Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


View Poll Results: Are you happy with PE2K's new re-organisation of boards?
Yes 32 47.06%
No 36 52.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

What happened to the polls and separate games sections?
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonKit View Post
And now, half of the members hate our change in layout. Proffesor G. even left because of it, I hear.

My point is, it has only done bad; it has caused people to leave, for people to want to kill babies (I'm pointing at you, Jenn), and for people to want to leave, but simply can't. I think we should wait, make a poll to see if the members want it changed (Put an example of how it will look possibly) or not, and then majority rules from there.
Sorry but I think you're kinda over-reacting just a little. ^^; The changes have only been in place for one day. You need to give it some time to sink in. If you have specific concerns then you're welcome to post them, but you haven't really specified what exactly is so horrible. If you don't post what exactly you dislike then how is anything going to change? Posts like this just seem like outright complaining which is very frustrating for the staff who are trying to listen to legitimate concerns and get member input. I haven't seen anyone leave because of the changes. I haven't seen half the members post they hate it. I understand change is hard to accept, but you have to understand that this is a necessary change to keep PE2K alive.

Half the people saying "I don't like it" haven't even said what they don't like about it, which just tells me they don't like the fact the forum changed and have trouble dealing with it rather than there is something actually wrong with the new organisation.

As I've said before (and this goes for everyone), if you have some constructive suggestions then we'd love to hear them, but just saying everyone hates it so we should change it back really isn't helping. If you haven't noticed, the staff has been trying really hard to listen to everyone's concerns, but we're not going to change everything back after one day when no one has had a chance to even see how the new organisation works and its pros and cons compared to the old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgmental Arceus View Post
What happened to the polls and separate games sections?
Polls can now be posted all over the forum. So if you want to make a poll you should post it in the section which it relates to. Which makes a lot more sense than just having a poll board anyway. The separate game sections were not getting enough posts to keep them that way.

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 06-22-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:06 AM
3m0d0ll's Avatar
3m0d0ll Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: t(//_^ t)
Posts: 3,884
Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I haven't seen half the members post they hate it.
I hate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Half the people saying "I don't like it" haven't even said what they don't like about it, which just tells me they don't like the fact the forum changed and have trouble dealing with it rather than there is something actually wrong with the new organisation.

As I've said before (and this goes for everyone), if you have some constructive suggestions then we'd love to hear them, but just saying everyone hates it so we should change it back really isn't helping. If you haven't noticed, the staff has been trying really hard to listen to everyone's concerns, but we're not going to change everything back after one day when no one has had a chance to even see how the new organisation works and its pros and cons compared to the old one.
I think that the people who say they dislike the new layout refrain from stating why because the big reasons why most of the people posting don't like it have already been said numerous times (i.e. Lack of TCG thread, merged RPGs, etc). I think that people just don't want to frustrate the Staff by repeating what many others have already said. It's like if you get question #5 wrong on a test and everyone in your class comes up to you and says, "Question number five is wrong." It gets annoying after a while. And, as a novice artist, I get that people saying "What you did there sucks," without saying exactly what they think sucks about it is really frustrating because you can't improve that way. So those are my thoughts. c:

The only (huge) thing I dislike about the redesign is that the RPGs were merged. Now, you can't see all the threads in the ASB from the index page.
__________________
I need a new sig, uhg.
██ ->>> Links. Twin: Justin. Pair: Corey. ||・
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Kaioo's Avatar
Kaioo Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ^.^
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

On a brief look over the "complaints" over the reorganisation, all the ones I saw said they don't like the fact TCG is gone, the RPGs have been merged or the rp board had been merged and cluttered up.

So they have been saying what they don't like about the new changes.
__________________
[paired with DarkAmethyst a.k.a angel-chan] URPG stats Ranger Log

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 AM
-Pichu Boy-'s Avatar
-Pichu Boy- Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The land of tea and fish 'n' chips
Posts: 3,959
Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Half the members hated our change to vB back in 2004. What's your point?
And where are they now? Yeah, there are quite a few vets, but you're gonna be hard pushed to try and say "everyone hated the VB change, but now they all love it", when a lot of them are gone, and you have to wonder what pushed them away.
__________________
URPG | ASB
MK + Trainer17 = Evil twins | MK + Leo = BFFs
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
And where are they now? Yeah, there are quite a few vets, but you're gonna be hard pushed to try and say "everyone hated the VB change, but now they all love it", when a lot of them are gone, and you have to wonder what pushed them away.
You're arguing for the sake of arguing. We don't really know why a lot of the older members left. It could be for a number of reason, a couple being that they simply grew out of Pokemon. Their life started kicking into gear and haven't really kept up with the franchise or they just simply didn't like it anymore.

