Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default SotW Discussion and Suggestion Thread.

This is a thread dedicated to the general discussion of SotW; and suggestions! Please, if you have any type of good suggestion, don't hesitate to post it! I like to try to somehow incorporate as many great ideas into something that I can, so yeah. ^^

Feel free to suggest a theme, too, as long as it's creative and not too cliched. ^^;

Graceful Suicune suggested this / brought it up, so thanks, Xanthe! I also have noticed the one before this one, yes, but yeah. ^^b

I do hope it's okay if this is posted here, though. Also, thanks to whoever has been stickying the SotW threads; they may not be stickied in good time at times, but it's nonetheless appreciated!

I'll probably post up any ideas that really stand out that I'll seriously think about using.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:29 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Default Re: SotW Discussion and Suggestion Thread.

Fusion sprites with ten or more in them? and to go along with that, a COMPLETE recolor! So, pretty much a new species.

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

No worries, Speed. :3 Glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibb2 View Post
Fusion sprites with ten or more in them? and to go along with that, a COMPLETE recolor! So, pretty much a new species.
I don't think this is a good idea. TEN pokemon in a fusion is far too many, and will get too complicated and really, really messy. Trust me. Three pokemon is enough. Four would be the maximum I'd suggest. Besides, you're always supposed to recolour a fusion. xD

I feel kinda bad disapproving of your idea and not presenting one of my own, but I thought I better speak up.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:43 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Yeah, Im here to agree with Graceful once again. But really, the themes ARE normally things I either can't or am too lazy to do xD
And anyway, I gots tests and Camp, of course I don't have time to make a ten-poke fusion and recolor it (I'd leave out the recolor until I had time xD)

RANDOM FACT THAT IS WAY OFF-TOPIC: i used to doodle and do almost everything with my left hand, but now it's all up to my right hand for that (I still use my right and left hands at typing and stuff, mainly my left hand for clicking)

Last edited by MoonKit; 05-03-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

Now that I think about it, 10 IS a lot.... but what about the new species out of like 3?

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Sorry, but SotW is being revamped thus cliched concepts and/or ones that are just way too simple (in different instances, not necessarily the one you mentioned.) are either not going to be used like they were in the past or are going to be revamped and thought over completely.

Speaking of fusions, though, I'm glad you mentioned that, because that reminds me--I've kinda been thinking about involving fusions in one of the SotW's, but they would be fusions that are entirely more sensual / realistic (sensual as in making more sense, not the misinterpretation of it meaning the same thing as sexual and the like.)--they would have to be completely custom, and would have to include only two Pokemon and would have to incorporate both Pokemon in said fusion pretty much equally, a lot like this DeviantART user's absolutely awesome Pokemon "Crossbreeds." < Do go look at those, though, I'm serious.

However, seeing as how not a lot of people enjoy making fully custom Pokemon sprites that follow the strict criteria of the official style of them, this would make said SotW round much less populous. I believe that we should try things that aren't too easy, but aren't much too difficult, either, and are rather unique--said uniqueness and it combining with moderation seems to attract more entrants from what I've witnessed from this round.

I do appreciate your feedback, though, just try to be a little more "outside the box" with any other suggestions you may have. Well, it's not like you utmostly have to, but I encourage you and anyone else to try to do so. ^^b;

And about that DeviantART user--Tyltalis--if any of you are too lazy to actually search through her gallery, I've been nice enough to include links to each individual deviation. XD
*Check these out, even though they're in her scraps. XD*
*Same kinda goes with this one.*
*Golduck x Vaporeon.*
*Electrike x Shinx evolution line.*
*Charmander x Gible evo line.*
*Jigglypuff x Clefairy line.*
*Luvdisc x Corsola...though the evo looks a bit more like Lapras x Corsola. But it works!*
*Kecleon x Farfetch'd. Looks a lot like an Archaeopteryx, doesn't it? :3*
*Meditite x Riolu line.*
*Zigzagoon x Sentret line.*
*Skitty x Meowth line.*
*Water starters*
*Grass starters*
*Fire starters*
Old 05-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Pokemon Trainer sprites of real life famous people as a theme. I think seeing trainer sprites of people like Barack Obama, Johnny Depp, Lady Gaga, and many others would be just downright hilarious.

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 05-04-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
Pokemon Trainer sprites of real life famous people as a theme. I think seeing trainer sprites of people like Barack Obama, Johnny Depp, Lady Gaga, and many others would be just downright hilarious.
xDDDDDDDD YES! We should have a Lady Gaga one. xDDD Just because there are heaps of outfits to choose from. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

That theme sounds good, although trainer sprite themes aren't as popular.

EDIT: I actually think SpeedX's crossbreed theme sounds great. :p
Old 05-05-2011, 03:40 AM
Speed-X Offline

The trainer sprite thing would be hilarious; however, we recently kinda did something similar to that, and BlueJello has a rational point--just straight-out creating customs of trainers is a pretty broad if not a little bland, thus less people will enter. I'd love to try and incorporate it sometime, though maybe a little later on--hopefully we have a better influx of entrants by then.

BlueJello: Thanks, but there's all those drawbacks that I mentioned that it may turn out quite a bit less than expected. ^^;
Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. xD I just pictured it to be quite funny, although I'm not a fan of trainer sprites myself and it's true that people will be less likely to participate. But the whole crossbreed thing is essentially a fusion, no? Ahh, but the whole custom thing and looking at them more as 'crossbreeds' rather than fusions is more sexual sensual, and it reminds me of how I used to draw crossbreeds. As a matter of fact, I think I might have some in my really old pokemon drawing folder where I would store my doodles and alike. xD When Ruby/Sapphire pokemon first came out, I had a drawing book which I used to trace pokemon and morph them, and then I began doing it with pokemon from G/S and Kanto ones too. xD I'll see if I can find some sometime. :3

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Speed-X Offline

Could I possibly request an unsticky of this thread? ^^;;

edit: Thanks to whoever did that; I greatly appreciate it. See, it's just that I don't know if this thread should really be here / is even necessary...needless to say, I really don't believe that a sticky for this is all that necessary especially. ^^b;

Last edited by Speed-X; 05-08-2011 at 05:55 AM.