Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Kai-Mei Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default [WAR X] Deleting...

WARNING! There is a different save file that is already saved. If you save now, the other file’s adventure, including items and Pokémon, will be entirely lost. Are you sure you want to save now and overwrite the other save file?

YES

>NO<

Alakazam

So we really are just letters and numbers to you, Trainer. I had thought at one point that you would view us differently than the rest, that you were unlike the other humans who journeyed across our lands. That you had come to recognize us as friends.

Is this really all we are to you?

There was that time we beat Misty, remember? It was my first time watching a Gym Battle on your team, but you let me hold back. Charizard-- then, a mere Charmeleon-- was the only one to fight, even though he had a glaring type disadvantage. He fought tooth and claw so that you would win, despite how the odds were stacked against him. It was as if he was possessed, and all so that you could have the Cascade Badge that you coveted so. He was ready to die so that your dreams would come true.

I couldn’t understand it at first, but he was right. We are all ready to die for your dreams.

I had just joined the team, then, and I remember how you kept me in my Pokéball, watching, waiting, observing. You were so excited, so full of vitality, that I actually felt joy being around you. Your happiness was contagious and electric, and even so early in our journey, I began to grow closer to you for it.

There were only four of us then. We prided, and still pride, ourselves on being among the originals, the ones that were with you always, no matter where you went. If you had tried to release us then, we would have refused and doggedly followed you until you accepted us again. If you had told us to die for you, we would have done so without hesitation.

The day you traded me away nearly broke me.

I didn’t realize why you were doing it at the time, and the team all laughed about it afterwards, but I was so scared. Not of the new things, new possibilities, but that I was stepping out of the range of your joy. That I wasn’t good enough to keep my spot with the others. That I had failed you.

You shone for us, Trainer. And we, in all of the good times and bad… we tried to shine for you, too. We wanted to make you proud. Why… why would you leave us like this?

The day you found me on Route 25 is one I can never forget. Granted, my mind retains all information, but even if I could forget it, I never would have. I was shy, then, fleeing at a moments notice. But… There was something in you that made me stay. Why else, then, did I stay long enough to be captured? I maintain to this day that there was something glimmering in your eyes, something that I could not have seen any other way.

Hope.

Even to the end of our journey, it was your hope that made us strong. I cannot comprehend how, but it has always filled me with strength I didn’t know I had.

Vaporeon

I’m not that much of a talker. But Charizard wanted me to say something, and I will. He loves you, Trainer.

Choices, choices. You were conflicted when you couldn’t decide what I should evolve into. I remember how you stood at the Pokémart for hours, pacing and pondering.

I wouldn’t have minded being a Flareon, actually. A little fire has always burned inside of me, trying to take root. A little rebellion, if you will. But I gladly put that aside for you. You needed something to cross the raging currents of the sea, and I was the only one capable of doing so.

Evolution hurts. Even now, as I look at myself and see how things have changed… it wounds me. But you helped me through it.

But now, as I look at all of us and see how things have changed, I am still wounded. But there is no one to help me, this time.

Mewtwo

I am supposed to feel sad, apparently. That is what that idiot Alakazam tells me every time we go over this.

I have no sorrow at our parting, though. Pokémon are tools, whether for war or peace. You chose peace, like all cowards should, and now that our time is done, it is perfectly okay for you to throw us aside.

Normally, I could believe something like that. But you, too, have changed me. I am not the monster I used to be. I am not the mind I used to be, either.

I do not know what poor, hapless creature you replaced on your team to get me into the sixth slot. That looks like the first sign of your slipping, I think. That member was probably a valued friend of yours, maybe among the first you ever captured. You got rid of him or her, and for what? The extra power? Do not pride yourself on it, Trainer. I am definitely not worth that price.

Normally, I would not have been able to believe something like that, either.

But you have changed me. You and the rest of this team.

And now you have changed yourself, too.

Disappointment. Disgust. You, who touched the hearts of so many, who helped them grow to be strong, now chose to cast that all aside. I do not care what you do to me; I have been broken far too many times already. I cannot be hurt any more. But what you do to those five – no, the six – that came before me… that is something I cannot understand. You raised them in an Eden of Lies, carefully pruning their dreams to fruition. And now, today, you chose to burn their dreams to the ground so that you can have your own.

