his birthday and as a birthday present his parents told him about the legend of Ho-oh the one from burnt tower. He asked Professor Pine to help find the beasts. He hpes he could find some powerful fire types.

Pokémon: Cyndaquil
Pokemon of Destruction, you are denied for now, because 1) your appearance and biography sections are lacking in detail and 2) you clearly did not read the story carefully enough. There is no professor Elm giving out pokémon. No one had done that before professor Pine did it.

You can try writing a better SU if you want to.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 AM
The Luna Diviner

Well, I managed to push myself enough to get the appearance done!

Name: Summer Bluestone

Sprite choice: One

Appearance: Physically, the only thing really noteworthy about Summer is her shorter stature, which tend to lead others into thinking she’s a few years younger than she really is. Her frame, however, leans on the wider side, although not enough for teasing to arouse. The teenage girl has fairly tan skin, from all the time spent out in the sun, and it’s relatively blemish free. In fact, it would make her appear to be of Polynesian (or Orange Islanders in the Pokéverse) decent, if not for the light shade of her hair. To be more precise, it’s a brown called Fallow, and the thick locks reach down to her shoulders, curving slightly outward toward the bottom. Her bangs, on the other hand, are almost nonexistent, and allow for a perfect view of Summer’s entire face. One last note about her hair is the weird tuffs that are tied by round, sky blue clips and spike up for some reason. She’s tried brushing them out, but they refuse to flatten.

If you asked Summer what she thought her best aesthetic feature was, after pausing to think, she’d say it was her eyes. Almond shaped and cobalt, they are rather admirable.

As for her clothes, the girl likes to wear sundresses more than anything else. The more pale shades are the most common in her wardrobe, with baby blue being her favourite. This one in particular sports a decent-sized bow in the center of the neckline, which is a nice compliment to the thick tank-top-like straps. Hovering just above the knees, the ends flare up, but only very slightly. Simple and clean, that’s how Summer would describe it. As for footwear, the girl wears a pair of azure canvess shoes with a pair of crisp white socks.

Biography: Summer traces her beginnings to the small, friendly Cianwood City. Her younger childhood was often spent with her grandparents, for her mother worked full time a marine biologist and father fished with the local fleet. Her grandmother was fond of telling stories based on the legends of Johto, and characters like Entei, Suicune and Raikou popped up frequently. Summer would often claim she wanted to met the blue beast, for she found it the “nicest” and although this was dismissed a small child’s fantasy, it still lingers within her to this day. Another staple of her younger years was spending time in the garden, watering and later weeding, which sowed the seeds for later enjoyment among plants.

Despite her shy, almost meek personality, Summer grew a little bolder when the metaphoric cards were down. She didn’t let others tease her, and had no tolerance for bullying. Some people questioned whether or not the girl was really that timid after all, or if this was simply a façade to hide a more assertive character. Over the years, she’s proven this not the case, although some of her classmates remained doubtful. Speaking of school, Summer was always an above average student. She had the patience and drive to succeed, but, despite this, never topped the class either.

Later portions of her life were spent almost entirely at the beach, where the girl would swim, read or write. She is decent in the water, but would probably not fare too well if the current picked up. Things would change once Pine’s broadcast aired on the radio. This resurfaced a childhood fantasy, and despite popular belief, still believed the beasts were real. Her family, however, didn’t have the same opinion, but figured a journey could only teach the teenager some valuable lessons and hopefully break her shyness once and for all.

So, riding on her mother’s Pidgeot, Summer nears New Bark, where the wind of a new adventure, blows with might.

Pokémon: Mint (as it will be named) the Chikorita.

Last edited by Eternal Moonlight; 08-02-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Details of... awesome?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 AM

Nice, I can't wait to read the whole SU when it's finished. But seriously, go get some sleep... ^^

And the main thread is up, for when people feel ready to begin. http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=115378
Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Name: Sam Sage
Sprite choice:
Appearance: Sam is a bit shorter than average, and thin. She is well muscled from her frequent treks through the woods. She wears her hip length dark brown hair tied back in a braid. She has bright blue eyes, and lightly tanned skin. She wears dark jeans, and a t-shirt, most of the time, red. She has plain black sneakers and carries a black backpack with dark red accents. She is usually found wearing a long black leather coat a few sizes to big, even when it is unnecessary, which makes her seem even smaller than she is.
Biography: Sam lived in Cherrygrove city all her life with her parents and her pet Zigzagoon. The two would often wander through the forests around town, as they were constantly bored. Sam always sought adventures and challenges. She did poorly in school, not because she was unintelligent, but because she got bored very quickly. She never made any particularly good friends who weren't Pokemon, and didn't mind this at all. She loved to wander around making friends with all the Pokemon she found. She was often followed home, or would bring home injured Pokemon, much to the dismay of her parents. When she heard Professor Pines ad to find the Pokemon who starred in her favorite bedtime stories, she jumped at the offer for adventure. After much persuasion, her parents finally agreed, and almost immediately, she was on her way to New Bark.
Sam is very adventurous, if a bit rash. She has an affinity for Pokemon, but that is quickly balanced by her inability to get along too well with most humans. Despite this, she tries to get along with them, but she tends not to speak too much and seems distant. She is rather open minded and friendly, but her friendly is much less outgoing than most. While she does not do anything to push people away, she has stopped going out of her way to try and make friends, and doesn't mind the lack of them. Most Pokemon seem to like her quickly, and she rather enjoys their company. She is amazed by the sheer power that can be found in Pokemon, and the mystery that surrounds the legendary Pokemon.
Pokémon

Solir

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!

Last edited by sammy0295; 08-03-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 PM

Alright sammy0295 you are accepted :) Feel free to start posting in the main thread when you want to.

I recognize your avatar from a game I played when I was little, btw. So many memories 8)
Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm View Post
Alright sammy0295 you are accepted :) Feel free to start posting in the main thread when you want to.

I recognize your avatar from a game I played when I was little, btw. So many memories 8)
Cool thanks. I'll start working on my post.
I loved that game. I really wish I still had it. :)

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post

Cool thanks. I'll start working on my post.
I loved that game. I really wish I still had it. :)
You go do that :) you don't have to write as long a post as I did, but you are also allowed to write longer posts.

Me too. I played it to bits. Maybe we should start a Lion King RP lol

@ Thunderbolt - good first post! You gave Pine a nice funny personality xD

For almost every battle, the participating pokémon will gain one or several (later on) levels. And if you write a very intriguing post that gave me something really fun or exciting to read, pokémon that appeared in the post can gain a level even if they didn't battle. I believe pokémon can get valuable experience from more things than just battling, you see ;) this isn't strictly like in the games.

Last edited by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers; 08-02-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:48 PM
White Knight Offline

Aww thanks! It's nice to know the time I wasted doing it was appreciated. xD

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP