Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Phantom0990 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom0990
Default Re: Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBrawl View Post
Good grief, someone lock this thread.
You just brought back to life a dead thread requesting to close it? Congrats, but you're a little late to be making snide comments like "good grief".

Also, Slam Ander, this article explains it a bit. At least better than I could.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
goldwynaut Offline

your gay if you answer no on this thread lol
Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Looks to me like half this thread was ad hominum attacks, with people bashing each other for disagreeing with each other.

As for my opinion, I have the freedom to say whatever I believe, so, I'm against it.

And people who use the freedom of beliefs/whatever argument to support gay marriage but are against incestuous marriage are hypocrites, plain and simple. They can say all their fancy reasons, but if a guy really, REALLY wanted to marry his sister, or even his dog, then the freedom argument should apply without double standard. Right?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Phantom0990 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwhynaut View Post
your gay if you answer no on this thread lol
Really?

Please don't use the word 'gay' like that. It's rude, insensitive, and makes you sound like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Looks to me like half this thread was ad hominum attacks, with people bashing each other for disagreeing with each other.

As for my opinion, I have the freedom to say whatever I believe, so, I'm against it.

And people who use the freedom of beliefs/whatever argument to support gay marriage but are against incestuous marriage are hypocrites, plain and simple. They can say all their fancy reasons, but if a guy really, REALLY wanted to marry his sister, or even his dog, then the freedom argument should apply without double standard. Right?
*Cough*

I absolutely HATE the "gay marriage leads to animal marriage" argument. It's amazingly STUPID. If that's true then heterosexual marriage must lead to gay marriage, and so heterosexual marriage is a slippery slope. Then eating beef leads to eating humans, because if one meat is allowed it must be a slippery slope to eating all meat. Then that having sex with humans must lead to having sex with animals. That driving 55 mph must lead to 75 and 100. Then maybe having one beer leads to drinking a six-pack which leads to binge drinking.

How about this 'slippery slope argument for you. Opposing gay marriage leads to opposing gay rights and to hatred of homosexuals and to being a huge bigot in general, which leads to being a racist and hatemonger and the kind of person who advocates denying civil rights to other human beings under the lying pretense it leads to outrageous stupid things that have nothing to do with consensual relationships between human adults. And not to mention that their same argument means they must oppose letting gay people vote as well; otherwise we'll just let chickens and cows vote too. And their argument means we should not allow interracial marriage, since that's another marriage-related slippery slope -- which also means we should deny voting rights to minorities.

I fail to see your logic, Mr. Spock.

By the way. I'm ace. Now cue you being confused.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Well, having been brought up by an extremely Catholic family, I do oppose gay rights and homosexuality, so you're correct there. I don't care how much people can hate me for it, but I do.

But since I know that can't get me anywhere in life; the way I act on an everyday basis, I just don't like the super in-your-face gays that try to act as faggoty as possible just because they can. The ones that are just 'by the way im gay' and don't shove it in my face, I can live with. I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

(also, as a mcdonalds manager, you can call me slightly racist in a sense because my worst customers are generally indians or black women, and I hate my worst customers ;P)

Last edited by Ridley; 04-03-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Well, having been brought up by an extremely Catholic family, I do oppose gay rights and homosexuality, so you're correct there. I don't care how much people can hate me for it, but I do.

But since I know that can't get me anywhere in life; the way I act on an everyday basis, I just don't like the super in-your-face gays that try to act as faggoty as possible just because they can. The ones that are just 'by the way im gay' and don't shove it in my face, I can live with. I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

(also, as a mcdonalds manager, you can call me slightly racist in a sense because my worst customers are generally indians or black women, and I hate my worst customers ;P)
So why are you not against straight people who are the same way? You cannot go outside your own front door without hearing heterosexual people make sexual jokes and innuendos. The fact is that homosexual marriage would not harm anyone, but would benefit many. Your stance that, "Since I am Catholic and I have the right to say no", is ridiculously flawed. Please, give me an argument against homosexuals and homosexual marriages that does not involve a 2000 year old book or some old dude in a big hat. Thank you.

The very fact that you compared incest or bestiality to homosexual marriage shows how much you are educated about the subject. Very little. I suppose you refute the scientific fact that sexual orientation is genetic? I would also watch your pathetic name calling of homosexuals. If a homosexual is acting flamboyant, it may or may not be attention seeking behavior. Please, educate yourself. "Faggi(o)t" is derogatory, so don't use it.

I cannot see where you are coming from, because you have no real reason to oppose it.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-03-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Phantom0990 Offline

Quote:

you do know that what I said wasn't directed at you, but rather that particular argument? Cause, and I hate to be blunt. I don't give a **** if your a racist Catholic, or whatever you feel like describing yourself. I was talking about that particular argument against gay marriage. I could, honestly, not care less who the hell you are, you are nothing but text on a screen to me, just like I am to you.

Also, since you seem to be sort of tossing it at me. I'm not gay. I'm ace. Big difference.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

why do these threads always turn into this, once personal insults start getting tossed around the party is over. While the thread is a discussion on your opinion, in no way is it meant as a place to store your personal torments or insecurities. Slang that bashes people is not welcome here and from this point on will be looked at as a direct violation to our rules here. Please get back on topic without the drama or this thread will be closed.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 04-06-2012, 07:06 PM
WebMaster Offline
BEAST MODE!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to WebMaster

I've been on the fence about this issue. To me, it does seem a little un-natural but then again, I'm not homosexual so I've never experienced the other perspective so I can't judge. I can't really say if I'm pro or anti on this issue. However, I oppose hatred towards anybody regardless.

That's just my 2 cents. Hopefully, I didn't stir up any trouble with this post
AIM: WebDragoon1337
Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebMaster View Post
I've been on the fence about this issue. To me, it does seem a little un-natural but then again, I'm not homosexual so I've never experienced the other perspective so I can't judge. I can't really say if I'm pro or anti on this issue. However, I oppose hatred towards anybody regardless.

That's just my 2 cents. Hopefully, I didn't stir up any trouble with this post
Can you explain to me how you think it is unnatural?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:18 AM
WebMaster Offline
BEAST MODE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Can you explain to me how you think it is unnatural?
Like I said, I'm heterosexual so I don't know how it's seen from that side.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Surely there is a reason to which you think it is "unnatural". You've clearly formed an opinion on the matter at hand.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I am heterosexual as well, and I can understand "that side" perfectly.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 PM
WebMaster Offline
BEAST MODE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I am heterosexual as well, and I can understand "that side" perfectly.
I'm glad you understand it. It really enriches your thinking with the more learning you've done. Unfortunately, it hasn't been something I studied thoroughly, and I should try to do that more to get a better understanding. Until then, it's a mystery to me.

Btw, about "that side," I wasn't trying to make it seem like a us vs. them thing. Didn't have another description at 11:00 PM lol
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

my answer is yes

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Closed Thread