Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Giratina Offline

Default A Peek into the Insanity of Gira's Mind

No, seriously. Don't walk away. Hey, where are you going? Wait!

Anyway, as some of you may have noticed, I've got a lot of plot bunnies rushing around in my head. I've tried to bring them out early, but it seems that the combination of life and Wings Have We have stifled them all. (R.I.P. Abecedarian, Rock Megaphone, and Digimon Adventure 0X!) And the story ideas just don't stop coming. So because I fear for my sanity if I don't, I'm going to post short summaries of the ideas I have for almost every single one of my plot bunnies for your viewing pleasure. Even though these are very brief, input would be loved, because most of them have gotten zero development outside of what I've done with them, and this makes me sadface deeply.

Abecedarian: Some kid from Pastoria City (going by the name of Rodney Harrison; this might sound familiar) meets a shady person in black messing around at his local lake, who drops a very odd-looking stone tile. He turns out to be an Unown in human form, and the tile is what gives him his powers. From there on in, Rodney discovers a little metagame fun called the Mystery Zone -- or Unknown/Unown Zone -- and discovers a plan to overthrow the Legendary Court, run by a group with some nasty ties to the Unown and Rodney's past.

Rock Megaphone: Most of what you may have known about the old Rock Megaphone is probably gone now. The details are the same -- the plot coupons are the Seven Treasures (say goodbye to the Electric Guitar), the heroes are Rescue Team Kamikaze (Cantre the Aerodactyl and Shiva the Vaporeon). The villains and everything else... still foggy.

Genericana: A sequel to 2008's Metal Coat in the same way that Wings Have We is; there's a shared main character, but not much else is the same. The two main characters are Anakrista -- AKA Kris -- and Koya, a couple of International Police agents sent to investigate an area of Kanto where reports state that local Pokémon have stopped evolving. As it turns out, the root of the problem is not something that can be solved by human hands... but conveniently, Kris and Koya have both been transformed into Eevees with no means of contacting the International Police. As Eevees, they continue their investigation, even when the Police start to bring down the world around them.

Don't Stop the Future: Set at least fifteen years before the events of Wings (yes, I do actually have a timeline for all of this), nineteen-year-old Marzel "Lugia" Blackwood trips upon a Shiny Celebi lying in the street... except it's not a Celebi. It's one of several alternately-colored copies created by Mew. But now Mew has been exiled and the 'Shiny' Legendaries have been scattered across the region of Johto, and Marzel is sent on a quest by Arceus to go round them up before they raze the entire world to the ground. The problem? The Shiny Legends are harmless, Arceus is a prick who has been directly responsible for almost every negative event in Marzel's life, and Marzel himself is an all-grown-up delinquent who trolls New Bark with his Typhlosion and punts wild Pokémon for the fun of it.

Tellurian Days Earthshaker Rocco: A big, glorious parody of Magical Girl shows in the Sailor Moon vein, with a little PMD mixed in for good measure. When 'master thief' and fifteen-year-old perv Rocco Pautenaude attempts to steal a precious pendant said to channel the energy of Jirachi himself, he accidentally gets himself transferred to another world as a Lopunny. What's worse, he's accidentally consumed a mystical fruit which gives him superpowers that label him as the Hero of Light (or the Hika-Mi), and is now bound by the power of the Wishing-Star (that would be Jirachi) to defeat the forces of the maniacal Typhon, the Hero of Darkness/Aku-mi. He also has a Cute Monster Sidekick, which is Jirachi in the form of a little kitty cat.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 07-20-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: A Peek into the Insanity of Gira's Mind

Honestly? All of these just make me go "wtf" at the sheer randomness of the events. I can only assume that there is a reason for the Mystery Zone, or that people are turning into Eevees, but as of now I can only raise my eyebrow and say "huh"? That's also likely to be my reaction if I encounter any of these in an actual fic without getting some more explanation. I think I need more detail before I can give any kind of serious input, but I can see the potential.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."

Last edited by Lusankya; 07-20-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Giratina Offline

These were only short summaries. For some events the details are still foggy (which is one of the reasons why none of them have been written to completion), but for others, yes, there are explanations which I left out to avoid TL;DR. For example, the Unown Zone is just a name for the canonical realm where the Unown typically live; it's also the place that Ash and friends got involved with during the third movie, because Greenfield is one of the locations where the worldly barriers between the human world and the Unown Zone are thinner. (The stone tiles mentioned were also the same concept as the box of tiles given to Molly in Spell of the Unown.) Other such locations include the Solaceon Ruins, Tanoby Chambers, Mt. Silver, the Ruins of Alph, and so on and so forth.

I was seeking input on the concepts themselves. All of these events which don't have explanations already will definitely get them before I actually start writing the story.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 07-20-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Pokepenniless Offline

I like "Rock Megaphone" and "Don't Stop the Future".

Last edited by Pokepenniless; 04-10-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: My post was pretty much spam before.