Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


View Poll Results: Are you happy with PE2K's new re-organisation of boards?
Yes 32 47.06%
No 36 52.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Honestly, people. What's done is done. I'm not happy with every single change made, but just wait for a while and see how it works out. If there are still qualms after a couple of weeks, slight changes can be made based on feedback. But you have to realise the majority of what was done was because there was not enough activity in those boards. I see no use in housing boards that have only a few people posting. Sure, it makes it easier to navigate, but it's lacking in activity. Why bother having it there at all? I actually think most of the changes were very well done.

If you can't find something, bookmark it. If you're not happy with something, don't go yelling about it like a child but sort it out like adults. We are meant to represent a happy forum, after all. What kind of impression does fighting leave on others, mm?
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I wonder if anybody else realizes that the reason that this is going to kill activity isn't because the forum now looks disorganized (not saying it looks organized, but) but rather because we're all getting ridiculously mad at each other over something that hasn't even been around for two weeks. :/
I've noticed this for awhile, you just beat me to commenting on it so you isn't alone. *dropkicks internet*

Seriously people, fighting like this and seeing nothing but red...this is meant to be a discussion not an indirect flamming board. :/

I'm not all for the changes either but if everyone has a bad attitude, keeps typing in such negative tones and directing such hostile vibes towards each other, this forum is gonna be dead in a few months! Chill people. Yes the changes don't make it feel as much PE2K as it did before but come on...we're all civil people here, let's not turn this into something like the Vancouver riots after the Stanley Cup game. :/

What people may not realize is that these changes aren't going to be permanent, changes will probably be made again once activity goes back to the good ol' days. Being more active and posting more content in the forums, bring people in and keeping them here, good things will happen.

There's a line between debating and fighting and this has gone to fighting. Come on guys. Everyone here is a human being and some people are still trying to make compromises to keep everyone from raging.
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-23-2011, 03:56 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

I'd just like to point out that people who are mainly resistant to the changes are saying that it's going to kill the forum, because they're simply use to the lay out. Where as anybody who joined Pe2k the day after the changes were made wouldn't know the difference and would
just contribute to the forum as any normal person would.

Yes, we may lose a few members here and there over the change, but we could possibly attract more and keep them due to the simplicity that is now at hand. I know that stuck threads would need to be adjusted to accommodate the changes we've made. So that may take a little more time.

Yet, we can't get to that step if you're all so resistant and strong headed about how you preferred the older look vs how things are now. It's best if you all just take a step back and properly collect yourselves before you continue on posting here. For those of you who are extremely dissatisfied with the changes, Please give it a week and then come back to us about changes you feel should be made. What things can be done to help better organize the merger of boards.

Be it new idea's, adjustments to sticky threads, or even some form of other constructive criticism. Things are open for feed back, yet you honestly can't give true feedback until you've really given the changes their fair shot.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Guess who's back? Temporarily.

Heard some drama about me... and the forum being reorganized. I'm furious. I'm frustrated. I hate it. I think the forum has lost its individuality, what really made it different.

However, as much as I want to leave it now (oh trust me, I've contemplated it), I am also mature enough to say that I also want to stay. I do miss it. During my absence, I even checked up every once in a while, somehow missing the fact that the forum was reorganized. I've seen the charts. The goal or even the idea to make our forum like the others, easier to navigate, whatever be your answer, is pointless. We'll never be as "good" as Serebii. Ever. Everyone knows Serebii, even people I know who aren't into Pokemon. Same goes for Bulbagarden and Smogon. However, can we just enjoy what we have? I don't know the full extent of the change, because I'm not into URPG, ASB or any of that. But I am into the Interactive boards... and I'm not even really going to comment there. I refuse to debate over this, so please don't offer a witty retort.

I will leave a few words of wisdom; though we may adjust to the new format of the forum, I would not recommend anything like this ever be done again. Well, this is a pretty dramatic change, but still. You know how this has affected the members. While many may be against change, it doesn't mean you just ignore that and say, "They'll just get used to it." My humblest regards to the staff of PE2K, but that's just pure ignorance. I may be losing your respect by saying that, but that is what I truly think. When I officially return (which may be really soon, but I have to tie a few loose ends here first), I will look forward to returning to my position to better the forum and the main site. I have some new ideas, and I'm ready to come back from the shadows.

~Professor Geoffrey
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 06-23-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

It's not the idea of just get use to it because that's how it's going to be from now on. It's the fact that we're asking people give it a chance and come back with constructive criticism in order to make things better than they are now. To say we're telling people just to get use to it is a rather bold statement and is understandable

We're just wanting people to give it a honest shot and come back with comments on how things could work better and more smoothly. If they're not capable of giving it a try then how are they able to comment on the topic at hand? It's really only been a couple of days since the change. So it's hard to filter out the actual needs that should be addressed due to the fact it's just mainly people resisting the change because they were use to how things were.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Kaioo's Avatar
Kaioo Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ^.^
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

The originality of Pe2k is what attracted me to the site. Now, it just feels like any other site, and its uniqueness is gone in my view.

If somebody doesn't like something, you don't usually go "oh give it time you'll like it."... to use a rather "strange" example, you don't sit somebody who despises Justin Bieber's music in a room, and force them to listen to Justin Bieber for a week and expect them to like his music after that week is up...

Quote:
it's just mainly people resisting the change because they were use to how things were.
I don't mind change, as long as I still have the original feeling I had upon first impressions of said site. If it still holds its qualities that's what matters. I feel as if this change isn't retaining said qualities, and is just like an unpopular kid trying to fit in with the popular kids(bad example but meh). Basically, I view this change as attempting to/making Pe2k like the other sites, when what probably attracted most of the members was how different Pe2k was.
__________________
[paired with DarkAmethyst a.k.a angel-chan] URPG stats Ranger Log

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.

Last edited by Kaioo; 06-23-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

It's not asking people to like it, it's asking people to give it a honest try at adjusting to it, and that if there are things you don't like in specific, bring them to the staffs attention and we'll work something out to make it better for you the members.

Compromise is the key word, and that's not something that is capable of being reached until the new change is at least given a fair chance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 AM
SLC's Avatar
SLC Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: loooooooooooooooooooool
Posts: 832
Send a message via AIM to SLC
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Guys, seriously. It isn't that bad AT ALL. You're unhappy the forum games have been merged? It takes one click to bring it what it used to be. The art merge? Most threads have 'Gallery' or 'Shop' in their name anyway, so it's not too hard. I could tell whether any thread in the section was for drawn or graphic art, and I never even visit that section.

Everyone's just nitpicking over this new forum. It's not that bad, and is refreshing after my (almost) four years of use. It's not like you didn't know it was happening - before the forum actually changed almost everyone liked it, so it's not like you weren't expecting it. Yes, the consensus was that the forum games shouldn't be merged together. However, with the (hopefully) new forum game Chris is bringing in at some point soon, 4 games will be way too much for each to remain separate.

So calm down guys, it's just a Pokémon Forum. If you want to leave, leave. Just don't complain over something that probably won't change.
__________________


AIM: Politoed Prince


Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Lol, only just noticed a second thread on this topic, so I'll post something here too. My biggest pain, at the moment, would be that the poll has no "kinda" option. xD

Really, there isn't that much wrong with the change, but a lot of people are automatically hating on it because it's such a big change, which there hasn't been anything like in a few years. Yesh, I didn't like it overally much initially, but once the shock, for want of a better word, had passed on, I've come to see the forum does actually look a little neater from the outside, but it's still neat on the inside.

And, sticking up for the GMods here now. Guys. Really. Put yourself in one of the GMods shoes. They've put a lot of time, effort, and consideration into such a massive change, which is only trying to better the forum, and when they ask for opinions, what do they receive? "Oooh, the mods don't care for us", "It's stupid and messy", "THINGS HAVE CHANGED OMG I HATE IT RAGE". I can imagine that this whole thing would be hugely trying for the mods, both with all the planning, then such a blunt response from the majority of the populace here. Like seriously, reading through all of both threads earlier, I noticed so much outright flaming, and I read some people just lieing to try to show the mods how wrong they are.

