Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default [ADVENTURE] Suvaty: A Tropical Challenge [OLD AND DEAD THREAD]

This is the first post, really just a rules post, please don't begin until I say you can.

Now, first off, this is my first time GMing a virtual rp, so please, hang with me. I've spent 5-6 years DMing D&D sessions so I do have the eperience required. I'm just used to seeing dice rolled and sitting with my players.

I just have one big rule:
DO NOT ARGUE WITH OR QUESTION THE GM! I am the creator and shaper of the world you are in, and I can blink you out of existence. While I have never been so cruel to my players, I do get vengance for outbursts. I have the final say.

And here's the perfect example of a final say, if there is ever a need to roll dice, I will be the one to roll, and I will use this app.

Why am I going to roll? Because I am impartial. I am not biased. You may, I'm not saying you would, fudge a roll or say you got a nat 20.

And with rolls, the tie goes to the defender for anything. That's the way I roll, mind the pun.

Next post is region background, and the 3rd will be the first post of the rp.

Last edited by Ant2011; 03-12-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Default Re: Dawn of a New Era

Region background

This rp takes place in the Suvaty region. Suvaty is a great distance from any other region, and as such none of you were born in Suvaty. It does not matter which region you hail from, all that matters is that you are en route to Suvaty now. Suvaty is unique in that there is no set order for obtaining gym badges.

I am not going to post a map of Suvaty until someone obtains a map. All you are allowed to know is this:

The Pier leads directly to Avar Town, which is where the lab is, however, there is a winding route that will be sure to test any new trainer to Suvaty.

Now Players, your characters are on a ship bound for Suvaty. The ship has stopped in several different regions and locations to pick up all of you. You may have bumped into each other passing in the ship, but you haven't really sat down to get to know each other. The rp will pick up around here, after I post one more time the ship will be close to docking at the Pier. Good Luck, and let's go.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Default Re: Dawn of a New Era

Professor Ginko sat in his lab alone. The autumn sunlight poured in from the windows. He was reading information about the slew of new trainers bound for Suvaty. Some of these trainers seemed more capable than others but who was he to judge? He was a short, eccentric, old man. He was about 4 feet tall and looked to be 70 years old. His skin was tanned and his hair was snow white. He wore a pair of odd glasses, the right lens was cracked and the left was green. His labcoat pockets were filled with paper and pens, his shirt was a purple polo, his pants were wrinkled khakis, and he wore slippers. He sighed, "Well, the ship should be here soon, and then they'll need to deal with the route to me."

"This is your captian speaking, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for choosing to sail with us to Suvaty, and please enjoy your stay on this luxurious island. We'll be landing soon so please, take this time to gather your luggage, Pokemon, and children." The ship was filled with the clamor of hundreds of trainers and beach-goers. Suvaty was well known for its resorts and beaches, but a handful of people on that ship didn't care, they came for the Pokemon.

((OOC: You may begin now))
Old 05-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Default Re: Suvaty: A Tropical Challenge

Robert Masters
Room 103, Boat

Robert sat on the edge of his bed with his backpack open and his gear laid out all over the bed. He made sure to check over each piece of equipment for any signs of rips, tears or anything else that would require any stitch work to fix. He had a small pop tent, a tightly rolled up sleeping bag, a canister of Pokemon food, a mess kit, a lighter, a change of clothes, two leather canteen flasks and a few pouched of travel rations for himself. If anything, his Riolu ate better than he himself did, But Robert wouldn't have it any other way. To him, his Riolu Lilac was his partner and companion.

When the announcement came over the intercom, Robert looked over to his Riolu and smiled. "It's time to get ready girl. Soon we'll reach the island and meet a whole bunch of new companions, and we'll hone our skills. This trip will make us stronger, and then one day, we'll be the Champions of the Indigo League!" Robert spoke as he began to pack everything away in his bag in a neat and organized manner, being helped by Lilac. Once everything was packed, Lilac hopped up onto Robert's shoulder once Robert put his backpack on, and then he headed out onto the deck of the ship.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:04 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Spencer Thompson
Ship en route to Avar Town

Spencer grinned slightly as he stretched his long limbs out. His sharper-than-normal teeth seemed to glimmer in the sun, and a small child took one look at him and then turned around and swiftly walked the other way. "Tsk," he said with a slight sneer, looking through the rails he was sitting right next to, looking out at the sprawling ocean. Part of the natural beauty was lost to his brown eyes with his sunglasses on, so he lifted it up to rest on the top of his head. For a second the blonde's eyes sparkled as a reflection to the sun that was hitting the water in the perfect way to make it sparkle like diamonds.

