Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 04-21-2011, 03:48 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default [SU] Dusk of Broken Harmony [SU] (CLOSED!!)

Credit to Neo Emolga for the new title.

Is it the end of the world? Or just the beginning?
The Pokémon world, everyone knows of it. A place where humans and creatures called Pokémon work together and live in harmony. People sometimes keep Pokémon as pets when others train them to become stronger and compete in battles or contests with other trainers. There are organizations that try to steal Pokémon or have a higher goal, but their plans are usually stopped before they have a chance to even get started. It seemed like everything was on the road for a good life.

Or should I say was on the road for a good life. Everything changed over night it seemed like to both people and Pokémon.

The once beautiful planet is becoming barren. Water sources are drying up and forests are dying. It is believed that this harsh change was partly brought on by the advances in science, but by this point in time it has been forgotten what actually happened. Science was pushed aside and people started to go back to the ways of old when they forged weapons and armor by hand with hammers and when they lived off the land, and if you thought that people still had a strong connection with Pokémon companions then you would be mistaken. With the limited natural resources, fights broke out between the Pokémon and humans, which eventually lead to a full-scale war. It wasn’t until the war broke out did the planet start to get in even worse shape due to it being their battle ground.

After some scientific experiments had negative affects on the environment, which lead to some Legendaries to be angered but put their abilities to trying to fix the damage done. When the earth became the battleground for the Pokémon and human race, things got worse. Aside from the oceans drying up and forests burning down leaving little greenery, national disasters are starting to become more frequent. Earth splitting earthquakes and massive tornadoes are tearing up the fragile planet crust. Volcanic eruptions may seem like that when the lava cools it's strengthening the surface, but it is changing the layout of the land. Not only are the Pokémon and humans have to survive fighting each other, they have to survive the natural powers of the earth that are in disarray.

Whereas the humans continue to change leaders, the Pokémon have had constant leaders. Leading the Pokémon army are the Musketeer Trio or Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. Cobalion is often referred to as the leader and main strategist, Terrakion is the brute strength of the group and often watches over the training of the recruits under their ranks, and Virizion tends to stay off the battlefield and helps with getting injured Pokemon to safety and helps make herbal remedies for their injuries or sicknesses. The three of them are against the human race with a passion, and believe that the world cannot return to its once beautiful state if they remain on the planet. Humans are contaminating the environment and need to be eliminated is the common idea the three share.

However, another trio of legendary Pokémon has rebelled against the Musketeers and believe that Pokémon and humans have to work together as they once did in order to bring the world back to where it once was. These three are the Legendary Beasts, made up of Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. The three all work on strategy, training their lower ranks, and making rounds to make sure injured and sick Pokémon have what they need to be comfortable as they recover. Even though they do share the responsibilities, Raikou prefers to be a strategist, Entei likes to be right on the battlefield, and Suicune tends to make extra rounds to check up on their weakened companions. They believe that with Pokémon and humans working together, there is still hope to at least revive the earth and bring back the oceans and forests, even if it will not be the same as it once was.

When the Legendary Beasts rebelled against the Musketeers, a Pokémon civil war broke out. People noticed this and decided to take advantage of it to try to get the upper hand in the war. This caused the Musketeers to be enraged and they decided that any Pokémon that followed the Legendary Beasts and wanted to reestablish a partnership with the humans were not fellow Pokémon and had to be put in their place. They don’t think that though under Raikou, Entei, and Suicune need to be eliminated like humans do, but they need a reminder of what the human race has done to their world. And those reminders usually end up being physical.

Something similar has broken out with the humans, where some of them have hope to once again work side-by-side with Pokémon when others believe that they are too much of a pain to deal with and need to be taken care of "properly". Chaos continues to rule, and the rest of the Legendary Pokémon have tried their best to remain out of the battles but are at the end of their rope. The war has to come to an end, one way or another. Will the partnership between Pokémon and humans be reestablished and stronger than ever? Or will the two continue to try to ride the world of the other until only one of them remain?

