Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 10-12-2004, 06:12 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84
Default Does anybody read Japanese?

Dark Absol Showed me this INCREDIBLE site recently but it's all in J.

The only way I can tell its good is just by clicking every link. I did that and was amazed.

The author has so many Pics there it's too much to take in at once. Pkmn Sprites of everyone. She (I assume it's a she since the name sounds like that) even has Sprite renditions of Epesodes. The Art rivals Rachel's for God's sakes!

I was like . This site needs translating to English so everybody can see AND read it's greatness.

Can anybody help me contact the Author somehow? Maybe even get her to the Board here? There's no "Contact" section that I can find and the Forum is in J as well.

Here's the site: http://soara.fc2web.com/poke_menu.htm

Now don't tell me later that I never warned you how good the content is!
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 10-12-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun
Default Re: Does anybody read Japanese?

I cant but you can traslate(sp?) it at http://www.world.altavista.com/tr
Old 10-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

I cannot translate more than a few Japanese words (I know little Kana-Romaji translations, and only a couple of Romaji words), and to be honest, Alta Vista sucks.

Also, I must ask this:

Anyone who uses Soaras sprites, pictures, or images AT ALL should host the images themselves, and GIVE CREDIT in their signature. Direct linking might not seem harmful, but if hundreds of people did such a thing it would only eat up bandwidth.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-15-2004, 03:41 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

Well, I can't read all of it, though I can pronounce most of it. From the looks of it, it's a pretty funny site.

My recommendation for site and text translation would have to be WorldLingo.com. Though its machine translations aren't one-hundred percent accurate, it's a relatively useful tool; I use it as an aide quite often.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:27 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Well that's all nice ans stuff but I would like to find a J speaking person. Please, if anybody can contact the owner fo the site and gte her to talk to us somehow that wold be great.

On the subject of Translators, that one you gave Eliminate, is very good. I also found the one Alta Vista is based on and thats not too bad either: http://www.systransoft.com/

DA: Well if many people start using the images at once then I will get a Photobucket account and then maybe I'll let everybody "refer" to where I host them. It all dpends on if people decide to "refer" to Soara or not.

When I say refer to her, I mean to say whether or not they decide to direct link or not.

Can't anybody help me find Soara?
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 10-18-2004 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84
DA: Well if many people start using the images at once then I will get a Photobucket account and then maybe I'll let everybody "refer" to where I host them. It all dpends on if people decide to "refer" to Soara or not.

When I say refer to her, I mean to say whether or not they decide to direct link or not.
Well, I have seen a few direct links Bron. Thing is, the images are about 20kb. 5 views of them uses up 100kb of Soaras bandwidth. 50 views uses up 1MB. Thousands of pages are viewed here every day. That'd waste a lot of bandwidth you know, if many people started to direct link the images.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 10-18-2004, 10:00 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Well now that you put it that way, I see what you mean, man. I think I'll host my own images of the Sprites Soara made.

But how do I advertise for people to try not to use her images directly?

Edit: Aww, shoot. They aren't taking Free Accounts for a while. What do I do now? What do you suggest?

Edit 2: Oh I have an idea. What if I upload all of Soara's images to the Forum itself? Would that work?

Last edited by bronislav84; 10-18-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Golden Darkness Offline

Although Altavista is crappy I translated my name with that and everything... so sorry guys if I fooled you into thinking I speak and write Japanese because I don't.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:30 AM
FinalThunder Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to FinalThunder Send a message via Yahoo to FinalThunder

My friend can!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

Can't google translate pages?I'm not sure how to do it directly on a page,but when you search something and it's in a foreign language it gives you the option to translate it.I'm not sure how accurate it is.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:49 PM
FinalThunder Offline
Banned

There is one website that does it for free but it can get a little confusing if you put to much words to translate plus it's free.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Patel, this was posted in October >_<

Don't revive threads.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 02-17-2005, 09:04 PM
FinalThunder Offline
Banned

When i saw it bolded dark blue on the thread list i checked it out and post in it.

Doesn't that mean new post was made?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

I've never seen a thread get revived TWO TIMES before.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
garjmp Offline
Banned
Master Trainer

I can read Japanese.