Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Default Re: Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
For much of its history Christianity won converts through fear, not love.
Quoted for truth!
if it were the real christians way they shall slay all nay sayers (like myself) or convert if yee wish to liveth.

Sounds like the same deal with the Spanish conquistadors & early Americas.

if real Satanists did what christianity did way back when nowa days they'd seem more hethen like than their counterpart whom already did the My way or No way! approach...

Its also why i have a large distrust of christians mostly.

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I laugh when I talk about the Bible with Christians. Modern Christians speak about how the Bible is not supposed to be taken literally, even though that the own basis for the religion was based off taking it literally. Modern Christians pick and choose what aspects of the Bible should be believed or not. Overall, that proves that either people are starting to realize that the Bible is filled with total nonsense, or a lot of Christians are blind.

As I said. God claims that homosexuals are not allowed. Yet he wants you to kill your own children if they disobey you.

He says that women and men should not show lust or adultery, but then says it is perfectly okay for the Jews to turn prisoners into sex slaves.

God said that all people must be obedient to their parents, but Jesus himself said that he had arrived to turn sons and daughters against their fathers and mothers.

It is all way to messed up and contradictory for the stories to be taken even as a form of puzzle or riddle.

@Mr420 How are Satanists any different from Christians? You worship a deity. You have fundamentalists. You argue against non-believers.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 09-16-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

so how this for a nice fat C*ck slap in your faces for all opposed!

the Ban on Gay marriages is found to be UNconstitutional Booya!

@ PE2K voices "they" is not me. I do not actually believe in a diety as I belive each and every person has the will to be a god. but people are so dependent on the material world we will not achieve humanities true potential.

I refer to myself as a satanist because a) I renounce all earthly religions therefore rendering me satanic b) satatists embrace the raw and crude nature of man and all his/her indulgences
what christians calls adultery I see as an act of ultimate pleasure and ones true nature.

Pokérus Empire
Old 02-07-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
so how this for a nice fat C*ck slap in your faces for all opposed!

the Ban on Gay marriages is found to be UNconstitutional Booya!

@ PE2K voices "they" is not me. I do not actually believe in a diety as I belive each and every person has the will to be a god. but people are so dependent on the material world we will not achieve humanities true potential.

I refer to myself as a satanist because a) I renounce all earthly religions therefore rendering me satanic b) satatists embrace the raw and crude nature of man and all his/her indulgences
what christians calls adultery I see as an act of ultimate pleasure and ones true nature.
It has been under accusations for being unconstitutional years, people just failed to act on it.

These material possessions are fruit of humanity's true potential.

Your version of Satanism sounds like a strange combination of Buddhism, Paganism, and Humanism. Food for thought?

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-07-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Slam Ander Offline

Raging atheist talk aside, what business does the government have limiting two consenting adults from marrying anyways, regardless of gender?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam Ander View Post
Raging atheist talk aside, what business does the government have limiting two consenting adults from marrying anyways, regardless of gender?
Not raging, nor am I atheist.

You should ask them. I would imagine because the anti-homosexuality mentality is deep-rooted in American history. The U.S is so very behind when it comes to these ethical matters.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-07-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:08 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
How are Satanists any different from Christians? You worship a deity. You have fundamentalists. You argue against non-believers.
wat. Bro, are you stupid or just trolling? LaVeyan Satanism (true, original Satanism) is nearly identical to humanism, but with optional dogma. Anton LaVey wanted to create a religion (so it could be protected by the Bill of Rights) based off of individualism and humanism, which he believed.

LaVeyan Satanics don't worship the Christian's "devil," nor do they sacrifice goats, virgins, children, etc to Satan. Doing so is actually against two of the 11 Satanic rules. You're confusing LaVeyan Satanism with Theistic Satanism. To LaVeyanist, Satan is supposed to be a sign of inherent values and desires that all humans have.

"Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice." - Peter Gilmore.

Satanism is all about self-worship and an "eye for an eye" view point.

Satanism is common sense.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Phantom0990 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom0990

I personally dislike the concept of marriage. And as a member of the lgbt community I obviously am pro for my fellow lgbt people to be able to live their lives like any other couple could.

