Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:51 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie
Default Re: [WAR X] Voice Acting Event! - Be Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
for the octupus babies!!

Name: LS
Team: Octupus Babies
Entry:http://tindeck.com/listen/oysu

Character: I'm a rappin foo from Rocket schoo.

Changes/script/etc:

Prepare for trouble!
better Make it double!
Protecting the world from devastation.
Uniting all peoples within our nation.
Denouncing the evils of truth and love
Extending our reach to the stars above.
We've got the world right under our thumb!
Our killer beat makes your ears go numb!
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
We've got the style that's out of sight!
LS is an artistic genius.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 07-08-2011, 11:53 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
lolololol, I'm finished! :D

Hope the random things here and there aren't gonna get me in trouble. XD

Name: Grace
Team: The Cullen
Link:

~GS.
I thought about entering until I heard this. Now I'm supporting this one to win.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:18 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I love seeing new entries! I'm leaving this open till tomorrow. Please don't be afraid to enter. ^^
Old 07-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
I love seeing new entries! I'm leaving this open till tomorrow. Please don't be afraid to enter. ^^

Thank you! :D I've been so busy with my Drawn entry that I didn't have time to finish my entry for this. I'll try my absolute hardest to get this done by tomorrow. ^-^ (Because, darn it, VILE needs a fighting chance in this! xD)

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 07-09-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

I was going to enter and then...we couldn't do pairs so I didn't wanna. xD

I'LL BE CHEERING FOR YOU, XANTHE.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 07-09-2011, 04:10 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
As long as there is not a lot of dialogue. Just remember, you're not writing a whole new story, simply telling one from a different perspective. If there happens to be dialogue in the story, know that your character has to say the line as they heard it, NOT as another character. Like: So there I was, minding my own business, when this guy comes running around the corner and slams into me. Then he yells at me "Watch where you're going!" like it's my fault.
I would much rather you use an outside story rather than one you know so well you wrote it. XD
Since I might enter the this one, when you say "Don't say it as another character", most people when talking in general will impersonate the other person to an extent. So, if it was a girl gossiping in your one, for example, and it was a tough guy who bumped into her, most people would mimic the tough guy's voice. Are you saying we can't do that, as to me, not doing that seems weird and boring? :o

Just don't wanna get disqualified, or anything ^^;
Old 07-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Since I might enter the this one, when you say "Don't say it as another character", most people when talking in general will impersonate the other person to an extent. So, if it was a girl gossiping in your one, for example, and it was a tough guy who bumped into her, most people would mimic the tough guy's voice. Are you saying we can't do that, as to me, not doing that seems weird and boring? :o

Nah, you can impersonate another character's voice. What she means is don't act as if you ARE that character. So you're not like, playing two different characters. xD But of course you can mimic them.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 07-10-2011, 06:19 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Nah, you can impersonate another character's voice. What she means is don't act as if you ARE that character. So you're not like, playing two different characters. xD But of course you can mimic them.
What she said is correct. *nods*
Old 07-11-2011, 05:45 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I've seen several people show interest in the monologue for week two of the event and a couple of people have been disappointed to learn that they could not enter week two if they had not entered the first week. Because of this, I decided to make a change to scoring. The original idea was to combine the first and second weeks entries into one score, but after talking to Harry, each week will be scored separately. This way, you can still enter the monologue part of the event and receive a full score.

Now, there will be 3 points given first week; 2 points for first and 1 point for second.
There will still be 5 points for the second week; 3 points for first and 2 points for second.

So, here's the scores for Creative Interpretation of the Team Rocket motto. ^^

1. Character- What is the role you are speaking for and do you portray that role accurately?
2. Commitment- Do you maintain the same character and are you expressive?
3. Clarity- Is your voice audible and clear throughout the piece?
4. Creativity- Did you really take that slogan and make it your own?

