Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaundrell Yumerai View Post
I think not. Because it is already enough to express their love to their loved one. And besides, they don't need to marry to show the level of their affection and so on. And oh, according to the Bible, marriage is for opposite pairs, male and female.
(well, it is up to you if you believe in the Bible.)
The way you look at it, why does marriage exist in the first place? You can display the same amount of affection towards an unmarried woman, or woman can display the same for a man.

Also, the Bible does not dictate who can be married and who cannot. You said it yourself. It is up to people to believe in the Bible, and quite obviously gay people disagree with it in that sense. Why should the Bible have to influence what non-believers do? The government is secular, meaning it should not be influenced by said crapfest.

The Bible also says you should stone your disobedient children. Do you do that? You say you believe in the Bible, you cannot pick and choose what to believe in it.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 09-15-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

I agree with all that Voices is saying. It's not like they're not human, they have just as much rights as you do. They can talk. They can go out in public. They can get a job. They can do everything you do, and it's not up to anyone but them if they want to marry. Now will this just end? It's really stupid and pointless.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 09-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
It is not religion's place to dictate who can or cannot become married.
If you actually accept the tenets of Christianity, you ought to believe that religion should dictate everything. After all, if God exists and the Bible is His word, then obeying His commands should be the most important thing a human could ever do.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-15-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
If you actually accept the tenets of Christianity, you ought to believe that religion should dictate everything. After all, if God exists and the Bible is His word, then obeying His commands should be the most important thing a human could ever do.
It should not dictate what non-believers do.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
It should not dictate what non-believers do.
You're saying that from the non-believer's point of view. From a religion's point of view, they are saving your soul from eternal damnation; that gives them the right to do anything that is necessary in order to accomplish that goal.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
You're saying that from the non-believer's point of view. From a religion's point of view, they are saving your soul from eternal damnation; that gives them the right to do anything that is necessary in order to accomplish that goal.
And? It is not like every religious person does so, as it is not like every atheist shoves atheism down the throat of a religious person.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Max0596 Offline

I agree. Christians are annoying, always thinking they're right, not to mention those stupid pamplets they hand out. No other religion I know of does that, so why the hell does Christianity? 'Cause they're stupid. I don't scream and holler nonsence about the non-existence of a god, so why do they yell at me that god exists?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
And? It is not like every religious person does so, as it is not like every atheist shoves atheism down the throat of a religious person.
*whoosh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by max0596 View Post
I agree. Christians are annoying, always thinking they're right, not to mention those stupid pamplets they hand out. No other religion I know of does that, so why the hell does Christianity? 'Cause they're stupid. I don't scream and holler nonsence about the non-existence of a god, so why do they yell at me that god exists?
Possibly because you don't live in a country where the main religion isn't Christianity?

Art Gallery
Old 09-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Max0596 Offline

*facepalm* It is the main religion in Canada. Even more so in Saskatchewan. Seriously, read factfiles and stuff before you assume stuff, please.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Erm, I think you misread me there. You DON'T live in a country where the major religion ISN'T Christianity. This means that you DO live in a country where the major religion IS Christianity. Which follows logically from the fact that you live in Canada (I assumed you lived in a Western country, at the very least). And, since you live in a country where the majority of people practice Christianity instead of some other religion, the reason why only Christians are handing out pamphlets where you live is because only Christians live there, not because Christianity as a religion is more likely to hand out pamphlets (although this may also be true).

Art Gallery
Old 09-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Max0596 Offline

*facedesk* then WHY have a double negative? TO SCREW WITH ME?! XDD And I get other pamplets too :3

Old 09-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by max0596 View Post
I believe you confuse Christianity with Jehovah's Witness. Of course I don't practice religion in Canada so I'm not entirely sure but Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians.
Quote:
The word of God is a guideline for Christians to live great lives and enhance their spiritual health. The issue is Christians take the word of God too seriously. It is purely human right of whether or not they want to marry. Christians aren't created to smack homosexuals with the word of God. Homosexuals can be Christians too and God accepts all people equally as he is a merciful God. He may discourage some actions that people do but he doesn't judge them unless they did a serious crime that goes against religion, of which gay marriage is not.

