Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:15 AM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Fanfic Idea: Silver's Earth

Hey guys,

Over the past two weeks, I've developed an idea for a fanfiction about the three years between Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver, but I want to get some feedback on the premise before I actually start writing. By my guess, it'll be about 70,000 to 80,000 words, and that's a pretty big commitment.

However, its not an outlandish goal-- I've written a 140,000-word novel before. If I can do that, then I can do this.

---

Anyway, the fanfic will focus on Giovanni's son, Silver. It will take place a few months after Red is proclaimed champion, and Team Rocket will have fallen.

Nonetheless, a Sevii branch, headed by Scientist Gideon, has sprung up, just like in FireRed/LeafGreen. Only in THIS iteration of the story, Red will not get involved, and it takes a month for Team Rocket to spring back.

Giovanni, however, doesn't abandon Silver-- rather, he dies of Leukemia. Silver isn't seven years old; he's fifteen, and his relationship with his father was good.

In Giovanni's will, he asks Silver to stop Gideon, who had already been acting suspiciously prior to Giovanni's death, and to reestablish Team Rocket as a more venerable organization. Silver is glad to comply, but Gideon learns of Giovanni's request before Silver can act upon it, and now he's planning to get rid of Silver for good...

---

Sorry if the tenses are mixed up; I'm not used to writing if it's not in past tense.

I have the entire story planned; it's just a matter of writing it. Would people be interested in this?

Hork-Bajir . . . . Taxxon

Last edited by WatchMeBeQuieter; 04-22-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Fanfic Idea: Silver's Earth

Killing villains, even old ones, with cancer has always seemed like a cop-out to me. Better to make their death result from the plot somehow.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 04-22-2011, 03:59 AM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Well, he's not really a villain in this fanfic. And he needs to be dead before the story takes place, and I want to make him appear sympathetic.

Nonetheless, you might be right. I'll give it some more thought. Otherwise, what do you think of the premise?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:02 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I think it is excellent! And it is good that you thought it all out before you even started writing it. When I started my adventure Fan Fic, Pokemon: Ordo Origins, I totally botched it. I started writing it and THEN developed the idea I wanted, but upon reading the ENTIRE thing, I realized I was screwed. Oh well...

It is good that you won't do the same thing, CAN'T WAIT to see it!
Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 AM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Sweet, thanks! :D

I'll start writing it when I have the time; probably in a few days or so.

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I post the first update, though, as I want to get a few chapters written beforehand. That way, I'll have the ability to post new chapters when I haven't actually done any new writing, which I may have to do if my personal life gets in the way.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Giratina Offline

It seems like a good idea, but to be honest something strikes me as a little fishy. What convinced Giovanni to turn from a power-hungry jerk into the kind of guy who asks Silver to stop one of his lackeys in his will? And wouldn't Silver be the one to inherit the gang, being able to stop Gideon from higher up on the ladder? It could work, but it would be a little odd, and trying to stop Team Rocket members from doing good things might be a little... well, weird to see.

(Also, just wanna say: the Hork-Bajir and Taxxon thing in your sig made me very happy. : D)

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Dachampster Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Killing villains, even old ones, with cancer has always seemed like a cop-out to me. Better to make their death result from the plot somehow.
Unless its written well.
"Well, where's Giovanni?"
"he died."
"k cool."