The Breakdown

Moonkit- Pokemon Elemental here

1. 9/10
I like that you made it sound rather cold and indifferent. That’s good because of course, they don’t really care who they cause trouble for. It also seemed a bit theatrical, which can fit Team Rocket to a tee!
2. 6/10
You carried the same tone through the whole piece, but it did not feel like much expression was coming out. I know that it’s hard to sound cold and be expressive, it just didn’t give me that feeling like ‘back off or you’ll regret standing in our way, grrrr.’
3. 7/10
You spoke slowly and clearly enough to be understood, although at the very end I almost could not hear the word night when you kind of slurred the ending.
4. 8/10
This was clearly a new way of hearing the motto. I know that I have not heard it said that way before, so kudos there. And I liked the small changes that made it different. Nicely done.
Unfortunately, you missed the part about adding new lines to the original motto. So, I’m going to have to have to deduct a 5 points for that from creativity.
total: 30-5= 25/40
Graceful_Suicune- Cullen here

1. 8/10
Well, I listened to it several times and I still haven’t decided if you used an echo or recorded twice to double your voice, which is how it sounded in some places. Either way, it made this sound like you had two tough TR grunts putting up a challenge.
2. 9/10
You are certainly committed to the style here. You kept the same tone throughout, there was plenty of expression and very energetic, so well done.
3. 9/10
Despite the music and echo effect going on, your voice is very clear and it’s not difficult at all to understand what you are saying.
4. 9/10
You found an excellent beat that complemented the motto well and your rhythm was right with it. You certainly owned it. Overall, this sounded great. Awesome job.
Sorry, but you also missed the part about adding lines to the original motto, so I’m going to have to deduct 5 points from creativity here as well.
total: 35-5= 30/40
LS the Door Mat- Octopus Babies here
1. 8/10
You started out from the beginning with that tough guy laying down a challenge vibe. Though there wasn’t a clear character, it still worked for this.
2. 9/10
You punctuated the right spots, changing your vocals a bit here and there, and you had just enough attitude throughout to pull it all together.
3. 7/10
Unfortunately, the very start was a little garbled. I’m not sure if something was there that was supposed to be part of the piece or if that was a mistake that should have been edited out. It sounded like you were pushing yourself to keep up with the music, but overall I could hear the words clearly.
4. 9/10
I’d like to say that I haven’t heard this rapped before, but unfortunately I can’t. It also ended rather abruptly. However, the music in the background added some variety and harmonies that helped out. You were pushing the rhythm, but it flowed pretty well and you made it your own. And, I loved the added lyrics! They flowed into the rest of the motto like they belonged. Way to go!
total: 33/40

So, 2 points goes to LS and 1 point to Xanthe for their Team Rocket raps!

Only three entries? I had hoped to see people having a little fun with this one. Well done to all three though, and way to step up to a new challenge! ^^

Everyone, you already have the next VA theme, so get to it! x3

Last edited by k_pop; 07-11-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Unfortunately, you missed the part about adding new lines to the original motto. So, I’m going to have to have to deduct a 5 points for that from creativity.
Oh, darn! I thought that part was optional! XD Oh well. I added some random silly bits, but I guess they didn't count for lines. I got confused about how you said you couldn't change the original lines and thought that if I added anything I would be disqualified/have marks deducted, so I guess I should have asked before doing it. xD Oh well. Congrats to LS for winning! 8D I'll be sure to fit the proper criteria for the monologue, though. >8D

Also, I think that system is much better. Especially since for the other WARs you didn't need to have competed in the previous events. :3

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Hm, yes, well, I would be a fourth here Kpop, but then again I cannot tell you why I wasn't apparently.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:41 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem N Ems View Post
Wait, wut? I don't get it ._.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
You can be Bob impersonating Larry, but you can't switch actual characters from Bob to Larry.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:57 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
You can't play more than one role. Basically the idea is that you can mimic or make fun of another character, you can't actually PLAY that character.
Play the part as if you're telling any other story of something that happened during your day.

"So I'm walking the dog earlier and this guy just decides to pull over and ask 'hey, that's an American bulldog, right?' I say 'no, it's a boxer' while I'm trying to control the dog ready to jump in the guy's SUV. Who pulls over on the street to ask what kind of dog you have?"

Does that make any more sense?

Btw, that seriously happened to me today.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:10 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
You can't play more than one role. Basically the idea is that you can mimic or make fun of another character, you can't actually PLAY that character.
Play the part as if you're telling any other story of something that happened during your day.

"So I'm walking the dog earlier and this guy just decides to pull over and ask 'hey, that's an American bulldog, right?' I say 'no, it's a boxer' while I'm trying to control the dog ready to jump in the guy's SUV. Who pulls over on the street to ask what kind of dog you have?"

Does that make any more sense?

Btw, that seriously happened to me today.
This works better than my definition. XD

Oh, seriously? That's odd... Yeah, good point, though. Who does that? xD Obviously that guy!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!