Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: [WAR X] WAR X RP - The Circle of Life and Death [DS]

Hey Lus, I wasn't sure if my post affected you or not seeing as Sovereign was mentioned.

It's up to you to decide if the ship (Serenity) decides to report the stunt my character pulled to him...Again. Lol. Somehow, I get the feeling Sovereign will be groaning if she does report it XD "Not again!"

Oh...And my first post in the WAR roleplay. EVER. I hope I did well (it was certainly long enough!)
Old 07-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

The "Affected" thing is really more for you guys so you don't have to crawl through every post to get the ones that affect you. I have to read everything anyways.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Aw. Well, I still thought about you Lus XD

I hope you enjoy the trouble-maker of the fleet XD
Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the rather low number of posts in the RP, there is a strong possibility that I will judge SUs instead of RP posts for this first week. So use this opportunity to tidy up those SUs!

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Hey, I just wanted to put it out there that not everyone is gonna know who the Cullen is just yet. And there's nothing to really point them out anyway.

Just saw your post Moonkit. How do you know the Pokemon standing in the open belong to Cullen members? ^^
/late

I posted seeing the people in the first post I made for a slight time, otherwise mainly ignored them until the Pokemon came out.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Kamikaze Offline

I have another question regarding time. Since there is no date/timestamp on posts in this RP, how rigid is time really?

Does it matter as long as the travel between locations is reasonable, and the time between palyers are synced?

Example, Player 1 leaves Point A at a Monday(just to make things simple). Player 2 posts at a fixed location(not telling what day), i.e. not traveling. Player 1 has been traveling for a few days, while stumbling upon Player 2 at a Thursday. Player 2 continues after his last post was made, making it claer that days hasn't passed since his last post.

The outcome is, as the two players converge, their time is synced, while Player 1's first post took place days before Player 2's first post, RP-time that is.

This has to be realistic of course, a player can't just jump around, making days pass in every post just so that he/she can travel fast, and only slowing down while near another RPer.

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean, but I basically, as long as there are no specific instructions as to what day and/or time it is, can a person join in and syncing their time with that of the other involved RPers?

The answer may be obvious to more experienced RPers, but quite frankly I have only been involved in a few RPs before, and they all had either timestamps or took place in short amounts of time, a few days at most(rp-time) before the chapter was ended or the RP died...

And as a last question, what time of the year is it currently? I can't recall seeing anything that indicates whether it is spring, summer, or if winter is rolling around within the next couple of weeks or not. I have assumed that it's at some part of the spring/summer, as nothing else have been given, and one usually mentions if there's snow up to your knees or the forest looks like a rainbow. (Exaggerated examples perhaps, but it should get the message through. I'm quite tired at the moment, as I have had a busy day.)

I'd best stop writing here, before I start writing things I won't understand myself. =P

~Kamikaze
Old 07-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the rather low number of posts in the RP, there is a strong possibility that I will judge SUs instead of RP posts for this first week. So use this opportunity to tidy up those SUs!

Oi.

I post one of my best posts ever, and now it might not even be judged?

Triple T is saaaaad :(

...Well, she would be, if she wasn't trying to paint another ship pink >.> *Yells*
Old 07-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
I have another question regarding time. Since there is no date/timestamp on posts in this RP, how rigid is time really?

Does it matter as long as the travel between locations is reasonable, and the time between palyers are synced?

Example, Player 1 leaves Point A at a Monday(just to make things simple). Player 2 posts at a fixed location(not telling what day), i.e. not traveling. Player 1 has been traveling for a few days, while stumbling upon Player 2 at a Thursday. Player 2 continues after his last post was made, making it claer that days hasn't passed since his last post.

The outcome is, as the two players converge, their time is synced, while Player 1's first post took place days before Player 2's first post, RP-time that is.

This has to be realistic of course, a player can't just jump around, making days pass in every post just so that he/she can travel fast, and only slowing down while near another RPer.

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean, but I basically, as long as there are no specific instructions as to what day and/or time it is, can a person join in and syncing their time with that of the other involved RPers?

The answer may be obvious to more experienced RPers, but quite frankly I have only been involved in a few RPs before, and they all had either timestamps or took place in short amounts of time, a few days at most(rp-time) before the chapter was ended or the RP died...

