Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:00 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Post Too many Legendaries?

There are currently 47 Legendaries in the Pokémon world. Many people like to think that 47 are a little too much. But does the director of Game Freak, Junichi Masuda, think that? Masuda has been asked question

More...
Old 04-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Roze Offline

Default Re: Too many Legendaries?

Well I always just ignore then, because to me it doesn't really seem fun to use them. I personally don't care either way. I just wish they made some I actually like.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 04-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

i happen to think they Legends count is fine as is..
in fact if you ask me its actually like saying there are way too may body builders in the human race

Pokérus Empire
Old 04-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Skylands Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Toad
There's no real pride to having a Legendary now, or at least, not as much as there used to be. They've becomes trophies that you collect and show off. Back in the day, people used the likes of Zapdos and Ho-Oh in battle as it meant a real sense of accomplishment in Pokemon. Now it just doesn't feel as special to catch Legendaries, you don't get the 'success!' feeling or adrenaline even catching them you once did.

Another problem is that some of them could have been saved for later generations, perhaps for storyline purposes even. Cresselia and Darkrai could have for example had a great story of light vs dark about them, but instead they were placed as extras in Diamond and Pearl. Why? Why not give them a real purpose to fulfill other than being another Pokemon to catch, and therefore giving the next game something good about it already? I've just no longer the desire to find Legendaries that are unnessecary, and that's what a lot of the Legendary Pokemon feel like to me these days. =/
This.

(A comment from the article page itself).
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

The term 'legendary' is just a title. In the end, they're all just Pokemon, just with higher stats and better moves, so why is having too many a problem? That's how I see it, anyway.

And don't bring up the catch rate, either. Point in case; Beldum.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor

I like the count of legendary pokemon that there are! I kind of like how each generation carries a new set of legends. And each generation is also meant to start a new generation with new people. So I really don't mind it.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Saying that Pokemon has too many legendaries is like saying that the Greek Mythology has too many gods. They all tend to serve a purpose, or have a special story behind them.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 04-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Moe2 Offline

Ya there are too many, a trio of legends plus a more powerful duo (5 or 6 per Gen) would have been more than enough. This is seen in the first 2 Gens, once R/S/E came out they went a little over board
Old 04-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I find catching legends to be a chore now, rather than exciting like it was in the earlier games. In Hoenn I actually found catching the Regi trio fun because I worked out all the braille myself xD But in DP and BW I haven't even bothered to catch any of the legends besides the ones you have to for storyline purposes.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:40 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

I think the real problem is.. they're just not a challenge like the originals were ... Now it's just.. 3 maybe 4 turns and you've caught 1. Back then.. You had to face all the missed trainers for money then stock up on Potions and Pokeballs and needed a pokemon at the Legendaries level
so that you'd have a chance , and there was no concerns that a person hacked the pokemon because we didn't have Action Replays. We all had no choice but to work hard!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Saying that Pokemon has too many legendaries is like saying that the Greek Mythology has too many gods. They all tend to serve a purpose, or have a special story behind them.
Explain Ho-oh and Mewtwo... All Ho-Oh was in the storyline was a bird that flew away from a burnt tower and returned one day it had nothing to do with being a guardian or a Key.. That pink butterfree from the episode "Bye-Bye Butterfree" got tooken (basically left the forest) and returned to the forest... It didn't get much recognition... And Mewtwo was nothing more then a cyborg experiment went wrong.. It didn't have anything to do with being a Guardian or Key Did I miss out on something?

What I mean by Key is.. like in D/P how that Team Galactic Leader was gonna use Dialga and Palkia as a Key to a new world..