You can't base the foundation of why they left on the sole reason of the forum change. Which only leaves me to believe you're honestly just instigating the situation because you're unhappy about it.

I know a lot of people are unhappy with the current changes, but give it a couple weeks and see how it goes. If you're still unhappy about it. Give us specific reasons and examples of what you don't like so much.

So if you really have nothing constructive to post here in regards to the forum change, then please stop posting. Just see how the changes go for you then we can take it from there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:22 AM
-Pichu Boy-'s Avatar
-Pichu Boy- Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The land of tea and fish 'n' chips
Posts: 3,959
Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
You're arguing for the sake of arguing. We don't really know why a lot of the older members left. It could be for a number of reason, a couple being that they simply grew out of Pokemon. Their life started kicking into gear and haven't really kept up with the franchise or they just simply didn't like it anymore.

You can't base the foundation of why they left on the sole reason of the forum change. Which only leaves me to believe you're honestly just instigating the situation because you're unhappy about it.

I know a lot of people are unhappy with the current changes, but give it a couple weeks and see how it goes. If you're still unhappy about it. Give us specific reasons and examples of what you don't like so much.

So if you really have nothing constructive to post here in regards to the forum change, then please stop posting. Just see how the changes go for you then we can take it from there.
Actually, I wasn't saying everyone left because of the VB change. I was saying you can't assume that no-one left because of that. Which is the same for this - the mods can't say no-one's left because of it, because, as you said, if they haven't announced their reason for leaving, then you can't rule out anything. But then, the double-edged sword strikes, and we as members can't say they have left because of it (although, in Professor G's case, it seems like they actually told people they were leaving).

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm just going all-out rage on this. My main problem is that the mods posted for feedback, we gave them feedback, then it seems like they've just gone "Well, whatever, we'll just let you get used to it". I've posted my qualms, but the only thing that the mods seem to be giving back is "Just wait a bit", which just irritates me.

I'm trying to be as toned down as I can, but I do get carried away when I feel strongly about something. I really do apologise if I'm coming across as arrogant, or arguing for the sake of arguing.
__________________
URPG | ASB
MK + Trainer17 = Evil twins | MK + Leo = BFFs
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Well you can't honestly say you hate something with out at least giving it a fair shot. Which is why I recommend you see how things go for a week or two, then posting your specific concerns on why you don't like it.

As of right now, it's only speculation of why it's a horrible idea. Thinking things will go over looked. As we all know, if some one is active in a certain aspect of the forum, they'll be sure to check there every day. Which is honestly the only real given in this situation. Your concerns are understandable and are valued. Though, with out actually giving the changes their fair shot, you're only hurting the area in question if you're not wanting to be active just because they were changed.

If a member has expressed to others that they left due to the changes, then it's really their own loss. Due to the fact they aren't willing to give the change a try. Also, I've noticed the member in question hasn't really been active in the past month. So for him to give that as a reason, can be an excuse just to quit the forum due to the lack of activity that's been going on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Lusankya's Avatar
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

My only gripe was fixed. Hopefully the Other RPs and fanfics will get more attention now, which I think was the intent. As for the other changes, I don't know too much about the other sections anyways so I can't comment.
__________________

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
MoonKit's Avatar
MoonKit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington.
Posts: 2,593
Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

I believe I remember saying that just looking at the Interactive boards gives me a headache, which I hate (Most people hate headaches), something about the Role-play SU things, but that is cleared as soon as the SUs are merged into their Discussions, and I believe I may have missed saying that the Other boards (Not in the Interactive boards) are slightly hard to navigate due to half of the boards being gone, and the topics being moved. I remember from yesterday in Pe2k's Fb chat, hearing that Tobi was actually lost, and Jenn has just been saying that it makes her want to kill babies anywhere I talk to her (Don't think I forgot, Jenn, you Aim'd me saying that).

It really wasn't nessicary to put ASB, POL, and URPG together. Sure, maybe URPG and ASB would be good together, but POL is something compltely different; there is a program we do it on, unlike the others. Sure, URPG battles can be in AIM, but not all of them are, some are forum battles.

I think the things Simmi has been talking about are needed to tell other from pokemon, and Graphic from Drawn, or even graphic and drawn art.

I seem sort of lost when I look into some categorys, actually, mostly the Other categories. I fell as lost as I felt in Seattle.