~Rules~

-All PE2K rules.
-Must remain at a highest of a PG13 rating. There can be blood, violence, very mild cursing, and love, but anything that would make this a R rating or higher must remain out of the post and taken to the PMs if you feel the need to RP the scenes out.
-"Bunnying" is only allowed when a player will be inactive and he or she has asked for his or her character to not be left behind and has given permission for another player to play that character.
-Respect other players. If there is any disrespect towards another player or the RP itself, a warning will be given.
-Players' characters can die. It might be rare, but it can happen.
-Love is love, so please respect the players' decision if they decide to have their characters fall in love with each other. That includes same gender couples.
-No one liners! Please at least one, if not too much to ask two paragraphs in each post. And please try to be literate. My suggestion- type out your post in some sort of word document with a spell check.
-Fake moves are allowed, like for example those who know me know I have a Houndoom (or in this case Houndour) that knows a move called Ice-Flamethrower. However, if it is not a pretty much self explanatory damaging move, please at least give me some history on that move. If it has added on affects, I really need to know how the move works. I would just like to know how your Pokémon character learned the move and what it does in the History section of the sign up sheet.
-Some Legendary Pokémon can be playable characters, so if you are interested in playing a certain one please post or PM me which one you would like to play as and I will tell you if it is available or not and how it is tied into the RP plot give you my opinion on how I believe that Legendary may be tied into the plot. However, it will just be my opinion and in truth you can do whatever you like with that Legendary, just as long as you give it a gender since in my opinion most of the Legendary Pokémon should have a gender at least refer to your Legendary as more masculine or feminine, having your character referred to as "he" or "she" instead of "it".
-For the time being, only one Legendary Pokémon per player. I want to see how many people sign up first, and later on I may increase the number.
-If you are going to be inactive for whatever reason, please post or PM me out of courtesy so I can tell the other players of the inactivity and none of us think you are just blowing us off.
-Lastly, have fun! How this RP plays out depends on the players, so even I have no idea how it will play out or what the outcome will be.

~Sign-Up Sheets~

Pokémon

Name: (self explanatory)
Species: (what kind of Pokémon you are)
Appearance: (either one paragraph plus or picture, or even a combination)
Personality: (at least one paragraph minimum)
History: (two paragraphs plus if given, otherwise can be revealed over the course of the RP)
Ability: (self explanatory)
Techniques: (what attacks you know- 4-8 depending on stage of evolution at the beginning unless Legendary who get a max of 10 at the start)
Alliance: (Musketeers, Legendary Beasts, Human enslaved, or neutral)

Human

Name: (self explanatory)
Appearance: (either one paragraph plus or picture, or even a combination)
Personality: (at least one paragraph minimum)
History: (two paragraphs plus if given, otherwise can be revealed over the course of the RP)
Pokémon: (either enslaved or befriended, max of six with no legendaries)
Alliance: (Musketeers Prisoner, Legendary Beasts, Human, or neutral)

NOTE: Where I it strike'd out a group and added either prisoner or enslaved, that means that you were taken and are pretty much a prisoner of war by the strike'd out group. Some humans have enslaved Pokémon and the Musketeers have no problem with taking in prisoners to learn more about the humans and what they are planning. Also, there are a few rare occasions where humans befriend Pokémon, and those humans tend to be on the side with the Legendary Beasts and wants it to be the way it used to be where people and Pokémon worked together as a team.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 04-29-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:51 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Default Re: [SU] Dusk of Broken Harmony [SU] (A Pokémon Role Play)

~Accepted~
Musketeers alliance:
Surge, played by CM
Mystery, played by Hitmonfighter
Lucent, played by aeoneeveemoon
Legendary Beasts alliance:
Techno, played by Hitmonfighter
Chrono, played by Redmario
Gina Seraphina, played by CM
Kiseki Kagami, played by DarkAmethyst
Gaia, played by Pyroboy74
Dunev, played by aeoneeveemoon
Aurora, played by White Wolf of the Snow
Stormbreaker, played by White Wolf of the Snow
Human alliance:
Agana Lilith, played by CM
Kyndeyrn, played by CM
Chrissie, played by aeoneeveemoon
Blaire Kailon, played by Pyroboy74
Neutral:
Darkclaw, played by aeoneeveemoon
Kyosan, played by Tombi
Dahlia Kanon, played by Moonlight

