Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Civil Unions are usually thought of as a 'lesser' kind of marriage. So, forcing homosexuals to take the 'lesser' kind of marriage is insinuating that they are 'lesser' people. So, it's discriminatory.

I also can't see how you can say civil unions are irrelevant to the discussion. Most places only have civil unions available to gay couples, so they're completely relevant.

Also, I've got too short an attention span, so how exactly did incest and beastiality come up in the discussion? Not that I'm surprised, someone always seems to make that comparison, but I'm intrigued who brought it up and why.
Is it thought to be lesser by the people who do them? My parents were not religously married, and they seem perfectly content with that, with everybody else. A religious person may look at it as 'lesser' but that is only because it lacks the 'grace of God', whatever the crap that is.

Somebody brought an equally relevant topic. If gays are allowed to marry, why can't messed up people marry their siblings/relatives and have multiple spouses.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Civil Unions are usually thought of as a 'lesser' kind of marriage. So, forcing homosexuals to take the 'lesser' kind of marriage is insinuating that they are 'lesser' people. So, it's discriminatory.

I also can't see how you can say civil unions are irrelevant to the discussion. Most places only have civil unions available to gay couples, so they're completely relevant.

Also, I've got too short an attention span, so how exactly did incest and beastiality come up in the discussion? Not that I'm surprised, someone always seems to make that comparison, but I'm intrigued who brought it up and why.
It's thought of as "lesser" because homosexuals use it. That is due to the way homosexuals are perceived in society, not civil unions.

Lord Fedora said that all people should be able to marry no matter what; I asked him if his views also applied to polygamy and incest.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

People can marry their dogs, for all I care. It ain't my life, so why should I give a rats behind about people marrying who they want to?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 PM
VictoriasHoundoom Offline
New Trainer

Do i think so? Hell yes!
Why?
I don't believe that anything, anyone, or even a "god" (i don't believe but I have nothing against people who do, 90% of my family is christian and even so most also agree that LGBT should marry) should be able to tell you who to love. I mean, if you love someone of the same gender you can't exactly help that. And for everyone who thinks it's a choice, did you choose to be straight? If you answered yes you need to rethink that. Anyway, I think it's unfair that they can't, especially in the US where religion isn't supposed to effect goverment or whatever and the only reason they arn't allowed to marry is religious views. I mean, it's just unfair. I think marrige should be open to anyone. I mean, if I want to marry a girl, why can't I? because some people don't like it. I would have to travel to england or somewhere to do it. So chances are I won't get married. Why? Because some people can't see that it's not a choice, because some people are blinded by themselves. Of course this is just my opinion and i'm sorry if I offended anyone. if it sounds like I am bashing christianity or any other religion IM NOT, I love you guys and don't care what you believe. Anyway, I do think they should be able to marry.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriasHoundoom View Post
Do i think so? Hell yes!
Why?
I don't believe that anything, anyone, or even a "god" (i don't believe but I have nothing against people who do, 90% of my family is christian and even so most also agree that LGBT should marry) should be able to tell you who to love. I mean, if you love someone of the same gender you can't exactly help that. And for everyone who thinks it's a choice, did you choose to be straight? If you answered yes you need to rethink that. Anyway, I think it's unfair that they can't, especially in the US where religion isn't supposed to effect goverment or whatever and the only reason they arn't allowed to marry is religious views. I mean, it's just unfair. I think marrige should be open to anyone. I mean, if I want to marry a girl, why can't I? because some people don't like it. I would have to travel to england or somewhere to do it. So chances are I won't get married. Why? Because some people can't see that it's not a choice, because some people are blinded by themselves. Of course this is just my opinion and i'm sorry if I offended anyone. if it sounds like I am bashing christianity or any other religion IM NOT, I love you guys and don't care what you believe. Anyway, I do think they should be able to marry.
In a sense, you are bashing Christianity. Christians tend to hate gays. Heck, almost every religion hates gays.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:17 PM
LS Offline

Why are we still talking about this stupid subject?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
Why are we still talking about this stupid subject?
Because it is not a stupid subject, and people still have their views on it.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Because it is not a stupid subject, and people still have their views on it.
Your views should be personal. Why try to change the point of view of others? Let them think what they want and live on with your life. Trying to argue it with people that will probably never change there mind seems pointless to me.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Your views should be personal. Why try to change the point of view of others? Let them think what they want and live on with your life. Trying to argue it with people that will probably never change there mind seems pointless to me.
But you are trying to influence what I am thinking right now. You are inserting your own point of view. Why else would you do that?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:11 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
But you are trying to influence what I am thinking right now. You are inserting your own point of view. Why else would you do that?
Because discussing stupid topics on a pokemon forum doesn't make sense.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
I've already expressed my views as to why this is one of the most childish and naive worldviews imaginable. "Do as thou wilt" is no way to run anything. If the subject bothers you so much, don't read the thread.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 07-27-2011, 01:26 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I've already expressed my views as to why this is one of the most childish and naive worldviews imaginable. "Do as thou wilt" is no way to run anything. If the subject bothers you so much, don't read the thread.
how is that childish at all? I just don't see a point in trying to caring so much about subjects that are better left alone.

It's not like our little dicussions are going to change anything.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
how is that childish at all? I just don't see a point in trying to caring so much about subjects that are better left alone.

It's not like our little dicussions are going to change anything.
Your entire life is not likely to change anything. So why live?

Art Gallery
Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Your entire life is not likely to change anything. So why live?

Your life might not, but you don't know anything about my life. I have high hopes for it. ^_^

And living is different than talking about the importance of gay marriage. lolol

Especially on a pokemon forum.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Because discussing stupid topics on a pokemon forum doesn't make sense.
Notice the type of thread you are commenting on right? I am sure if the owners of the forum didn't want other discussions, they would get rid of the other discussions thread. It is not like we are on a Pokemon thread discussing this. Avoid it if you don't like it.

You are speaking nothing of Gay Marriage. You are going on a rambling escapade about how arguing is stupid.