The part that sickens me the most is that none of us will try to stop you. If you are willing to let us die for your dreams, I know that none of us will try to stop you. And for that, Trainer, you disappoint me.

I think… I think I would… I’d miss you, too.

Butterfree

I…It’s not my fault, is it? Oh, please, please don’t let it be my fault! I know I-I was never as strong as the others, but… but I always tried my hardest for you! I promise, I did!

The rest of the team was always s-so wonderful and strong. But f-for some reason, you kept me, and… for th-that… I’m so grateful. I n-never knew why you let my stay. I couldn’t learn any HMs to help you. I was so useless, but you never let me go. I did my best for you!

I-I was so happy when you caught me. I w-was just a little Caterpie back then, and I was so… so… weak. I needed someone strong to look after me, to nurture me to grow stronger. Y-you… you became that someone. You were that someone from the minute.

M-maybe I was never that strong, even after all of the care you gave me. I was always the f-first to go down in a fight, but you… you still believed in me. You let me keep fighting. It wasn’t cruel, though. It was like you understood how m-much I needed to fight for you. I felt such an enormous debt towards you for helping me be strong, and… and… I-I… I needed to pay you back.

I fo-fought with you… so many time. I won some, lost more… did I lose too many, Trainer? I-I’m so sorry! Please don’t leave them because of m-m-me… I couldn’t stand that.

P-Please… don’t leave us because of me.

Pidgeot

Hey, there. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? A long while.

Perhaps you should think this through, just a little? Why would you cast us aside, like broken tools, like the rest, if we really mean as much to you as you used to say?

You used to tell us that all the time, you know. You’d fill all of us with joy, tell us how much you loved us. It made us fly so much higher, as a team.

You stopped doing that at some point.

If you ever need me to fly you places, just say the word. I’ll always be there for you. Just like you’ll always be there for us.

Please don’t leave us. You and I… we’ve been through so much. We all have. Why would you leave us? You’re all we ever had. Without you, we are nothing.

But I understand the urges you feel. The need to spread your wings when the ground doesn’t feel big enough for you. How the sky looks so much freer than any other option. I know how you feel.

But we can come with you. Can’t we?

I’ll wait for you, Trainer, until you finally learn that the sky is just an illusion and you must always return to the earth.

I’ll wait for you.

Forever, if I have to.

Charizard

Well… so this is the end, huh?

I guess… this is hard. I know it is. I just don’t know what to say. I’d like to say that I understand. That I can see why you want new adventures, and that we’re old, and that we’ve had our fun. We went through a lot together, but we are the ones frozen in time. You still keep moving. You’ll grow up, and then you’ll keep growing. We won’t be able to follow you. I know that. That is the knowledge deeply ingrained in every one of our hearts, to protect us from the hurt when it inevitably happens. But I can’t pretend that it doesn’t hurt.

And I can’t pretend that I understand what you’re thinking.

I remember thinking that I would stay with you forever after the moment you chose me, if you needed me to.

Well, I guess forever isn’t as long as I thought. In the back of my mind, I’ve known that this day would come. I’ve been waiting for this day for six years with dread, as soon as we finally captured that one, Mewtwo.

You got rid of Beedrill for that freak of nature. Beedrill, who had been with us since the beginning. The very first Pokémon we had captured, with the help of that coffee guy, when the poor little thing was just a Weedle. Beedrill, who had been with us since the beginning. I hadn’t wanted anything to do with him at first. Creeped me out. But it was you who told me to understand, helped us raise that little guy into a fearsome fighter.

And it was you who chose to release him and let him rot.

He’s strong, though. He’s not like Butterfree, not so timid. He’ll bear it. I just wish it was me.

I’ve been fearing that this day would come as soon as you felt like you were done. But you didn’t leave us. Not at first. You were slipping away, yes, but you were always there for us. We had so many good times together—you and I, everyone else. We were an unbreakable team. Family.

What was the word again? You used it once. Nakama. Japanese, if I’m to recall correctly. It means friends, friends who are family.

No, it means more than that. Friends who are more than family. Friends who would do anything, give anything, go anywhere for each other. You always put yourself on the line, and we did the same for you.

