Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Arizona Abortion Legislation

Did anyone read about how, essentially, abortion can occur 2 weeks before conception? It apparently does for the sexist Conservative bigots in Arizona. America, what have you come to?

The mentality that this legislation protects women is disgusting. It treats women as if they do not have the sufficient brainpower to actually have an abortion on their own. It is as ridiculous as the Alaskan law that the woman needs to get a man's consent before she gets an abortion.

And what is wrong with abortion anyway? As far as I am concerned, there is no problem with it until the third trimester.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 04-17-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 AM
mintjelly Offline
Father Cat

Send a message via AIM to mintjelly Send a message via Skype™ to mintjelly
Default Re: Arizona Abortion Legislation

I've read a few articles about it, and I feel that people are getting more and more stupid.
Any woman can be considered pregnant with this law, it makes absolutely no sense :s
What women do with their bodies is up to them, anyways.
As long as it's not too far along into the pregnancy, they should be able to do it if they want.

Shun the non-believer
Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

To be fair, the method they use to measure the fetus' ate is the same they use for pregnancies. However, their idiocy is not recognizing that the pregnancies are deliberately measured BEFORE the fetus' age.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by narphoenix View Post
To be fair, the method they use to measure the fetus' ate is the same they use for pregnancies. However, their idiocy is not recognizing that the pregnancies are deliberately measured BEFORE the fetus' age.
The reasoning behind this is to simply determine the baby's DoB, and not to determine the start of pregnancy. It has to do with women's menstrual cycle.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

It's at best an estimate, actually. Most of the time we use empirical data obtained later on in the pregnancy to crosscheck the numbers and provide better estimates of the fetus's weeks of gestation. In any case, conservatives want to restrict women's rights all the time anyway. I don't see this as anything different from what they've been doing for years now. Though the unfortunate side of all of this is that mortality rates of women would probably go up because of the more frequent use of coat hangers. That is, you don't even have to get up to the ethical issues to know that this is the right thing to do. Just the utilitarian aspect is more than enough of an argument for it.

Heck, conservatives consider terrorism against places like Planned Parenthood to be a good thing anyway. This is just another way to help shut down such a beneficial organization for women's health.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The reasoning behind this is to simply determine the baby's DoB, and not to determine the start of pregnancy. It has to do with women's menstrual cycle.
I know. It's intended to simplify calculations. However, about this idiocy of a law, I always say: I'm a Democrat by default; because generally, no matter how badly the Democrats screw up, the Republicans will be worse.