Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Post Nintendo Announces Wii U at E3

Today t an E3 conference, Nintendo revealed their newest home console: the Wii U (name inspired by their intentions of creating an experience which appeals to everyone in an individual way. eg. Hardcore, casual, shooter, sports, etc...) They r

More...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak
Default Re: Nintendo Announces Wii U at E3

Whoa, whoa, whoa. NEW SMASH BROS?!
Where is this info D;
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Interesting... I was hoping for some virtual reality type thing though. This doesn't seem to be that different to the Wii. The controller is kind of odd. Who wants to be looking down at their hands while there's a giant TV screen in front of them? They should have just made the 3DS the controller or something xD

Considering the lack of Pokemon games, my Wii purchase has pretty much been a fail. The only games that made it worth having were the Harry Potter ones which were really fun with the Wii remote. I'm not going to buy any more Nintendo consoles unless they release a full scale Pokemon RPG or a Pokemon Stadium/Snap sequel.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Interesting... I was hoping for some virtual reality type thing though. This doesn't seem to be that different to the Wii. The controller is kind of odd. Who wants to be looking down at their hands while there's a giant TV screen in front of them? They should have just made the 3DS the controller or something xD

Considering the lack of Pokemon games, my Wii purchase has pretty much been a fail. The only games that made it worth having were the Harry Potter ones which were really fun with the Wii remote. I'm not going to buy any more Nintendo consoles unless they release a full scale Pokemon RPG or a Pokemon Stadium/Snap sequel.
I agree with you, Sarah. Although I probably will get it anyway, since it's another console that could have more pokemon games out on it (and I really do like SSB games - although I think it's too early for another one - and Zelda games). I guess it depends on what comes out for it. I do like the screen on the controller thing, even though it's a little odd, and I think it'll end up being normal and we'll get used to using it. I do think it's a bit unnecessary, but for making things like logos for yourself in games, it'd be handy to draw with and stuff.

I'm really for that pokemon RPG. If they made one (especially a pokemon POV or a well organised free-roam trainer one where you can catch lots of pokemon), I would be thrilled. :D I'm also really looking forward to another PMD. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Doodlebop Offline

I read somewhere that it's like you can switch between using the controller for the screen and the TV.

WHOA WHOA WAIT

THAT SCREENSHOT

IS THAT A NEW ZELDA?

ASDFGHJKL

MUST KNOW MORE

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 06-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Actually, I could be wrong, but I think it's Skyward Sword. The Wii U is supposed to be backwards compatible with old Wii games from what I saw and heard.

Anyway, was I the only person to totally hate this idea? I have never liked the original Wii and to make another system seemed totally pointless to me. That and the controller looked like the iPad and DS/PSP had a baby. If the only significant change you're going to make it the controller, change it and put it out by itself, don't change the system!

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
Actually, I could be wrong, but I think it's Skyward Sword. The Wii U is supposed to be backwards compatible with old Wii games from what I saw and heard.

Anyway, was I the only person to totally hate this idea? I have never liked the original Wii and to make another system seemed totally pointless to me. That and the controller looked like the iPad and DS/PSP had a baby. If the only significant change you're going to make it the controller, change it and put it out by itself, don't change the system!
I said almost that same exact thing to my g/f yesterrday.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post

The graphics seem different to me, though. Plus, you could use the Wii U controller to control it.

Anyway, I admit the idea is very strange. But I still find the concept interesting. :P We'll just have to wait and see, I guess...

EDIT: Oh, it's just a demo. Well, it was still neat to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links

Last edited by Doodlebop; 06-09-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Controller is WAAAAY to bulky. I guess they're trying to move forward and drop the whole motion thing since PS3 and 360 have picked up on it. I don't think this move is quite the best they could have made.

How am I to play the game with out that big controller? I bet that controller would retail for at LEAST 100 by itself. Let alone the system probably running close to 400. Not exactly feeling this new system at all, I'm not even sure it's worth the investment much like the 3DS.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Skylands Offline

I like the sound of a portable Wii console, I rarely use mine as it is. Perhaps if I buy this, I will be motivated to play my Wii games more often.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

I'm sure I will harldy ever use it, and it looks REALLY Stupid, and, teh Contoller will probably sell for a lot, and that's not good, becuase my Wii Contollers don't even work for no reason. I even bought a new one and it wouldn't even work. I'd say Nintendo has made yet another mistake.

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 06-09-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:55 AM
winstein Offline

It looks really promising. I like the controller's concepts and the demos that are presented. It sounds like Chase Mii will be fun, and is probably similar to the game Pac Man Vs.. I liked how the sports demos are played, especially controlling the pitcher and hitting the golf ball.

Thanks for reading.