You have use, Trainer. Why would you ever need anyone else? That… that’s the root of my disappointment. I know you’ll want new adventures. That’s why you chose me, I think. Considered to be the weakest of the three. A spirit of fire and air, born to fly but chained to the earth until I found my wings. You’ll always want new adventures. But… is there any reason why we can’t have them together?

I’d like to think that we had a special bond. I was your first partner. I was the one who had stayed by your side. At some point, it was almost Beedrill… but that past is unspeakable, now. But I was just deluding myself. You loved us all equally. You were our fire in the darkness, the beacon of light to keep us safe and guide us. You were our rock for support. And in exchange, we were always there for you.

We fought for you, Trainer. We gave you everything.

And now… you’re going to leave us behind. I can’t pretend I didn’t see it coming, but… it disgusts me. What about everything we had, Trainer?! Nakama! That is what I fought for. That is what I was ready to die for.

And you’ve thrown it all away. Disappointment.

Not in you, though. In ourselves. We weren’t strong enough. We’ve failed you.

I’ve failed you. I was the oldest, the strongest. I should’ve been there, to help them get stronger so you’d be there for us. I’ve failed you.

I should be the one to suffer, the one to take the price of your disappointment. You shouldn’t let the others hurt because I was too weak.

Farewell, and may the wind rise beneath your wings when you fly. Even if you forget us, know that we will never forget you. Always, we will hold you in our hearts.

Goodbye, my friend. But know that no distance will hide what I feel from you.

I wasn’t strong enough, Trainer. I’ve failed you.

I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry, to all of them and most of all to you.

>YES<

NO

Deleting…

Last edited by Kai-Mei; 07-31-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Deleting...

Just remember. They are going to be the ones that are laughing at you when you are in hell xD Jk jk.

A very good story. I too, when I was little, experienced this type of situation where I thought about the good times I had with them. But, in the end, they are all just letters and numbers, no matter how much you wish they were not.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Kai-Mei Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Just remember. They are going to be the ones that are laughing at you when you are in hell xD Jk jk.

A very good story. I too, when I was little, experienced this type of situation where I thought about the good times I had with them. But, in the end, they are all just letters and numbers, no matter how much you wish they were not.
Oh, lol, I entirely understand that the games that enrapture us so much are merely pixels on a screen, with some coding and colors thrown in. If they were real, that'd be so fricking epic, but they're not.

...I just like playing on the emotion that they are, because it makes the story a lot more... heartfelt, I guess. There's something about being told off by a group of pixels that isn't quite as touching as if they were friends. I guess you could pretend that they were anime-gameboy fused universes? XD

Although, yeah, this sprang mostly from the time when I was six or so and decided to start over my game of Gold... I had nightmares for months that my Typhlosion was stuck in the coding somewhere, waiting for me, and I kept hoping I'd see it randomly in the grass one day.

APPARENTLY NOT.

But yeah. XD
Old 07-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
Oh, lol, I entirely understand that the games that enrapture us so much are merely pixels on a screen, with some coding and colors thrown in. If they were real, that'd be so fricking epic, but they're not.

...I just like playing on the emotion that they are, because it makes the story a lot more... heartfelt, I guess. There's something about being told off by a group of pixels that isn't quite as touching as if they were friends. I guess you could pretend that they were anime-gameboy fused universes? XD

Although, yeah, this sprang mostly from the time when I was six or so and decided to start over my game of Gold... I had nightmares for months that my Typhlosion was stuck in the coding somewhere, waiting for me, and I kept hoping I'd see it randomly in the grass one day.

APPARENTLY NOT.

But yeah. XD
You are right. He is waiting... and haunting you. xD

Agreed good ma'am, agreed.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Re: [WAR X] Deleting...

I like this. It's very emotional, and it really does get the reader thinking before deleting their save file.

I enjoy how you make the personalities so different with every character, it really does show the effort you put into making them all, and the effort into writing this up.

I noticed, when it came to Charizard's turn to speak, his emotions were always changing. From calm, to anger, disgust and then to fear, sorrow etc.

I think we've all been through a similar feeling when we were younger, and you've nailed it on this. A great piece of work, I thoroughly enjoy your writing.

~ Seal Boy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.