Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Pokémon Breeder Shane Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Pokémon Breeder Shane
Default Ruby and Sapphire remakes?

This is, more or less, to discuss the idea or possibility of a Ruby and Sapphire remake. Hoenn was my favourite region, so I always cling on to the hope that MAYBE we'll get a Gen III redux. While only circumstantial, I have found a couple pieces of evidence that could lead to the thought that maybe they are. First of all, the pattern. After every generation, either before or after the "special" version, (e.g. Platinum and Emerald). There was a remake. Before Emerald came out, we got FireRed and LeafGreen and after Platinum we got HeartGold and SoulSilver. So who's to say that, in my opinion it would probably be after, before or after "Grey" a Ruby and Sapphire remake would come out. Another thing I noticed was a severe lack of catchable Hoenn Pokémon in Black and White. It has always been to my knowledge Nintendo tries to include a way for every single Pokémon to be available by some means within a generation. This to me COULD lead to these remakes, but hey, anything is possible.

So there we are, discuss away :D And I apologize if the subject seems dry, I've had Ruby and Sapphire on my brain a lot lately.

Hatch; 618
Scrafty; 720
Mastered; 903
VPP
White FC: 0647-7240-3912
Completed Projects:
ポケモンの育種家シェイン
Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Zatek Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire remakes?

This is the wrong board, it should be in "Pokémon: games"

Dragonair
Hatched @ 29
Evolved @ 104
Evolves @ 179
Level 100 @ 314

Villainous Incorporated: League of Evil
Old 07-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatek View Post
This is the wrong board, it should be in "Pokémon: games"
It should actually be in discussion and I hope a mod can move it there for me. I wasn't fully awake when typing this last night LOL

Hatch; 618
Scrafty; 720
Mastered; 903
VPP
Completed Projects:
ポケモンの育種家シェイン
Old 07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

No, Zatek's correct. :) Discussion is for more real-life events.

I would personally love to see a Ruby/Sapphire remake. I had a lot of fun playing them when they first came out (I loved my Swampert! <3).

Although an interesting twist to add to each of them is a way to get Rayquaza. Like, have R/S keep their respective storylines, then to be able to get Rayquaza after beating the E4, trade over the other game's mascot, similar to was HGSS did.
I dunno, it's a stretch. I thought that was a neat idea when HGSS did it (even though it was annoying because I knew know one that had the game opposite to me, so I had to go buy it).

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 07-08-2011, 04:04 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Actually, since the games are only speculation, General does seem the best place for them (as they're not fourth generation, not B/W and not 'Other').

To me, it seems at the rate it's going, we're going to get remakes of the remakes. First we'll get R/S remakes, then FR/LG remakes, then D/P remakes, and so on, so forth. If R/S DO get remade, they should be the last for a long time. Since all the generations are now available on the GBA or DS, that should be that, imo.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Actually, since the games are only speculation, General does seem the best place for them (as they're not fourth generation, not B/W and not 'Other').

To me, it seems at the rate it's going, we're going to get remakes of the remakes. First we'll get R/S remakes, then FR/LG remakes, then D/P remakes, and so on, so forth. If R/S DO get remade, they should be the last for a long time. Since all the generations are now available on the GBA or DS, that should be that, imo.
I agree, although to be honest I would trade HG/SS and FR/LG for a R/S remake. I liked Kanto and Johto, but Hoenn was the first region that really got me into Pokémon. I would be alright with a FR/LG remake in Gen VI, simply to have every region available on the DS

Hatch; 618
Scrafty; 720
Mastered; 903
VPP
Completed Projects:
ポケモンの育種家シェイン
Old 07-08-2011, 10:36 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt Master Seth View Post
I agree, although to be honest I would trade HG/SS and FR/LG for a R/S remake. I liked Kanto and Johto, but Hoenn was the first region that really got me into Pokémon. I would be alright with a FR/LG remake in Gen VI, simply to have every region available on the DS
Actually, there's nothing to say that Gen VI: a) will even exist, b) will be on the DS. In fact, I'll be very surprised if it is. Chances are, Nintendo will have created a brand new console for Gen VI's release, and the FR/LG remakes would then be released on that console, making the whole pattern of "we'll upgrade the games to this console" start again.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I would hope to see one by March 2012, becuase that's when they make a new game.
Platinum: March 29th
HG/SS: March 14th
B/W: March 6th
(America Dates)
Old 07-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Jolteon View Post
I would hope to see one by March 2012, becuase that's when they make a new game.
Platinum: March 29th
HG/SS: March 14th
B/W: March 6th
(America Dates)
Isn't there usually two years in between releases though?

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 07-09-2011, 02:59 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamoosekazi View Post
Isn't there usually two years in between releases though?
Nope. It used to I think, but not anymore.

Personally, I would love a R/S/E remake, it's my favourite generation too. But so far, it's still only speculation. :(

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 07-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

I really, really hope they DON'T make a remake of this generation. I don't want to have to play this game again. If it comes out, I will have to get it because I've been with Pokemon since the beginning and I really don't want to have to play this generation again. If it comes out, I will get it but I would rather not have to. Ruby and Sapphire are advanced enough to play on their own. I don't believe they need an upgrade.

I turned on my Ruby today (haven't played in years) and it said, "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur." First time I've seen this.
Go to the Anime section

Last edited by Alonso; 07-09-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
I really, really hope they DON'T make a remake of this generation. I don't want to have to play this game again. If it comes out, I will have to get it because I've been with Pokemon since the beginning and I really don't want to have to play this generation again. If it comes out, I will get it but I would rather not have to. Ruby and Sapphire are advanced enough to play on their own. I don't believe they need an upgrade.

I turned on my Ruby today (haven't played in years) and it said, "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur." First time I've seen this.
A lot of the stuff that Nintendo implemented either solely in these games or that were first put in these, and upgraded upon as the games progressed would be massively brought out and improved upon by remaking these games for the DS.

Hatch; 618
Scrafty; 720
Mastered; 903
VPP
Completed Projects:
ポケモンの育種家シェイン
Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 PM
atucker22 Offline

I would be excited to see what they would have to offer. RSE were by no means my favorite, but revamped regions have been better every time they've come out. Plus, I love me some Swampert and Blaziken
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM
bobandbill Offline

Send a message via MSN to bobandbill

I can say I certainly enjoyed RSE so I would likely enjoy a remake of those games as well, although I would think it'd be a while in coming if at all. Probably the biggest reason for Game Freak to make them though is the potential $$$ that's almost a given for them if they made it just like the other remakes.

'Tis a parody of the game with more explanations than you can shake a pastry at.
[Banner by cieux of sppf]

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributers!

Why should you? Well, Wyanut?

Last edited by bobandbill; 07-13-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
I really, really hope they DON'T make a remake of this generation. I don't want to have to play this game again.
^
I don't even remember playing them the first time through (I had sapphire) so it mustn't have been good enough to leave a lasting impression... lol

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Closed Thread