Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang
Default Girliest Pokémon Team?

So I recently got my girlfriend, a work colleague and my friend's girlfriend to start playing Pokémon. Naturally, they're all playing as girls and the one thing each of them has asked me, is; what six monsters would make the girliest team, which could actually be classed as competitive?

They're all playing Black or White and I believe they all mean "In Game." My thoughts are as follows, but I'd love to see your opinions and teams.

Stoutland

What kind of high class, uptown girl would leave home without her purse-puppy? Stoutland boasts some okay stats and some decent STAB choices for dealing some damage.

Swoobat

All teams need a flier and this be it. Flying and Psychic. I just think it fits and that it certainly has its uses.

Lilligant

A beautiful Grass type. Perfectly powerful and girly.

Mienshao

A speedy fighting type that certainly will look like it belongs.

Victini

Not too hard to get a hold of, nice stats and pretty darn cute. I subbed Chandelure for this guy as my girlfriend refuses to move him from her team.

Jellicent

A defensive type which can pack a punch with the element this team is missing. Say hello to this teams water type.

So there's my idea of a girly B/W team which will carry the user a fair way. Your thoughts?

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321

Last edited by Zan Sabrefang; 06-05-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Girliest Pokémon Team?

I'm not entirely sure about Chandelure and Jellicent but my thoughts are Swasbuck and Audino possibly in there in a team.

As for starters, Snivy out of the three seems the most feminine to me.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Sabrefang View Post
So I recently got my girlfriend, a work colleague and my friend's girlfriend to start playing Pokémon. Naturally, they're all playing as girls and the one thing each of them has asked me, is; what six monsters would make the girliest team, which could actually be classed as competitive?

They're all playing Black or White and I believe they all mean "In Game." My thoughts are as follows, but I'd love to see your opinions and teams.

Stoutland

What kind of high class, uptown girl would leave home without her purse-puppy? Stoutland boasts some okay stats and some decent STAB choices for dealing some damage.

Swoobat

All teams need a flier and this be it. Flying and Psychic. I just think it fits and that it certainly has its uses.

Lilligant/Whimsicott

Either or here, for a beautiful Grass type. I would personally go Lilligant over Whimsicott, but I am male, so my opinion doesn't really count.

Mienshao

A speedy fighting type that certainly will look like it belongs.

Chandelure

A special attacking powerhouse with a dual type that makes it stand out even more. Very powerful and in my opinion, very feminine.

Jellicent (Couldn't find the moving Pink sprite)

A defensive type which can pack a punch with the element this team is missing. Say hello to this teams water type.

So there's my idea of a girly B/W team which will carry the user a fair way. Your thoughts?
I agree with nearly all of those, except for Chandelure, and maybe Stoutland. You could through in other things like Swanna, Gothitelle, Cinccino, Liepard, Leavanny, Emolga, Alomomola, and maybe Mandibuzz. Just depends on what they like. Each of them work reasonably well, so meh.

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 06-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Jellicent has a more appropriate sprite;
Old 06-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. And although there were girlier choices out there, I thought my choices produced a bit more variety/covered more types while maintaining the feminine feel.

Thanks for the Sprite, Gofre... I was looking for the animated one, but couldn't find it anywhere...

PE2K League Stats

Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

I always thought that certain Pokemon should be Female or Male only just by the way they look. If they have Female or Male sounding names, (like SlowBro, SlowKing, GeoDude, SeaKing, etc) which have a female gender) that should make them one gender only too.

Forgive me for sounding sexist. I'm not. I'm all for equality of the sexes. In some professions and tasks, women are just as good as men if not more. It's just that some of the Pokemon images were not as clearly thought out in regards to their names and appearances with gender in mind.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya; 06-05-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

I found the animated Female Jellicent... You just type _f before the .gif for the male Sprite.

Back on topic; I swapped out Chandelure for Victini. My girlfriend and my best friend's girlfriend both adore him, so it made sense to do that as the swap.

In regards to getting rid of Stoutland, I am torn between Cinccino or Emolga. Please feel free to post your girliest team ideas. I'd love to see some.

PE2K League Stats

Old 06-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Sabrefang View Post
I found the animated Female Jellicent... You just type _f before the .gif for the male Sprite.

Back on topic; I swapped out Chandelure for Victini. My girlfriend and my best friend's girlfriend both adore him, so it made sense to do that as the swap.

In regards to getting rid of Stoutland, I am torn between Cinccino or Emolga. Please feel free to post your girliest team ideas. I'd love to see some.
Take out Stoutland, Swoobat and Chandelure and add Gothitelle, Cinccino and Virizon

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 06-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Roze Offline

Team:
Beacuse you need Surf/Fly:

Because they're dang cute

Because they said they liked him

Because everyone should think he's cute and want him.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya View Post
I always thought that certain Pokemon should be Female or Male only just by the way they look. If they have Female or Male sounding names, (like SlowBro, SlowKing, GeoDude, SeaKing, etc) which have a female gender) that should make them one gender only too.

Forgive me for sounding sexist. I'm not. I'm all for equality of the sexes. In some professions and tasks, women are just as good as men if not more. It's just that some of the Pokemon images were not as clearly thought out in regards to their names and appearances with gender in mind.
This would be true if not for the fact that the english names were NOT thought up at the same time as the concepts, and most of the Japanese names are gender neutral.

Example:

English: Mr. Mime
Japanese: Barrierd

The English localization team likely had no idea that G/S and genders were already in the works at the time and just looked for whatever would appeal to children in the west.

English: Slowbro
Japanese: Yadoran

Note from bulbapedia: Yadoran may be taken to mean 宿らん, to not lodge/dwell. It is also possible that the yado comes from 宿借り yadokari, hermit crab, or 宿主 yadonushi, (parasitic) host. Also, 鈍感 donkan means thickheaded or solid, and 鈍 don means slow, dull, or stupid.

No gender connotation there.

A few of the Japanese names do refer to the word "King" though, like Yadoking.

English: Geodude
Japanese: Ishitsubute

The Japanese name means a stone that throws stones. Tsubute is a throwing stone, ishi is a stone. There is no gender connotation.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?

Last edited by Tasteless; 06-06-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

I wouldn't pay even if it was the loose change in my back pocket -counts it- YA I WOULDN'T EVEN PAY $4.62!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pokemon Ninja View Post
I wouldn't pay even if it was the loose change in my back pocket -counts it- YA I WOULDN'T EVEN PAY $4.62!
What does this have to do with anything in the thread?

On topic:

Lilligant or Whimsicott is a definite feminine choice. There is also Liepard, Leavanny, Maractus even Zoroark.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM
GohJolteonBoy Offline
Experienced Trainer

Well, I say...

Serperior's da beast. He/she/it looks very feminine for a snake Pokemon. The only feminine Coil User.

Or a Volcarona if you want Special.
Closed Thread