As he looked out, his mind wandered to Pokemon, as it often did. He thought of all the creatures that were living in the ocean, even swimming next to the ship. There were giant creatures that made all of those on land seem small, and swift fish that could quickly swarm and eliminate a threat in moments, at least in its own natural habitat. At some point in his journey he would come back, study, and categorize all these creatures. But for now, on this ship, he was on a mini-vacation, the last time to rest before the hardships that were to come.

His thoughts were scattered when a chirp sounded in his ear. Michael alighted on his shoulder, back from a quick morning fly. While the ship didn't allow too many Pokemon on board; it would make it awkward if a great many Pokemon were running around creating havoc. They had made a few exceptions, especially to first time trainers with small, weak Pokemon who couldn't do too much harm. Smirking slightly, Spencer lifted his hand, bringing the small treat to the beak of his Pidgey. The trainer stretched once again, looking at some of the others on the ship.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 05-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Avalon
Room 104

Avalon was a mystery to most of the people. He was by no means a recluse, and indeed, his sightings on various parts of the ship were numerous; it was just too much of a challenge for anyone to go to him and interact with him, and henceforth have to deal with his insane Riolu, unless they were being paid to do so.

Avalon got room service, so the people that had to go in-as they were getting paid-were the only ones to do so, following a logic train of thought.

Avalon and Scyez had similar traits. Avalon and Scyez, for instance, were both crashed out on the bed out of sheer boredom. Don't get them wrong, though: They'd probably blitz out of that room the instant the announcement came on that said that they docked. And that was the plan. They already had everything packed, and could rush off the boat in seconds.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra
Default Re: [ADVENTURE] Suvaty: A Tropical Challenge

(For the record, very glad this isn't D&D. I'd be paranoid that the tropics might try and eat me. That is all)

Suzu (Bell) and Gaia
On deck, Boat

"What do you think Gaia? Is this beautiful or what?" Suzu was stretched out on a chair at the front, and lowermost, deck of the ship. Lifting her sunglasses, she gazed around the crystal water and opalescent sand stretching before them. "I can't wait to reach Avar Town! I heard it's wonderful, but a little crowded because the tourism it attracts." Glancing down at the water, Suzu couldn't help but wonder what kind if Pokemon inhabited it. Seeing as Avar Town was mostly a tourist attraction, there wasn't much to be said about their Pokemon population.

To her left, Suzu's Pokemon was stretched out on a small towel; her vines were stretched out to either side of her body, absorbing the sun. She shifted slightly, adjusting to get a more even distribution. As far as Budew go, this one was a fanatic for detail. She murmured a sigh of agreement, loving the open skies better than the forest she and her trainer were raised in.

Smiling to herself, Suzu's gaze wandered the ship for the other passengers with Pokemon. She saw them get on, ran into one or two, but hadn't extensively spoke with one. Having grown up in the forest, Suzu preferred spending her nights on the deck rather than in a room. As her gaze travelled up toward the next deck, she spotted a Pidgey flying down and land on someone's shoulder. He looked stunning with his blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and calm demeanor. Still, Suzu decided to be cautious. "Always remain on guard. Never let them catch you unaware," she muttered to herself.

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 05-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

The ship was full of the hustle and bustle of passengers rushing to their rooms to finish packing. Sounds of children laughing and parents shouting were drowned out by the loudspeaker, "This is your captain, I'd like to inform you that we seem to be, a little off schedule and may arrive a bit late. Now don't worry, in fact, I invite all of you to enjoy a complimentary breakfast in the dining hall. And remember, when you sail with us, you sail in style." The message got through to the passengers as a mob of people made their way to the dining hall.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Avalon
Room 104, En-Route to Dining Hall

"This is your captain, I'd like to inform you that we seem to be, a little off schedule and may arrive a bit late. Now don't worry, in fact, I invite all of you to enjoy a complimentary breakfast in the dining hall. And remember, when you sail with us, you sail in style."

The news got Avalon and Scyez both up. It was both good news and bad: The bad news was that they'd be arriveing late. In fact, it was terrible news. They had a way to get off the ship in record time once it was docked. Avalon bet that it would dock while they were eating the food. Eating the food in itself, as well as possibly interacting with fellow trainers, was the good news.