I would say more but typing posts on a cell phone is taxing.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

wat. Bro, are you stupid or just trolling? LaVeyan Satanism (true, original Satanism) is nearly identical to humanism, but with optional dogma. Anton LaVey wanted to create a religion (so it could be protected by the Bill of Rights) based off of individualism and humanism, which he believed.

LaVeyan Satanics don't worship the Christian's "devil," nor do they sacrifice goats, virgins, children, etc to Satan. Doing so is actually against two of the 11 Satanic rules. You're confusing LaVeyan Satanism with Theistic Satanism. To LaVeyanist, Satan is supposed to be a sign of inherent values and desires that all humans have.

"Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice." - Peter Gilmore.

Satanism is all about self-worship and an "eye for an eye" view point.

Satanism is common sense.
sa·tan·ism | /ˈsātnˌizəm/ | (N)
The worship of Satan, typically involving a travesty of Christian symbols and practices.

The literal meaning of the word 'Satanism' also means the above definition. If you are talking about another belief, it is more Paganism and Humanism than anything else. Perhaps a different label for such a belief is in order, because the literal meaning of said name is not at all accurate to the apparent beliefs of Mr240. And an "eye for an eye" is not common sense in most cases. We can look at the causes of World War II as an example. Let bygones be bygones.

Also, I am against the traditional beliefs of marriage. I think that marriage should distribute power equally, but it is not in some institutions.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-08-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
sa·tan·ism | /ˈsātnˌizəm/ | (N)
The worship of Satan, typically involving a travesty of Christian symbols and practices.

The literal meaning of the word 'Satanism' also means the above definition. If you are talking about another belief, it is more Paganism and Humanism than anything else. Perhaps a different label for such a belief is in order, because the literal meaning of said name is not at all accurate to the apparent beliefs of Mr240. And an "eye for an eye" is not common sense in most cases. We can look at the causes of World War II as an example. Let bygones be bygones.

Also, I am against the traditional beliefs of marriage. I think that marriage should distribute power equally, but it is not in some institutions.
Words have multiple definitions. With a minor amount of double checking one can see that the earliest form of satanism is indeed LaVeyan Satanism. Just because you found a definition that makes you appear correct does not mean 3m0d0ll is wrong. Especially since he has a quotation from someone qualified to describe it. Your "literal" meaning is a misconception that he clarified to you. He also said it was " based off of individualism and humanism."

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 PM

As I have said, a different name is in order. Satanism, looking at the roots of the word, literally means the belief or worship of Satan. The name for said belief is obviously not correct if one does not believe in Satan, but rather in Humanity.

Qualified to describe it? He is qualified to describe his own "sect" (is that the right word, considering the church's members do not consider it a religion), not Theistic Satanism. I did not say she was incorrect. I gave her the definition of said word, and showed that the word was not a proper (in the strictest sense) name for said belief.

Quote:
Today, the Church of Satan promotes itself as the only representation of LaVeyan Satanism, and it routinely publishes materials underscoring this contention.
This form of 'Satanism' is deserving of a different name, considering Michael Aquino's form of Satanism is often the most common. It is almost like claiming Deists are religious (LaVeyan's Satanism being atheist and Theistic Satanism, being, well, theist).

Spoiler:

Imma steal all your Tiberium.

Traditional/Theistic Satanism is deserving of its name, since it is the literal worshiping of Satan. The "Satan" of LaVeyan Satanism refers to one's self (the only "sect" that does so). One's self is a human. Humanism mixed with Paganism.

I am obviously not as educated in said philosophy/religion/cult as believers (may be), but I do know how to look at the roots of words.

-

I am not here to argue about who's feng shui is better, however. I am here to debate about homosexual marriage, so let's get back on topic.

In related news, I am surprised the Christian-Right is not complaining about this. They are focusing more on the recent U.S mandate involving contraceptives.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:19 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

@Voices. The most important part is the second paragraph, adresses your idea that LaVeyan Satanism needs to be renamed.

http://www.imgur.com/UYY3q.jpg

Also, spoiler made me lol.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:13 PM

His reasons were unbelievably flawed, but I can understand his viewpoint.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Slam Ander Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom0990 View Post
I personally dislike the concept of marriage.
why
Old 04-01-2012, 02:26 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Good grief, someone lock this thread.