Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Intro Boards PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

View Poll Results: Are you happy with PE2K's new re-organisation of boards?
Yes 32 47.06%
No 36 52.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2011, 06:02 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
The only thing we can do is minimize the damage when we are making such necessary changes.
This has been creeping up in most of the mods' posts - I'd just like to ask, what is so necessary about the changes? It's not like members are suddenly going to come flooding in - I'll actually be damned if it makes the slightest difference.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatini Jejunator View Post
To be honest Moonkit, I fail to see how the board is cluttered and messy at all. Everything seems to have its place, and although it took a day or two, I'm actually fairly happy with the forum change now.
Seriously? There is no longer a separate sub-forums for Graphic Art, Fan-art, etc I'm VERY lost. And I don't see why Spriting is privileged enough to get its own sub-forum... :/ I want to request an image for the WAR X Spriting thread (since I'm the judge) and I can't find a decent shop anywhere. :S I mean, if the Mods want to merge all the Art together, then at least add some prefixes like, "[Fan art, Gallery]" or something. :L
Old 06-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
It's a little odd to have the PE2K front page be so short, but for the most part I'm okay with the changes. My only problem is that everything is clumped into the 'Creative Writing' category; there could easily be more sub-forums for lyrics/poetry, essays, editorials, etc., with the main category being fanfiction, and the name changed back to 'Fanfiction and Writing'. Just because I've always thought of fanfiction as the main focus of that board, and seeing it all clumped together kind of unnerves me. XD;
Creative writing has a grand total of 3 people posting on it in the last like 3 months: focal, Prof G, and I. When a forum got something like 5 posts in 3 months, it's time for it to go. We decided that it's best to merge it with fan fic as it fan fic is a form of creative writing in case that there may be a resurgence of such things. Of course, if there is a large enough base for non-fan fiction creative writing to warrant separation, we will do that. However, evidence has been contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
This has been creeping up in most of the mods' posts - I'd just like to ask, what is so necessary about the changes? It's not like members are suddenly going to come flooding in - I'll actually be damned if it makes the slightest difference.
Again, the point of this is to remove parts of the forum that aren't used and to remove random bureaucracies and red tape that existed beforehand. The issue of clutter is a matter of people not getting used to the new system rather than actual clutter, hence why we're not taking any action as of yet for something like this. That is, we're applying Occam's razor to the forum. Whether or not this helps with activity is, to me, irrelevant.

And yes, I posted the reason before already, you just didn't read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
Seriously? There is no longer a separate sub-forums for Graphic Art, Fan-art, etc I'm VERY lost. And I don't see why Spriting is privileged enough to get its own sub-forum... :/ I want to request an image for the WAR X Spriting thread (since I'm the judge) and I can't find a decent shop anywhere. :S I mean, if the Mods want to merge all the Art together, then at least add some prefixes like, "[Fan art, Gallery]" or something. :L
I do admit that there is an initial problem where people have two shops merging into one in the initial onset of this. However, as people figure out that they only need to make 1 shop for everything, well there you go. Until then, this will be a little bit messy. The point of the merge was to simplify the shop process as well, as artists no longer have to randomly create distinctions between different forms of art that often people argue about. The point is not to have a thread for [drawn art] and one for [graphics art], but to have those merge together, hence avoiding confusion.

Edit: Hoshika pointed out something that I didn't think of, but it is also possible for artists to produce hybrid art (taking a little bit from everything) and still know where to put their stuff.

The reason why spriting is privileged is because that's what we're known for. This is exactly the same reason why we have pokemon forums and other forums.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 06-22-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Pe2k is turning into Bulbagarden just like a Target that I live by has turned into Albertsons. IT IS REDICAPUSS I TELL YOU! REDICAPUSS!

EDIT: Just noticed the Fan fiction thing, I can hardly find my favorite story.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Creative writing has a grand total of 3 people posting on it in the last like 3 months: focal, Prof G, and I. When a forum got something like 5 posts in 3 months, it's time for it to go. We decided that it's best to merge it with fan fic as it fan fic is a form of creative writing in case that there may be a resurgence of such things. Of course, if there is a large enough base for non-fan fiction creative writing to warrant separation, we will do that. However, evidence has been contrary.
You are full of crap. GS, Scyther, me, and several others have posted in it as well. AND HOW MUCH SENSE does it freaking make to WAIT UNTIL activity picks up when:

A) It won't because nobody likes disorganization to begin with.

B) To wait until there are so many posts that it is hard to tell where everything goes!?

You are essentially taking a crap on it because activity is low for THIS period? Well, activity is low throughout the entire forum, so you might as well take a shiz on the entire forum as well. Go ahead, I have plenty of two-ply.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-22-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
You are full of crap. GS, Scyther, me, and several others have posted in it as well. AND HOW MUCH SENSE does it freaking make to WAIT UNTIL activity picks up when:

B) To wait until there are so many posts that it is hard to tell where everything goes!?

