Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Interactive Boards Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity
Default Re: [War X] Graphics

Name: Fierce Deity
Team: VILE
Entry:

WAR XI Team: .

Last edited by Fierce Deity; 07-09-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

JokesterJesse
Vile

Relevance to Theme; 5 points
Quality; 10 points
Focal; 10 points
Lighting; 7 points
Flow; 7 points
Depth; 7 points
Color; 4 points
Effects (c4ds, etc.); 3
Outcome of Banner; 3
Overall ; 56/75

CnC;
It's very similar to your last weeks submission, not the same, but built up in the same way. I like the colours, but the c4d are just cluttering it and don't seam to be fitting the theme, so yeah, to much c4d, not enough abstract, still really good banner. :)

Iso
Octopus Babies

Relevance to Theme; 8 points
Quality; 6 points
Focal; 5 points
Lighting; 6 points
Flow; 2 points
Depth; 1 points
Color; 3 points
Effects (c4ds, etc.); 3
Outcome of Banner; 3
Overall ; 37/75

CnC ;
Kudo's on almost nailing the theme, but the quality of your submission could have been much better, better colours and overall improvement on the banner as whole. Anyway your were really close on the theme but just because the theme is kinda messy and disorganized it doesn't mean that I won't be looking for high quality "Organized Chaos". :)

Hoshika
The Cullen

Relevance to Theme; 7 points
Quality; 10 points
Focal; 10 points
Lighting; 0 points
Flow; 5 points
Depth; 0 points
Color; 3 points
Effects (c4ds, etc.); 0
Outcome of Banner; 3
Overall ; 38/75

CnC;
Interesting... I like how simple it is. Tho you could have put on some effects, like a light source or something.

Shozuka
Vile

Relevance to Theme; 4 points
Quality; 9 points
Focal; 8 points
Lighting; 9 points
Flow; 8 points
Depth; 4 points
Color; 4 points
Effects (c4ds, etc.); 4
Outcome of Banner; 4
Overall ; 54/75

CnC ;
It's a pretty banner, it's really well made, but it looks more like a icon then abstract, the colours are soft and the effects look good, but it isn't abstract. ;)

Kayla Ann
The Cullen

Relevance to Theme; 7 points
Quality; 10 points
Focal; 9 points
Lighting; 10 points
Flow; 8 points
Depth; 5 points
Color; 5 points
Effects (c4ds, etc.); 4
Outcome of Banner; 4
Overall ; 62 /75

CnC ;
It's an amazing banner but it doesn't fit the theme perfectly.

Anastasia-R
Vile

Relevance to Theme; 9 points
Quality; 10 points
Focal; 8 points
Lighting; 10 points
Flow; 10 points
Depth; 2 points
Color; 4 points
Effects (c4ds, etc.); 4
Outcome of Banner; 5
Bonus Points; 5 points
Overall ; 67/75

CnC;
I'm giving you bonus points because it's original and it fit's the theme, but those colours are a bit "plain" together.

Fierce Deity
Vile

Relevance to Theme; 10 points
Quality; 10 points
Focal; 10 points
Lighting; 10 points
Flow; 10 points
Depth; 5 points
Color; 5 points
Effects (c4ds, etc.); 5
Outcome of Banner; 5
Bonus Points; 5 points
Overall ; 75/75

CnC ;
Amazing, you have done it again! You've captured the theme perfectly!
I love the colours and the special effects look brilliant!

So this weeks winner is Fierce Deity, again, so congrats Fierce, your team has earned 3 points, and congratulations Ana you have earned your team 2 points seeing you got 2nd place. ;)

So I guess that's 5 points for Vile .. :)

Last edited by Simmi; 07-09-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Post number 4 has been updated with info on week 3 and and post number 3 has been updated so that all the submission from week 2 are in there.. =D
Old 07-09-2011, 09:26 PM
SuperNova Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to SuperNova Send a message via AIM to SuperNova
Smile Re: [War X] Graphics

i know how stressful lifes can be and i want to firendly remind you that you forgot to present your opinion on my work of art

please respond ASAP i an anxious for jurdgement
-{URPG STATS}-_-{VPP STATS}-
[/color]
Old 07-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNova View Post
i know how stressful lifes can be and i want to firendly remind you that you forgot to present your opinion on my work of art

please respond ASAP i an anxious for jurdgement

But your not on a War team, rule number 1 :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
-To enter you must be on a war team [If your not and want to enter you can join a team in here]

Relevance to Theme; 9 points
Quality; 3 points
Focal; 1 points
Lighting; 0 points
Flow; 0 points
Depth; 0 points
Color; 1 points
Effects (c4ds, etc.); 1
Outcome of Banner; 1

Overall ; 16/75

So yeah... You got the abstract part right, but you must be on an official war team to be able to participate, why don't you go join one in case you wanna participate in next weeks contest?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Hoshika Offline

What's so bad about having colors that don't burn your eyes when they're together?

Also your entire grading policy on abstract work is an absolute trainwreck. I'd like to see you grade some famous works of modern abstract art or look into making different rubrics depending on what theme is assigned. Depth? Really?
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Last edited by Hoshika; 07-09-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
What's so bad about having colors that don't burn your eyes when they're together?

Also your entire grading policy on abstract work is an absolute trainwreck. I'd like to see you grade some famous works of modern abstract art or look into making different rubrics depending on what theme is assigned. Depth? Really?
Just using the form that was requested last week..

This is the original form I created

Relevance to Theme;
Quality of Submission;
Appearance of Banner;
Creativity;
Use of Effects;
Use of Colours;
Outcome of Banner;
Other;
Bonus
Overall;

I think it had been much better suited to evaluate this style but it wouldn't have changed anything about what Banner won this weeks contest, Fierce won by a long shot.

