Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

View Poll Results: Are you happy with PE2K's new re-organisation of boards?
Yes 32 47.06%
No 36 52.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
-As I said, give me the ability, I will fix it up the EXACT way it should be.
*the way you want it to be.

@Sarah: I get that, but if you're going to throw one out there an d make it stand out by giving it its own sub-thread and do the exact opposite for the others, you're favoring it, whether you meant to or not. :/ By merging the threads for all the other types of art, you're just burying them inside of each other...
Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

To me it's just not based on activity in the given section at times. I know that Sprites have always been a corner stone of PE2K. So it would be my belief that's why it kept it's own section. Due to the fact people generally get into Pe2k because of our sprite resource and because of spriting in general! xD
Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

@Sarah: I get that, but if you're going to throw one out there an d make it stand out by giving it its own sub-thread and do the exact opposite for the others, you're favoring it, whether you meant to or not. :/ By merging the threads for all the other types of art, you're just burying them inside of each other...
I get what you're saying. But we're doing it based on activity. So it's actually the PE2K members that favour sprite art, considering that board had enough activity to remain and the others didn't. It's not that the staff favour it. I hope I explained that properly. xD

Do you think there are enough active threads in the art board that some are getting buried? I mean we have threads from April on the second page. Which means we've only got a little over a page of threads altogether in the art contests, drawn art and graphics boards in the last 2 months. If activity picks up in there to the point where things are getting buried then we'd definitely consider putting sub boards back in. I promise we're really only trying to do what's best for the forum at this stage. We're not trying to favour anything or kill anything off. ^^;
Old 06-23-2011, 10:17 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

To the "give it a try and come back with CC later" thing - I've had over a year to get used to the URPG in its current state, on BMG. I still hate it. Which is why I'm trying so hard to defend it on here, because I don't think it's a good idea.

And most of the rest of the forum, I'm fine with. Just little things I don't understand like, as I said, the position of the Art Forum and Trivia/Games Forum. I think they should be put back so Trivia/Games is in the middle and Art is at the bottom, purely because I haven't heard any reason to justify it, and # of members at the moment > # of new members. The # of members at the moment would be used to Trivia/Games being in the middle.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:

NO, the way everyone who has commented wants it to be. So far, the guys who dislike it are still larger than the ones who like it, so I would propose a layout that would try to make everyone happy.

Something like this?

Spoiler:

Possibly keep the Interactive Projects thread, and make it like this:

Interactive Projects (<All the stuff in there currently)
>Creative Dex >Interactive Suggestions

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-23-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Master Zorua Offline

I think removing the Roleplay: Other is going to crowd the RP forum and make things more confusing.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I already added the Other Roleplay section into my proposal.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
We make boards based on activity, it's nothing to do with what is cared about? I'm sorry, but I think you kind of missed the point of what I was trying to say. ^^;
Graphics boards were much more active than Sprite boards. Only like...-counts- 5 or so topics were ever active in the Sprite section. In the Graphics section, however, had about 10 active. Sure, the forum has a sprites resource built in, plus a place to grab things for Pixel Overs/Drawn Pokemonz, but that can be used for Graphics, too. Sprite Banners, for instance. They are actually one of my favorite graphical arts yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
You've honestly not given the new change a chance, so you really don't have much room to talk about giving CC. Due to the fact the new changes only happened a couple of days ago. So far, you're only stating what you don't like based on how it is in it's current state and just because it seems messy. How can you base your argument on the foundation of just a couple of days?

Which is why I'm stating that you give it a longer period of time, and if you're still unhappy with the change, bring us specific concerns on what you don't like and why. Recommend idea's vs just saying giving you power so you can just make it to how you want.

I believe it would be in your own best interest to take a step back to calm down and properly evaluate the given situation. You've also taken what I've said out of context. If you had continued reading what I had said you'd clearly understand what I was getting at.

I believe that's what you missed in my post that you were quoting. Again, please do calm down and properly assess the situation before you jump to conclusions.
Some people don't need to give the changes a couple days to get them on the side of hating or liking. I have no idea how or why, but I don't need to. Sure, there are few things that I do like, such as how the Intro boards are set up, but the other things cross the line on unoriginality.

Again, some people don't need to wait, and can just decide, by looking at the boards, if they like it or not. I, for one, think its the people who look into the boards who should have the right to speak here, and half of the people talking probably have. We have recommended ideas in the start, until you declined almost each and every one.

We had until you declined all of our ideas. We said that we should have seperate boards for the art section so we don't look like Bulbagarden. You delined. We said that we sshould unsquish ASB, URPG, and POL so we don't look like Bulbagarden. You declined. The only thing I can see that you have done is put the Sigh ups for RPs with discussions.

