Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:20 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Feel free to post a question you might have relating to the Pokemon Trading Card Game and one of our resident experts will try and answer you as soon as possible!
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen
Default Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Hey there, guess I'll be the first to ask questions. This will be about deck construction for a specific type. See, I haven't played the Pokémon TCG in years, and even back when I did play I sucked at making a good deck. So I'd enjoy some assistance if I can get some for the Online TCG.

I will state first that I got pretty damn lucky with the booster packs I got as a bonus for joining the Beta. A bunch of useful Fighting-Type cards, and a decent selection of Dark-Types. So I made a Fighting-Dark deck (since I ended up getting a Tyranitar line, and TTar is Dark, while his pre-evos are Fighting). I can see this could be problematic, but I do wanna try this deck out, it seems challenging in a good way, though, being the n00b I am, I can definitely be wrong.

What I am asking for is advice on what cards I should be looking for to add to the ability and power of this deck so it is a lot more formidable and not as easy to take down without a bit more effort. Here's what I have in this Deck:

DARK KNIGHTS

Types: Fighting/Dark

28 Pokémon
11 Trainers
21 Energy

Pokémon

x1 Hitmonchan
x1 Hitmonchan (Reverse Hollow)
x1 Hitmonlee
x2 Makuhita
x2 Hariyama
x3 Mankey
x1 Primeape
x1 Riolu
x1 Lucario
x1 Sawk
x1 Houndour
x1 Houndoom (Reverse Hollow)
x2 Eevee
x1 Umbreon (Rare Foil)
x1 Larvitar (Reverse Hollow)
x1 Larvitar
x1 Pupitar
x1 Pupitar (alternate)
x1 Tyranitar
x2 Onix
x2 Onix (alternate)

Trainers

x2 Dual Ball
x1 Energy Returner
x1 Life Herb
x1 PlusPower
x1 Bill
x1 Emcee's Chatter
x1 Professor Elm's Training Method
x1 Sage's Training
x1 Team Rocket's Trickery
x1 Burned Tower

Energy

x16 Fighting
x5 Dark

~***~

So that's what I have so far, not too impressive, but it's decent for getting all that from my first packs, I think. So anyone have advice for what cards I should look for, or other bits of advice?

Last edited by Shen; 07-03-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Spiderc Offline

Send a message via AIM to Spiderc
Default Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

First off, nice pulls. You got some pretty good stuff from your starting packs (getting a useful prime is always good). For improving your deck, you first want to try to get more Pokemon to streamline your deck. Mainly, I would say lose some of the non-evolving Pokemon, a try to get a few more Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar Prime. For trainers/supporters, you got a lot less lucky. Elm's Training Method is honestly the only staple you ave there. Try to get some Rare Candy, Professor Oak's New Theory, Interviewer's Questions, and Pokemon Communication. All of those should really help to speed up your deck, which is super important in the TCG. Lastly for energy, I'd say try to get some Darkness Energy, as they are pretty much permanent Pluspowers for Dark types.