And actually, I think Proffesor G. may have left when he saw the thing that said it would be changing, because he left months ago, about in late February.
__________________
I'm alive! -coughnotcough-
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

MoonKit....Prof G left because he has too much work on his plate. Proof is here. Stop thinking within the framework of "I don't like this" as your pretense to everything we've done, because it's clouding your view of the big picture.

The Other section was mostly my idea, considering that I frequented that area. I've simplified the process by essentially grouping everything large into their major categories. All of entertainment went to the entertainment section regardless of movies/music/etc. Everything else that doesn't fit and aren't "serious discussions" are in chat. It's a LOT easier to navigate than having 10 different subforums and having to crosscheck whether something fits in one or another. There is only 1 distinction now: IS THIS ENTERTAINMENT OR NOT? If you think that this is harder to navigate than having 10 different subforums, then you're just lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
And where are they now? Yeah, there are quite a few vets, but you're gonna be hard pushed to try and say "everyone hated the VB change, but now they all love it", when a lot of them are gone, and you have to wonder what pushed them away.
You do know I was one of those people that hated the vB change, right? And yeah, most of them left because they're my age. To be in your twenties and still be hanging around in a pokemon forum is a rarity.

People are resistant to change. Any change we do will cause people to leave. That is an undeniable fact. Look at Obama's campaign and see how still a good 30% of Americans would rather keep status quo with McCain/Palin than the promise of change (whether or not he delivered is irrelevant to this). We are not gods and we are not above Obama in capability to induce change that everyone likes. The only thing we can do is minimize the damage when we are making such necessary changes.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 06-22-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Um, I'm just going to put in that I like the new changes ^^ I wasn't too sure about the sign-ups for RPs at first, but I'm glad you changed that ^^ I'm cool with everything now :) It might take time, but I think that the new arrangement will grow on us. I agree that it was a neccessary change. We really didn't have a lot of active "Other" RPs or Fan-fics going on, and some of the other boards were just as inactive. And I think it's easier to navigate the forum now, too.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:38 PM
MoonKit's Avatar
MoonKit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington.
Posts: 2,593
Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

NO offence, but you people asked for our oppinion, we give our oppinion to you, and what we have heard, and you just yell at us and say that its fine? No offence, but you are acting like 2-year-olds. People don't like cluttered things, rather organized things. this forum has turned cluttered and messy. The 10 thread things...boards...were easy to navigate because they were quite self-explanitory. The new things have all sorts of threads, basically whatever you mods threw in them.

If you call this clean, then you like cluttered/messy things.

Thanks for making me leave; I can hardly get around here without having a headache and wanting to kill people.
__________________
I'm alive! -coughnotcough-
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Giratina's Avatar
Giratina Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Never-Turn-Back, pestering Zero
Posts: 2,673
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

It's a little odd to have the PE2K front page be so short, but for the most part I'm okay with the changes. My only problem is that everything is clumped into the 'Creative Writing' category; there could easily be more sub-forums for lyrics/poetry, essays, editorials, etc., with the main category being fanfiction, and the name changed back to 'Fanfiction and Writing'. Just because I've always thought of fanfiction as the main focus of that board, and seeing it all clumped together kind of unnerves me. XD;

Also, MoonKit: I hate to break it to ya this way, but if you leave, that's your decision. Pity-partying us usually doesn't work. Like Kenny said, with every change comes people who don't like the change, and people who don't like the change can either bear with it or get out. The admins probably knew that some people were going to rage about this re-arrangement and leave, but if they were worried about people leaving, then no changes would be made and that would do more harm than good.
__________________

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 06-22-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Are you happy with the new forum re-organisation made to PE2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonKit View Post
NO offence, but you people asked for our oppinion, we give our oppinion to you, and what we have heard, and you just yell at us and say that its fine? No offence, but you are acting like 2-year-olds. People don't like cluttered things, rather organized things. this forum has turned cluttered and messy. The 10 thread things...boards...were easy to navigate because they were quite self-explanitory. The new things have all sorts of threads, basically whatever you mods threw in them.

If you call this clean, then you like cluttered/messy things.

Thanks for making me leave; I can hardly get around here without having a headache and wanting to kill people.
To be honest Moonkit, I fail to see how the board is cluttered and messy at all. Everything seems to have its place, and although it took a day or two, I'm actually fairly happy with the forum change now.

No one is making you leave. I'm sure if you gave it a week or two and got out of that negative attitude, you'd come to enjoy the forum the way you used to.

Voted yes.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com