Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default .stalls.

Dear readers |
This is where I slowly begin world domination by winning you over with collected stories about Pokemon horses used to tote people across regions that come right off of the top of my head, starting with my favorite, the very first one that came off of the top of my head.

The (growing) Collection:

Ambrosia
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 06-25-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: .stalls.

Ambrosia -- Zebstrika Mare
~"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."
-John Lennon
My life sucked in a kind of messed-up way.

So you'd think it would be cool to be a Zebstrika. Thunder duocorn (we have two horns, so you can't really call us a unicorn), right? Yep, the amazing zebra pony that constantly has about half a million volts of electricity pulsing through its body. But trust me -- I'd take being a Magikarp anyday. At least I would know that someday I would get my revenge when I evolved. You see, though, I'm kind of stuck like this. Oh, wait, I haven't gotten to the bad part yet. Do you know that annoying, I'm-about-to-die-from-asphyxiation feeling you get when a friend sits on your chest? Imagine how I feel when some Trainer the size of a Wailord decides his flying Pokemon is far too tired to fly anymore (I wonder why...) and decides to rent me from the stable. And then keeps hitting me because I can't move fast enough.

Some of these guys are just... ugh. It's disgusting to even look at them, and the thought of them on my back is absolutely repulsive. I just want to shock them off, but then I know that I'd be fired. I've got it made, here in the stable. Trainers can't try to catch me because of our tag and we're so soaked in Repel that it makes you feel high, but keeps the wild Pokemon that decide they're hungry away. Three square meals a day (when we're home) and all of the Oddishes you can munch on (not really, they're sort of poisonous). The last thing I wanted to do was get fired. Not all of my patrons are terrible, though.

This one day in particular was an excellent one that turned quickly horrid, then finally, interesting, though, and I recall it with sharp clarity.

Normally, since I'm stronger than even most of the Zebstrika stallions, I'd be the one to always get the heavyweight ones, but by this point in my career they figured out that when I want to be I can make your ride as smooth as silk. I was carrying two passengers -- one was a grizzled, old, rich man in a black and white tuxedo named Kalahaq. The other was a precious little girl in a frilly white dress with long blonde hair that kept playing with my mane, and her name was Lillia.

We had started at Undella Town, where I was resting, when I was ordered to take a grandfather and his granddaughter west through White Forest, across the bridge, through Nimbasa City, and then through the merry, dry, I-want-to-curl-up-and-die heat, and finally, to Castelia, where I was promised a week of rest and massages.

The journey was, needless to say, pleasant at first. Setting out to our special routes, reserved for only us and no trainers, the girl, Lillia was constantly pointing out things and asking what they were (the sweet thing, she was probably only about four), and Kalahaq would always give her an answer. I never liked someone that I've carried before, because they always kicked me and hit me and swore at me because I tripped due to the fact they drove me off of the path or wasn't going fast enough to carry their eighty pounds of fat (and/or luggage). This couple just let me do whatever, and I was happy. They even let me graze a bit, and they had a picnic of berries from the man's berry pouch while I did so.

After our lunch, we continued on the trail, and went into White Forest. The sounds inside of the forest were scary to the little girl.

"Papa, I'm scared," she wailed, and cringed back into her grandfather. The old man had me stop, for some reason, and he dismounted, lifting the little girl off as well. At first, I thought he was going to throw the girl off into the forest or something, and I was prepared to kick his ass right then and there; POW, hooves in the face! But instead, he cradled the girl in his arms and brought her in front of me. I lowered my head and sniffed her stomach, and she giggled.

"You see, mi'lady," the old man said, "this here is Ambrosia. She's a nice Zebstrika mare, which is why she's carried us so far." He propped the girl up so that her and I were gently staring each other down. Her eyes were a gorgeous light blue, lighter than mine, and they danced with delight. "She's a strong Pokemon, like the ones the Champion has. She'll protect us." Lillia looked back at him, her mouth in the shape of a shallow 'o', absolutely fascinated. Suddenly she reached out to me, and surprised, I pulled back, but then controlled my urges to flee (like I usually did the second a human other than the stablehand reached out towards me) and nuzzled her. She latched her tiny hands around my neck and then squirmed from her old man's grasp. She slid down my neck and hung there, giggling with glee. She planted a big, wet kiss on the side of my neck.

"Thank yew, horsie!" she exclaimed, still laughing.

"That's my Lil!" the grandfather murmured, smiling. He freed my neck of her iron grip and replaced her on my back. Kalahaq returned before me and patted my muzzle. "Good ole' girl you are, good ole' girl..." My head turned and my eyes followed him as he climbed back onto my saddled back. He seemed to notice the glowing yellow tag clipped onto my ear, in the shape of a horseshoe. He frowned at it, and then gently spurred me on.

I don't know about you, but I think this was why I liked these people.