~Reserved~
Pyroboy74 - 2 Legendary (Latios and Latias)
Raven X - 2 Pokémon (Lucario and Zoroark)
Tombi - 1 Legendary (Groudon)
Rinn - 1 human

~Pending~
"The Shadow" Zoroark played by Pokemon of Destruction

~Denied~

~Banned~

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 04-30-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:53 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Default Re: [SU] Apocalyptic War [SU] (A Pokémon Role Play)

And this SU is open. I would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have even if you do not intend to join and any new title suggestions since I feel like I failed at coming up with a good one for this role play.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 04-21-2011, 04:59 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
And this SU is open. I would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have even if you do not intend to join and any new title suggestions since I feel like I failed at coming up with a good one for this role play.
Neo's "Pimp My RP Title!" at your service!

I think "Dusk of Broken Harmony" or "Schism’s Cataclysm" would work nicely. :D

Anyway,

As for the RP itself, its good, but could use a few non-war-related elements that could be affecting the war between the separatist Pokemon and the humans who still use Pokemon to supplement the storyline. Forests are dying and the rivers run dry, but maybe something else is going on that affects both sides and challenges them as they try to deal with the opposing side, as well as this outside force that could either help them, hurt them, or a combination of both depending on how it's used.

Something like that could be introduced into the RP early, unless you want to edit the storyline directly. Just a suggestion though, I find things like that help give RPs a few more dynamics, making it appealing to a wider range of people.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:12 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I really appreciate that you took the time to post your ideas for this, Neo. It's been so long since I've posted a RP here so I believe I'm a bit rusty. I really like your idea for "Dusk of Broken Harmony" to be the title so I will have to edit that before I sign off. Also you helped me start to get ideas on how to improve the plot, which I'll also probably do tomorrow since it's really late where I live. Thank you so much for your feedback. With your help I have added another paragraph better explaining the state of the earth for this RP's timezone. Other ideas I have will probably be introduced after the RP has started or mentioned in a discussion thread when I feel the need to start one.

The SU is still open, and whatever changes I do make shouldn't have a major affect on any character ideas players may be having who are thinking of joining. I'll try to get everything edited and improved tomorrow so that this can become a pure SU thread again instead of a SU/DS thread, lol.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 04-21-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:16 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

You know I want in this; reserve me, please? x3 I know I'll be playing a human, but I might try a Pokémon too.

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 04-21-2011, 03:23 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAmethyst View Post
You know I want in this; reserve me, please? x3 I know I'll be playing a human, but I might try a Pokémon too.
Lol Of course you want to reserve, and reserved you shall be.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 04-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

Name: The Shadow (He is called the shadow because he is almost impossible to see at night.)

Species: Zoroark

Appearance:http://9silver1.deviantart.com/art/D...F471735&qo=105

Personality: He won't trust anyone until he can truly see their intentions whether he needs them or not. He isn't the kind to be cautious or timid under pressure. Sometimes it is hard for him to persuade pokemon because he looks like a bad guy. He tries reasoning with alot of pokemon while keeping his suspicions about them.

History: He was once with the humans until one day he was on a mission to defeat Virizion so Virizion couldn't keep helping the pokemon. On the way there, he saw a human hurting a defenseless little Cleffa and he realized he was injuring pokemon for humans who don't even care for him. He decided not to join any group but try to stop the war.

He keeps going help anyone trying stop the war. He will even sabotage both sides to stop doing too much damage, try of get pokemon to side with him and try to make a difference. Now the Musketeers and the humans are after to stop him from delaying their attacks.

Ability: Illusion (He was trained to turn into a pokemon that already he turned into before with ease.)

