Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Do you believe in God etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
If all you're going to do is spout variations of "Neither me nor anyone else knows anything and I absolutely refuse to accept the idea that there might be a way to sensibly approach the subject", why are you even posting here?
Because I am trying to prove a point. The point that it is ridiculous you two keep fighting when you have absolutely no proof to back up your arguments.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Because I am trying to prove a point. The point that it is ridiculous you two keep fighting when you have absolutely no proof to back up your arguments.
That falls under the "I absolutely refuse to accept the idea that there might be a way to sensibly approach the subject."

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-19-2011, 04:05 PM

No, it falls under the, "You have no proof, so why argue?"

See, I know you, you cannot stand being wrong.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

And you, it seems, can't stand intellectual thought.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

How come nobody is talking about the etc? Like aliens, or goat-human hybrids?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Give me some evidence that backs up your stance other than "Well, you don't have any so I'm right." In a debate, when questioning, you do not have to prove the negative. I'm surprised that you've failed to understand this.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthar View Post
Give me some evidence that backs up your stance other than "Well, you don't have any so I'm right." In a debate, when questioning, you do not have to prove the negative. I'm surprised that you've failed to understand this.
I am right that both of Atheists and Theists have no proof. The evidence is right there in front of your eyes. Why would you argue if you have nothing to back up your argument? If you mean I have proof for God's possible existence, that would mean you obviously have not understood my argument all along.

What is so hard about this sentence, and grasping it: If you have no evidence to disprove or prove God's existence, there is no point in arguing about it until actual proof is presented.

As for Lusankya. Ahaha, my boy. You are so intellectual for arguing an argument in which you do not have proof.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
I am right that both of Atheists and Theists have no proof. The evidence is right there in front of your eyes. Why would you argue if you have nothing to back up your argument? If you mean I have proof for God's possible existence, that would mean you obviously have not understood my argument all along.

What is so hard about this sentence, and grasping it: If you have no evidence to disprove or prove God's existence, there is no point in arguing about it until actual proof is presented.

As for Lusankya. Ahaha, my boy. You are so intellectual for arguing an argument in which you do not have proof.
You've completely missed my point again. Explaining it to you once more will do absolutely no good, and will just be a complete waste of my time. I've said it as simply as I can, you do not have to prove a negative in a debate. I am negating the existence of god(s), and thus far you have shown absolutely no evidence to prove otherwise.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 PM

Yeah, you do need proof. See, the problem with an Atheist is they state, specifically, that there is no God. They state it like a fact. That, my friend, needs proof to be backed up.

The difference is, with an Agnostic, we state that there is no answer, and so it is pointless to argue.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Yeah, you do need proof. See, the problem with an Atheist is they state, specifically, that there is no God. They state it like a fact. That, my friend, needs proof to be backed up.

The difference is, with an Agnostic, we state that there is no answer, and so it is pointless to argue.
Not in this debate where I have asked you to provide evidence, and you've responded with your only evidence being that I have shown none. That is not suffice. As I said before, in a debate you do not have to prove a negative.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Not in this debate where I have asked you to provide evidence, and you've responded with your only evidence being that I have shown none. That is not suffice. As I said before, in a debate you do not have to prove a negative.
Do you not even know what Agnosticism is? It is the belief that both sides have no proof, essentially. That is my proof.

I am tired of this though. You have absolutely no point. I have said the same thing over and over again, and so have you. We are clearly not getting anywhere.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Do you not even know what Agnosticism is? It is the belief that both sides have no proof, essentially. That is my proof.

I am tired of this though. You have absolutely no point. I have said the same thing over and over again, and so have you. We are clearly not getting anywhere.
This is true, we are not getting anywhere.

I do have a point, but you are missing it. Of course I know what Agnosticism is, no need to belittle my intelligence. I'm asking you for proof that there could be god(s) to support your stance on Agnosticism. This stems back to a comment you made roughly a page ago, saying that in due time humanity would move away from religion through science. If you think that, than why be an agnostic?

Where is your proof for god(s)?

And Agnosticism isn't that both sides have no proof, it's the belief that the answer is unknown, or un-knownable.

Last edited by Orthar; 07-19-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
This is true, we are not getting anywhere.

I do have a point, but you are missing it. Of course I know what Agnosticism is, no need to belittle my intelligence. I'm asking you for proof that there could be god(s) to support your stance on Agnosticism. This stems back to a comment you made roughly a page ago, saying that in due time humanity would move away from religion through science. If you think that, than why be an agnostic?

Where is your proof for god(s)?
Because I admit that I do not know that for sure, but people moving away from religion is what I believe.

Because there may or may not be one. If you read the one post where I said that there is either one or the other. In that way, I cannot be wrong. Since no one knows for sure, there is still that possibility, and so Agnostics believe there is a possibility, in which there is. Of course, Agnostics look the same way the Italians did during World War 2. Pretty much standing around, and siding with the side that looks like its winning. However, I do think it is a more sensible belief to remain open to any possibility than to simply shun the other side and call them ignorant fools.

I am sorry if you felt I was insulting your intelligence, and I apologize for it. You see, Masami didn't know what Agnosticism was, and so I don't let any possibility of ignorance escape my mind anymore. As you saw with your comment about the Old Testament, I honestly thought you believed in it xD
Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Because I admit that I do not know that for sure, but people moving away from religion is what I believe.

Because there may or may not be one. If you read the one post where I said that there is either one or the other. In that way, I cannot be wrong. Since no one knows for sure, there is still that possibility, and so Agnostics believe there is a possibility, in which there is. Of course, Agnostics look the same way the Italians did during World War 2. Pretty much standing around, and siding with the side that looks like its winning. However, I do think it is a more sensible belief to remain open to any possibility than to simply shun the other side and call them ignorant fools.

I am sorry if you felt I was insulting your intelligence, and I apologize for it. You see, Masami didn't know what Agnosticism was, and so I don't let any possibility of ignorance escape my mind anymore. As you saw with your comment about the Old Testament, I honestly thought you believed in it xD
I still do not think that you've understood my questioning and point. Perhaps that's a bit of my fault, or a bit of yours. Regardless, we are not getting very far with this debate, so I think I'll just drop it and move on.

Apology accepted.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I still do not think that you've understood my questioning and point. Perhaps that's a bit of my fault, or a bit of yours. Regardless, we are not getting very far with this debate, so I think I'll just drop it and move on.

Apology accepted.
Ah. Now that is what I like to hear.

Or it could quite possibly be the God that I think may or may not exist, the one you think doesn't exist, and the one Geoffrey thinks exists' fault. =D