Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:23 PM
5hours Offline

Default Shedinja or Ninjask?

My Nincada is on level 18 right now, and soon it will evolve in a Ninjask or Shedinja.
I kind of already decided to evolve it into a Shedinja, since it looks quite cool,
though it only has 1 HP..

So, what would you evolve a Nincada in, and please explain why.

And some help needed with this please;
I read somewhere that, let's say you want your Shedinja to have Sword Dance,
you have to train your Nincada till the level it learns Sword Dance, and then you can evolve it to Shedinja. How is that possible when it must evolve at 20?
(source: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?p=8536489)

Or is is true that when a Pokémon evolves on level 20, and you cancel it, and then level it up to 21, it tries to evolve again?

Lots of question, but please help :)

Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Doomedweapon Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Doomedweapon
Default Re: Shedinja or Ninjask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hours View Post
My Nincada is on level 18 right now, and soon it will evolve in a Ninjask or Shedinja.
I kind of already decided to evolve it into a Shedinja, since it looks quite cool,
though it only has 1 HP..

So, what would you evolve a Nincada in, and please explain why.

And some help needed with this please;
I read somewhere that, let's say you want your Shedinja to have Sword Dance,
you have to train your Nincada till the level it learns Sword Dance, and then you can evolve it to Shedinja. How is that possible when it must evolve at 20?
(source: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?p=8536489)

Or is is true that when a Pokémon evolves on level 20, and you cancel it, and then level it up to 21, it tries to evolve again?

Lots of question, but please help :)
You can get both... just evolve nincada with an open spot in your party. The nincada will evolve into Ninjask, and Shedninja will show up in the empty spot.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Chromatic Alchemist Offline

Send a message via AIM to Chromatic Alchemist

I understand how you feel. I, too, had a Nincada, and when it evolved, I was expecting a Shedninja and a Ninjask, but not while having one with one hp. I was immediately confused. But you do not need to have Sword Dance to evolve your Nincada. I hope to have my questions answered, too.

l links l
Old 04-07-2008, 10:05 PM
OmgItsLoL Offline
Elite Trainer

Yea if you cancel at 20 you can evolve at 21

By Joangaes
2191 7512 8216
Old 04-07-2008, 10:30 PM
pokemaster493 Offline
Elite Trainer

ok keep an empty spot open in your party bring an extra pokeball and evolve it you will get both its not that hard...

credit to shadow lucario8
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=81783
MY AWESOME EVENT THREAD
Old 04-07-2008, 11:10 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Shedinja is virtually useless anyway, so of course you'd want to keep Ninjask in your party over it when you get both.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
masterblack06 Offline

Shedinja is not worthless he only has one hp because of the special ability "wonder guard" which only allows super effective hits to hit it, so its pretty good i guess
Old 04-09-2008, 04:50 AM
pkmn trainer Vincent Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to pkmn trainer Vincent Send a message via Yahoo to pkmn trainer Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblack06 View Post
Shedinja is not worthless he only has one hp because of the special ability "wonder guard" which only allows super effective hits to hit it, so its pretty good i guess
Shedinja is awesome! you just have to pick the right battles tp train it.....
Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Mister Pokémon Offline
Amateur Trainer

When completing the game, Shedinja isn't very good, because you want as much variety as possible. With him you don't stand a chance to many Pokémon. In competitive playing Shedinja is better in competitive battling. Ninjask is good either way.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:07 PM
masterblack06 Offline

Thumbs up Re: Shedinja or Ninjask?

you do have a point there but it all depends on the people playing it i guess
Old 04-21-2008, 11:29 PM
The_Seventieth_Evil Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I usually evolve my NINCADA into NINJASK, ignoring SHEDINJA until I breed ENDURE into a baby NINCADA. Then I level the new NINCADA to Level 45 when DIG is learned. At this time, my NINCADA tends to have:

SAND-ATTACK
FALSE SWIPE
ENDURE
DIG

And I then kill off FALSE SWIPE in favor of RETURN.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

In truth Shedinja can be very useful, although its based on luck mainly, it can sometimes confirm a victory against its opponent provided that its opponent does not know any status affecting moves (Wil-O-wisp etc) or any moves which are super effective on Shedinja.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

The truth is shedninja is either impossible to take down or is gone done in the blkink of an eye. Wonder gaurd is a great ability but shedninjask has quite a few weaknesses wich there is at least one pokemon on a team with and as a result he is not actually any good most of the time. truth be told he is beter off in the 4th generation when focus sash helps him but here he sucks. Trough in uber battles he is really good.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster493 View Post
ok keep an empty spot open in your party bring an extra pokeball and evolve it you will get both its not that hard...
It also isn't hard to type one sentence with correct grammar, yet you cannot achieve that simple feat.

If you want a Shedinja with Swords Dance but don't want to risk it not evolving into both by levelling up past 20 as Nincada, take a heart scale to the guy in Pastoria. He'll make Shedinja relearn a move. Just pick Swords Dance.

^^
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 04-28-2011, 11:51 PM
SakuraAnime17 Offline
New Trainer

Talking Re: Shedinja or Ninjask?

Shedinja is definitely better, if you know how to use it properly. Ninjask I found has fantastic stats, but its learnset is horrible, and its ability is useless--pretty much just raising the ridiculously high speed stat it already has. Same goes for Sword Dance, and the only other real use for it is raising all those stats and then Baton Passing to carry them over to someone else. Personally, if I'm using a Pokémon in battle, I like to stay with that Pokémon until it faints or wins unless it has a distinct type disadvantage. How else is it going to gain experience?

Shedinja, though, is great. Once you know how to use it right, it's practically invincible. You would be surprised just how many Pokémon don't know any Rock, Flying, Fire, Ghost, or Dark type moves. And once you know which Pokémon do know those moves, they're easy to avoid. Status conditions aren't really an issue, because only two of them actually harm Shedinja and they don't tend to come up that often anyway. If you think about it, the only way to inflict a status condition on it is to use a purely status changing move, like Stun Spore or Poison Powder (or, say, Will-O-Wisp, if you want a Burn example), because moves that cause damage and have status changes as a side effect won't harm Shedinja at all. (Oh, and Leech Seed, which is a pain, but again, doesn't come up that often.)

As for the weather conditions--which in my opinion shouldn't actually harm Shedinja at all, but that's beside the point--well, don't use Shedinja during those conditions. Simple. The only time it's really a problem is in the desert, and the very occasional times a foe uses Sandstorm or Hail.

The biggest problem I had with Shedinja was whenever someone used Confuse Ray or Supersonic on it. I'd have to say that's the only time I really considered for a brief moment ditching Shedinja because it just wouldn't stop knocking itself out. But its Attack stat is off the charts, and its Speed is above average, so there's really no danger of it being harmed by a low level Pokémon even though it only has 1 HP. Just take out the foe before it can take out you.

So many people will try to raise a Shedinja and give up on it almost immediately after it gets KO'd because the Trainer didn't know how to use it properly. I've had mine for the entire game in Emerald and it's been absolutely fantastic. Saved my ass more times than I can count. Don't get frustrated with it because of its quirks--just learn how to use them to your advantage.

(And as a side note--I actually think it looks much cooler than Ninjask. :3)
Closed Thread