You are essentially taking a crap on it because activity is low for THIS period? Well, activity is low throughout the entire forum, so you might as well take a shiz on the entire forum as well. Go ahead, I have plenty of two-ply.
The mixed creative writing section, not the other fic section. I'm aware of the other fic section being more populated than creative writing, with users such as Aggron and what not there, but when you count the activity of that, it's still not that much in the grand scheme of things either. We'll definitely monitor and see if there is a need for changes in the area, as we have done when it came to the RP section. However, you are getting an infraction for ad hominem.

I'd like to add that one of the prominent writers (Charmander009) is at least neutral to the changes to the creative writing changes, so we may have to check for whether or not this is an issue of a vocal minority (which is often the case) or something that we absolutely have to make an action on prior to stabilization.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 06-22-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
The mixed creative writing section, not the other fic section. I'm aware of the other fic section being more populated than creative writing, with users such as Aggron and what not there, but when you count the activity of that, it's still not that much in the grand scheme of things either. We'll definitely monitor and see if there is a need for changes in the area, as we have done when it came to the RP section. However, you are getting an infraction for ad hominem.

I'd like to add that one of the prominent writers (Charmander009) is at least neutral to the changes to the creative writing changes, so we may have to check for whether or not this is an issue of a vocal minority (which is often the case) or something that we absolutely have to make an action on prior to stabilization.
I regret nothing I said, because it is all true, no matter how harsh it is.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
I regret nothing I said, because it is all true, no matter how harsh it is.
And I take criticism just as much. I'm the face of the administration. I'm either irrelevant or the guy everybody puts the blame on. That's fine. However, There's a difference between attacking one's ideas versus attacking a person. I simply called it as I saw it. If you take care to attack my ideas, that's fine, but don't expect to pull a Glenn Beck on me and get away with it.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
And I take criticism just as much. I'm the face of the administration. I'm either irrelevant or the guy everybody puts the blame on. That's fine. However, There's a difference between attacking one's ideas versus attacking a person. I simply called it as I saw it. If you take care to attack my ideas, that's fine, but don't expect to pull a Glenn Beck on me and get away with it.
If I attacked you, as a person, you'd know it right away. You just took it way to personally. However, I do have a short fuse with you, and have for a while (mainly for letting Masami stay after he was clearly banned).

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-22-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:

Woah man, how do you know that? Are you from the future or something? Are you just that AWESOME at predicting stuff like this?

I doubt it.

If you can't keep up with something, then simply
BOOKMARK IT. It's not that hard to do! Are you so stupid that you don't know how to work your browser beyond typing in a url and hitting enter?

What part of
THEY'RE NOT GOING BACK TO THE OLD LAYOUT do you not understand? Is it SO HARD to try to compromise with the new layout and figure out a way to enjoy it WITHOUT having to revert to the old one?

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
Woah man, how do you know that? Are you from the future or something? Are you just that AWESOME at predicting stuff like this?

I doubt it.

If you can't keep up with something, then simply
BOOKMARK IT. It's not that hard to do! Are you so stupid that you don't know how to work your browser beyond typing in a url and hitting enter?

What part of
THEY'RE NOT GOING BACK TO THE OLD LAYOUT do you not understand? Is it SO HARD to try to compromise with the new layout and figure out a way to enjoy it WITHOUT having to revert to the old one?
Sorry, Jessu, but you are getting me past my anger line, along with the mods and the one with the green name who made the forum look like a pice of dog ****.

I completely agree with Voices, for once.

Not going to listen to us? No offence, but you mods/admin things are quite freaking self-centored, more than half of the people I know, and they NEVER ask anyone if they're OK, or anything.

I'd post my complete feelings on this, but I'd be banned.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I wonder if anybody else realizes that the reason that this is going to kill activity isn't because the forum now looks disorganized (not saying it looks organized, but) but rather because we're all getting ridiculously mad at each other over something that hasn't even been around for two weeks. :/

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 06-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I wonder if anybody else realizes that the reason that this is going to kill activity isn't because the forum now looks disorganized (not saying it looks organized, but) but rather because we're all getting ridiculously mad at each other over something that hasn't even been around for two weeks. :/
You mean by people leaving?
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I was actually just thinking that. =_=; I kinda feel bad for getting involved with it, but yeah.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 06-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
You mean by people leaving?
Partly that; partly people probably wouldn't want to come to a forum where the first thing they see is fighting. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
I was actually just thinking that. =_=; I kinda feel bad for getting involved with it, but yeah.
Well, frankly, it's not just you that escalated it. I feel like a total snob posting this as I haven't posted since the first post and I can't claim to have been part of the frustration, but.
I really wish that the angry people had just waited for some adjustment rather than running around blowing up within the first five minutes. Yeah, it was a shock, and I'll admit I was none too pleased, but honestly by this point it doesn't bother me. I also wish people had slightly more open minds.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D