Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Husnain Offline

Send a message via AIM to Husnain
Smile Pe2k as you remember it

Old Thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=28276

Figured that I should remake the thread since it was somewhat interesting

I will edit this post later with mine!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Pe2k as you remember it

BACK WHEN I WAS A KID (I still am but who the heck cares)

I was a flipping n00b. I resized images, sure, I didn't JPG them, whatever, but they always looked so big and fat. (Yeah, I said it. FAT.)

I remember, even if I was a guest, a giant spriting community. Oh, god, I'm hardly old here, but I have too many memmories here to count.

Meeting Retro. Sure, we fought a lot, but I backed him up half of the time. We ruined the general spriters showcase. Oh, good times xD

I could go on and on, but I don't want to waist my time. I'll write a whole essay-type-thing on memories in word tomorrow morning.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:02 AM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

back in my day, the DCC wasn't $#!+

also back in my day, other:chat actually had interesting threads and wasn't full of crap and camwhores

also when I first got here I mainly stayed in the sprite boards until I got into URPG and then wrote that one retarded fanfic that became a hit before starting a modragefit and yeah

Last edited by Steak; 05-27-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

I remember WAY back in the day, everyone was nice. No really, there were hardly any fights (that I ever saw). I also remember having clones for the lulz until I think it was HKim that came along and said to break it up. :P
But otherwise, I usually hung out around the art and RP boards until around '04, then I started drifting more towards the OC.

Yeah. Proboards days ftw.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

In 2007, when I joined, I was a big noob. I revived two threads, but was quickly told to stop. Lol, I was such a noob...

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I argued with everybody and acted like I owned the place when I first started. Now I really do not care xD
Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Akuaburedo Offline
New Trainer

When I lurked, it was way more active. :o With much more creativity. It rivaled PokeCommunity. That never happens now.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

I remember when you can make a thread about Octopus babies and have it be taken seriously.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 05-28-2011, 02:44 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Was insanely active. I was totally unsure about everyone, having moved with the URPG from Yahoo Groups to the old PE2K forums.

WAR had started, Syrus was like an even more popular Neo, and -- well, did I mention it was a lot more active?

Edit: Man, I miss a lot of people. This thread is depressing. I'm old.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 05-28-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:02 AM
Shozuka Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shozuka Send a message via Yahoo to Shozuka

When I joined in 2006, I was a major noob and caused pointless fights about the most ridiculous things. Dx There were a lot of cool people too; I was just way too young to be on a forum.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:22 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

When I started, I mainly lurked in the user groups, but when I gradually moved into the main forum, I was young and stupid, and managed to insult a few people. I quit numerous times, but I remember, about a year ago, when I was last active, it was a lot busier, more stuff happening. And I miss a lot of my friends from back then. :(

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 05-28-2011, 07:46 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Ah, 2007. I remember the NBL, I think it was dead by the time I attempted to join it, but it was just too late. Then this came and I joined, lawl.

I remember being mates with Adam back then, but now I've replaced him with Jesse and Kers ;o

Uhh, the URPG stories board was active!!

I tried not to be a noob, but I failed a little bit; not spectacularly though, just tried to be cool and didn't fit in.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 05-28-2011, 08:50 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I remember PE2K through many good and bad times. Through many active and inactive periods.

And I have made many friends along the way that have moved on.

But I don't believe that our best day's our behind us. I don't believe that we've lost the war. I don't believe that there is no hope.

We may be down, but we're not out. We may be behind, but we've never quit.

And we may not have the same activity levels as Serebii, Bulbagarden, or Pokemon Community, but then I say that NEITHER are we Serebii, Bulbagarden, or Pokemon Community.

We are PE2K.

And we've been in worse spots before. I should know, I've seen it. And we've come back from that before. Heck, we're better than where we were the past few months thanks to Black and White.

And we're never, NEVER, returning to that sleepy state that we once were.

Cause if PE2Kers know anything, it's knowing how to fight for what they love and those they love. It's that they know how to have a good time and enjoy life. It's that they remember that their Destiny is something they can control, not fate to be lead to.

It's that they understand that the past holds grand memories. And that those memories should be cherished. But more importantly they also know that there are many more grand memories yet to be created. More stories to write, more adventures to live, more people to meet, more life to live.

So I am thankful for the PE2K I remember, because it helped create who I am today. It helped create the community I love today. And it brought together all of you.

I'm going to fight for our future. I'm going to strive forward and create a place here that we can all be proud of and enjoy. I'm going to believe in who we are.

Because this place is only going to die when we let it. And that's a strategy I can live by.

Believe it.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I remember PE2K through many good and bad times. Through many active and inactive periods.

But I don't believe that our best day's our behind us. I don't believe that we've lost the war. I don't believe that there is no hope.

And we may not have the same activity levels as Serebii, Bulbagarden, or Pokemon Community, but then I say that NEITHER are we Serebii, Bulbagarden, or Pokemon Community.

We are PE2K.

And we've been in worse spots before. I should know, I've seen it. And we've come back from that before. Heck, we're better than where we were the past few months thanks to Black and White.

Cause if PE2Kers know anything, it's knowing how to fight for what they love and those they love. It's that they know how to have a good time and enjoy life. It's that they remember that their Destiny is something they can control, not fate to be lead to.

It's that they understand that the past holds grand memories. And that those memories should be cherished. But more importantly they also know that there are many more grand memories yet to be created. More stories to write, more adventures to live, more people to meet, more life to live.

So I am thankful for the PE2K I remember, because it helped create who I am today. It helped create the community I love today. And it brought together all of you.

I'm going to fight for our future. I'm going to strive forward and create a place here that we can all be proud of and enjoy. I'm going to believe in who we are.

Because this place is only going to die when we let it. And that's a strategy I can live by.

Believe it.
*Tear* *Sniffle* *Sniffle* *Tear* That was... t-t-that was... beautiful... *Sniffle*

For Pe2k, AND FOR RYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:01 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post

We are PE2K.

Believe it.
That... That was totally Facebook-status worthy. Damn 420 character limit. :'S

I remember getting a D+ on a report because I stayed up all night Reffing for the ASB instead of editing the essay. That was back when the ASB didn't feel like such a chore and I actually enjoyed Reffing. :/ Ah, the good ol' days... *slight sigh of contentment*