Avalon grabbed his bag, and despite the less-than-pretty news about the late arrival, made an all-out blitz to the dining hall. In doing so, Avalon's appearance on the deck was like he was shot out of the hall from a cannon. Taking only a second's worth of notice of the people on-board, Avalon took a sharp turn to the direction of the dining hall. Scyez was clinging onto his head all the while, making a loud and definatly audiable call: "Riiiiii!!!" She looked like she was having the time of her life.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Robert Masters
Dining Hall, Boat

It seemed like the ride was going to be delayed for a short moment, and the offer of free food was enough to get Robert in the mood for some breakfast. After watching another trainer speed by with a Riolu clinging to the man's head, Robert calmly walked to the dining hall while his Riolu sat upon his backpack.

Entering the dining hall, Robert went up to the all you can eat buffet and took a plate and a bowl. He picked out some fruits, scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes for himself, before then filling the bowl with berry cubes and Pokefood for his Riolu Lilac. After grabbing a table and setting the plate and bowl down, Robert headed over to get himself and his Riolu some glasses of moo milk. Lilac sat on the table itself to eat while Robert sat himself down at the table and began to enjoy his breakfast.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Spencer Thompson
En Route to Breakfast Hall

A bell rang from the various speakers on top of the ship, and everyone suddenly stopped talking to listen. The captain's familiar voice echoed from the coffee shop that Spencer was sitting next to and the speaker that was resting on the outside of the same shop. "This is your captain, I'd like to inform you that we seem to be, a little off schedule and may arrive a bit late. Now don't worry, in fact, I invite all of you to enjoy a complimentary breakfast in the dining hall. And remember, when you sail with us, you sail in style."

The young adult rolled his eyes, watching a veritable mob stand up as one to rush to the elevators. The breakfast hall was in the middle of the ship with the rest of the restaurants. 'This is going to be packed,' he thought, 'wouldn't it be better to send us in groups?' Still, he was hungry, and the now cold hot chocolate sitting in his hand just wasn't cutting it. So he followed the rest, choosing the stairs, knowing that to wait for the elevator would be ensuring his seat next to the whining child who keeps sneezing all over.

Staying a step behind the teenagers in front of him, Spencer made his way to the main dining hall, wondering what was going on.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Suzu and Gaia
Dining Room, Boat

Suzu began drifting off in the warm sunlight that she was basking in on the front deck. Gaia was on the same boat (no pun intended) and was softly snoring within minutes. Just as Bell began to sleep, a loud voice came over an intercom directly over her head. Jumping with a shout, and falling off her chair, Bell glared up at the intercom and shook her Pokemon awake.

"This is your captain, I'd like to inform you that we seem to be, a little off schedule and may arrive a bit late. Now don't worry, in fact, I invite all of you to enjoy a complimentary breakfast in the dining hall. And remember, when you sail with us, you sail in style." The announcement caught Gaia's attention, who was definitely up for a glass of water and a breakfast salad with some eggs.

Sighing softly to herself, Bell picked up her Pokemon and rushed to the dining hall. Rushing through the door, she ran into a chair. She tripped and fell flat on her face, the exact opposite of the path she planned to take in life. Cursing herself for being a terrible attempt at a ninja, she sat up to see the "chair" was actually a Houndour.

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 05-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Avalon
Dining Hall

Food.

Food, food, and more food. Avalon and Scyez have never once been able to eat that much food at once without paying a cent in their lives. Considering that Avalon's and Scyez's activity levels were way up there, this was almost too good to be true without some kind of hitch.

Avalon took his position in line patiantly, but fortunatly, he was nearly at the front. It took little time for Avalon to help himself to an orange, a lemon, grapes, strawberries, yogurt, bacon, and an ommlet. Avalon also found Pokefood for Scyez, and took a large portion. The cups were small, so Avalon dispensed three cups of lemonade and one cup of Avalon's favorite soda. Two of those cups of lemonade were for Scyez, as she loved lemonade.

He took the seat next to another Trainer with a Riolu (Highly coincidental, he presumed), and allowed himself to eat the great deal of food in front of himself at last. Scyez followed suit shortly afterwards. Neither stuffed themsleves at record time, nor did they take time to savor the food. But they were very content with eating it.

