Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Altrius Offline

Default Re: [WAR X] WAR X RP - The Circle of Life and Death [DS]

Im kinda stuck from posting cause im waiting on Moonkit/White wolf :L Wolf go post! :D
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

I think they were waiting on me, Alt ^^'

Ugh, but I should be shot for my short posts Dx I'm doing terrible in this WAR...

Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post
Im kinda stuck from posting cause im waiting on Moonkit/White wolf :L Wolf go post! :D
Actually, I was waiting for Char, didn't want to leave someone behind. Got to go now, though...
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 07-06-2011, 01:21 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Good grief, Lus. What did you cook up? ^^'
Old 07-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Good grief, Lus. What did you cook up? ^^'

I agree with Kris.

I'm about to start my own plot though >:3 Although, I'm sure Triple T will come calling if Sovereign needs her in Saffron. With practically no weapons, I think her speed would be what is needed...

She's freakin' awesome at distracting people :D

Anyone in Itum?
Old 07-06-2011, 04:03 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I'm experimenting with RP Events; consider this the first one. These will be crises that I will be sending into the RP to act as gathering points and plot advancement for our RPers. The Events will be open to anyone to deal with, and teams that successfully do so will gain the recognition and favor due to those who save the world, not to mention a good shot at winning some WAR points.

The first Event is called The Kingdom's Executioner, after the war machine it's based on. It will take place in Saffron; RPers will have to assist NPCs like the mages of Venefinia as well as the Knights of the Red Circle in order to defeat the Executioner. Note that although I plan to involve my character directly with this event as a sort of example, future Events will not necessarily be this way.

Basically, I'm just trying things out to get the RP moving. Also, k_pop, you're in a good position to start something here :P People not already in Saffron need not worry though, there should be plenty of time for anyone that wants to help to get there. Latio's little subplot was just convenient for me.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Nifty.

Lus, should I PM you my event idea? <3
Old 07-06-2011, 04:28 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I'm experimenting with RP Events; consider this the first one. These will be crises that I will be sending into the RP to act as gathering points and plot advancement for our RPers. The Events will be open to anyone to deal with, and teams that successfully do so will gain the recognition and favor due to those who save the world, not to mention a good shot at winning some WAR points.

The first Event is called The Kingdom's Executioner, after the war machine it's based on. It will take place in Saffron; RPers will have to assist NPCs like the mages of Venefinia as well as the Knights of the Red Circle in order to defeat the Executioner. Note that although I plan to involve my character directly with this event as a sort of example, future Events will not necessarily be this way.

Basically, I'm just trying things out to get the RP moving. Also, k_pop, you're in a good position to start something here :P People not already in Saffron need not worry though, there should be plenty of time for anyone that wants to help to get there. Latio's little subplot was just convenient for me.
Well, I do appreciate that you've enlightened us on this. So we're gonna get Events dropped on us like in a game? Well, you were right about shaking things up, that's for sure.

Ok, so do I just go for it as if he's a really big NPC? Or are you controlling him? And I'm assuming he's some kind of hextech from the description, right?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

As long as you don't nuke the city and kill all the NPCs there, Lus....
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

@Bron: Stopping that is the objective of the event. But if you fail to stop the Executioner at Saffron, it will move on to the next city...

@kris: Yep, it's a giant NPC, but I will be doing any of the major changes to what's going on. Feel free to work in between what I've written though

@Grassy: Feel free. Anyone in the RP should feel free to PM me any ideas at any point.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Dude are you kidding me? Just involve your character already as you're intending and make people think Armada isn't bad for the time being. Be the hero, or somebody else from Armada. Nobody else is big enough to hurt that thing. Maybe slow it down, but what, did you think we could just conjure up a "make me big so I don't get stepped on" spell?

I have kind of an idea but I'd just annoy it more than anything. -_- Plus most of us from Cullen are still busy trying to figure out how to not make an enemy out of Elemental.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 07-06-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I'm detecting the beginnings of a pattern of you giving up the moment something that isn't obviously weaker than you appears. Have you possibly considered that the entire Saffron area is located above a series of caverns and unstable ground, and that the Executioner very heavy? Or the fact that the thing is totally unable to hit anything small and fast? Or hm, the RP takes place in a world of magic, and that there are a million and one ways to use magic and manipulate the environment in ways that a stupid machine wouldn't be able to deal with? It's like you are literally unable to conceive of anything that's not "attack it directly!" If stopping the thing were meant to be easy then there'd be no point whatsoever. More than anything I'm trying to test the creativity of our RPers here.

Art Gallery
Old 07-06-2011, 05:51 PM
bronislav84 Offline

I'm not giving up and have an idea if the others fail, but it will probably all be over by the time we get WWOTS to the point where Elemental doesn't wanna kill her characters. Then I STILL need to finish my plot I wanted to do in Parasanti, and will probably get there just in time to see Saffron get turned into unusable nothingness. A smoking pile of rubble, unless the Venefinia mages can make a new cage for the metal beast. But usually it isn't a good idea to rely solely on NPCs because somebody needs to narrate them who knows exactly what they can do. It's your world Lus, we just live in it. We don't know as much about as you I'm afraid.

What I'm concerned about is that Saffron will be destroyed, all of it. All the potential treasures in it, and nobody on any team will be able to do anything there anymore. Well, so far at least it climbed out of the hole and to the surface and isn't rampaging down there, but I'm not holding my breath and that could change by the time I'm ready to set foot near there. Kami and I are trying to save WWOTS currently, without setting off Elemental who (At least according to their thread) aren't out to do evil deeds. We don't need them as an enemy, and with them already being pissed off to begin with this is really hard. No idea how long it will take.

Last edited by bronislav84; 07-06-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Calm down, Bron. If he wants to throw a giant mechanical monster at us, we'll just see how hard it can fall. ^^
Old 07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
I'm not giving up and have an idea if the others fail, but it will probably all be over by the time we get WWOTS to the point where Elemental doesn't wanna kill her characters. Then I STILL need to finish my plot I wanted to do in Parasanti, and will probably get there just in time to see Saffron get turned into unusable nothingness. A smoking pile of rubble, unless the Venefinia mages can make a new cage for the metal beast. But usually it isn't a good idea to rely solely on NPCs because somebody needs to narrate them who knows exactly what they can do. It's your world Lus, we just live in it. We don't know as much about as you I'm afraid.

What I'm concerned about is that Saffron will be destroyed, all of it. All the potential treasures in it, and nobody on any team will be able to do anything there anymore. Well, so far at least it climbed out of the hole and to the surface and isn't rampaging down there, but I'm not holding my breath and that could change by the time I'm ready to set foot near there. Kami and I are trying to save WWOTS currently, without setting off Elemental who (At least according to their thread) aren't out to do evil deeds. We don't need them as an enemy, and with them already being pissed off to begin with this is really hard. No idea how long it will take.
So, your issue here is that I'm ruining your plans? Well, from a consummate planner, dealing with a wrench in the works is as much a sign of good RPing as winning fights with other RPers. Do note that I'm not forcing you to go to Saffron. You're perfectly fine to leave it your teammates to handle. If you feel like that you can't trust them to handle it without you, then you can always make another character. You wouldn't be the first. If I'm forcing you to make a choice here, then I consider that a good thing; after all, life is full of opportunity costs, and why should RPs be any different?

Art Gallery