Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments

ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments The place where all official gym challenges and tournament matches take place. The place where trainers from far and wide come to test their skills against the very best.

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 01:43 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Re: GYM LEADER Applications

1) Okay. I like it. =]

2) Could you just give me a sample calculation then? I know what you're trying to do, but you won't understand the problem until you try doing it yourself. ;P Let's say my unboosted Pelliper gets hit with this shock.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 09-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfairy View Post
1) Okay. I like it. =]

2) Could you just give me a sample calculation then? I know what you're trying to do, but you won't understand the problem until you try doing it yourself. ;P Let's say my unboosted Pelliper gets hit with this shock.
1. Yay~ So... What now? Approval from majority?

2. cough/ there is no opponent to deliver the electric shock. How that get through the first time? xD So... to fix that?
A. Have the shock come from the opponents pokemon's power.
B. Choose a strict pokemon from which the shock come from.
C. Set a certain amount of Health that is deducted and make it electric type, so pokemon that are weak to it get a certain health, and pokemon that are strong against it get a certain health or no health in the case of ground.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-20-2011, 02:03 PM
paperfairy Offline

1) Yep.

2) D) Make up stats for the Gym, and use *that* as the opponent. Option C is also acceptable - it's what Nate does for his Gym.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
1) Yep.

2) D) Make up stats for the Gym, and use *that* as the opponent. Option C is also acceptable - it's what Nate does for his Gym.

2. Acts like a Thundershock from a pokemon with 3 SpAtk except with no Criticals, no Paralysis, and it always hits.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-20-2011, 02:23 PM
paperfairy Offline

Please edit *that* into your Gym now, but leave the other proposal until somebody else sees it.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Please edit *that* into your Gym now, but leave the other proposal until somebody else sees it.
Okay, done.

Thanks. :D

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Okay, even if it is useless to post this as paperfairy said, I'd like to post anyway. Who knows the Mods and Officials like this and need more GYM or maybe Elite Four?
And, I also withdraw my last gym application which I think is rejected, and replace it with this.

Gym Title: Nasty Tasty

Description of Gym Theme: Leader uses rubbish-shape Pokemon or related to illness bringer.

6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme:
Muk, Garbodor, Swalot, Weezing, Scolipede, and Skuntank. Plus 1 or 2 Wild Card(s).

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
Single.
How many Pokémon per side? Three.
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? No Damage Caps. No OHKO moves (including Destiny Bond, etc.), healing HP is negated (including items, moves, and abilities), 2 Chills per Pokemon.

What is the Gym Arena? A Garbage Disposal.
A terrain full of sticky rubbishes and sludge on the ground, some rubbish hills, sludge and mud, and also a lot of flies.
Ingrain causes a non-Poison-type user to lose health by the same amount, instead of gaining health every turn.
Dig causes a non-Poison-type user to be poisoned immediately and take recoil damage from the Dig, equals to 0.2 of the damage dealt.
Earth Power, Magnitude, and Earthquake causes the rubbishes on the ground to shake and thrown everywhere. Lowering the Speed of all non pure Poison-type Pokemon (Ekans, Arbok, Nido, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Gulpin, Swalot, Seviper, Trubbish, and Garbodor) by one stage (SPD -1) during that round.
Lava Plume and Eruption burns some of the rubbishes, lowering the defensive power of all pure Poison-type Pokemon (Ekans, Arbok, Nido, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Gulpin, Swalot, Seviper, Trubbish, and Garbodor) by one stage (DEF -1, Sp.DEF -1) during that round.

Each of the beginning of a new round, the referee rolls 1-100.
1-25: Every battlers on the field is hit by Smog at the start of the round. The move has the same poisoning chance like Smog. Dealing 10 HP damage to Pokemon that has 2x or 4x effectiveness, 6 HP damage to Pokemon that has 1x effectiveness, 3 HP damage to Pokemon that has 0.25x or 0.5x effectiveness. Do not affect Steel and pure Poison-type Pokemon (Ekans, Arbok, Nido, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Gulpin, Swalot, Seviper, Trubbish, and Garbodor).
26-50: The stinky smell from the rubbishes spreads everywhere, making the non-Poison type Pokemon lose concentration. Reduce their Accuracy by one stage (ACC -1) during that round..
51-75: The sticky rubbishes on the ground lower the speed of the battlers by one stage (SPD -1). Do NOT affect pure Poison-type Pokemon (Ekans, Arbok, Nido, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Gulpin, Swalot, Seviper, Trubbish, and Garbodor) and Airborne or levitating Pokemon.
76-90: More rubbishes are coming. Rubbish Pokemon and pure Poison-type Pokemon (Ekans, Arbok, Nido, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Gulpin, Swalot, Seviper, Trubbish, and Garbodor) feels so happy that raises the BP of Poison-type moves by 10 and the chance of poisoning by 10% (excluding Toxic Spikes, Poison Powder, Poison Gas, and Toxic) during that round.
91-100: Some rubbishes are thrown away. Makes the rubbish and pure Poison-type Pokemon (Ekans, Arbok, Nido, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk, Gulpin, Swalot, Seviper, Trubbish, and Garbodor) sad, lowering the BP of Poison-type moves by 20 and the chance of poisoning by 10% (excluding Toxic Spikes, Poison Powder, Poison Gas, and Toxic) during that round.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? Don't you care about your heatlh?

