Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Brumrha Offline

Default Re: Am I on the only one that thinks...

I generally have better luck with catching legendary Pokémon than most other people do, which is very strange considering that I seemingly have the Dead Man's Curse.

All I can say is, since most legendaries reside in caves, Dusk Balls are a godsend. So is Thunder Wave. That is usually the first move that I lead off with before I whittle down its health as close to death as possible without actually killing it. Then I toss balls at it.

Using this method, one can generally get him/herself a legendary using around 15-20 balls. & on a few occasions, I've managed to get one of them with just one ball.

Of course, when it comes to runners, it slightly different. Instead of Dusk Balls, I utilize Quick Balls, & after TW-ing it, I start spamming False Swipe until only a sliver remains of its health. Then, chuck Quick Balls. Of course, if you've got Wobbuffet, get him out, & just do what you usually do, just keep your Wobbuffet alive whilst doing so. Catching runners are more tedious than difficult, mainly because your team isn't under direct threat unless you trap it somehow.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Battlestar Offline

It is quite a burden. However come on they are great for tradeing and you are always happy when you get one or one with a great nature!

Think you have what it takes to hang out with the baddest on PE2K? Then Join Team Rocket Corporation!

Join Today!!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...hp?groupid=954
Old 07-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Very much a chore, I agree. I still remember chucking 100+ dusk balls at a 1HP, asleep lugia and not catching it. Instead it struggled itself to death. In fact, I ran out of my stash of dusk balls, worked with my ultra balls, and finally ended with great balls before it died. I seem to, for whatever reason, have really ridiculous captures like that, or trivial ones that take like 20-30 rounds of ball chucking.

Then there was a bitter match with another lugia that ran me 100+ dusk balls before catching it. And its IV's were all <10. >.>
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Very much a chore, I agree. I still remember chucking 100+ dusk balls at a 1HP, asleep lugia and not catching it. Instead it struggled itself to death. In fact, I ran out of my stash of dusk balls, worked with my ultra balls, and finally ended with great balls before it died. I seem to, for whatever reason, have really ridiculous captures like that, or trivial ones that take like 20-30 rounds of ball chucking.

Then there was a bitter match with another lugia that ran me 100+ dusk balls before catching it. And its IV's were all <10. >.>
Ya... Mewtwo usually struggles itself to death for me.

I ended up getting really lucky with Kyurem. 1hp (False Swipe), 1 fainted pokemon, 10 Dusk Balls.

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 07-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

I remember the days when I used to have to do this.

Now I just Pokesav Master Balls. I never use to use the Master Ball for anything because I felt that having any Pokeball other than a Master Ball on a legendary was a kind of achievement. Now I don't really care.

Once I caught an Articuno in FireRed with a Master Ball without knowing it (I would look away when throwing the Ultra Balls praying it would be caught and my Ultra Balls ran out and the next ball on the list was a Master Ball and I didn't notice I threw it until after I saved the game). Then later realized that the Articuno was caught by a Master Ball. I then reset my game because of this...this... abomination. Yea, that was a crazy thing to do. Should've just dealt with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamoosekazi View Post
Ya... Mewtwo usually struggles itself to death for me.

I ended up getting really lucky with Kyurem. 1hp (False Swipe), 1 fainted pokemon, 10 Dusk Balls.
Mewtwo has always seemed like the easiest legendary to catch. I think there was only 1 time I struggled with it. All the other times were pretty easy. I once caught a Mewtwo for a friend in like 3 or 4 turns after they had failed to do so after millions of tries.

OH WOW, I just realized that I have never, EVER thought of using False Swipe to catch a legendary. I should've done that.
Go to the Anime section

Last edited by Alonso; 07-09-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

I find it odd that I always run out of ultra balls and end up catching them in pokeballs. XD

Go figure.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 07-09-2011, 12:14 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

I think my favorite legendary to capture was Victini. Cause you could kill it and then go back and do it again and again. which would give you STUPID amount of EXP, then you could catch it. Then I gave it away cause I didn't want it. Which, by the way, for me catching Victini, I think I just threw a great ball and caught it after about 7 or 8 times of killing him for the exp. That particular battle, I didn't attack, I just tossed it.

That's generally my luck with legends, I'll just toss a random ball and catch them. It generally works. For the 3 'zion' legends, they were caught with great balls as well. Kyurem was with a premiere ball, because I'm a boss like that. I caught thunderus with a quick ball, and Landorus with a Timer ball.

I think the biggest pain in the butt legendary I've faced was Giratina. This was a one time thing fighting it, but it took me all of about 6 whole days to actually capture it. I rage quit so hard during that time. Like 4 times. I tossed my DS on the floor and stormed off into the other room. Only to come back about 5 seconds later and try again. Any other time I caught Giratina, I got it fairly quickly. So even to this day it bugs me that it took so long to actually get that Pokemon.

I threw my master ball in the trash. Or at least I'll tell people this, until Gem decides to show people my Reshiram off, like, LOOK WHAT CALEB WASTED HIS MASTERBALL ON! Then, I'll be sad. =[

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Closed Thread