Avalon paid little mind to the trainer next to him when he got up to go get something else from the buffet table. He and his Riolu, in contrast to Avalon and Scyez, were both calm and civil. Avalon decided to talk to them, after he got back from getting his milk, of course.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:56 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Jessica Smith
Boat to Suvaty: Room -> Dining Hall
A young brunette woman sighed as she relaxed on the bed, currently in the room she was staying in on this boat. She was reflecting on recent events in her life, her hair currently messed up from not being brushed. Her brown eyes started at the pale ceiling, not really focused on anything. Her dark clothing was easily seen against the white comforter that was that covered the mattress. She took in a deep breath as she closed her eyes, still reflecting.

Not long ago, she got into a major argument with her mother. Luckily for the young woman, her father was home and was there to comfort her when she was becoming an emotional wreck and in risk of hitting her mother. It was shortly after that did her father take her out, having a surprise for her. As she waited by her father's trusted Mightyena, the man dressed in his police uniform returned to her with a box. It was open, and she tilted her head to the side before standing to look into it. Curled up in a tight ball was a black form. She could tell it was fur and she noticed gray patters on its head and back. Shortly after red eyes opened, and she noted another detail. Over the right eye she saw a scar start from under its brow, stopping at the top of the eye to continue down to the middle of its cheek. After a moment, she saw that it was a Houndour. Her father rescued it from an abusive owner, and he was giving it to her to give it a better life.

"Now Jessica, take care of him. He will become a very loyal companion, and since he will be your first you two will form an unbreakable bond," her father's words sounded in her head.

Jessica sighed before she sat up and rang her fingers through her tangled hair. She looked beside her to the curled up black ball and smiled. What her father said was true. After the Houndour learned he could trust her, he completely opened up to her. He never left her side and refused to be put into a Pokéball. She named him Surge, thinking it was a powerful name for the pup. He shifted when he felt his partner's weight shift and looked up at her with tired eyes.

"This is your captain, I'd like to inform you that we seem to be, a little off schedule and may arrive a bit late. Now don't worry, in fact, I invite all of you to enjoy a complimentary breakfast in the dining hall. And remember, when you sail with us, you sail in style."

Both human and Pokémon sighed, but then looked at one another. Their eyes locked, and Jessica smiled. "Well, food sounds good don't it?" she asked, getting a nod from Surge. "Then let's go get it while it's hot."

Jessica fixed her hair as the Houndour jumped off the bed. Shortly after they made their way to the dining hall, Surge ahead of her. He was always ahead of her if not next to her, looking ahead to make sure his human companion would never be put in harms way. The two planed to follow in Jessica's father's footsteps and work well together as he did with his Mightyena. Jess was to become a Ranger, and then work for higher ranks to do all she could to make the world safer like her father. And she was extremely happy to have a loyal partner in Surge.

As the Houndour look around the room, knowing his trainer was a few feet behind still in the hall, he wasn't expecting what came next. A woman ran into the room and tripped over him. He didn't yelp as he was knocked over and rolled, but quickly got back up to his feet and growled. He examined the woman. She had blonde hair and dark eyes, but she didn't seem much of a threat as he relaxed. He heard foot steps behind him and looked to his other side to see Jessica enter the room and rushed to his side, knealing down to look him over before looking at the woman.

"I'm sorry, are you alright?" she asked, picking Surge up in her arms as she waited for a reply.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 05-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Spencer Thompson
Dining Hall

With Michael on his shoulder, Spencer walked into the room. His simple black shirt somehow found a way to stand out with all of the dads rocking their Hawaiian shirts. Casting a glance around the room, he quickly found an empty spot near a small group of teenagers who also had Pokemon. The Pidgey chirped in excitement at seeing other Pokemon, and a few heads turned towards the spikey-haired young adult. As always he ignored them, sitting down and pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

As expected, the room was chaos. It would be suicide to try to get any food with the horde of hungry children all dog piling on the heaping mound of food that was slopped out to try to sooth the masses. Not too surprisingly he quickly found himself bored, with everyone his age too spread out to find one group to talk to. Even if he did they probably wouldn't take him too seriously; many had either went on the trip or gotten over their trainer adventure stage, moving on to different professions or continuing to become a scientist or gym leader of some sort. But Spencer had already decided that he wouldn't let thoughts like these get him down. Nothing would stand in the way of his goals.

To pass the time he started studying the habits of the other new trainers and more importantly their Pokemon. There were many varieties to study in his immediate area, with everything from a Riolu to a Houndour. With any hope something would happen to make this whole trip not pointless.