Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 05-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default New Spring Anime 2011

Mkay, so this might be a little late to some people's standards... but this season is just... wow...

My watchlist and thoughts (summaries courtesy of AnimeNewsNetwork):

1) C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Summary: The Japanese government was rescued from the brink of financial collapse by the Sovereign Wealth Fund. For its citizens, however, life has not improved, and unemployment, crime, suicide, and despair are rampant. Kimimaro is a scholarship student whose only dream is to avoid all this and live a stable life as a civil servant. One day, however, he meets a man who offers him the chance to make money fast. From then on Kimimaro is drawn into a mysterious realm known as "The Financial District," where people engage in supernatural battles for the possibility of money.

--- I've waited for this since early 2011... just hearing the name itself without knowing what it's about. Then I saw it... this is officially the best serious action/fantasy/"omg it reflects the reality of this world... if this happened in reality fuuuu" series for me.
+++ Mad hatter type character
+++ Tsundere? horned loli avatar that fights along you
+++ Actual English conversations... trying hard, but still coherent non-engrish ones.

2) Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (literally translated to "Electric wave Woman and Youthful Man)
Summary: The story revolves around a highschool boy named Niwa Makoto. He lives with his aunt’s family since his parents are away on business. It is there where he meets his mysterious cousin of the same age Touwa Erio — who happens to tie a futon mattress around her upper body and is a self-proclaimed alien. Her staple food is pizza. Erio had been missing for half a year and was found floating in the sea. She doesn't remember anything about what happened during that period of time, but she began to think that it was the act of an alien and wanders the neighbourhood wrapped in the futon.

--- At first... I was like... wtf... then I saw Meme... Memeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... so you're a 39 yr old acting like an 18 yr old... dawwwwwww <3.
--- Oh yeah story is starting to get more interesting, with almost all the girls have this weirdness like Haruhi to them; a ditzy blonde; a tall cosplay addict retainee for 1 year; an omg so cute amnesiac but believes she's an alien/messenger/whatever; and Memeeeeeeeeeee <3

3) Tiger and Bunny
Summary: Sternbild City is home to people called "Next," who use their special abilities to protect the people as superheroes. These heroes solve cases and save lives so they can wear sponsor logos or acquire "hero points." Their activities are documented on the popular program "Hero TV," which picks the "King of Heroes" in a yearly ranking. The veteran hero Wild Tiger has always preferred to work alone, but now he's been assigned the rookie Barnaby Brooks Jr., who has a different perspective on being a superhero.

--- Was interested at the name at first... then I realized this series is like The Greatest Move Ever Sold; with its very many sponsors; shown in the Opening alone. Think of it as X-Men meets Survivor, only no one gets kicked out and they're all friends? Still, I like it. The story is nice, and graphics as well. Unfortunately I get a feeling that girls will watch this for BL fantasies of the male heroes -_-;
--- Did I mention that 1 of the superheroes is a gay African American superhero named Fire Emblem whose car sort of looks like a ****?

4) A Channel
Summary: Series about four friends; Tooru who has just entered the same high school as her best best and childhood friend Run, who is now a second year, and Run's friends Yuuko & Nagi in their daily lives.

--- Yea, another Lucky Star / K-On! contender. What's not to love? Each episode also has an insert song apparently; so there's the Opening, the Ending... then an insert song... cute.

5) Yu-gi-oh! ZeXal (Pronounced as ZE - AL... yea might be Zeal in the US... but Ze-Al sounds "cooler")
Summary: The story takes place in the distant future and focuses on a boy named Yuma Tsukumo, the number one bad boy at his school. Something unexpected happens when Ryoga challenges him to a Duel as the mysterious ghost of Astral appears before them, a new legend begins.

--- To be honest I am disappointed. They've dumbed down the series; GX was tolerable, 5Ds was an awesome comeback in my opinion... this one is just... pft. I hope there's something better later in the season; because what's more annoying than a immature kid that thinks he can KEEP ON FLYING (KATTO BINGU DA~~~)... then fails.
--- I'm awestruck by the CG however... and the cards; can't forget about the cards and their OMG WHAT effects.

-Those are the ones I've watched so far... here are the rest which I plan to watch-

6) X Men (There's a Wolverine anime and an Iron Man anime... don't tell me you didn't see this coming)
Summary: The X-Men are a team of elite super-powered mutants gathered by Professor X to protect ordinary humans even as they are persecuted by them. In the wake of the death of one of their own, however, the team has stopped operations for a whole year. Then Professor X receives word of a mutant girl's mysterious disappearance in Japan. Sensing that something larger is afoot, he reassembles the team and sends them to investigate. They uncover a connection between her disappearance and an anti-mutant group known as the U-Men.

7) Steins;Gate (too distracted by the others, this one is my priority)
Summary: Steins;Gate is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN who has been doing their own research on time travel tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.

