Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
alan d slaya Offline
New Trainer

Default Rise of Gure - A Pokémon Battle to Save the World

"In the beginning was an egg. This egg hatched, and soon the world was born. The wor -

<transmission>
Hello. I'm Ĺ.
</transmission>

- ause as this egg opened up, the legendary Pokémon known as Arceus was brought into existence. However, there was another egg that these legends don't speak of. Inside was a Pokémon named Gure (pronounced "Jir"), who unlike Ar -

<transmission>
I need you to listen carefully. You are being held inside another one of Gure's bases. He's going to try to brainwash you wi -
</transmission>

- to take back the world Gure created. With your cooperation, this world can be restored to its maxi -

<transmission>
There's not much time. Gure is evil. He's trying to take control of you, your Pokémon, and your world. Whether or not he created it is irrelevant. He doesn't own us. This is OUR world now.
</transmission>

- st know that all who try to oppose will be executed. Those who stand at the right claw of Gure will be rewarded greatly for their -

<transmission>
If you want to escape, I can get you out. Just grab the Ĺ in the corner.
</transmission>

- will be coming to your room for your answer soon."

You are in what appears to be a clean, white cell. Unlike a normal prison, however, there is fresh fruit in a bowl on a white, clean table. You've been treated...

Quite well.

Soon, your door opens up. Turning toward the door, you can see a black Beldum opening your door. A quite, robotic voice fills the room.
"Will you join us?"

You may either quickly grab the Ĺ you see on the table, or you may tell the Beldum that you will be aiding Gure in his quest.

<START>

To start, just paste this into a new reply and fill in the information.

Name:
Backstory:

Also give similar information on your THREE Pokémon. (In this world, all trainers are limited to three.) NO LEGENDARIES. You may have a chance to use one later on. If you're feeling brave, lucky, or both, you can say that you start out with no Pokémon, or less than three in hopes of having a good one given to you.

If you want to coin-gamble for your stats, you may, though it's not required. You can read about this in the MATHS section.

Once you've filled in that information, explain what you do or say when the Beldum comes to your cell. No using of asterisks to indicate actions. Please make your post understandable grammar-wise.

<START INFO>

As soon as you've signed up, any replies from me to your post will have your name in bold at the top. In a sense, this roleplay will allow people to have their own separate and distinct storyline that integrates with the others. My post in response to yours will be the story as it goes for YOU specifically.

I'll try to respond to posts as soon as possible, allowing for a smooth and fun roleplay for all of you playing.

Also worth noting, The roleplay starts as soon as one person signs up. If anyone wants to join in afterwards, they may simply respond to this post. Only ten may join.

<GAME INFO>

Each player is limited to three Pokémon. Don't complain to me about it - was Gure's idea. PCs have been destroyed. So if you want a new Pokémon, you must abandon an old one. If you do, that Pokémon may appear later on in the series.

A fainted Pokémon is as good as dead. Pokécenters have been dismantled, Revives of all sorts have been destroyed, and few people know how to restore a Pokémon from being fainted. Only I, the gamemaster, will be allowed to bring a Pokémon back from the faint.

All Pokémon have access to all moves their level would allow them to access, except for TMs. TMs will be made available, however. And like Gen V, all TMs have unlimited use.

Your moves are limited to PP. There will be chances to restore your PP every now and then.

When in battle, just state the ten moves you'd like to use in what order. I'll turn it into an awesome battle scene.

If you choose to help Ĺ, there are awesome perks.
If you choose to help Gure, there are awesome perks.
If you choose to be rogue... I can't help you there.

I'll also be throwing in a few wrenches into the system every now and then.

<MATHS!>

I'm going to use some math to determine all sorts of variables. If you're not good at math, then you are more than welcome to skip this section. The only thing you need to know is this;
All your Pokémon start at level 10.

STATS:
The stats will work like this;
Level * .05 * Base Stat = Stat
This simply means that any stat of your Pokémon is determined by multiplying its level with .05 and the base stat.

Example;
A level 10 Seaking.
(LVL) 10 * .05 * 92 = 46

HP also gets a multiplier of .1 instead of .05.

BASE DAMAGE:
All base damage of a move is calculated as follows;
Stat * Power * .025
This simply means that the Power of an attack is multiplied by the proper Stat and .05

Example;
Aforementioned Seaking uses Megahorn.
(Stat) 46 * (Power) 120 * .03 = 165.6

Seaking uses Poison Jab.
46 * 80 * .03 = 110.4

DAMAGE:
Actual in-battle damage is calculated as follows;
Base Damage * Type Effectiveness - Foe's proper Defence
So the damage against another Pokémon is based on your base damage, their proper defence stat, and the type effectiveness of the move.

Example;
Same Seaking uses Megahorn against a level 20 Seaking.
Defence stat of Level 20 Seaking is 65
(Base Damage) 165.6 * 1 - 65 = 100.6
The Seaking would have 101 damage done against it.

Level 10 Seaking uses Poison Jab against a level 20 Seaking.
110.4 * 1 - 45.4
The Seaking would have 45 damage done against it.

If the calculation returns a 0 or negative number, the attack does no damage.

COIN STAT GAMBLE:
Remember when I said that the stat of a Pokémon are Level * .05 * Base Stat?
You are allowed to change that. If you want, I can do a "coin gamble" for each stat.

I will flip a coin. If it's heads, I'll add .01 to the .05 in the equation. If it's heads, I'll subtract .01. You just tell me how many times you want me to flip a coin for each stat, up to ten times.

Example;
For a level 10 Seaking has a coin flipped three times for it's Attack stat.
If I get heads, tails, and heads, the equation becomes;
Level * (.05 + .01 - .01 + .01) * Base Stat = Stat
Or
Level * (.06) * Base Stat = Stat

STAT BOOSTS
Each stage of a stat being boosted or decreased is 10%.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
alan d slaya Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Rise of Gure - A Pokémon Battle to Save the World

Reserved for important information on Gure.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM
alan d slaya Offline
New Trainer

Reserved for important information on Ĺ.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
alan d slaya Offline
New Trainer

Reserved for information about player's Pokémon battle stats, items, and the like.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 PM
alan d slaya Offline
New Trainer

Reserved for information about player's Pokémon battle stats, items, and the like. Part 2
Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 PM
alan d slaya Offline
New Trainer

"What you need to know"

This is a post dedicated to the previous events that are vital to the gameplay.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

You have the wrong board, this should be in roleplay sign ups, not roleplays. When you get enough people to sign up there, you make the actual RP here.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Moved to Sign-Ups and Discussion.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-20-2011, 01:15 AM
alan d slaya Offline
New Trainer

My roleplay works a little differently. A person's sign-up is an immediate entry into the roleplay, rather than a sign-up and then a start. At any given time during a roleplay, a person may join.

"Also worth noting, The roleplay starts as soon as one person signs up. If anyone wants to join in afterwards, they may simply respond to this post. Only ten may join."

Since this roleplay follows a different standard, can you please move it back, seeing as there isn't a normal "sign-up" period?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Giratina Offline

I don't see why you can't just leave sign-ups open indefinitely and operate the roleplay itself from the main board.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)