Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Interactive Boards Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Hoshika Offline

Default Re: [WAR X] Drawn Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
what, are you talking about that one?
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Congrats for Hoshika, Lusankya & Phantom Kat !

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Kayla Ann Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kayla Ann Send a message via MSN to Kayla Ann Send a message via Skype™ to Kayla Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Kat should get -points for getting the number of stripes on the US flag wrong. So unpatriotic.
Who says you have to be patriotic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Congrats to Hosh and Kat. I loved yours, Hosh. The image fit Japan really well.

Also Kayla, I'm wondering if 'neatness' applies to all pictures. Some can be abstract and all over the place but still make an effective drawing.

I dunno, just something to consider. xD
That's why it is hard to judge one certain categories. There are all different styles and types of drawings. I tried to make the judging criteria as general as possible, so I wouldn't demolish anyone's artistic style/preference. /:

Quote:
well I did my entry at the last minute and only thought about shading and composition :I

@gemma + kayla ann: neatness --> composition LET'S GO

I couldn't tell that you did it last minute .__.
I honestly really think it describes Japan and their situation perfectly.

Quote:
what, are you talking about that one?

No. Tacos don't qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post

EDIT: :DDDDD @ at the prompt for Week Three. Inner band geek, rise!

I felt like everyone should be able to relate to music :3

. tumblr .--------------. factfile - quotes . ---------------. Gallery .
_

Last edited by Kayla Ann; 07-09-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Ann View Post
Who says you have to be patriotic?
Historical accuracy doesn't count at all? XP

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Hoshika Offline

JOKE GOING TOO FAR

lusankya loses 500 points

anyway I'll try and submit for this because I loooooooove music
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:

Old 07-09-2011, 07:57 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Tbh, I don't think 'Neatness' should be a category considering a lot of art appeal can come from messy or abstract styles. Heck, a lot of the most famous pieces look like someone drank a gallon of paint then threw up on a canvas...

Ana's drawing was gorgeous.

Anywho, I want to enter this week. ;D
Old 07-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Kayla Ann Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kayla Ann Send a message via MSN to Kayla Ann Send a message via Skype™ to Kayla Ann

ATTENTION;

A few people have complained about the judging on 'Neatness' , which I can understand.
Starting this week and continuing on until the end of WAR, these will be the judging categories.

-Theme; 10points. It follows the theme well. The harder it is to see the theme in your submission, the more points I will take off.

-Creativity; 10points. The entry clearly shows hard work ethics, and original ideas are present.

-Organization; 10points. The entry is nicely organized, you can tell they set up things to correspond with one another. Things aren't jumbled around. The placement of things makes sense.

-Overall Appeal; 10points. Whether or not the entry is appealing to look at. It has nice colouring, shading, texture, etc.

_
Old 07-09-2011, 09:00 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Ann View Post
ATTENTION;

A few people have complained about the judging on 'Neatness' , which I can understand.
Starting this week and continuing on until the end of WAR, these will be the judging categories.

-Theme; 10points. It follows the theme well. The harder it is to see the theme in your submission, the more points I will take off.

-Creativity; 10points. The entry clearly shows hard work ethics, and original ideas are present.

-Organization; 10points. The entry is nicely organized, you can tell they set up things to correspond with one another. Things aren't jumbled around. The placement of things makes sense.

-Overall Appeal; 10points. Whether or not the entry is appealing to look at. It has nice coloring, shading, texture, etc.
I'm still kinda against it, because my particular style is outrageous and all over the place. But I suppose if I can make it an organized mess, then I can get away with it. I think I'll just stick to pencils since using photoshop seems to fail me in my drawings. I have colored pencils and what not. Neatness and organization is where I suffer most, it's just something I guess I'll have to work on. xD

Also by instrumental music, do you mean simply songs that are an orchestra that have no words or vocals, or do you mean just the way music sounds in a song, vocals or otherwise, just your general interpretation of what you picture when you hear the music of that song?

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 07-09-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
I'm still kinda against it, because my particular style is outrageous and all over the place. But I suppose if I can make it an organized mess, then I can get away with it. I think I'll just stick to pencils since using photoshop seems to fail me in my drawings. I have colored pencils and what not.

Also by instrumental music, do you mean simply songs that are an orchestra that have no words or vocals, or do you mean just the way music sounds in a song, vocals or otherwise, just your general interpretation of what you picture when you hear the music of that song?
I can't really speak for her, but instrumental means without vocals. Idk if that's what she meant, but that's the proper musical definition.

Also, question: Can it be an instrumental version of a song that is originally recorded with vocals? I don't just mean the backing track, I mean an arrangement without vocals where instruments pick up the melody line.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Kayla Ann Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
I'm still kinda against it, because my particular style is outrageous and all over the place. But I suppose if I can make it an organized mess, then I can get away with it. I think I'll just stick to pencils since using photoshop seems to fail me in my drawings. I have colored pencils and what not.

As long as I can tell that there is some sort of planning/organization done, you should be fine.

By Instrumental Music, I mean no vocals, just instrument. Just pick a song of your choice, and draw whatever comes to mind when you listen to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Also, question: Can it be an instrumental version of a song that is originally recorded with vocals? I don't just mean the backing track, I mean an arrangement without vocals where instruments pick up the melody line.
yes, it can. Any instrumental piece is acceptable.

_

Last edited by Kayla Ann; 07-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:

I think by Instruments she means not just the orchestral once, I mean drums, saxophone's and piano's are instruments and they are not used in an orchestra.. :)

Anyway if you accept scanned hand drawn pictures then I'll see if I'll find the time to enter. :)
Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Kayla Ann Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think by Instruments she means not just the orchestral once, I mean drums, saxophone's and piano's are instruments and they are not used in an orchestra.. :)

Anyway if you accept scanned hand drawn pictures then I'll see if I'll find the time to enter. :)
Yes, Hand drawn pictures are accepted!

_
Old 07-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
@gemma + kayla ann: neatnessorganization --> composition LET'S GO
just saiyan

Quote:

Old 07-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
just saiyan
I was just about to point that out. xD

A better word for 'organisation' would be composition. If you look at my form back whenever I had judged...it was fairly similar to the one below. I think your form should consist of;

Theme: relevance to theme
Creativity: thinking outside the square
Shading: proper shading or lack of (in some cases)
Composition: how well aspects are arranged on a canvas
Overall: how everything works as a whole

Sound any good?

@ Kayla - I did the EXACT same theme with the music last year as you're doing now. Well almost. I had Lyrical Interpretation. XD

EDIT: skill could also be opted for shading. I know I used it in my form for WAR 9.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 07-10-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:31 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
I can't really speak for her, but instrumental means without vocals. Idk if that's what she meant, but that's the proper musical definition.

She agreed to yours, and I think that's kind of where I was headed with that. So basically I just have to find the instrumental to a song, and do a drawing about how the song makes me feel. I can do that well enough.
Quote:
just saiyan
i c wat u did thar.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.