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present. Organised here.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Last edited by Foxamivalth; 09-27-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:40 PM
eishiba Offline

Gym Title:Ye Ol' Country Farmers Gym
Description of Gym Theme: Have you ever gone to a farm and wondered what kind of crazy stuff they have? Ever felt the creeps over what strange people like to do in the middle of the woods? What kind of spooks come with deranged country folks? Here at Ye Ol' Country Farmers Gym, you will find out! Only Pokemon used in the country or on a farm are used by the leader here.
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Miltank, Blaziken, Primeape, Stoutland, Ampharos, Grumpig(Subject to change)

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple? Single
How many Pokémon per side?3
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions?no ohko moves like sheer cold and fissure(you have to earn your ohko), 3 chills per trainer
What is the Gym Arena?The arena takes place out back behind the barn in a corn field. Some spots are higher with corn, some are much much lower. The tallest set of corn is 7 feet high. One could hide in the corn or anything else that might benefit.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym?Come prepared.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=114738

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=113665

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=111848

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=115059

Not sure how many wins I have but I know I have only two losses!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
paperfairy Offline

We've discussed this in the back room...

Fox, right now, you're not a great battler, but your Gym idea is REALLY, REALLY good.
eishiba, you're a strong player, but we all agree your idea is weak in comparison to Fox.

So, we're going to allow Fox's Gym to be made, and eishiba's will be denied. If Gym slots open up, eishiba will be first for consideration.

For now, Gym Applications are closed.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Gym Title: Classic 20

Description of Gym Theme: The Pokémon used by the gym leader must not have any evolutionary relatives inside their generation.
6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme: Skarmory, Sableye, Pinsir, Torkoal, Emolga, Scyther.
Single/Double/Triple? Single.

How many Pokémon per side? Two.

Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions? Damage cap 50%

What is the Gym Arena? Kanto Power Plant
20 X 20 foot space with many levers and buttons. There is a 10% chance that a random button will be pressed and the area will go dark, making moves have 40% reduced accuracy, unless those moves never miss.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym? Challneging Pokémon must not have any evolutionary relatives inside their generation.

In addition, please provide links to all battles you have participated in, past or present.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=114962
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=114627
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=114490

Last edited by Mawile-Danmaku; 10-19-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:

For now, Gym Applications are closed.
Posted just above you Mawile ^^'
Old 10-19-2011, 10:23 PM
paperfairy Offline

...the thread is closed. how did you guys post in here?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

I opened it because I thought people were suppose to register their wildcards in here.

But, close it up again after they posted...

So my fault.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

*headdesk*

!!Cl0s3d. T___T
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Gym revamp time...

I would like to change my gym to this, since WK has left the current gym we had and I have not found a new partner to replace him:

Gym Title: DDR: Dance Duel Revolution
Description of Gym Theme:
Pokémon that know two or more moves that involve ‘dance’ in their name are used by the Gym Leader.

6 Pokémon planned for Gym Theme:
Charizard, Feraligatr, Chatot, Weavile, Lilligant, Volcarona, Haxorus, Tyranitar
*Tyranitar and Chatot fit the theme still, but will be the two Wild Cards. Italics are in need to be obtained.

--BATTLE RULES--
Single/Double/Triple?
Double
How many Pokémon per side?
Are there Damage Caps or other Restrictions?
No OHKO Moves

What is the Gym Arena?
Dance Pad:
A rhythmic pulse flows through your body. Lights flash with the bat on the floor and everyone is in the mood to dance. The entire arena is a colourful floor of music and neon with a stellar, night club style roof to complete the entire scene. The roof can come away to reveal the night sky if necessary, and the whole arena is a massive, one hundred, by eighty, by fifty foot tall room with speakers humming bass lines and spectators viewing from lounge booths and bar counters behind an indestructible wall of specially made glass.

Pokémon who use any move with the word ‘dance’ in it will have the effect of that move possibly doubled. It is a 40% chance the effects will be doubled. If this is the case, the energy cost is the original energy cost of the move, with an additional 50% of that energy cost added onto it.
If effect is doubled:
Original energy cost + [original energy cost/2]

The following happens if the effects would be doubled for the following moves while used in the gym:

Swords Dance: +4 ATK
Dragon Dance: +2 ATK, +2 SPD
Rain Dance: Double duration of Rain Dance
Quiver Dance: +2 SP ATK, +2 SP DEF, +2 SPD
Teeter Dance: Those CNF by this move are 25% more likely to hurt self
Petal Dance: Damage x 1.5
Featherdance: -4 ATK to Target
Fiery Dance: +2 SP ATK [If boost is applied]
Lunar Dance: 25% chance of having 5% HP remaining rather than fainting.

What are, if any, the requirements to challenge your Gym?
No Restrictions

List of battles:
Click here for all of them.