Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: PE2K shop?

Are you sure Ryan's the only one who can do it? I know he owns the site, but isn't Sarah an admin as well? Or is it only the site owner who can do stuff like that?

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puh-tree-cee-oh View Post
That's the exact one. Let's just hope Ryan comes on coincidentally soon. I'm more then positive that this would be nothing short of an activity booster to the site.

You rock dude. =]
^^; Glad I could help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
Are you sure Ryan's the only one who can do it? I know he owns the site, but isn't Sarah an admin as well? Or is it only the site owner who can do stuff like that?
Sarah is an Admin, but she doesn't have the password to the FTP neither does she have the ability to upload things into the FTP via the Admin CP. We already covered this couple of months ago when we needed to upload the rank images..

Also neither do Kenny or Harry (They are Admins as well), the FTP access is Ryan's really well kept secret, he doesn't let anyone else see/use it..

Last edited by Simmi; 07-06-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Winter Offline

Oh, okay. Just wasn't sure and thought I'd ask. I guess let's hope Ryan shows up again soon, then.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:57 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Well. Ryan can be contacted to come on. It's just a matter of Harry, Kenny, and Sarah all approving of the idea.

It needs more depth still! like what would be available in the shop? What area's of the forum would it bring activity to? Things like that!

So, if you all really want to bring it up to them it's best to have some sort of plan or lay out of what's going to happen!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Winter Offline

Well, there were some ideas on what could be put in the shop in the original post(username colors, expanded PM box, userbar addition), and I'm sure there are plenty of people who could make suggestions for other things.

As for where activity would go up, I'm not on too many other boards, but something tells me those who really wanted stuff might jump into RPing, since there is a lot of posting involved in that, maybe bringing more feedback in the art, fanfic, and news sections.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

We'll we'd want to boost activity up over all boards! So it would be recommended users post everywhere! Participate in anything that pertains to the forum! xD

Also, on prizes. Not sure they'd be willing to give people colored names. xD Considering the fact they wouldn't want people to confuse others with the forum staff and all!

User titles and possible user bar are a great thought!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Winter Offline

Yeah, I thought the colored names would be shot down, but I was usuing suggestions from the original post. I also know we're trying to boost all site activity, but those are the board I immediately thought activity would boost in.

Titles would be fun, though. Maybe special site styles or icon sets?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Well, on the forums I visit, they had the shop and the credits were only good for that.

Items were.
-increased pm box
-username change
-username color change
-customizable userbar via art boards. I don't know if anyone can do that here.

Some of the much higher ones.
-one sticky.
-one warning/infraction point deduction. This could only happen once.
-join the staff chat for a day

I'm sure many more ideas can be made.
As for sections, credits could be awarded in the Battling section, a fee in any ASB or URPG game, it could actually service as currency there, Art boards for sigs, avatars, banners etc.

So yeah, I'm glad you all seem to like this idea. I'm just doing my part to make the forum awesomer-er then it already is. ;D

IGN: Patrick FC: 1849 4621 3425
Old 07-07-2011, 03:24 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

It's a great Idea I hope pe2k (if they can) will use it.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Hm I like the idea of rewarding members, but I don't like that it's based on post count... Not only would it promote spam but there are plenty of loyal members who have been here for years who just don't post HEAPS so they would kind of miss out.

Either way, has anyone got any more ideas for prizes/rewards or things they'd like to see? So far most of the suggestions aren't really possible/things we'd want to do.

Quote:
Items were.
-increased pm box
-username change this is already done for free but I guess we could lower the waiting time or something?
-username color change not something we want to do because it confuses members with staff as already mentioned
-customizable userbar via art boards. I don't know if anyone can do that here.

Some of the much higher ones.
-one sticky. we can't really stick random threads, it would be really messy
-one warning/infraction point deduction. This could only happen once. not many people seem to get infractions (good thing) so this might not be very useful
-join the staff chat for a day we don't have a staff chat and we wouldn't give out access to the staff board
Comments in bold as to why they wouldn't really work for us. But I'm interested in hearing any more prize ideas...
Old 07-08-2011, 03:00 AM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Hm I like the idea of rewarding members, but I don't like that it's based on post count... Not only would it promote spam but there are plenty of loyal members who have been here for years who just don't post HEAPS so they would kind of miss out.

Either way, has anyone got any more ideas for prizes/rewards or things they'd like to see? So far most of the suggestions aren't really possible/things we'd want to do.

Comments in bold as to why they wouldn't really work for us. But I'm interested in hearing any more prize ideas...
Well. For ideas..

Maybe something like where in the shop, art members would make exclusive sigs and stuff? I know it's already there with the regular art board which is why I don't think this is a good idea.

In the battling section/trading. Maybe a forum trading shop could be implemented?

I really don't have anymore ideas. I'm just one person afterall.

I hope more people pitch in ideas.

IGN: Patrick FC: 1849 4621 3425
Old 07-08-2011, 07:47 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

In the graphic/drawn/sprite sections, it could be used as a currency for harder styles/harder art.

In the RP section, if the RP master (Who makes the SU board thing) sets a limit to how many characters you can have, unless it is as many as you can handle, the points shop could (I think) give out more character slots.

I dunno, thats sorta how it is on one of the forums I'm on.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

We haven't had a username change marathon in forever. >.>

Lol I thought of suggesting this months ago, but I thought it had already been suggested and wasn't sure what we could spend the points on. xD

Idea:

-Used for the URPG and ASBL boards.
Make it extremely expensive, and they could cash in a buttload of points for maybe 10 or 20 URPG dollars, the amount varying deciding on how many points we decide to give per post. It would be extremely expensive, though, because we don't need URPG/ASBL gajillionaires that didn't work for the cash.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."