8) Ao no Exorcist (literally translated as Blue Exorcist... seems interesting)
Summary: Humans live in the world of Assiah, demons in Gehenna. The two dimensions are not meant to interfere with each other, but demons still possess creatures in Assiah in spite of this. The humans who can fight these demons are known as exorcists. Rin Okumura is a boy who bears the curse of being Satan's illegitimate son. His foster father sacrificed himself to save him from demons. To avenge his foster father's death as well as to prove himself, Rin decides to follow the path of an exorcist.

What I don't want to see. Maybe just one episode for curiosity but that's it:
-Astarotte no Omocha!
--- Harem... a very... very disturbing harem series. That's all I'll include.

---Also currently watching---
- Card Fight! Vanguard (another card game anime)

Long story short: There are lot of interesting action/sci-fi/fantasy series now. Try them :3

Last edited by Jet; 05-01-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: New Spring Anime 2011

Watching:

C: I was expecting something like Liar Game. Instead I found a battle anime tacked with some economics here and there.

A Channel: Adorable loli yuri. Just like Lucky Star. :3

Astarotte no Omocha: Loli anime. pretty much the same thing as all the other ones. Not like Lucky Star in style. It's supposed to be a regular harem where one of the harem members is the main character, I guess.

Gintama: Yay! :D

Hidan no Aria: Another tsundere loli type character voiced by you-know-who. Well this one's got action and violence, which is always good. Military stuff goes into this series.

TWGOK II: Probably my favourite in this season atm. Mainly because the manga was really good/adorable/moe/etc. The first couple of eps doesn't disappoint either.

Steins;Gate: I want to know what I'm watching, since I have no idea wtf's going on. lol

SKET Dance: People seemed to like the manga, so I'll probably try it.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

A Channel is just :3

You should try Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. Slightly has a Chobits feel to it; which is somewhat rare nowadays. That, and Meme is in it <3
Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Does anyone watch Anime for the story? Hell no! We watch it for the cute characters, right Kenny? xD

I think a lot of these animes are hit or miss, might have to watch a few of them tho... I normally wait until after they end to watch them.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Does anyone watch Anime for the story? Hell no! We watch it for the cute characters, right Kenny? xD

I think a lot of these animes are hit or miss, might have to watch a few of them tho... I normally wait until after they end to watch them.
Depends. Sometimes I do watch anime for the story, like Monster and Umineko. Sometimes it hwas both cute characters and story, like Madoka, Higurashi and TWGOK (though I doubt the story's going to show up this season o_O). But yeah, I do watch anime for the cute characters. Balance is key. :D

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko: Interesting. I dunno, since Chobits trolled us hard in the end (yeah it's all in the programing, no sentience).
Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Jet Offline

It's like Chobits in a sense; boy meets weird girl, boy tries to show girl normal world thing.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Depends. Sometimes I do watch anime for the story, like Monster and Umineko. Sometimes it hwas both cute characters and story, like Madoka, Higurashi and TWGOK (though I doubt the story's going to show up this season o_O). But yeah, I do watch anime for the cute characters. Balance is key. :D

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko: Interesting. I dunno, since Chobits trolled us hard in the end (yeah it's all in the programing, no sentience).
Sssssshhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeee... wink wink, nudge nudge...
Old 05-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
It's like Chobits in a sense; boy meets weird girl, boy tries to show girl normal world thing.
Ah ok. Might take a look later then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Sssssshhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeee... wink wink, nudge nudge...
:O
Old 05-19-2011, 05:55 AM
SirSprinkles Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to SirSprinkles

Nichijou is the best thing ever.

Trust me it's hilarious.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I love Chobits. xDD

But yeah, sometimes I've watched anime for its cute characters. :P The other half of the time, I'm watching it because it's got a voice actor in it that I like from another anime they did. xDD Or one made by the same company as another that I like.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:31 PM

Why the fk isn't Sgt. Frog on here!???
Old 05-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

ok Denpa onna's op is SO BAD it's awesome. It's so weird to have her wrapped up like that. And the way she ate pizza was awesome. The aunt is awesome, trying so hard to act moe. I'll probably check out a couple more eps.

The artistic direction is nicely done too. I like Steins;Gate's artistic direction, but this one errs toward the moe look. :)
Old 05-26-2011, 02:59 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Where's Deadman Wonderland? I'm enjoying it, even though it's messed up.

I really did not expect Steins;Gate was going to be so good. I do admit the first 2 eps. were confusing, put the third started putting everything together. Also, it's made by the same people who made Trapeze(at least that's what I heard) and it's really nothing like, because after watching Trapeze, you'll just sit there with a confuse look on your face thinking "Wtf did I just watch?" xD

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

I just finished watching the second season of School Rumble. I just can't get over hilarious anime.

Speaking of which anyone else watch Cromartie High School all the way through or am I the only one?

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 05-26-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Lucario View Post
I just finished watching the second season of School Rumble. I just can't get over hilarious anime.

Speaking of which anyone else watch Cromartie High School all the way through or am I the only one?
If you think that is funny, watch Sgt. Frog.