I may not be a religious person at heart, but I do know my basic Christianity.

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 09-16-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

i'm going to bust my own chops here..
I am the Anti all your religions.. but I dont go around shoving my Anti into any of your faces but I do have to say that if a Man and Womn can be married and be miserable.. I think the gays should also get the chance to marry and be just as miserable as a man and woman.. hahaha blahblah blah

Also I was on a walk this evening at the park with my daughter and i seen a bumper sticker on a car it read "GOD makes NO mistakes" (personally i think its a BS sticker) but i do want to add it to your topic at hand..

for those shoving krimbus down our phroats by that^ logic god made everyone in his own image..Right?
then why fuss about the gays who walk amoung us.. maybe GOd herself was a gay..

hogwash you say?.. being gay is in ones genes(born gay) or its learned(a lifechoice) in anycase whose bussiness is it anyway that gays want to marry

Go and find your own life partner marry him/her and hope that it all works out.

I strongly believe that we humans arent here on this floating rock to follow the dictations of a book word for word.. especially an old old book..based on & written by the same imperfections alive today...
THINK about it.. Sodom and Gamorah you know that story right.. if the blibe is true(which it isnt) then even in those times crazy *hit was happening they were Entering in the Exit only - - and all that other raunchyness i wont get into..

You may now retort!

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
I believe you confuse Christianity with Jehovah's Witness. Of course I don't practice religion in Canada so I'm not entirely sure but Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians.

The word of God is a guideline for Christians to live great lives and enhance their spiritual health. The issue is Christians take the word of God too seriously. It is purely human right of whether or not they want to marry. Christians aren't created to smack homosexuals with the word of God. Homosexuals can be Christians too and God accepts all people equally as he is a merciful God. He may discourage some actions that people do but he doesn't judge them unless they did a serious crime that goes against religion, of which gay marriage is not.

I may not be a religious person at heart, but I do know my basic Christianity.
Depends on your Christianity. The older and more original sub-sects state that if you don't believe in Jesus, you're a terrible person and going to hell. So I'd consider that God judging the non-religious, as well as God not accepting all people equally. Really, the closer you get to the original tenets of Christianity, the more wrathful and unaccepting God is. The modern merciful, loving God is a comparatively recent phenomenon; for much of its history Christianity won converts through fear, not love.

Art Gallery
Old 09-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Depends on your Christianity. The older and more original sub-sects state that if you don't believe in Jesus, you're a terrible person and going to hell. So I'd consider that God judging the non-religious, as well as God not accepting all people equally. Really, the closer you get to the original tenets of Christianity, the more wrathful and unaccepting God is. The modern merciful, loving God is a comparatively recent phenomenon; for much of its history Christianity won converts through fear, not love.
Well perhaps that is a message for people to enjoy the hell they were intended to go to. If God really created us in that idealism, then why should people bother worshiping him? Why not just all people travel to the hell that God punishes his angels in? It's through that same idealism that people are born into their own positions and therefore shall die that way. It's through that idealism that war is a byproduct of religious peoples. So in reality why bother worshipping a deity who distrusts his own creations regardless of how they act? This is one of the reasons I hate Catholicism. The idea that God created the pope to be a messenger between God and the people is very self-centered and corrupting. The whole reason the Crusades happened was because of the pope's corrupted views on how God deemed all those who are non-Christian as evil and should be slaughtered. This very much conflicts with the Commandment "Thou shall not kill."
In any case why would God create homosexuals if he hated them? Consider the fact that not only is homosexuality a decision but can also be an alteration of genetics in a human being. So if God really hates homosexuals, why would he create them?