Techniques:
Dark Pulse
Night Daze
Dig
Double Team
Shadow Claw
Agility
Aerial Ace
Focus Blast

Alliance: Neutral

Last edited by Pokemon of Destruction; 04-21-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Added to History, Fixed puncuation
Old 04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon of Destruction View Post
Name: The Shadow (He is called the shadow because he is almost impossible to see at night and one minute he's there the other he's gone.)

Species: Zoroark

Appearance:http://9silver1.deviantart.com/art/D...F471735&qo=105

Personality: He won't trust anyone til he can truly see their intentions whether he needs them or not. He isn't the to be cautious or timid even under pressure. Sometimes it is hard for him to persuade pokemon because he looks dark. So he tries reasoning alot while keeping his suspicions.

History: He was once with the humans until one day he was on a mission to defeat Virizion to stop healing the pokemon but then he saw a human hurting a defenseless little Cleffa and he realized he was injuring pokemon for humans who don't even care for him.

He decided not to join any group but try to stop the war. He keeps going help anyone trying stop the war. He will even sabotage both sides to stop doing too much damage. He even tries to get pokemon to side with him and try to make a difference.

Ability: Illusion (He was trained to turn into a pokemon he turned into before even when the pokemon isn't there.)

Techniques:
Dark Pulse
Night Daze
Dig
Double Team
Shadow Claw
Agility
Aerial Ace
Focus Blast

Alliance: Neutral
I'm seeing some minor mistakes like punctuation, missing words, and the history is too short. A paragraph contains a minimum of three full sentences, and I don't see that in your post. It just needs some editing before I can accept it. For now, pending.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Name: Surge
Species: Houndour
Appearance: Surge is just like most Houndour when it comes to size. He is 2'00" and weighs 24 pounds, a little heavier than common Houndour. His short black fur is a little darker than most, but he has the signature burnt orange muzzle and underbelly which is also darker. His canines are longer and protrude from under his upper jaw, has white bands on his ankles, and more rib-like ones on his back. Surge also appears to have a simplistic, stylized skull on his forehead, with the orbits looking much like "eyebrow" patterning commonly seen on dogs. However, instead of having the trademark bright red eyes Surge has deep cobalt blue ones and has a vertical scar on his right eye that starts at his brow, stops at the top of his eye to continue on under it and end on his cheek.
Spoiler:

Personality: Surge is extremely loyal to his companions. He has no problem risking his life to protect a fellow comrade on the battlefield, but he has the will to survive all injuries to fight another day. However, he has developed trust issues and always keeps a watching eye on those he isn't sure about. He tends to stray away from social events unless the meetings are for battle strategy, and usually stays quiet unless he has something to say. He has no problem biting before asking questions.
History: Surge is a special Houndour. When he was younger he used to live in the mountains. One day he ventured to high up and was stuck in a blizzard, and because he could not find any shelter or a way to warm himself up he should have died that day. However, before he blacked out something caught his eye. He saw a light blue plate, and with what little strength he had left he went to look at it. He touched his front paw to it, and he quickly recoiled and pulled his paw back due to two things; one reason being that the plate was ice cold against his paw pads, and the other was that it started to glow. The young Houndour was curious and moved his head closer to get a better look, but the plate was soon engulfed in a blinding light. Surge closed his eyes at the bright light, so he didn't see that the light that be plate was surrounded in soon after hit him, causing a light blue aura to be around his small frame. Once the light died down and he stopped glow, he opened his eyes to see that the plate had vanished and soon realized that he no longer felt the need to rest. He now felt more comfortable in the snow storm and not as weakened. With his new strength, he was able to find a small cave to settle in and wait out the storm.

At that stage of life, the only fire-type move he knew was Ember. He was able to find some material he believed would hold a flame deeper in the cavern, so he gathered it and intended to make a fire to help warm up a bit. But instead of the usual red flames of Ember, what shot out from his parted jaws were small blue fire balls. They caught some of the material ablaze, but very shortly after the flame died down and what material was caught on fire was now frozen in solid ice. The Houndour pup was confused and leaned in closer to the ice to investigate it, but when he saw his reflection he jumped back in surprise. His eyes were no longer red but blue. Still confused on what was going on he tired to use Ember again. The second time around, the normal red fire balls were produced and set the other material ablaze with warming light and heat to melt the snow off of his fur. During the remainder of the blizzard, Surge trained himself to be able to summon the blue flame on command, and by the time he was able to leave the cave to return home he believed he had it down.