...I do believe he looked at the thread that stated about the change, he has the right to post his dislikes and likes aboult the change as much as anyone else.

Quote:
NO, the way everyone who has commented wants it to be. So far, the guys who dislike it are still larger than the ones who like it, so I would propose a layout that would try to make everyone happy.

Something like this?

Spoiler:

Oh my god this is exactly what I had in my head.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:37 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:

Something like this?

Spoiler:

So you want to dump the ASB, URPG, and POL all together? xD Dude, just give it up... Sure, I'll miss the way things used to be, but saying, "I hate what you did, do it my way" when you have no right is like giving the middle finger to the Mods. And I'm sure everyone who commented wants it set-up a different way! Whether by having one section closer to the top or whatever. I mean, if I could arrange PE2K, I'd do it differently than you did :/ So saying that you speak for everybody when you propose a design-skeleton is crap. xD

EDIT:
If the Art section is either returned to something like it used to be (everything having its own sub-thread) or given prefixes, and the RPGs are separated, then I'll like it a whole lot more and I'll probably stop complaining. :P So yeah. Those are my only real issues with the new layout thus far.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 06-23-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonKit View Post
Graphics boards were much more active than Sprite boards. Only like...-counts- 5 or so topics were ever active in the Sprite section. In the Graphics section, however, had about 10 active.
You're kidding, right?

I think by 'activity' we're referring to the number of posts over a period of time, not the number of threads. Thread number is irrelevant.

In fact, since the re-organisation, only 5 threads have had new posts (excluding the Rules and Guidelines section) in the Art Boards section, whereas the Sprite Section has had posts in 7 threads since the merge. And I do not doubt for a second that the Sprite Section has had less posts than the other Art Section since the re-organisation, either.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
EDIT:
If the Art section is either returned to something like it used to be (everything having its own sub-thread) or given prefixes, and the RPGs are separated, then I'll like it a whole lot more and I'll probably stop complaining. :P So yeah. Those are my only real issues with the new layout thus far.
This, although I'm not really fussed about the Art boards.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
This, although I'm not really fussed about the Art boards.
But this is kinda the problem. Some people are fussed about some things, and others about other things. Some people aren't going to be completely happy unless it reverts back to normal. :/
Old 06-23-2011, 05:10 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
But this is kinda the problem. Some people are fussed about some things, and others about other things. Some people aren't going to be completely happy unless it reverts back to normal. :/
I'm not saying turn it back to normal (though I would like that ♥), I'm saying make a slight change to make the Art thread more navigate-able. :/ The RPGs shouldn't have been merged in the first place, so those HAVE to separate for me to be happy. XD
Old 06-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
I'm not saying turn it back to normal (though I would like that ♥), I'm saying make a slight change to make the Art thread more navigate-able. :/ The RPGs shouldn't have been merged in the first place, so those HAVE to separate for me to be happy. XD
Individually you're not saying it should revert to normal, but some of you want the Art boards back to normal and some of you want the RPGs back to normal; if we have both it's going to look pretty much the same as it used to, and there's not be much point in that. I looked at the board just now, and if you think about it, it doesn't look much different to what it used to be. The only problem with the RPGs is that they're together; purely by clicking one of them you see all of the necessary sub-boards right there. There is no problem, I just think some of you are being picky. :/ Same for the Art Sections. I find everything perfectly navigable and not cluttered at all.

Last edited by Etymology; 06-23-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:

Something like this?

Spoiler:

Basically all this guy is saying anymore is that he wants the [Other] boards separated again.

Do me a favor and click here. This is Fan Fiction. They seem to be getting by just fine with it, and they're even messier than we are by including opinions, guides, and random stupid stuff having to do with a book/movie/game/etc all together in one board. Yes, I realize it's not a Pokemon site, but let's look at another one.

Ah, Serebii. They don't seem to have issues with their RPGs meshed together. In fact, they get by juuuust fine. That's what we'll look like once we get active again. Wanna know how to keep up with anything?

This nifty little feature right here.

Now do us all a favor and put the past behind you. You obviously don't realize what the mods are trying to do, and all you care about is pleasing yourself instead of looking at the big picture. Trust me when I say this, just calm down, take a step back, and look at everything again. You WILL have a different opinion once you do.

I mean heck, I started liking the new layout once I calmed down and looked at the bigger picture. It's not even THAT bad as you're making it out to be. My only complaint anymore is now getting remedied, and that was distinguishing threads in the art boards by giving them prefixes.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |