Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Dachampster Offline

Default Would you mind a script?

I'm a cartoonist, but before I draw anything, I write it out in an easy-to-follow script first. I know it's not conventional, but it's easy to follow. I have sixteen "episodes", or chapters, finished.
Would it be fine to post something like that on here?

It would run something like this:
John walks into his kitchen. Everything is neat and orderly, all of the dishes washed and put away, and a stack of books sitting on the table next to a fruit bowl. John hungrily eyes an apple at the top of the pile of bananas and peaches.

John: (thinking) I could sure go for one of those right now...
That's just an example really. My story is a bit more involved than that.

Last edited by Dachampster; 07-17-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Would you mind a script?

Yes; as long as you specify that it's a script, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. ^^ And if you're interested at all in having your comics voice acted, you should pop over to the interactive projects section and you could request for it to be voiced. :D It'll be recorded, put to music, and broadcast on YouTube. If you want actors, you can visit the 'Voice Index' thread, where you can hear some voice samples to see who fits your character. :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 07-17-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I do believe "broadcast", gosh! So many grammatical errors (even know it is just one). xD And yes, she is right.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I do believe "broadcast", gosh! So many grammatical errors (even know it is just one). xD And yes, she is right.
XD I said boardcast! Ahaha! WE'RE GOING TO BE BORED...CASTING. xD I dunno.

*fixes*

Well, my point still stands. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Dachampster Offline

Thank you, that's very helpful. I don't know about voicing, there are a lot of characters and some require voice editing software.
I guess I'll post the first episode now.
Actually, I'll post a small sample now.

EP1 SCENE 1 Setting: Frozen tundra. Mounds of ice and rock litter the battlefield. Human-like forces fight robotic units. Time: Afternoon DemonMaster stands looking over a huge battle from a balcony of a floating battleship.

DemonMaster: (voiceover) Those foolish soldiers. They believe they can suppress my forces with their inferior technology. They have yet to understand my intentions. The closer I get to their archives in the 'Valley the closer I am to finding out more about the Superkid. (aloud) Where are you hiding?

A larger drone with a spear and heavy armor appears. It’s bulky exterior is supported by a hovering jet attached to it.

DemonMaster: What do you want?

Security Drone: Unit Capitus found Dux Ferrum behind enemy lines and are interrogating him for information on your remuneror.

DemonMaster: Show me the feed.

Last edited by Dachampster; 07-17-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: adding sample