Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Yusei Fudo Offline
New Trainer

Default Stupid things you thought/did with Pokemon as a kid.

Hey this thread is basically about you guys writing about things that you thought or did relating to pokemon that when you think about it now is pretty stupid.
It could be you thinking that something did something if you pressed it or listening to something on the internet that turned out to be fake. Or maybe you thought a certain character in the show was a girl instead of a guy or a guy instead of a girl. Share your stories!

I'll start us off by saying this...
In pokemon red, I though that when my Pikachu fainted from poison while walking with it in my party in Viridian forrest, it meant that it fainted and I had to go find it in the forrest or else I would lose my pikachu forever... yes it's really stupid but I was young.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Stupid things you thought/did with Pokemon as a kid.

The very first time I played Pokemon, I thought in order to add Pokemon to your party you just had to make them faint. I couldn't understand why all the Pidgey I was defeating on Route 1 weren't added to my team. xD

I was also addicated to trying out all those random theories, like being able to find Mew under a truck near the S.S. Anne.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Vanity

For a while I could not fathom why I couldn't get into the Pokemon League in Red/Blue/Yellow, until my brother explained to me what I had to do.

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Old 06-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I was also addicated to trying out all those random theories, like being able to find Mew under a truck near the S.S. Anne.
^this

Also, all my friends would play pokemon at school during recess and such. However, all of us also had our personal Gym that "we were apart of" since mine was Cerulean City, I had the biggest crush on Misty...

I still do to this day :x

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 06-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
For a while I could not fathom why I couldn't get into the Pokemon League in Red/Blue/Yellow, until my brother explained to me what I had to do.
^ This. xD Except I eventually figured it out 'cause the guy's all "YOU NEED THIS BADGE TO PASS" and yeah.

I always thought in RBY that the ghosts in Lavender Tower would pop out of the game and possess me or some stupid thing LOL. Seriously, it scared the crap out of me when my Pokemon couldn't attack them, and I wasn't aware of the Silph Scope at the time. x3

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Whenever I was stuck in a cave, I would give the game to my brother, who would do something to, then he told me to take it outside in the bright sun, and I would be able to see in the cave. I would take it outside, and I could magically see in the cave. I found out about a year later, he was using Flash... xD

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I battled a friend using my blastoise against his, and all we did was hydro pump each other over and over again because our attacks were literally hydro pump, surf, water gun, and bubblebeam. Most awesome coin toss ever. XD
Old 06-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Skylands Offline

I had always thought Psychic type Pokemon attacks were super effective against Grass types.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

The very first stupid thing I ever did was when my brother gave me his Silver game and was all like 'take good care of it' because he was going to college.

He had a freaking Lugia, and a Mewtwo. And for some reason, my four-year-old mind thought that 'New Game' meant 'Keep Going' or something. xD Baibailegendaries.

LOL I remember when one of my Pokemon would be poisoned, and the screen would keep flashing and I was like ':o'. I asked my older brother (who was younger than the one who gave me Pokemon Silver, since I have two older brothers) what was going on, and he said that one of my Pokemon were poisoned. I thought he said that there was a poison Pokemon around, and I was like "WHERE? I WANNA CATCH IT!". He never bothered correcting me, but I figured it out soon enough.

I used to think Ditto was a poison type. xD
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Ooh I thought of another one. The first time I played Ruby and one of my Pokemon got Poisoned I thought the game was glitched and reset it. xD Because the Poison makes the whole screen shake slightly when you move and that had never happened before in previous games.

I probably did that about 3 times until I reset once and it didn't help because I'd saved while my Pokemon was Poisoned... I finally figured it out xD
Old 06-26-2011, 02:22 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

When I first played Yellow, and when Pikachu first had low health, I FREAKED OUT! I was like, "what is that ringing sound?!" My mom actually called Nintendo and asked them what it was. She felt really dumb.. Calling Nintendo to ask a question for her 4 year old son...

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Dark Salamence Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark Salamence Send a message via MSN to Dark Salamence

In Ruby, I thought that Absol was a legendary and because it kept escaping my Pokeballs I used my Master Ball. D:

I also believed random stuff that my friend told me, like that you could combine Thunder and Psychic to make a mega attack thing, and that if I kept using Splash, Magikarp would use a really powerful attack.

Also, one time when I traded with them, I let them trade without me looking and they stole my level 97 Raichu, Queenie. I got her back, but she's been cloned so many times I don't know if it's the original. All of my friends used to have one. Dx

Oh yeah, and I traded my level 86 Swampert for a second Rayquaza.

I was such a gullible kid. ;o;

TwitterTumblrDeviantart
Old 06-26-2011, 02:58 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I was playing Pokemon Gold and I actually got a Shiny Cyndaquil, I tell people this, but I say I always went a kept it and it became Shiny Typhlosion! The thing is, That last part never happened. It was when my Bro got Silver and I got Gold, and he picked Totodile. Well, we decided to get up ahnd go into the grass at the same time, and we did. and He came into battle first and his Totodile wasn't shiny, So no sparkles. I went into battle and my Cyndaquil came out Sparkly and Me nor him knew what it was, so I turned off my Game as Fast as I could becuase I thought it was going to mess up my whole game. and I never found another Shiny on Gold again. O.o So the truth has come out!
Also, about a month later, we came across a site that said, Sparkles meant SHINY and a Shiny was worth ALOT! Even more so a Starter and he'd trade ANYTHING for a Shiny. And I was then like, "Oh my God. I released a SHINY! I'm a DUMMY! (Remember, I was only 3 at the time ;P)" and my bro started laughing ;P
Note to self: Sparkles are GOOD.

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 06-26-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
I had always thought Psychic type Pokemon attacks were super effective against Grass types.
This... Until I found out Venusaur was also Poison type.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:18 AM
Latisiblings Offline

I used to think Ghost-types were weak against Psychic. Which was true in Red.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Closed Thread