Just calm down people. The change isn't that bad. Just a large amount of over reacting over such a large change. Calm down, and talk about the changes responsibly, without outright flaming. No one probably cares about my opinion, but reading through the threads, the amount of flame was kinda appalling.

__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-23-2011, 06:13 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
Lol, only just noticed a second thread on this topic, so I'll post something here too. My biggest pain, at the moment, would be that the poll has no "kinda" option. xD

Really, there isn't that much wrong with the change, but a lot of people are automatically hating on it because it's such a big change, which there hasn't been anything like in a few years. Yesh, I didn't like it overally much initially, but once the shock, for want of a better word, had passed on, I've come to see the forum does actually look a little neater from the outside, but it's still neat on the inside.

And, sticking up for the GMods here now. Guys. Really. Put yourself in one of the GMods shoes. They've put a lot of time, effort, and consideration into such a massive change, which is only trying to better the forum, and when they ask for opinions, what do they receive? "Oooh, the mods don't care for us", "It's stupid and messy", "THINGS HAVE CHANGED OMG I HATE IT RAGE". I can imagine that this whole thing would be hugely trying for the mods, both with all the planning, then such a blunt response from the majority of the populace here. Like seriously, reading through all of both threads earlier, I noticed so much outright flaming, and I read some people just lieing to try to show the mods how wrong they are.

Just calm down people. The change isn't that bad. Just a large amount of over reacting over such a large change. Calm down, and talk about the changes responsibly, without outright flaming. No one probably cares about my opinion, but reading through the threads, the amount of flame was kinda appalling.

I completely agree with you there. I originally voted "no" because I was still in shock and didn't want to see the positive changes. But once I calmed down, looked around, and had to hear what the mods had to say about the changes, they made more sense. If I could, I would change my vote now to "yes". It seems like it's mostly overreacting, but I cannot speak for everyone.

But I strongly agree with putting yourselves in the mods shoes. How would you feel if you were pretty much yelled at for changes that were made to make the forum better? All they're asking if for us to give it a try for a little while, about two weeks, and then if there are still some major problems that are bothering us to talk to them about it. However, it seems like most of what people were upset about has been dealt with, except for the separation of the URPG, ASBL, and POL. I don't see why that's such a problem now. You just click on one of the boards, and it's the exact same as it was when it was it's own board. So how about we stop this useless arguing and just see what happens? No harm in that, right?
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioo View Post
The originality of Pe2k is what attracted me to the site. Now, it just feels like any other site, and its uniqueness is gone in my view.

I don't mind change, as long as I still have the original feeling I had upon first impressions of said site. If it still holds its qualities that's what matters. I feel as if this change isn't retaining said qualities, and is just like an unpopular kid trying to fit in with the popular kids(bad example but meh). Basically, I view this change as attempting to/making Pe2k like the other sites, when what probably attracted most of the members was how different Pe2k was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Geoffrey View Post
Guess who's back? Temporarily.

Heard some drama about me... and the forum being reorganized. I'm furious. I'm frustrated. I hate it. I think the forum has lost its individuality, what really made it different.

~Professor Geoffrey
I think that proves what I predicted earlier here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
I don't think people complaining about the merging of Pokemon to non-Pokemon and removing the separation is without some merit, nor do I think it was a stupid thing to do Pokemon separated from non-Pokemon forums in the first place.

When I first joined years back, having the Pokemon and the Other section really stood out. It said that this really was a Pokemon forum and it wasn't one like the others I had come across. The main focus was about Pokemon, which is the reason anyone would join, then you had the Other sections to find what else you had in common with the other members, make friends and eventually feel more comfortable in the community. The forum, to me as I can't speak for anyone else, really held up the site's name of 'Pokemon Elite'. It felt like an elite forum to me and felt different from other forums.