I remembered the first time a rider got mad at me because I was going too slowly up an incline with an incline that could have easily passed for 75 or 80 degrees on a protractor. Being the idiot that he was, he ripped off my saddle to lessen my burden and tried to ride me bareback. Obviously, this guy didn't know that the saddle was the only thing keeping my spiked fur from making him bleed. He ended up stripping down naked and putting his clothes on my back so that he wouldn't get hurt, which I certainly did not appreciate. For me and all of the other stable Pokemon it was this -- no shoes, no shirt, no saddle, we're kicking you off. And that's what I did.

I also remember the time that woman stole me from the stables, a baby in her arms. She drove me out of town, leaving cuts in my side from spurring me on so many times. Men were chasing after us, so I thought that they must be trying to steal the baby. I went as fast as I possibly could, wanting to save her and her child. But halfway there when I heard the woman muttering to herself as the baby cried, asking herself "what was the damn thing's name again?", I turned right around and kicked her off. Of course, I wouldn't leave the baby there. I knew the lil' thing would be safe after I kicked the woman off, because we were in Floaroma Meadow at the time and there was nothing but flowers and soft grass. Before the theif could get the baby, I picked the youngin' up at both ends of her wrappings and carried her right back to the stable. When they drug her back in she spied me munching on oats in my stable and listening to the stable girl play a gentle melody on her Poke Flute, and began cussing at me and spitting and trying to get away from the men restraining her so she could get to me. I only lifted my head and snorted at her. Like a wave, the other horse Pokemon lifted their heads and did the same. I had gone to every stable, and at every stable I had shown them that I was not to be messed with, which automatically put me as ring leader. Whatever I did, they took after. It was quite hilarious, actually, but I never used them for it.

Back to the story. So everything was fine and dandy. We were almost out of the forest, and the little girl had fallen asleep about an hour before, halfway through. Kalahaq was a quiet old man, and he simply contented himself by turning his light brown eyes about the scenery, humming a gentle melody to himself and his slumbering kin.

You see, I have a pretty good sense of smell, being a horse Pokemon. And the moment I smelled blood I didn't like it. I became wary immediately, my gait becoming tighter and more collected. The child didn't wake, but Kalahaq noticed it. He patted my neck.

"Something wrong, girl?" he asked gently, looking ahead. He couldn't smell it. I forced myself to relax my gait, to quell his fear. No need for panic. Panic led to utter terror, and utter terror led to those shiny leather boots to gore into my stomach, usually. My worse fears were relieved as I heard Mandibuzz fighting over something dead up ahead. At least it wasn't some cannibal Trainer or something. From the smell of it, it was nothing but a dead Rattata that had attracted some attention from the local scavengers. Thinking nothing of it, I went on. They were a little to the right of the trail, and I took my time, walking so I wouldn't provoke an attack, for Mandibuzz were extremely paranoid and had the tendancy to think that even herbivores wanted to steal their prey. Everything was fine and they were minding their own business, until three yards in front of them, Lillia was woken up by their screeching and her eyes were exposed to a bloody mess of scattered chunks. She didn't make a noise or move a muscle, so there was no way for us to know she was awake. Suddenly, as we found ourselves parallel to them, another quarrel broke out, and the Rattata head was flung at us, landing between the saddlehorn and my neck. She let out an ear-piercing scream as it landed.

Now, normally I would be pissed forevermore, despite the fact that she was a little girl. It wasn't because she was scared. It was because that scream made one of my ears bleed. Literally. I felt the blood trickle out of it. But I wasn't, and this was why.

Kalahaq quickly threw the head back at the Mandibuzz and then swept his granddaughter off of my back. With surprising lithe for a man of his age, he leaped off as well, and then sat down off of the path, leaning against a tree as he cradled the little girl in his arms. Then, he began murmuring gently in her ear: "Lillia, Lillia, don't worry, it's not Mousey, it's not Mousey. It's okay, it's fine, it's fine." He repeated this several times and I realized that this girl had a pet Rattata, and I realized why she was so traumatized about this.

Little did I know, the head that Kalahaq threw off hit one Mandibuzz in the head, which made it extremely mad. It lunged at them suddenly, and the rest of the horde followed. For a moment, I thought I wouldn't make it to the girl and the man fast enough, but an Agility got me there fast enough to turn around and blast a thousand or so volts of electricity through each of them with a well-placed Thunder. They scattered quickly then, and the only sound was my sparking back (thank goodness the saddles were specially made so that they were burn proof) and the little girl's sobs. I turned to her then, feeling sorry for the youngin'. Kalahaq was staring at me, infinitely grateful for my protection. I nuzzled the little girl and nibbled at her hair, and when she noticed, she opened her eyes and her sobs began to fade. She looked around, and upon finding that the scary birds had disappeared, she suddenly rejoiced. She latched onto my head and exclaimed: "Ambrosia horsie is Champion!"

You see, this made me unexplicably happy. It was so weird, having a rider bring me such joy, especially a couple like this. They treated me like family, and I saw what I had been missing with the cruel, random riders that forced me to do their bidding. For a moment, I could see finding somebody like that and living like this for the rest of my life, with people who loved me. Then, reality broke through. I was a scarred, old Zebstrika that would only last a few more years. Even if they did buy me, their hearts would only be broken if I were to die soon after. I quickly shook the thoughts away. After Lillia was comforted, we continued on our journey tenatively.

By time we reached the bridge, it was high noon and bustling with activity. Narrowly dodging a Muscle Wing that decided to drop right on our heads, we made it off of the bridge and into Nimbasa.

It was strange, having a rich patron. Normally, these type of people would take small planes, since that was the growing source of travel. Those who still relied on horseback were one of three things: poor, nomads, or criminals. Though, on rare occasions we came across poor criminals who were forced to be nomads. And on even rarer events, we'd find a heavyset, broke nomad that became a criminal the moment he stole a stable horse. And incase you haven't noticed, we don't all too well like heavy people. Despite all of this, when we did get rich riders, to be blunt, they were shitheads. Always asking themselves why they decided to take a horse, why they didn't take a plane, why Pokemon shouldn't be used for travel because they are uncomfortable, etc. etc. But this here man, Kalahaq, was kind, and polite, from what I could see. As we passed through the city, he tipped his hats to everyone that passed. I was puzzled as he stopped me outside of the Pokemon Center, and walked inside. He returned with a bag of... PokeTreats.

I watched him as he walked and sat down at the bench outside of the red building, and stood dutifully beside him. I didn't really want any (I was used to oats and raw berries instead of the rich, gourmet chunks of whatever mix of Poffins and whatever else was in them), but he offered anyway, so I licked a few of them out of his hand and refused to take anymore. Then, I watched, fascinated as took off his hat to reveal a head of coarse, gray hair, streaked heavily with white. Pouring the treats into his hat as a bowl, he disposed of the plastic wrapping in a trash can and began instructing his grandchild on how to feed the Pidoves. I was appalled by this. A rich man, with probably enough money that he could buy the city -- feeding the stupidest bird Pokemon ever to hop and fly across the land? It scared me, almost.

After he ran out of feed, he collapsed the hat until it was flat and pulled another one from his bag, unfolded it, and then placed it on his head. I stared at this man, dumbfounded beyond belief. It was something I had never seen before. I wondered what he did that made him such a great living. We continued on, into the desert. Surprisingly, we had no trouble here. Probably because I thundered through it so fast that not even the sandstorm could catch up with us. That's how much I hated deserts.

As soon as we entered the Castelia Square, I began regretting running through that desert. Only yards ahead would I return to my average life as a stable horse, never knowing who I would be forced to carry or what I would encounter. My hooves began to drag and I suddenly felt dread deep in my gut. Kalahaq, the kind old fool, patted my neck, oblivious to what was causing my sorrow. My ears flicked back against my skull and I headed for the return center. I was greeted by the familiar Castelia stablegirl, Mitt, after my riders dismounted, and swallowed by the shadows of Quick Hooves Transportation. I felt outright depressed then.

I was lavished in pats and oats and fresh hay and inviting neighs, and yet I still wished I had refused to enter the stable, maybe gotten myself fired, so that this man could take me home. Then, my fantasies dropped like a fly whose wings were plucked off. This man came to Castelia, where he probably owned some studio apartment at the highest floor of the richest tower, with a glorious view of the ocean. He would have no place for a massive creature. Mitt finally left me alone, figuring out that nothing she could do would cheer me up, and I turned my back to the world and lowered my head into the far corner of my stall.

I stayed like this for the whole week that I was promised off. My neck hurt from being lowered so much, but I couldn't care less. I ate what was necessary and nothing more. I was strong, both mentally and physically (this much I knew), but for some reason, I couldn't get over the fact that maybe I had done the wrong thing, by coming to the stable and giving up my freedom... by deciding that I was tired of always trying to be captured and always being victim to nature. It happened often and mostly willingly -- very few of the horse Pokemon that worked at Quick Hooves were forced to. Most of them had just gotten tired of the Bouffalant-crap that being wild poured on them on a daily basis. I began to regret it with every fiber of my mind, and saw that this place was no longer my home. I was homesick for the tall grasses of Route 7, that lay under the spindly beams that were put to the test by traveling Trainers, that constantly fell victim to Tornadus' and Thundurus' combined wrath.

