Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Robertlr Offline
New Trainer

Default I haven't done any online play, but this is the team I think I want to use

Hey, I'm new to the board, and I wanted to post my team to see how it stacks up. I'm not really using any gimmicks, e.g. baton passing or spike stacking. A lot of my team has replacements I'm considering.

Lead:Gengar w/ Life Orb (possibly Choice Specs)
Timid
E.V. 252 Speed/252 Sp.Attack/4 HP

Moveset:
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt

A standard Special Sweeper, but I'm thinking of switching him out with either a Lucario or Raikou. I decided on Timid instead of modest for 2 reasons: I wanted him to be able to out move nearly everything(excluding most choice scarfed); and, the main reason, I bred about 50 and wasn't able to get a modest female.

Mixed Wall: Cresselia w/ Leftovers
Relaxed
E.V. 252 Defense/252 Sp. Defense

Move Set:
Psychic
Ice Beam
Moonlight
Lunar Dance

She's really a staple of my team; her ability to handle the Pseudo-Legendary Dragons is very handy, and I prefer Mixed Walls over typed walls due to versatility. I also haven't come across many things able to do more than 1/3 of her HP in the battle tower.

Physical+Defense:Metagross w/ Wide Lens
Adamant
E.V. 252 Attack/104 HP/152 Defense

Moveset:
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt(Hammer Arm/Bullet Punch are considerations)
Earthquake
Explode

From what I gathered, this is a fairly standard gross build. He's also one that I'm thinking of switching out, though I'm not sure with whom. I don't like having 2 psychic types on my team, and if anyone has a Special Fire/Ground move, he'll go down quick.

Physical Sweeper:Garchomp w/ Focus Sash
Adamant
E.V. 252 Attack/252 Speed/ 4 HP

Move Set:
Earthquake
Outrage
Aqua Tail
Rock Slide/Sandstorm

Though I originally disliked him due to his 4x weakness to Ice(the same reason I stopped using Dragonite), I noticed his Attack and Speed shined, and a Focus Sash will stop him from getting OHKO'd. He's become another staple of my team.

Paraflincher:Togekiss w/ Expert Belt
Modest
E.V. 252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4 HP

Move Set:
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Flame Thrower/Aura Sphere
Roost/Aura Sphere

He was the first Pokemon I bred for competitive play, so he's a little broken from what I've read online. From what I've gathered, most people don't put as much focus into Sp. Attack and Speed as I did. I do however like the damage output he has, and like not having to leave enemies flinching up to chance by taking them down faster. I bred another that I may replace him with. Timid Nature and 152 Sp. Defense/152 Defense/ 208 HP was what I was considering for E.V's.

Back-up Wall:Snorlax w/ Lum Berry
Careful
E.V. 152 Attack/252 Defense/104 Sp.Defense

Move Set:
Rest
Ice Fang
Crunch
Body Slam

Here's another I'm kind of iffy about. I was debating replacing him with a Registeel(the one I have has a great nature and I.V's). I dislike having 2 Normal Type, and since I was considering dropping Metagross, I wouldn't have 2 Steels. I also noticed Registeel learns Toxic, Stealth Rock, and Explode, so he would be decent for setting up, in addition to defending. I bred a second Snorlax with a much lower Attack,

As you can see, I'm only intent on keeping half my team, (Togekiss, Cresselia, and Garchomp), and Togekiss might be replaced by another with different stats. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Robertlr; 06-06-2011 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 06-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: I haven't done any online play, but this is the team I think I want to use

Is this for fourth generation or fifth?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Robertlr Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: I haven't done any online play, but this is the team I think I want to use

4th, though from what I've read at the Smogon site, I'd have to switch out Chomp.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertlr View Post
4th, though from what I've read at the Smogon site, I'd have to switch out Chomp.
Correct, Garchomp will need switching out before this is a legal team.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
Correct, Garchomp will need switching out before this is a legal team.
You could probably use Dragonite if you want something similar to your Garchomp. Flygon's a good option, but it would be more suited for a role as a scout. But seeing as you don't have a scout Flygon could be usable
Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Robertlr Offline
New Trainer

Flygon, huh? I'm still a rookie, and don't really know the ins and outs. I'll have to look into Flygon; thanks. What about Registeel? I haven't read anything too spectacular about him, but he seems like a really good Staller.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertlr View Post
Flygon, huh? I'm still a rookie, and don't really know the ins and outs. I'll have to look into Flygon; thanks. What about Registeel? I haven't read anything too spectacular about him, but he seems like a really good Staller.
Registeel would be too weak, plus its weakness to fire, with threats like Heatran, MYSTICGAR and Flygon around, its not worth risking it, it would be pretty viable in UU though. You could probably use Blissey, its easily one of the best stallers
Old 06-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Good, Though Chomp needs to be switched.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:15 PM
O_man0 Offline
Master Trainer

As far as the sets go...

Gengar really wants Focus Blast. Sludge Bomb has STAB but doesn't offer too much coverage. Energy Ball is alright, if you have Swampert issues. Take one out for Focus Blast. You can also take out the other for Substitute, maybe even using a Petaya Berry over a Life Orb (I usually prefer Life Orb but I'm just spitballin').

Cresselia has always felt weak to me unless im running a Physical Defensive niche Variant. I don't know. I always liked Reflect/Charge Beam/Ice Beam OR Moonlight/HP Fire Just really ducks with Gyarados or Dragonite that try to set up. And when Scizor switches in to a HP Fire to the face? Nothing is more satisfying. Then again I used that set in the Salamence era so perhaps the need for a hard set-up sweeper counter has declined...? Thats why you might want to take out Ice Beam for Moonlight. I had a Wish user to keep Cresselia healthy, but since Salamence is gone, Dragonite isnt nearly as popular, and Flygon's Uturn ducks up Cresellia ANYWAYS, Ice Beam can be foregone. Also. Your set is a dedicated wall so. You NEED HP EVS. Do NOT question this. Any wall needs HP EVs (besides Blissey) because it bulks on both sides of the spectrum! DO IT! My defensive niche set ran a lot more DEFENSE and less HP, but thats only because I needed Special Attack EVs to secure some OHKOs (Charge Beam and HP are just too weak without investment, even on x4 weakness).

Metagross looks fine but uh. Wide Lens? Try Leftovers.

Garchomp is indeed banned. Also, don't run Focus Sash on someone other than your lead. Most teams run Stealth Rock, which breaks Sashes upon switching in. Flygon is there but you WILL notice a huge loss in power. You could run Choice Band and plow things over with Outrage. Choice Scarf is also very viable. You may need to change a few more things than just one mon though, because like I said, you WILL notice a huge decrease in power with Flygon!

Snorlax almost always wants Curse this Generation. Curse/Rest/Return/Fire Punch OR Earthquake.

Last edited by O_man0; 06-26-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Closed Thread