Not long after that, around the age of five years perhaps, he had his first encounter with a human. It was a human child who had wandered off from her mother, so Surge kept the girl company and tried to help her find her parents' He was successful, but the father had taken the opportunity to "re-home" Surge, thinking that maybe the Houndour knew something about what the Pokémon forces were planning. But Surge at the time was too young, so the man decided to train him to fight for the humans. At first Surge accepted the training, liking that he could become stronger. But the trust he gave the humans was soon betrayed when the man slashed at Surge's right eye with a bladed weapon, injuring him and causing Surge to go into a rage and destroy the house the family lived in. He felt bad and worried about the two women, but he had no remorse for the injuries, and possible death, of the man who almost took his sight from his right eye. The scar that remains is now a constant reminder of how a human betrayed the trust he gave.

Surge wandered around one of the few remaining forests after that, his injury still bleeding and by that time injected. He thought that it was probably his end and decided to lay down in some shade. He didn't want to die, but he felt like his body just could not go on. Before falling asleep, he saw a green graceful figure approaching him. It wasn't until later that he learned that it was one of the three Musketeer Pokémon, Virizion, who brought him to the Pokémon base camp to be treated. He learned that other Pokémon in the camp had had bad experiences with humans and believed that the human race needed to be put in its place. He felt his heart race, adrenaline pumping as he listened and agreed with what other Pokémon were saying. He became really excited when Terrakion, captain of the attack forces for the Pokémon army, was recruiting. Surge wanted to be on the battlefield and inflect the same pain onto the humans as they had done to him. He soon proved his strength and is now in the ranks under the Cavern Pokémon, training himself to become stronger and hopefully be promoted to one of the highest ranks of the offensive forces.
Ability: Flash Fire- Powers up Fire-type moves if hit by one
Techniques:
Leer- The opposing team gains an intimidating leer with sharp eyes. The opposing team's Defense stats are reduced.
Howl- Surge howls loudly to raise its spirit, boosting its Attack stat.
Bite- The target is bitten with viciously sharp fangs. It may make the target flinch.
(Icicle) Fire Fang- Can be either a Fire-type move or Ice-type. If Fire, Surge bites with flame-cloaked fang and may leave it burned. If Ice, he bites with cold-infused blue flame-cloaked fangs that may leave it frozen. Both types have a chance of causing the target to flinch if he attacks before the target
(Ice-)Flamethrower- Can be either a Fire-type move or Ice-type. If Fire, target is scorched with an intense blast of fire and may also leave the target with a burn. If Ice, the target is struck with an icy-cold blast of blue fire and may also freeze the target solid.
Thunder Fang- Surge bites with electrified fangs that may also make the target flinch or leave it with paralysis.
Alliance: Musketeers

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 04-24-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

*pets da puppeh*

Iz reserving place

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroboy74 View Post
*pets da puppeh*

Iz reserving place
I hope you're not trying to pet Surge. You'll suffer from both frostbite and 3rd degree burns wherever he bites you. Anyway, reserved.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 04-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Redmario Offline
Master Trainer

Reserve me a place for a pokemon. Hopefully I could be a legendary (like Heatran or Celebi) and if not then I will be a Toxicroak.

Good to see you again by the way ;)
Old 04-22-2011, 02:18 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmario View Post
Reserve me a place for a pokemon. Hopefully I could be a legendary (like Heatran or Celebi) and if not then I will be a Toxicroak.

Good to see you again by the way ;)
You can have more than one character, so you can play as a legendary and a non-legendary. Heatran is not happy with the humans for starting the downfall of nature while Celebi believe, or even knows, that people and Pokémon can work together again to start a new age. Other than that those two can have any personality and history the player wants. And thanks, it's good to be back in the RP boards. Glad to see you here as well. Reserved.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 AM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Clarification: Reserving a Budew and human

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D