Anyway I'll continue on using the form I used this weeks since next weeks theme is Graffiti and upcoming themes are gonna relate more to the suggested form then the old one.

So have a look at these, these are by the first abstract painter, aka Wassily Kandisky
Spoiler:

Those are what in my opinion are Abstract art in it's purest form.

Also I assume you think I'm being unfair in your rating, but to be honest, I file like it's a rip off Newmans voice of Fire, but who knows maybe you haven't even seen that piece of work before, but take a look at it, how he uses a red strike and how he used a blue background, you used a simple red strike on a white background, that's just semi unoriginal in my honest opinion and to simple, no one is asking for eye piercing colours, see any eye piercing colours in that painting? No you see simple blue and red. You could have at least made the background gradient in 2 different shades of white...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Depth? Really?
Also I'd like to point out to you that Depth can be found in abstract paintings/work...

Jackson Pollock
Spoiler:

Depth can be created with the correct combination of colours and by adding shades and shadows, there are many ways that the illusion of depth can be added to an abstract painting so please do yourself a favor and actually take a look at some paintings before making statements and claims like that, depth is not a new term that came with photoshop...

Also take a look at Fierce's banner, it clearly has depth in it.

Also this is a Graphics contests, in case you missed the title, there was a theme assigned, you were suppose to convert that theme to make it suitable with Graphics requirements, and seeing this is a Graphics contest I'll be evaluating it with a Graphics evaluation form, so if you don't think your up for the challenge of creating a Graphics styled abstract banner then why did you enter?

Also take a look at Fierce's banner, he added a Light source to his submission he made it suitable with Graphics.

Last edited by Simmi; 07-10-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:49 AM
SuperNova Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to SuperNova Send a message via AIM to SuperNova

you lack TRUTH inspiration like me

(see look how imspird ^ the rainbow is) (sic)
-{URPG STATS}-_-{VPP STATS}-
[/color]

Last edited by SuperNova; 07-10-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: i had to inspire the truth some more
Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Hoshika Offline

you misunderstood me, okay

edit:

I entered that as a joke and wanted to see what the score was, and I found it suspicious that some of the things you were grading in each graphic were vague and also found it suspicious that FD won all of these (I thought other graphics were better but that's just me I guess)
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Last edited by Hoshika; 07-10-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Hey, Simmi, I don't understand what you're trying to say in your crit for my banner.
I don't understand what you mean by "plain" colors. How is it plain? Is it dull, or something? Does it have to relate to the value, or saturation? It's it not appealing enough for you or something?
I would just like a little more detail into that crit, that's all.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

I find it odd that Fierce won twice. Nothing against your judging, Simmi, but his banner wouldn't have won if it was up to me. And not everything needs a light source or depth. Sufficient and successful art can be made without one.

But I guess interpretations are all up to the viewer. That's why there is no right answer when judging art, because it can't be judged. There are things to be improved upon, however.

And Hosh, if the theme was minimalism you should have won. xD

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 07-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia-R View Post
Hey, Simmi, I don't understand what you're trying to say in your crit for my banner.
I don't understand what you mean by "plain" colors. How is it plain? Is it dull, or something? Does it have to relate to the value, or saturation? It's it not appealing enough for you or something?
I would just like a little more detail into that crit, that's all.

Sure I'd be happy to into some closer CnC as the one up there was made while rating all the banners at once.

First off you used Magenta, which is not a appealing colour to me personally and I think it's barely used in abstract, Magenta otherwise known as blue-red because it's built up with those colours and there for it doesn't add up to combine it with blue, like Red and Magenta do in no way match, also you used light blue which isn't really complimenting the colour magenta, if you were looking for a colour that goes well with magenta a lighter shade of green had been a better chose, but a colour that would compliment this "cyan" like colour would be a darker shade of oranges.

Magenta and that light blue are too dull together. Basically what I am saying is, Light blue and magenta are cold colours, so your submission is cold colourvise and therefor comes of dull/boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
you misunderstood me, okay

edit:

I entered that as a joke and wanted to see what the score was, and I found it suspicious that some of the things you were grading in each graphic were vague and also found it suspicious that FD won all of these (I thought other graphics were better but that's just me I guess)
Even tho most of the entries look awesome FD has managed to nail the theme 2 weeks in a row.

Vector

Abstract

There is no doubt about what theme he was going for in these two banners, but as for this one here as amazing as it is you can't tell that it's suppose to be an Abstract banner.

Making a brilliant banner is not enough if you can't see the theme in it.

Take for an example, Ana makes the best banner ever made and the style is graffiti but there isn't a hint of graffiti in her banner, while you make a banner that displays graffiti but isn't as good, would you find it fair if she won?

There is no question about the DF's banners, you see in what style they are right away and they are in amazing quality, DF is just that good at making banners. Also I can promise you there is nothing biased about my judgments, I don't know DF, I can promise you that.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Why are you guys arguing and thinking something suspicious is going on? I don't even talk to him or know him other than the fact that he's a Site staff member too. And if you want to say he's biased because of that, Jesse's on Staff also ._.

Anyway, I'll post later with my entry for this week

WAR XI Team: .
Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
Why are you guys arguing and thinking something suspicious is going on? I don't even talk to him or know him other than the fact that he's a Site staff member too. And if you want to say he's biased because of that, Jesse's on Staff also ._.

Anyway, I'll post later with my entry for this week
No one's arguing against YOU or Simmi. Just how the entries were judged. And I have spoken to Simmi on the matter. But it really is up to interpretation of the viewer.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

If anyone has a problem with judging of any WAR events, please contact one of the WAR leaders. You may ask a judge for clarification on a decision but if you wish to take it further than that you need to contact a WAR leader and not post about it publicly because that only starts drama.

Just a general warning to everyone for future reference =)