And as a last question, what time of the year is it currently? I can't recall seeing anything that indicates whether it is spring, summer, or if winter is rolling around within the next couple of weeks or not. I have assumed that it's at some part of the spring/summer, as nothing else have been given, and one usually mentions if there's snow up to your knees or the forest looks like a rainbow. (Exaggerated examples perhaps, but it should get the message through. I'm quite tired at the moment, as I have had a busy day.)

I'd best stop writing here, before I start writing things I won't understand myself. =P

~Kamikaze
Time is as fluid as necessary. As long as months are not passing within the space of a few posts. Person A could be going to sleep at night while Person B is fighting at high noon.

@Grassy: If it isn't judged this week, it will be judged next week...

Art Gallery
Old 07-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

WEEK 1 SCORES

Based on the combined SUs and Week 1 RP.

#1: k_pop -- 3 points
Well-written posts, engaging dialogue, shows consistency in quality (although RP has not been up long enough to judge this properly). Shows some signs of plot development with the airship. Good work!

#2: ChainReaction01 -- 2 points
Creative character backstory wins this WAR RP newbie second place. Your posts are of a gruff, gritty kind, something that sets his posts apart from others. Some lore confusion in your SU and a lack of clear, purposeful intent so far in the RP kept you from first place.

#3: Latio-Reol -- 1 point
Although I can't quite identify the reason, I found your character's history the most interesting to read. A lot of stuff happens. Your posts are hilariously cheesy (hope that's the intent; I assumed it was anyways) and show signs of plot development and were fun for me to read. However, occasional grammatical errors that are quite jarring in otherwise well-written posts keep you from being higher.

Honorable Mentions: Grassy and WWoTS. WWoTS, what you've written so far is of good quality but, although there's nothing explicitly wrong, it lacks a certain something, a charm or wit, to make it stand out from the other posts. Grassy, the only thing keeping you from winning points is having only one post.

As for everyone else, you're all doing fine, keep up the good work and have fun!

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 07-02-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Triple post cause I can.

Latio, unfortunately I couldn't get to telling you this earlier, but it should've taken a lot more effort to get to Ancient Saffron. You'd first have to penetrate through centuries of post-Wave Saffron construction, then you'd be in the hextech Lifemaker-era Old Saffron, then finally you could reach pre-Fall Ancient Saffron. I'm not going to make you retract your post, but you should keep this in mind in further posts. That said, I am going to throw some plot your way soon, as well as anybody else in the Saffron area.

Art Gallery
Old 07-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

WHOO! Honorable Mention ftw!

Tee hee, not bad for my first ever WAR post, huh?

Question for anyone of every team; anyone need an airship to pick them up to go somewhere? The Vail, Triple T will also take you there. I need to interact with others, but I figured instead of going somewhere and hoping someone notices, maybe I should just ask everyone else XD

It ain't cheatin'...It's roleplayin'!

Lol, if you dare to enlist her services though...Well, I hope you don't get motion sickness very easily 0o'
Old 07-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I may be needing your services soon, Grassy. Depending on how soon I can get my Saffron sub-plot rolling. So just keep that in mind.

Art Gallery
Old 07-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Oo, yay! ^^; I'll work on that. Usually once things begin to pick up, I start getting more into my posts. (x

Hm, since when did Pokemon Elemental own Parasanti forest, lol?
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 07-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I may be needing your services soon, Grassy. Depending on how soon I can get my Saffron sub-plot rolling. So just keep that in mind.
Lol, cargo services, I'm guessing? Triple T can deliver your stuff super fast...Although whether or not it's in one piece is...Well, it depends XD

Don't put Pokemon Eggs in her cargo, or you'll wind up with scrambled eggs! ...Yummy.

I'm glad she was able to cheer Sovereign up a little bit <3 Guess a crazy ship is just what he needed, huh? Although, I'm tempted to have Triple T paint a big ol' pink smiley face on Sovereign's side when he's in his avatar. Lol. I can imagine everyone else going "Ummm...You may want to tap into a camera and just...Look at yourself. Like, NOW."

...I imagine she'd be shot down for that XD
Old 07-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

@ WhiteWolf: Because I said so :P Hahahaha just kidding, it just seemed like a place condusive to our cause. (and technically, it's not Parasanti--it's Endla Forest)

Also, my apologies for not posting in a while. My internet is being dumb :P But I hope to have something up tonight ^^

(I knew I wasn't doing good with my posts... Dx )