Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:19 AM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT
Default Headline of the Day: NATO Airstrikes

NATO Warplanes Bomb Tripoli

War has been waged in Libya for quite some time and I've been following the news about the matter quite closely. The controversial leader of the country, Muammar Gaddafi, has been kindly asked to step down and resign from his current position. He refused. So, the Western countries took the matters into their own hands, just like in Israel, the Gulf, Iraq, Aghanistan, and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Post
Gaddafis's house was hit by a NATO air strike in the Gargur area of Tripoli on May 1, 2011 as the Libyan regime said the raid killed Gaddafi's youngest son and three grandchildren but that the strongman escaped unhurt in what it called a deliberate attempt to assassinate him.
Can someone explain what justifies killing innocent people when trying to kill a guilty man? I know the purpose is for the good but the means are definitely not. Oh, and the answer to my question is not oil.

If you've been following the Libyan crisis, throw in your opinion or two.