Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R
Default Evolution

If you are familiar with the PMD games, you'll understand you can't evolve like in the regular Pokemon games (not Spin-offs).

How evolution works in PMD Red and Blue
How evolution works in PMD EoT/D/S

So, do you actually like how evolution works in the PMD games? Or would you rather evolve normally, example by leveling up? If you do like it, do you like evolving in Red and Blue, or the Explorers of T/D/S?
Do you actually like waiting until you reach the point of the game where you actually can try to evolve your Pokemon?

Discuss! =]
Old 07-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Caspian Offline

Send a message via MSN to Caspian
Default Re: Evolution

I hated the evolution system in PMD Explorers, I didn't really like having to beat the main story with a Chimchar and Turtwig, I really wish they just would have let the player evolve earlier, so that defeating the strong, post-game enemies was an easier task.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:42 AM
atucker22 Offline

I didn't mind it that much in Mystery Dungeon Red, I've played through that game many times. But I HATE it in Time and Darkness. I don't know how to get the Enigma Stone, so I can't unlock hardly any of the post-game stuff that allows you to evolve.

So I wish it was at least a bit easier if it has to be the way it is.
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 AM
White Knight Offline

-vomits in mouth-

The evolution system in both of these games sucks... Evolution, in my gameplay, is sort of like a benchmark for me; I'll say, "okay, i want everyone to have evolved by x time..." and PMD kind of ruined that. But I must say Red>Time/Darkness, nonetheless. (Not that I've gotten to evolution in darkness...:D)
Old 07-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

I didn't like it much, especially since you couldn't evolve mid-dungeon. It'd be kind of cool if you were getting knocked around in a monster house, but then managed to level-up and evolve mid-battle and clear out the room. Having to beat the main storyline like you had to do in Explorers was just too much work for me.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

It didn't impact me too much because I never really evolve my Pokemon anyway and I would have been way too attached to them to make them evolve haha. However I think it would have been cool to be able to evolve a little earlier for people would like to. It's pretty mean making two basic Pokemon take on crazy legends. xD I know I wanted to use a Vaporeon in the main story once and it sucked that I couldn't evolve Eevee until afterwards. It might have made the game too easy though...
Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

In the first two it didn't anger me because at least you can evolve in the second half.
The next three games evoloution annoyed me because I wanted a Lucario and a Raichu to help beat Palkia then Darkrai.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

At first, I didn't like the evolution system in the PMD games, having to wait at a certain point.

I changed my mind because the game would be too easy if you did evolve earlier. I found the Red/Blue PMD evolution to be easier to actually evolve than PMD 2, but the PMD took a little more work to obtain that point in the game because it related to the story.

However, in the PMD Wii games, you're able to level up and evovle:
(Got 'em form Serebii)
I wasn't so sure about it until I also saw a video about it. It was the WiiWare Trailer. Hopefully it leads you to the time of the video, but if not, around 1:30, it shows Piplup turning into Prinplup.

Would you actually like for that to happen in your PMD games? Do you think it's a lot better than waiting at a certain time in the PMD games?