Now with the older members such as myself, with the changes I feel like the condensed version of the forum isn't as crisp, and doesn't have the feel that made PE2K what it was. To me it feels like some of the other forums I've looked at. Of course with the slow and steady loss of some old long time members it started to lose a bit of the feel there as well.


It still doesn't feel like the same PE2K, but I'm just hoping that again, everyone will understand that with more activity all over the forum, changes can be made to have the forum slowly turn back into something that was. I'm not fond of these new changes but things have to happen for a reason. Maybe in a month or two activity will boost and then more content will be posted to have more things organized again.
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
It's not the idea of just get use to it because that's how it's going to be from now on. It's the fact that we're asking people give it a chance and come back with constructive criticism in order to make things better than they are now. To say we're telling people just to get use to it is a rather bold statement and is understandable

We're just wanting people to give it a honest shot and come back with comments on how things could work better and more smoothly. If they're not capable of giving it a try then how are they able to comment on the topic at hand? It's really only been a couple of days since the change. So it's hard to filter out the actual needs that should be addressed due to the fact it's just mainly people resisting the change because they were use to how things were.
-Read the comments, there has been plenty of CC.

-You are a dictator, so stop it. "This is the way it's just going to be." NO, IT WILL NOT, you fixed this forum for the MEMBERS, NOT JUST FOR YOU.

-As I said, give me the ability, I will fix it up the EXACT way it should be.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:17 AM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I do admit that there is an initial problem where people have two shops merging into one in the initial onset of this. However, as people figure out that they only need to make 1 shop for everything, well there you go. Until then, this will be a little bit messy. The point of the merge was to simplify the shop process as well, as artists no longer have to randomly create distinctions between different forms of art that often people argue about. The point is not to have a thread for [drawn art] and one for [graphics art], but to have those merge together, hence avoiding confusion.
lolwat?

Having one shop for everything is a stupid idea! xD That's like if I make one thread for my URPG, ASB, and POL stats! It's just too much in one place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
The reason why spriting is privileged is because that's what we're known for. This is exactly the same reason why we have pokemon forums and other forums.
I think Sarah said (somewhere) that the reason Spriting was given its own sub-forum was because it was the only place active enough to 'deserve', for lack of a better term, its own section, which pisses me off--it's like saying that all the other types of Art aren't as welcome or as cared about. :/
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
lolwat?

Having one shop for everything is a stupid idea! xD That's like if I make one thread for my URPG, ASB, and POL stats! It's just too much in one place.
I think Sarah said (somewhere) that the reason Spriting was given its own sub-forum was because it was the only place active enough to 'deserve', for lack of a better term, its own section, which pisses me off--it's like saying that all the other types of Art aren't as welcome or as cared about. :/
We make boards based on activity, it's nothing to do with what is cared about? I'm sorry, but I think you kind of missed the point of what I was trying to say. ^^;
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
-Read the comments, there has been plenty of CC.

-You are a dictator, so stop it. "This is the way it's just going to be." NO, IT WILL NOT, you fixed this forum for the MEMBERS, NOT JUST FOR YOU.

-As I said, give me the ability, I will fix it up the EXACT way it should be.
You've honestly not given the new change a chance, so you really don't have much room to talk about giving CC. Due to the fact the new changes only happened a couple of days ago. So far, you're only stating what you don't like based on how it is in it's current state and just because it seems messy. How can you base your argument on the foundation of just a couple of days.

Which is why I'm stating that you give it a longer period of time, and if you're still unhappy with the change, bring us specific concerns on what you don't like and why. Recommend idea's vs just saying giving you power so you can just make it to how you want.

I believe it would be in your own best interest to take a step back to calm down and properly evaluate the given situation. You've also taken what I've said out of context. If you had continued reading what I had said you'd clearly understand what I was getting at.

Quote:
It's not the idea of just get use to it because that's how it's going to be from now on. It's the fact that we're asking people give it a chance and come back with constructive criticism in order to make things better than they are now. To say we're telling people just to get use to it is a rather bold statement and is understandable
I believe that's what you missed in my post that you were quoting. Again, please do calm down and properly assess the situation before you jump to conclusions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com