With my head stuck in the corner, I never heard the footsteps coming towards my stall until they were almost to it. I realized that my break was up, and my torture would begin once more. I lifted my head, newfound determination pulsing through me. I would refuse to take this patron anywhere at all. I would be fired, and I would go back to the wilderness. That was my final decision. Shaking my head slightly, I turned, keeping my eyes on the ground. I heard the shuffling of Poke Dollars being passed, and I heard the stable doors open.

"Ambrosia?" Mitt asked, confused. Usually I always exited the stall immediately, and she was unsure of what was wrong. I didn't respond. "I'm sorry," Mitt continued, turning to whatever patron she might have brought upon me. "Are you sure this is the one you want?"

"Yes, we're quite sure," a voice said. It was slightly raspy from age, but female, probably an old woman. A minute or two passed, and I heard a sigh, and then out of the top of my eyes I spied another person kneeling, but determined, I kept my gaze down.

"Ah, good ole' girl. Fine spirit she has..." a kind, familiar voice murmured. Surprised, I lifted my head to see... Kalahaq! My posture immediately straightened and I brought my head up. As soon as the elderly man stood, I came forward and arched my head over his shoulder, using my head to pull him to my chest in an equine hug. I chewed on his coattail affectionately. I glanced over to see the elderly woman that had spoken before smiling at Kalahaq, and the way she looked at him made me think that she was his wife. In fact, I was almost certain. I released the old man, suddenly thinking that I might be giving him a heart attack or something, and tilted my head at them, waiting for instructions on where I was going to take them. After a few seconds, I looked from Mitt and back to the couple, confused. Why wasn't I being given directions? Why was Mitt being quiet?

Then, Kalahaq spoke up. "Alright, I guess we'll be taking her back to Icirrus City with us. Be sure to give that to the boss, now," he said. Mitt nodded. Normally, I wouldn't trust any other stablehand to take it to the manager, but I could tell that Mitt was happy that I would be going somewhere better than I was now. We set out the next morning, towards Icirrus, and I began looking forward to my new life. I found out that every year Kalahaq took Lillia on a regional trip, following the path of the Entralink, before returning her to her parents in Castelia. Chepi, his wife, was just as gentle and kind as he was, too.

I always scoffed at happy endings. You know, the 'ride-off-into-the-sunset' kind of thing that you've heard for years and years. Well, I'll let you know right now that I won't tell it any other way, because that's how it happened. I'll have you know that I never saw Castelia or the Quick Hooves Transportation stables ever again. Haha, I feel bad for all of you sorry suckers that are left carrying Snorlaxes like I was... yeah, have fun with that.
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 06-26-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Not bad, not bad at all. I nice look at how Pokemon can be employed, and how they think about it. I mean, I'm sure people use Girafarig as pack mules (two heads, better protection against thieves), but what about riding?

Pelipper and Wingull are used to deliver mail, as even proved in the games XP And Lapras ferry people across water. But no one says anything about land...The anime had a guy using a Tauros for a caravan, which was a good idea.

Any chance you'll be covering other hoofed beings?
Old 06-26-2011, 12:34 AM

Yep! To give you a list:

-Rapidash
-Blitzle*
-Ponyta*
-Deerling*
-Stantler
-Sawsbuck
-Girafarig*

*Keep in mind that Quick Hooves has several different offices and purposes. There is also Party Hooves, which rents out smaller, pony Pokemon such as Blitzle, Deerling, and Girafarig. Girafarig are also used for carriages and carts as well as riding. Ponyta are mostly used in circuses, but it's strictly non-abusive, or they wouldn't at all listen.

Next one should be a Rapidash, if I can think of something.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
Yep! To give you a list:

-Rapidash
-Blitzle*
-Ponyta*
-Deerling*
-Stantler
-Sawsbuck
-Girafarig*

*Keep in mind that Quick Hooves has several different offices and purposes. There is also Party Hooves, which rents out smaller, pony Pokemon such as Blitzle, Deerling, and Girafarig. Girafarig are also used for carriages and carts as well as riding. Ponyta are mostly used in circuses, but it's strictly non-abusive, or they wouldn't at all listen.

Next one should be a Rapidash, if I can think of something.
Ah. I'm surprised Tauros isn't on there, as like I said the anime used them. Hot tempered, maybe...But dang if they don't have strength to haul and maul!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Hm, I might include one. Just depends on how good of life insurance the person has. xD And Bouffalant.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Okay, now for the critique you requested... I liked very much. ^^ A story without the crazy horrible-ness a lot seem to make, with a nice happy ending.

I especially liked:

Quote:
Those who still relied on horseback were one of three things: poor, nomads, or criminals. Though, on rare occasions we came across poor criminals who were forced to be nomads. And on even rarer events, we'd find a heavyset, broke nomad that became a criminal the moment he stole a stable horse.
Lol at that. And how true it is! XD

As for typos and stuff, didn't find anything that struck me as odd or anything wrong or anything. It's just a good story!